Russell & LeMay Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1949 • With Angi since July 2006

Plumbing heating and air conditioning sales and service...

Central One Service LLC

Central One Service LLC provides Residential Electrical Service, Repair, and Installations. Started in 1977, Three Generations of our family have owned and operated the company. We take pride in our craftsmanship and stand behind our work 100%, giving you peace of mind that your problem will be resolved efficiently and effectively. To schedule an appointment, Call 501-940-9095

TNTlandscape

We specialize in all phases of landscaping, hardscaping, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Aire Serv of Little Rock

Two Brothers excels where the big companies fail. We know our customers by name, plus we don't have a ton of overhead so we won't charge you an arm and a leg like the big guys. We're here for all your home needs. Emergency services also available. No Job too large or small we do it all! Call us at (501) 301-4653 today!

11/03/2016

It didn't go well. The two plumbers sent out informed me I would need to enlist a leak detection service or just have the line replaced. There was absolutely no work performed by the employees. I received no estimate but I did receive a bill for $107.

Description of Work
I needed an estimate for work to repair a leak in the water supply line from the meter to the house.

07/15/2016

Went great, very happy with work and price and professionalism of employees.

Description of Work
Repair air vent and install shower faucett

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

04/17/2016

Very professional and prompt. Their work has been first-class. I highly recommend them for general plumbing needs. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Description of Work
I have used Russell & Lemay for plumbing several times in the past. Most recently they installed a bypass for a whole home water filter. I don't recall the exact price.

07/12/2015

It was years ago..... I had them out a number of times ..25 to 15 years ago both personal and commercial service and they did a great job for years when the original company founders were involved. Later about 15 years ago I had them come to my residence and left a key for the service man. The guy who came... I believe and my wife believes stole her cell phone...... drank our liquor..... and did not hook up the kitchen sink correctly. The initial order was to replace the sink faucet and sprayer. Then the slow leak on the sink leaked under our kitchen tile for days undetected... the 12 x 12 pieces buckled and broke off. When I had a R&L office person to look at the damage, he came back and later left me about 16 pieces of peel and place tile that didn't even match nor stuck. We ended up having to replace the floor with new linoleum and labor at our expense. Then, much to my dis-credit. I called them again when I moved. The house we were moving into needed yard sprinkler work and again....the kitchen sink sprayer needed replace. I just figured I'd be at home this time when they were there. The guy didn't know how to fix the sprinkler system.... and he broke the kitchen faucet hardware. He left to get the hardware for sink repairs. He was gone about 3 or 4 hours. He did get the hardware in the sink fixed but did not put a bead of caulk down.... so the sink tub retained water and leaked water for months till I had another repair company do it right. I never did get R&L to fix the yard sprinkler.... and that's what I first called them for. I got billed about 6 hours of labor. I believe the service man just went and had a long long lunch somewhere and it cost me around $600 to get a sink sprayer replaced... and the sink leaked. I will Never, Never use Russell and Lemay again. PS My wife had about $600 of calls made from her cell phone to someplace in Eldorado and Magnolia. At least Alltel was nice enough to credit these charges since the phone had been stolen... and evidently resold to a third party.

Description of Work
The $800 is an estimate on the two service orders. At the first house about $200 and at the second residence about $600. The provider was suppose to hook up new kitchen sink hardware at the first residence... which he did not get tight and leaked causing damage. At the second residence the provider was suppose to fix the lawn sprinkler which they never did, and also fix the kitchen sink sprayer. They did fix and replace all sink hardware about 5 hours and a $600 bill. The sink rim leaked and retained water since it never had a bead of caulk around it till another service company fixed it correctly.

Category irrigation systems

03/21/2015

I was quoted a price of $1,584.00 to install a new hot water heater, a drain with a proper emergency relief valve. The technician told me that the emergency relief valve configuration I had did not comply with code. When they brought the new hot water heater, they installed it in about an hour and left. No drain installed. They configured the relief valve just as it had been -- not in compliance with code, according to them. When I received the bill for $1,584.00, I sent a letter noting the above and a check for $1,000.00. They wrote back saying they would accept the $1,000.00 with this P.S. "We'd like to finish the job as it was set up originally,.Otherwise, we can't be responsible to any damage the HWH might cause." There was no apology for trying to defraud me. I will not do business with them again.

Description of Work
Sold and installed hot water heater.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

It's been quite some time since we did this work, therefore our memory is not crystal clear. We put this water heater in and according to our plumber, we did not have sufficient time to run the drain from the T&P valve off the water heater that day. We left the heater operating. We wanted to come back and run this drain so the installation would be compliant with our state plumbing code. To my knowledge, we never had that chance even after our request to do so. He chose the amount ($1000.00) to pay for our work even though our invoice was for in excess of $1,500.00. Our plan was to return and run this drain. However, we never had a chance. I'm offended badly that he would resort to saying that we were defrauding him. I wasn't trying to defraud him, therefore, I had NOTHING to apologize for. I still have nothing to apologize for. We've been in business since 1949 and we haven't enjoyed that type of longevity by "defrauding" customers. I would still be willing to run this drain if we had the chance. We would expect to be paid the balance. I do want to say that I appreciate "Angie's List" and the other entities that provide people the vehicle with which to relay bad experiences and hopefully get some relief from companies. Also, I appreciate Mr. Fendley taking the time to write this report. For a company that has tried to do things right for in excess of 65 years; it helps us learn how to better serve our valued customers who are also our friends. Thank you. Hayes LeMay - President

12/30/2014

Helpful, professional, courteous. They went above and beyond to help me knowing that the water company was responsible for the damage but would not assist me, all plumbing companies were booked due to Veterans holiday and hunting season, and my husband was out of town. I felt the price was very fair and all work was dine perfectly.

Description of Work
When the water company replaced my meter and turned the water off and then on without my knowledge, I immediately noticed problems with faucets, pressure, toilets, refrigerator... And then water started overflowing from my water heater through the ceiling into my bedroom. Called the water company and received ZERO help. Called several plumbing companies but no one could come to the house on short notice (hunting season in Arkansas). Russell & Lemay took time to listen to my water problems, help me do some quick temporary fixes and worked me in the next day. They fixed what they could that day and came back the following day to install a new pressure regulator.

04/06/2014

They were very professional. they installed a new HVAC unit in the attic and a new energy efficient heat pump condenser unit. They brought an ample crew of 4 technicians to maneuver the new hvac unit into the attic and had 90% of the new system installed in one day. Very well mannered and professional crew.

Description of Work
Contractor replaced existing central air system with new one.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

03/03/2014

We found bubbling of the drywall in a stairway to the basement. We suspected that we had a water leak. The plumber started with cutting out the area in the drywall which was bubbling. He ended up following the leak up through the dining room to the upstairs bedroom hallway. The leak was located in the hot water line to the upstairs. We elected to replace both the hot and cold water lines since they were both over 60 years old. We have used this plumbing service before and they are always very responsive about scheduling. The plumber has been punctual and knowledgeable. We would use this company again for any future plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Located water leak behind finished walls. Replace hot and cold water lines to upstairs.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

11/17/2013

Originally, my needs seemed quite simple enough. I needed a small vessel sink removed and a larger vessel sink installed in the same place on my vanity. The plumber came out, but wasn't able to guarantee times/dates as to when the tile man would be able to coordinate with him in order to complete the job. I didn't want to go an undetermined amount of time without a functioning sink and decided to hold off after hearing the potential scheduling problem. This was my first time using the company and had no idea what to expect. The tile man was called and came out to do his part of the work. The tile man said he'd need the plumber to remove the sink before he could cut a hole in the tiled vanity top for the placement of the new faucet. The plumber then had to come back, remove the sink, and THEN call the tile man to SEE if he would be able to come BACK over to cut the hole in the vanity. The tile man came back and cut the hole in the vanity, but by the time we got all the cats herded. ...of course it was the end of the day. So, I scheduled the plumber to come BACK on another day to install the vessel sink. It seemed there was quite a rush to get to all the appointments on their schedule that particular day. ...Friday afternoon. Upon inspection of the job, I found that my sink had been secured to the top of the vanity by approximately 1/2 - 3/4 inch of caulk along the front edge of the sink. There were probably 10 plastic shims used to try to get the sink to some point of stability along the sides and around the back of the sink. I was able to get a good look after snapping some pictures of the handy-work. ...I asked myself about how long I thought the installation may last. The very expensive sink. ..installed in this fashion. I was not happy. I informed the plumber that the installation would definitely not work for me and he then had another idea to stabilize the sink. One that seemed as bad as the first idea. However, he did admit that he hadn't seen a sink like this one before and wasn't sure about the installation. It seems. ...maybe that would have been something I would've been interested to know. ...before deciding to incur the bill of figuring it out on the job. Exhausted yet? Me too. My suggestion to cut a hole large enough to house the sink down into the vanity top an inch or two seemed to be a foreign concept. All I wanted was the sink to be stable. The tile man was called yet AGAIN and came out to cut the hole for the sink to sit in. When the plumber was able to make it back over, a small line of caulk was placed around the hole where the sink would sit in the larger hole and the sink was placed. ....crooked... but placed nonetheless. Is this the end you ask.??? Oh no, not yet. The waterfall faucet has now been situated too close to the sink. ...so, the stream of water from the faucet hits the pop-up drain stopper (which is shaped like the back side of a spoon). .....get the picture? Yes, water splashes everywhere!!! I give up at this point. I absolutely have lost faith in this company. And to make it worse, I haven't even received a bill for all the trips made back and forth by the plumber and the tile man. ...AND the work done on this seemingly simple task. I thought I could buy a nice sink and have it installed without any big problems. ....but. ...as you have read, things didn't exactly turn out that way. I can't even express how disappointed I am with the quality of work. If there were to be any doubt about the accuracy of my details given here. .... I possess multiple pictures of the work. ..and I'm sure I'll possess quite a large billing statement very soon as well. I must say, the Tile Man used by Russell and LeMay Plumbing and Heating was quite professional. He placed protective covers on the floor and cleaned up as he worked (and after). The plumbers did not. The tile man made sure I was happy with the job before leaving and seemed genuinely concerned that I was pleased with his work. FYI: If you're having electrical work done, you can also use Harvill-Byrd Electric Co. ..that apparently are subcontracted through Russell and LeMay Plumbing company. I just received a bill for $1,758.00 from Harvill-Byrd. I requested 2 electricians come out to speed the work along ....and yes, I realized their hourly fee would be over $100.00 per hour for the two men. 4 ceiling fans, 2 vanity light fixtures, and 2 bathroom exhaust fans were replaced. I had already purchased all of the items prior to the appointment. And yes, sounds like a lot of work, right? But should it take 2 men. ...2 hours to complete each task. That averages out to be $225.00 per task. The total bill is $300.00 more than I had calculated by the hours the electricians were working. I'll be calling the company on Monday. I suppose this was just not my month to have work done.

Description of Work
Remove a small vessel sink and install a larger vessel sink in the same location. Sound simple? Think again.

07/24/2013

At one point in the past, we had had a problem and they were very quick to come out and fix it. Also, they fixed it in such a way that they saved us some money in the process. The price was fair but I don't think it was a bargain either. They were good.

Description of Work
We first used Russell & LeMay Plumbing & Heating to install our heating and air system. We have a contract with them since, they come out in the beginning of summer to check the air conditioner and the beginning of fall for the heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Installation and repair including heating & cooling, plumbing fixtures, faucets, disposals, water heaters, remodeling, appliances, carpentry work & tank less.