Lewis & Company Construction

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2008

PO BOX 4904

Little Rock, AR 72214

Serving homeowners in the Central Arkansas area since 2001. We can handle all of your residential projects from design to completion. Whether it's a simple repair job or a room addition, our goal is to satisfy our customer and produce an end result that both will be proud of.

09/09/2020

Robyn G.

They didn't even show up for an estimate

Description of Work
fix shower

Category appliance repair

03/03/2019

rebecca C.

Great experience with Lewis & Company Construction! Such a relief to find a company that was fairly priced, timely, honest, and strong communication throughout the job completion. lWhen looking for a contractor you need someone who is going to spend the time to write up a detailed estimate and be knowledgeable about what will be involved in the remodel and/or repair. Go to Lewis & Company who will get the job done the right way, the first time, and in the time promised! To respect the time it takes to provide a proper estimate, Lewis & Company requires a small service charge for a formal estimate. To me, it was well-worth the charge as it showed me they were committed to providing me with an accurate estimate and it gave me an idea of how thorough James and his crew would be in completion of the job. James also did a detailed walk-through of the work I was interested in completing and gave me useful, honest, and practical advice regarding my budget constraints. James and Lewis completed about $15K of home repairs/upgrades in preparation for putting my parent's home on the market. All my interactions with both James and his employees were great and I felt comfortable with them in my home. There was always good communication with me regarding when they would be coming. There was about a 3 week wait for the initial meeting, 1 month for the detailed estimate, and about 2 months for the work to start- but this was told to me upfront (and I was willing to wait for this company) and I was always kept in the loop if there was going to be a delay. Once the job started, it was completed on fast and on schedule. I was super happy with the work they provided and so relieved to have found a company I could trust in home remodels or builds.

Description of Work
repair sill joist due to water damage, replace damaged dry wall, replace damaged panelling, drywall ceilings, repair laundry room floor from water damage, construct new basement door, repair and replace some gutters and gutter protectors

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, doors

12/03/2018

Robert F.

Excellent job. High professionalism. Excellent communication. Have already recommended to others.

Description of Work
Converted a screened-in porch to sunroom with HVAC.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters, doors

08/27/2018

Donald P.

They did an excellent job. Covered everything to minimize dust and over spray. Cleaned up afterward. Were done in 3 days. Will definitely hire them again for upstairs bedroom and bathroom.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to working with you again!

05/23/2018

Nich C.

This is the fourth time we've worked with James and Mike and as usual their work and professionalism was top notch. All jobs were done well and any issues that arose were caught and corrected ASAP. Communication was good despite them being exceptionally busy and as usual Mike followed-up at the end of the job and came by to inspect everything.

Description of Work
Deconstruction of an old sauna, deck repair, exterior light installation, installed some bathroom hardware

Category decks, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, house painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure to work for you again as always.

12/11/2017

Samuel S.

Great. James and crew were extremely professional. The painter Kenny is phenomenal. I would recommend them to anyone needing remodeling.

Description of Work
bathrooms and house upgrades and maintenance

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

05/24/2017

Claudia B.

Did a good job and is coming back to work on my deck in a couple weeks.

Description of Work
Repaired roof

04/12/2017

Melissa M.

The tile had irregular shaped edges and does not install the same as straight sided tile. However, through trial and error and perserverance, they figured it out and I have a beautiful floor.

Description of Work
Installed a ceramic tile floor.

04/03/2017

Nicholas C.

Great all work was performed to satisfactory

Description of Work
Masterbath Room remodel & various other support projects

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, glass repair, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

03/17/2017

Bernadette H.

Outstanding Service! Expeditious! Very Professional! Very happy I selected them for the job.

Description of Work
Demolition of home/land clearance

Category remodeling

Thank you for the excellent review if you or anyone in your network need us in the future please do not hesitate to give us a call.

01/18/2017

Glenn E.

EXACTLY AS PROMISED, ON TIME AND AT PRICE QUOTED IN WRITTEN ESTIMATE.

Description of Work
PAINTING AND CARPENTRY.

Category remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Please keep us in mind in the future for any of your remodeling or home building needs.

01/17/2017

Tiffani J.

punctual, honest, friendly and beautiful work

Description of Work
Lewis and Company does it right! We bought a major fixer upper a few months ago that needs lots of work. We hired Lewis and Company to dig and pour a new driveway for us. We were so impressed with their professionalism, that we have since hired them to lay wood floors, hang and finish drywall, install a fence and do some waterproofing. They do the work the right way and they always show up on schedule. By far the best contractor we have ever used.

Category concrete repair, drywall, flooring contractor, foundation repair

Thank you for the review! We look forward to serving you again and again.

10/29/2016

June B.

He never called back after the initial visit and we tried several times to contact him and he never responded. Any good businessman would respond and explain if he's overloaded or some feedback, but he never called us back--messing us up for several months. He may have valid reasons, but absolutely no callback--very exasperating and lack of responsibility on his part.

Description of Work
Some house repairs and insulation for sunroom

Category remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], My name is Mike Irmen from Lewis and Company Construction. I cannot remember looking at your job and I cannot find your information in our system. I would like to come look at the work if it is still available, however I think you might have us confused with a different company. Please call me on my cell phone anytime the number is 501-779-3538 Thanks Mike Irmen

10/25/2016

Jerry R.

At first everything went great. The estimate/sales guy was right on time and I liked everything that he had to say about the work they could do. He even offered some pretty good alternatives that I hadn't thought of for the floor plan. The estimator said that he was busy and that it would take him a little longer than usual; well, that was over a month ago. A few weeks ago I emailed the company to get some information on my estimate and have not heard anything. No one has contacted me since, so I can only assume that they do not want my business. I understand things happen and people get busy, but the lack of communication is very un-professional. Very disappointed considering all the great reviews they've received on this site. UPDATE* After I posted my initial review to Angies List, I was contacted by Mike a day later. He told me he hadn't forgotten about my estimate, but that he just needed some more time. I told him that would be fine and I look forward to hearing from him again. That was the last time I heard from Mike and we have decided to move on.

Description of Work
I called Lewis and Company to get an estimate for a home renovation project.

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, basement remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], This is Mike from Lewis and Company. I just saw this review and asked James about it and he said he just reached out to you the other day I hope that this issue can be resolved. I know that we have both had a very large work load as far as writing estimates so we are very sorry for the delay in response. Are you still interested in getting an estimate from us for this work? Or have you decided to go with another contractor? If we still have a chance maybe I can schedule another site visit so that we can work on your estimate together. Feel free to call me on my cell anytime at 501-779-3538 Thank you Mike Irmen

10/05/2016

Pamela H.

Original request was to fill holes in bottoms of cabinets and in sections of drywall. Contractor advised holes did not need to be filled. Work was done quickly and appears to be of good quality. Price for the work that was ultimately done was too high.

Description of Work
Installed toe kick (stained to match boards) at bottom of kitchen cabinets. Holes had been drilled to allow drying after icemaker line leak under slab.

Category cabinet refacing

02/27/2016

Linda E.

I've used them again for another job. They were here last summer either June or July. It was only about a hundred dollars maybe. They did a good job and got out here soon after I contacted them and the work was thorough. I have looked back under there and none of it has fallen down. He got right back with me when I contacted him. He got out within a day or two after I contacted him. James is very thorough and communicates well and tells you what he's going to do and stands behind his work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
They reattached some fiberglass insulation under the house that had fallen down.

Category insulation

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your repeat business, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Mike Irmen Co-Owner/Project Manager

04/22/2015

Amanda H.

I just really wanted to make sure I had gotten estimates for our kitchen remodel from the most reviewed and highly recommended contractors. If this is a sign of how working with them might have been I am happy they never responded.

Description of Work
I called Lewis & Company Construction multiple times (i.e. 4 or 5 separate occasions) based on the extremely positive Angie's List reviews and left several messages on the answering machine (the answering machine message is by a woman named Amber) but never received any response.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

04/02/2015

Cathy S.

James was a professional through and through. He finished when he said, all the subs were respectful and nice. The quality is terrific and we couldn't be happier with our results. I would pick them again and again.

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen and bathrooms

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. We appreciate your repeat business. Mike Irmen Co-Owner/Project Manager

04/01/2015

Nich C.

James Lewis is a high quality general contractor with an exceptional knowledge base and excellent capacity for problem solving. James did a large scale, 1200 sqft renovation of our downstairs area as well as replaced 5 exterior doors. We have a unique, custom house that can make projects more difficult. Overall, the project went smoothly and James was always professional and receptive to my concerns. I have been impressed with the overall quality of the work and the speed at which it was done, despite being delayed with snow storms. He was very helpful in designing some of the aspects of our job and all of his ideas have turned out to work very well. He provided a very detailed initial estimate and told us to expect up to 10% overages as the job was large and complicated. Subtracting a few expensive vanity choices we made the overages did amount to a little over 10%. I will definitely have James bid for jobs at our house again and look forward to working with him. I only have two concessions about Lewis and Co. First, he was significantly more expensive than all other bids we got and I honestly believe the job should have been $5000-8000 less. The quality of the experience was worth the extra expense as I do believe that had I hired someone cheaper they would not have produced as good a product with as little owner oversight. Next, we had all 1200 sqft tiled and the quality of the job is significantly less than all other aspects of the project (which are top notch). I?m ok with the finished result, however it was very expensive and for the cost should have been laid a bit better or had the floor leveled prior to laying to prevent unevenness. Despite the concessions, James Lewis is the best and most knowledgeable contractor I?ve ever worked with (and I have worked with a lot). I have no hesitation recommending him for any scale of residential construction.

Description of Work
Gut and renovation of 1200 sqft of interior living space including a laundry room and bathroom. Installed 5 exterior doors.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

08/17/2014

Bill S.

Lewis and Company put me in touch with a project manager who promptly met with me and help design my ideas. Throughout the project it was easy to stay in contact with the manager and talk to his work crew. James Lewis came to the site twice and ensured I was happy with the quality of work. The project came in on budget and completed in a timely manner. I won't hesitate to contact Lewis and Company Construction again.

Description of Work
Removed old privacy fence and erected new fence and gate with modifications. Enclosed an existing deck with screen, installed lighting and laid tile, painted the new structure and offered creative suggestions that has resulted in a very comfortable screened-in porch.

Category ceramic tile, decks, electrician, remodeling

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I know that I have not been responsive to one of your requests and I hope that this has not ruined our reputation in your eyes. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. We appreciate your repeat business. Mike Irmen Co-Owner/Project Manager

07/11/2014

Devon D.

Mike and his crew were excellent. They were able to start under short notice (called on Friday, started on Monday). And Mike even called a few times a day while I was at work to let me know how it was progressing and to discuss any issues. He and his crew delivered on every request I had and even anticipated a few others and handled them. After removal, it looks like the house was originally built this way. Great work! Fast and friendly too. I will be keeping Mike's number in my phone book for future projects and will highly recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Removed a load bearing wall and installed a recessed beam. Extended a closet and moved/rehung a door. Installed roof ridge vents and flashing to stop leaking. Installed a shower handle diverter.

Category remodeling, roofing

06/16/2014

Phyllis T.

Workers were punctual and stayed with the job until it was finished. They were there daily. James Lewis was courteous, knowledgable and professional.

Description of Work
Finished basement including kitchen and bathroom, lighting and dry wall.

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, home remodeling

06/11/2014

Patricia K.

Mr Lewis was professional and knowledgable. Unfortunately he was too busy to get the bid to me promptly. My thoughts were if he coultget the bid Back to me he was probably way too busy to complete my projectt in an acceptable time frame

Description of Work
Got a bid. Did not use

06/10/2014

Bangzheng C.

First the boss came to make the estimate and recorded almost every word I said. His team came to work exactly what he had said. The team finished every thing as I expected and cleaned the yards without leaving any trace of debris. I give a highest rating.

Description of Work
Cut 3 trees and trim another 2.

06/09/2014

VALERIE H.

Approximately 5 month extensive remodel of 1953 ranch style house. James Lewis and partner Mike did excellent job as contractor to coordinate the work with other service contractors, adjust job items as needed and oversee quality of work in general - very easy to work with and straighforward in business dealings. Mr Lewis provided a detailed estimate of all the job items requested. Changes made in costs due to change in materials or additional work needed were discussed as work progressed and provided at invoicing - the detail made the invoicing clear and easy to follow. Any changes required - we ran into further electric and plumbing repair needed - were discussed and approved beforehand. Of special note was their willingness and ability to meet a move-in deadline; I was leasing another residence during the repair. All the workers involved in the different stages of work were professional and great to work with - they were meticulous with their work and ensured it was top quality. You could tell they took pride in their work and worked well together! Partial list of work accomplished: Removed old exterior siding and replaced with Hardiboard siding; replaced all windows; attic and wall insulation Demo of bathroom; rebuilt bath with walk-in shower and tub; tile shower, tub surround and floor; walls wainscot "beadboard" Built new master closet, remodeled existing bedroom (2) closets "Bump-out" of old bedroom to square off house living space Contractor for electric and plumbing repair and replace Contractor for Hardwood floor refinishing Overall a very good experience and would recommend Lewis and Company without reservation.

Description of Work
Remodel of house including exterior siding, windows replacement, remodel bathroom, add & remodel existing closets, contractor for electric & plumbing work, floor refinish.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling

Frazier Construction

We have 45+ years of experience. Specializing in DECKS AND PORCHES, DOORS, AND WINDOWS! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Commercial Repair Services

Commercial repair services is a company that provides for residential and commercial remodels, repairs, and maintenance services. We also do handyman jobs as well as turnkey remodels or restorations. Decks are one of our specialties as well as Room Addition and Carport/Garage conversions. Get in touch with us today for a free estimate on your project!

2022 Super Service Award

Custom Decks and Fencing LLC

We are a full service deck and fence company. From design through installation we try to make the process easy on the customer. We build new ones and repair old ones.

2022 Super Service Award

CENTRAL ARKANSAS
    RESIDENTIAL CONTRACTORS BOARD
    10/31/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

WE PROVIDE CONSTRUCTION SERVICES INCLUDING; NEW CONSTRUCTION, ADDITIONS, REMODELING, FRAMING, STRUCTURAL BEAMS, WALL REMOVAL (INCLUDING LOAD BEARING WALLS) , STORM SHELTERS, TRIM CARPENTRY, CABINETS, PAINTING, DRYWALL & PLASTER, TILE, FLOORING, BUILT-INS, SHELVING, INSULATION, ROOFING, DECK BUILDING, DECK CLEANING & REPAIRS, WINDOW REPLACEMENT, DOORS & HARDWARE, RAILINGS, PORCHES & PORTICOS, SCREEN PORCH, SIDING, CONCRETE, MASONRY, HVAC, gutters, FLOOR LEVELING, ELECTRICAL, & PLUMBING.

WE DO NOT MOVE MOBILE HOMES.