J & Z Roofing Remodeling Construction

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2012

We are a licensed, bonded and insured Residential and Commercial Arkansas General Contractor that keeps our overhead low and our quality and service high! This means that we can generally do your roofing project for less money and with the same high quality that we provide on every project. If your roof is an insurance claim for storm damage, we will, almost always be able to do the job for what your insurance company will pay. We take the worry out of you hands and will conduct the business with your insurance company along with or for you. We will be at your site anytime that the insurance company shows up so we can make sure you are getting the full value from your policy. If your roof is old and needs to be replaced, we feel like we will be the very best price you will receive. We offer a five year warranty on our workmanship and will repair any damage that might occur due to our workmanship at no cost. We use Atlas, CertainTeed, Tamko and Owens Corning Premium Roofing Products. Regardless the reason, I know you will be very happy with the quality and speed with which we complete your roof. We do many other remodeling and repair work projects. When we come inspect your roof, will look at all of your soffit and fascia for repair needs and we also offer superior seamless guttering. We have MANY excellent references available upon request from our many satisfied customers! If your roof is in bad shape or you think you might have storm damage, you need to take action soon; otherwise you may end up with serious interior damage from leaks. This could cause you to have a very difficult and long remodeling project that will be a serious interruption in your daily life. Believe me; it is not worth all of that trouble! We generally can have your project completed in 1 to 3 days. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your time, consideration and the opportunity to serve you!...

Baptist Missions Association

+59 more images

roofing (43)gutter repair (4)fence company (4)decks & porches (4)house painting (3)home remodeling (2)roof cleaning (1)flooring (1)

09/08/2022

Libby S.

Salesman (Kevin) was very nice and knowledgeable. Had pictures of roofing options. Estimate was exactly the amount I paid even though they had to do some patch work (no extra charge). Completed in 2 days.

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 09/09/2022

08/05/2022

Rebecca A.

Excellent work. The new roof looks great. They also did a good job of cleaning up after they were finished. Everyone was polite and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced old roof

Work Completed On 08/04/2022

05/13/2022

Diane T.

Remove wall, add beam to make open concept kitchen/living room/den; refinish hardwoodfloors; install vinyl flooring and French patio doors, repair rotted wood and install bathtub and shell as well as vanity; reworked eletrical wiring and installed fixtures; reworked plumbing for installation of cabinets.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

10/11/2021

Kamiah T.

The entire crew was amazing!! My first project was a roof along with wood siding repair, house painting, and installing a railing the entire length of my front porch. The price was fair and the work was completed as the weather would allow. It did not take long at all. I was kept updated on all progress and of any issue that arose promptly. This project was done Oct 2020. My 2nd project was an interior remodel that included pretty much a full gut of the kitchen, installing wood beam to open up the area, complete interior house painting, and installation of new flooring. The project took about 2 months. The cabinetry is what took the longest to come in which caused a slight delay, but no complaints. I was kept updated every few days on progress and any issues that arose. The finished product is wonderful and I get so many compliments. I have a few more projects to complete and I do not trust my home to anyone else at this point. So, Jose and his team will be hearing from me again soon.

Description of Work
interior remodel and roofing

Category roofing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/16/2021

10/11/2021

Lisa R.

Excellent! They were quick, the work was quality and the cleaned up behind themselves before they left every day.

Description of Work
fence

Category fencing

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

07/07/2021

janice D.

Went great. Due to the fact it took about a month before we were able to settle with the insurance company, the area had become unsafe. Therefore the crew worked from sunrise till 9PM to get it done. Also they went above and beyond in helping me with my claim as the insurance company did not want to pay even close to the estimate. It was enlightening to see there r still caring and conscience company's out there. I will contact them first for any other projects I have plus highly recommend to my friends and family.

Description of Work
roofing and deck roofing repair

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 07/07/2021

04/09/2021

Kamiah T.

They were prompt and very professional. Pricing was reasonable as well. The entire staff is amazing. They are also about to start an interior renovation for me as well.

Description of Work
roof/ paint

Category gutter repair, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/09/2021

02/04/2021

Sarah M.

These guys were quick, professional, and knew what they were doing. I felt they were trust -worthy. They went above and beyond what they had to do and the deck turned out amazing!!!!! We will be rehiring them pronto to address some other projects that need doing.

Description of Work
deck and fence repair

Category decks, fencing

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

11/01/2020

Stacy M.

They were very professional and did an amazing job!!

Description of Work
fence

Category fencing

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

09/01/2020

PW W.

The company was informative, stayed on task and very professional. We absolutely love our new deck roof. If you’re in the need of an addition to your house, please contact them.

Description of Work
Roof for deck

Category decks, remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

Review for J & Z Roofing Remodeling Construction - 6827 Honeysuckle Ln, Little Rock, AR - 38953920

02/20/2020

Bob H.

Jose and his team repaired shingles damaged by animals resealed around the pipes, sky lights and redid the flashing on the chimney. The work was done quickly and at a reasonable cost. The men we met were very friendly and professional and went out of their way to insure our satisfaction! I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a new roof or roof repair.

Description of Work
Roof and chimney repair.

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

02/10/2020

Laura C.

Excellent, Mr. Rodriguez helped in every way. He is professional and attentive to our needs. His crew was fantastic...they knew what was expected and they delivered. Great team, very tidy! Thanks so much.

Description of Work
Replaced old roof

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

Review for J & Z Roofing Remodeling Construction - 6827 Honeysuckle Ln, Little Rock, AR - 38378818

01/30/2020

Wilshora S.

These guys did great work at a reasonable price. I'm looking forward to working with them on other projects.

Description of Work
siding, roofing, gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

01/30/2020

Trena A.

Excellent service. On time, great price and very professional. Finished in one day.

Description of Work
Re-roof

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

01/16/2020

Nancy D.

When the roof of my home showed signs of wind and hail damage, I asked a friend which company she had used to replace her roof a few years earlier. She said her insurance company had recommended JZ Roofing and that she was happy with the work they had done. I called JZ and spoke with the owner, Jose Rodriguez, and arranged for a free roof inspection. Jose found sufficient hail damage to warrant an insurance claim and walked me through the entire process. Even though the insurance adjuster made an appointment to check the roof on a Sunday, Jose made himself available to be here with the adjuster to go over his findings. I am the first to admit that I am a very indecisive person, so choosing a color for the shingles was pretty difficult for me. Jose went out of his way to help me make the right decision. First, he brought over samples for me to look at, then he gave me nearby addresses of houses he had done, using the colors I was considering, so I could see what they looked like on actual homes. When I finally made a choice and the shingles were delivered, Jose even came out to place a few shingles on my roof so I would feel sure of my decision. I couldn't believe how patient he was. The roof had 2 layers of shingles from previous jobs. Jose's team removed the old shingles and had the new roof in place in a day and a half. The best part was, JZ does more than just roofing jobs, so they were able to paint my porch railings and garage door as well as repair/replace my wooden fence without my having to find another contractor. JZ completed everything in a timely manner and I am very happy with the results. Jose was great to work with and made the whole process very easy for me. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
New roof, fence repair/replace, and exterior painting.

Category fencing, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 12/19/2019

01/10/2020

John M.

Good work, good price. Overall a nice and easy process.

Description of Work
roofing

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

01/05/2020

Donna F.

J&Z Roofing did an outstanding job with our new roof. They come highly recommended, and were very professional. The crew was very respectful of our yard, and all belongings. When they were done they cleaned up, and made sure everything was placed back where they orginally found it. Would most definitely recommend them to anyone looking for roof maintenance.

Description of Work
Replacement/ New roof

Work Completed On 01/04/2020

12/19/2019

Brad H.

These guys were awesome. Very informative and the work was done very quickly. Jose also took the time to explain the insurance claim process. What did it for me was the line of communication was always there.

Description of Work
Replace the roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 12/14/2019

03/25/2019

Neal F.

I will never use this company again nor recommend them to anyone. Their workers took an hour long nap in our backyard. They left trash everywhere. It was supposed to be a 1 day job that took 2 complete days. They had no respect for our property (sat in wife's flower bed and did not place the materials where asked). They did not let us know they were here and just let themselves into our backyard. There was very little communication from the crew.

Description of Work
Replace Roof

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

We depend on our reputation for providing excellent customer service and superior quality. Because this is our mission, we welcome feedback letting us know when we have exceeded expectations as well as comments that help us become better experts in our profession. This review is disappointing as it is misleading and unfair based on the facts of our interactions. The complaints regarding the construction crew were not brought to our attention until months later during a conversation regarding the non-payment of your balance. By this time, the job had been completed for 3 months and it was impossible to assess the allegations or take action to correct any of these issues. Because we remained committed to your satisfaction, we offered to replace all the flowers in your flower bed, whether damaged by the roof installation or not. Additionally, we made several other good-faith offers that were refused. You stated that the only acceptable recompense was a discount on your final invoice, or you would leave a negative review (which you did within minutes of receiving a FINAL request for payment). This is not a reasonable solution since we performed everything agreed upon in the contract. If there were issues during the installation of your new roof, we were not granted the courtesy to address and correct them at the appropriate time. Since our initial conversation with you, the construction manager met with you in-person and you admitted that you were satisfied with the quality of the installation. We sincerely regret that we were unable to come to an agreeable resolution. Our customers and future customers can be assured of our continued commitment to providing a first-rate experience.

05/04/2018

Colin L.

No repair done. Scott Wallace send a guy to look at it. The guy went up on the roof and said he knows what the problem is. I asked if he need to go in the attic. He said there is no need. The repair was scheduled for Monday. The Friday before the guy called and said he can do it late afternoon that day. I said I am at work and won't be home until around 5. That was the last I heard from the guy and Scott. Haven't received a bill. I assumed they didn't fix it. When I got home that day I didn't see any evidence of there being any workmen. I also wasn't expecting them to be gone before I get home. You would think that for a quote of $600 it would take a couple hours for the repair and there would be a bill.

Description of Work
Leak in roof

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

Mr. [Member Name Removed]: We appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback since we strive to maintain our reputation for providing excellent customer service. Upon further review of your account, it appears that any questions you have regarding your repair could have been addressed in a simple telephone conversation had we been given the opportunity. Our records show that your initial request for an estimate was received on February 24, 2018. The inspection was performed and an estimate was sent on February 26. 2018. After several brief conversations regarding the scope of the repair, the work was scheduled to be completed on March 12, 2018. When Jose had an opening in the schedule the previous Friday, he made the arrangement with you to complete the repair early. The repair was done on March 9th. Our accounting system shows confirmation that the invoice was sent to your email address you used for earlier correspondence on March 14th at 3:55 pm. This timeline shows that from initial contact through the completion and invoicing of your project was a total of 16 days. When we were made aware of your comments via Angie's List review on May 5th, 2018, Jose made contact with you by telephone and scheduled a visit at your home between noon and 1:00pm that day. Nobody was at your home when he arrived at the appointment. During your telephone conversation with Jose, you stated that you have not had any leaking since the repair was completed. Further, you stated that your concern was with the price of the approved estimate and you felt that the rate should be renegotiated and reduced, even though we completed the scope of the repairs as you approved. We estimate projects by material and labor. We may send one but normally send two of our employees when they are trying to complete several repairs in one day, in order to complete each project in a more timely manor. This is what was done and again, your repair was completed per the estimate you approved. I feel like we have done everything that we said we were going to do and that your leak issue was resolved. I am sorry you assumed that we did not do the work but it was, in fact, completed and I would hope that you would not see evidence of any workmen because they should have cleaned up and not left anything behind. I am sending Angie's List a photo of the completed work and a copy of our billing invoice with the time stamp on it to show we did the work and you were invoiced. With all of these facts, I do not understand the purpose for this negative review. We are anxious to resolve any further issues you have regarding this matter and welcome your return call. In the meantime, we will send a copy of the invoice dated March 14th to your email as well as via USPS mail. Please do not hesitate to contact our office should you have any questions or require additional assistance. Sincerely, Scott Wallace Vice President

01/11/2018

Kurt S.

Roof looks great, but crew left electrical loop unconnected. Manager is working with us and electrician to get it reconnected

Description of Work
Had complete roof installed.

Work Completed On 11/28/2017

07/14/2017

Benjamin Franklin D.

They were timely, cleaned up well and all the workers were polite and courteous. We are well pleased with the outcome of the service given by this company.

Description of Work
Remove complete roof, roof turbines, vents, tar paper etc. and replace.

Work Completed On 07/13/2017