ARKANSAS HOME SERVICE WEST

Little Rock, AR 72210

FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED Over 30 years experience

06/10/2016

Kent M.

I had James repair three different appliances. It was so nice to work with him and have all three..... two refrigerators and one dish washer repaired. One frig kept freezing everything... one frig door would not stop and slammed my kitchen counter every time you opened it. The dish washer leaked water out the front...... and the fell forward everytime I pulled open the door. All repairs good.... James called one day to stop by and take a look .... serial numbers and what needs fixed..... then came back one morning and knocked it all out. Great job, good guy, I'll definitely be using him again.

04/06/2016

Jack G.

Responded quickly to my call very politely. Scheduled an appointment for repair and came on time. Excellent repair by an outstanding person. Will definitely request help from these people for any laundry room or kitchen repair needs I have in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired my ice maker

12/16/2014

David M.

I took his suggestion and called central appliance and everything is good.

Description of Work
I have an LG refrigerator and I called to see if they could repair it and they couldn't, however they told me that up front instead of makino a service call and charging me just to tell me they couldn't do it like Best Home Solutions did. Best Home Solutions came out 3 times on my LG dishwasher and never fixed it, so I won't use them again. But I know I'll call Buddy again because they were very helpful and friendly. Thank You and Merry Christmas.

08/27/2014

Susan Y.

Mr. Stauber called to verify I was at home and that he was on his way in the time frame that was given to me. He arrived, went straight to work and identified the problem with in 10 minutes or so. Our oven is about 16 years old, a Kenmore and we've had it serviced many years ago for a similar issue. Buddy was able to determine that it was not the main control panel but the igniter, a much simpler less expensive part. I wish I had known about him when we needed work done in the past. I will definitely look to him for our future appliance repair needs.

Description of Work
Mr. Stauber replaced the igniter in our Kenmore oven.

06/25/2014

Wilma H.

Buddy is very professional and knowledgeable. He arrived as expected. He is personable and friendly. He knew the problem, as they inquired when I set the appointment. Therefore, he was equipped with the right part. While checking his completed work, he noticed a problem with the garbage disposal. He went to the store and bought a new part, installed it, and only charged an additional $20!! Buddy is a gem, and my husband and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Install new latch on dishwasher

05/14/2014

Vincent G.

He really did a good job. We've been using him for a couple years now and were very happy with him. It's a one man shop but he's superman. He is always here on time. He actually saved us some money on suggesting stuff like upgrading to a new appliance to make it more efficient or this and that. He is great. He did a wonderful job

Description of Work
I use the services of Arkansas Home Service West.

05/03/2014

Anita & Paul G.

He came on time, already had the parts he needed, and was finished in about 15 minutes. The work was done for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Repaired our washer. The agitator wasn't working properly.

04/27/2014

Stephen G.

I needed to be on a conference call at the same time he was due to arrive and we made arrangements when he called to verify the appt that the door would be open when he arrived. He could see me from a front window and I waved him in. The refrigerator issues were resolved by the time I got off the call. That's what I had initially contacted him about. Then I asked him to look at my stove and dryer. The work was done quickly and well. I felt every minute of the time spent here I was getting my money's worth.

Description of Work
corrected an issue that was preventing refrigerator door from closing properly. Also adjusted the door so that it was more level. Cleaned refrigerator coils. Adjusted stove eyes to be more level. Diagnosed an issue with my clothes dryer that a previous repairman had ignored or missed and recommended someone to clean the vent.

03/28/2014

Betty H.

Mr Stauber is a busy man so don't expect next day service but he comes (at the apponted time) prepared with the correct replacement parts, does quality work, and is very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced broken hinge on oven door and upper spray arm on dishwasher.

03/25/2014

John V.

I called on Monday and scheduled for Wednesday. Mr. Stauber called before coming on Wednesday and arrived as scheduled. Very professional, fixed my refrig problem quickly, and fee was very reasonable. It has been working better than new since. I would definitely recommend Arkansas Home Service West, and will surely give them a call in the future if I ever need service on any home appliance.

Description of Work
Replaced freezer fan motor on refrig.

01/28/2014

Kelly K.

To express my happiness that my service call would be completed 4 days earlier than expected left me elated. Two reason I chose this company was due to 33 happy customers and a wait time of almost 2 weeks (which came early as other pending customers did not want to wait). Less than 45 minutes later I had a new pump and my washer was good as new. Will call again for any appliance mishap in future!

Description of Work
Once Buddy arrived it took him about 10 minutes to confirm the pump on my front load washer was completely failed. I was able to watch and receive an education on washer pumps.

01/23/2014

Sammye H.

He diagnosed the problem, and recognized that it was not going to run anymore. He left and returned in less than 30 minutes with the correct board. He put it in in seconds and fixed the major problem. He then returned to fix several other minor problems that I requested he go ahead and fix. I will definitely call him again if any appliance problem comes up.

Description of Work
Fixed a refrigerator that had many problems.

01/21/2014

BETH L.

James and quot;Buddyand quot; Stauber came to our home after calling to say he was on his way. He was on time, neat, friendly, and got right to work. He explained everything he was doing as he worked and in a language I could understand. He showed me what the problem was and what to watch for and provided options for us to consider with his recommendations. I felt total confidence with this repair service and Buddy in particular, and with the final result. He was honest and obviously knew his craft. I would definitely recommend and use them again. This was our first time to use Angie's List and we are very pleased from today's results! The cost listed above includes parts, trip charge, labor and tax. Much less than a new refrigerator!

Description of Work
Buddy discovered the problem, accurately diagnosed why the ice maker in our kitchen refrigerator was not working, and fixed it.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your business.

01/19/2014

Janice P.

Replaced motor in my GE dish washer.

11/04/2013

Beverly C.

Buddy quickly and accurately diagnosed the problem which was a malfunction of the digital control center. He fixed the refrigerator so that it would run until a new panel could be ordered and installed. Before ordering, he checked with the manufacturer and found that they were considering recalling this particular part. They agreed to cover the part and the replacement which saved us hundreds of dollars. Within a few days he was out to complete the repair. He was the most congenial yet professional repair person we have ever had in our home. We will not hesitate to call him again.

Description of Work
Replaced the motherboard on our French door refrigerator

11/01/2013

Jim V.

Called because the gas dryer was not working. He found the problem quickly, checked out the internal wiring and elements. Very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Gas dryer not working

10/29/2013

Brent W.

He not only improved on the previous installation...he came back after I had discovered a leak and didn't charge for the service call. Buddy knows his stuff and is a real pro. You can't go wrong with this guy!

Description of Work
Replaced the circulation pump in my icemaker.

09/22/2013

Alan M.

I was very pleased with the work and the recommendations made regarding washer/dryer replacement. Buddy checked out the oven and cook top when I mentioned in passing that I had a problem with them. Although it was not on the original work order he volunteered to secure the needed parts and returned soon after completing another scheduled appointment! Arkansas Home Service West has my business from now on. I like the other reviewers is more than pleased to recommend this company.

Description of Work
Checked out dryer and advised that it wasn't worth repairing and that I should start looking for a replacement. Then repaired cook top receptacle and retrieved baking filament for oven and a burner for the cook top.

09/15/2013

carrie A.

AS STATED. IF YOU WANT APPLIANCE REPAIRED RIGHT, USE THIS SERVICE. THE BEST OF THE BEST.

Description of Work
WE HAVE USED BUDDY FOR MANY YEARS. PROMPT , PROFESSIONAL, AND KNOWLEDGABLE. NEVER HAVE TO WORRY SOMETHING WILL BE LEFT UNDONE OR BREAK DOWN AGAIN ONCE HE LEAVES. ALWAYS USE BUDDY FOR ANY APPLIANCE REPAIR. EXCELLENT !!

06/10/2013

SANDRA B.

An excellent experience with a knowledgeable and honest repairman. He could have told me that the dispenser motor needed replacing, but instead he removed the motor, thawed it in a plastic bag in hot water, and the old motor worked fine. He checked out my microwave (which had mysteriously healed itself the night before the service call ) and tightened the computer connections, His charges were more than reasonable. I highly recommend his services. He stays busy, and if you can wait for him to get to you, I suggest you do so. You will not be sorry. He's now my go-to guy for any kind of appliance repair.

Description of Work
Repaired ice dispenser in freezer door. Checked out touch pad microwave that sporadically stopped working.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

05/06/2013

Beverly C.

I live in a rural area and had to call several appliance repair shops to find someone who would come out to my house. Marty Stauber of Arkansas Home Service in Benton, AR, was not only willing but able to diagnose the needed repair via questions over the phone and he came to my house the next day with a new ice maker and replace the non working one. I will recommend him to any of my friends and neighbors who need appliance repairs.

Description of Work
Replaced ice maker in GE side by side refrigerator

03/27/2013

Bob G.

Excellent service, knowledgeable, friendly, and very competent. Also very reasonable in terms of pricing. Will continue to utilize this service and highly recommend it.

Description of Work
Diagnosed issues quite rapidly and accurately; replaced several parts; adjusted the appliance; corrected an electrical issue.

Category appliance repair

Thank you [member name removed] for your business. Removed member name from response.

03/10/2013

DOUG K.

Buddy did good work. He has a lot of technical knowledge and experience that allowed him to diagnose and complete the repairs quickly the first time.

Description of Work
Repair dishwasher and cookstove.

02/23/2013

Dale Z.

This was my first recommendation I followed from Angie's List and it went very well. Very professional, knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Fixed my Kenmore dryer --replaced tensioner; it was squeaking like crazy when used. Also took a courtesy look at an intermittent problem with my washer and gave me ideas as to diagnose it better. Definitely will do business again with this company.

02/11/2013

k G.

He did an excellent job. He came over realized the compressor was not kicking on and I feared I would have to wait for the part and have it fixed later. He had one on his truck and replaced it. The ice maker is working perfect now. Buddy did not charge for another service charge since he had been over the day before. He just charged for the parts and labor that day. So the first service was around 100 and the part and installment on the second day was around 300. I will definitely call him in the future for any other service needs.

Description of Work
Kitchenaid Ice maker was not working. Would make some ice then stop and drain out. Buddy looked at the coils and determined they needed to be cleaned since the ice maker seemed hot on the floor. He also looked at how it was making ice and determined that it was making it fine, but had mineral deposits that need to be cleaned. He put cleaner in the ice maker and said that we will see if that fixes the problem. If not, he would return to try the other possibilities. He called the first thing the next morning and asked how the ice maker was working. I told him it was working about the same not any better. He said he would try to make it by that day to look at it.