James Bolin Roofing

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2006

PO Box 8122

Jacksonville, AR 72078

Owner operated. Additional contact names - Peggy Bolin, Ryan Bolin. Additional DBA - Bolin Roofing.

11/16/2018

Suzanne M.

These guys went above and beyond. They were very punctual and started working right away. They found the leaks and fixed them and even added extra flashing where someone else didn't add it. They told me to to keep an eye on those spots and if they leak again, they could come out there and fix it up free of charge. They gave me advice on adding a small gutter above my daughter's window. I feel confident they have fixed the problems. Will definitely call these guys again. I have had a lot of bad workers in the past, so I am saving this company's number to call in the future!

Description of Work
I had two leaks in my roof that needed repairing

08/10/2017

Patty W.

In my opinion, this company is the "best of the best" in roofing companies in the central Arkansas area. In the process of selecting Bolin Roofing, I had multiple other reputable roofing companies in the area offer bids to reroof my house, and James Bolin (Owner) of Bolin Roofing clearly stood out from the rest in terms of his honesty, customer service attitude and willingness to work with me on all the details that were important to me, and he was also very price competitive. When I actually used Bolin Roofing this week to have my roof redone, I was SO pleased. James Bolin is such a great man to deal with, his crew were very experienced (and courteous) and did an excellent job on my roof and cleaned up at the job site amazingly well. I will definitely use Bolin Roofing again if the need arises and will be recommending him to all my family and friends.

Description of Work
Needed complete roof replacement after hail damage.

11/04/2016

Rita S.

These people showed up on time and took care of my problem immediately. They also pointed out some loose shingles and nails that were loose and took care of that at the same time.

Description of Work
Replace seals around vents on roof to stop and prevent leaking

10/25/2016

Tammy K.

Mr. Bolin is in very high demand and after you see his craftsmanship you will understand why. His crew did an excellent job and I would recommend his services to all my friends and family.

Description of Work
Repair and re-roof house, install extra roof ventilation.

Category decks

09/08/2014

Rhonda A.

Everything went beautifully. Mr. Bolin was prompt, pleasant, and professional. They arrived when they said they would, worked quickly, and put on a beautiful roof. Mr. Bolin told me to call him if there were any questions or problems and he would respond immediately. He said, and quot;I am not a procrastinator.and quot; And I believe him!

Description of Work
Replaced the entire roof on my 100-year-old Craftsman cottage. The roof had been leaking badly for a while, and there were a lot of rotted boards and eaves, all of which they replaced or repaired.

09/06/2014

CARL T.

James Bolin Roofing was recommended to us by a neighbor who knew him and had recently used them on their house. I can't say enough kudus about James Bolin Roofing. Sent him an email asking about getting a quote on new roof. A few days later he called and said he'd been out, walked my roof and felt I could get another year or two out of it. I called him a day or so later and explained I was planning on replacing gutters and having siding and window installed, so wanted to go ahead and replace the roof now too. He come back out and measured and left us a quote for both 3 tab and architectural shingles plus samples and information on both. After comparing with 5 other quotes and finding James Bolin's to be better than all but one and almost the same as that one we decided to go with him. We asked him about colors and he offered to drop off some shingles of different colors we thought we'd like and also made a suggestion of a color that would go with our house which we ended up choosing. He said he could do the job one day the next week, but called back mid week asking if it would be alright to postpone our roof till Monday as he had another one on our street set up for Tuesday. He said if not he'd be happy to go ahead as planned but would help his crews. I said and quot;no problemand quot;. Tuesday morning James himself was there on time to make sure the work got started properly. By the afternoon when I got home the new roof was on and workers were gone. Clean-up seemed to be good. Did find a few nails but nothing to worry about. I called and left a message the next day that I'd be home early and if he was in the area I could pay him for the roof. He called right back and said he'd be over in an hour. When he arrived, he told me that he'd noticed a slight slope on my roof which he said wasn't a big concern but would like to improve by coming back and adding some bracing in the attic at no extra charge.He said it wasn't a structural problem but could make the roof look better from the road. I agreed and his crew (Including his son) came by the next week and added the bracing. They too did a professional job and explained everything they were doing. James Bolin shows great concern for the customer and doing a great job at a fair price. He went above and beyond for us and assured us if we need anything else done he intends to be available to help us out. Would certainly use them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Remove roof (Aprox 1500 Sq Ft home) and replaced with atlas pristine architectural shingles, plus add ridge vent.

07/13/2014

Larry R.

After getting the quote to complete the work, I was a little dismayed that the estimator never got on the roof. That aside, we had to delay getting back to the contractor until a time where we had the resources to accomplish the work. A few months later I contacted the contractor and said we were ready for him to proceed with the work. He said that he would get us scheduled. I must say, in his defense that there had been a severe tornado with extensive damage locally, so he may just have been overloaded. I contacted him a couple more times and recieved a reponse that we were in the queue and that it was a week or two before they could get to us. I have not heard back from the contractor and it has been several weeks. We have moved on and believe we can get the work done through someone else. I believe, from word-of-mouth, that this is a capable company that does good work, but in our case we were not treated very professionally.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate to replace the roof on a hip portion of roof where a skylight was going to be removed, replace approximately 7-10 shingles that had become dislodged, and replace all roof jacks (8).

Category roofing, skylights

06/13/2014

christine S.

Mr. Bolin was wonderful! He cam out in the pouring rain on Monday to a**** and see what needed to be done. As soon as the rain stopped and dried up things one of his crews came out and fix the leaky exhaust and also repaired two others. They worked fast and I am very thankful for the wonderful job and no leaks. Thank you mr. Bolin and company!

Description of Work
I had a leak in my roof through a plumbing exhaust pipe on the roof. Leaked through the ceiling with all the rain we had

11/10/2013

James B.

Removed old roof and installed a new one.All I can say is WOW! Mr.Bolin did everything he said he would do and a lot more, both he and his crew are very professional they started and finished the job on time and the price we agreed on.I certainly will hire Mr.Bolin again if need be.

09/08/2013

Johnelle W.

Mr. Bolin and crew exceeded my expectations. Old roof was removed and replaced in the same day along with installing new pipes, new turbines, flashing/metal at chimney, etc. Clean up was excellent. Could not find a single piece of debris or nails in yard or driveway. Outstanding quality and service. Very professional. Would definitely use contractor again.

Description of Work
Remove old roof; replaced with new roof; repair chimney stack, etc.

06/10/2013

Robert J.

Very pleased with responsiveness and quality of work. Yet it was done very quickly and minimum fuss. Yard, etc cleaned of all trash etc

Description of Work
Replaced original 20 y old roof

05/10/2013

jeanne S.

James Bolin Roofing really did a good job. They did it in one day. He was professional and on time to show up. They did the roof when they said they would.

Description of Work
I used James Bolin Roofing for replacing our damaged roof last February.

11/18/2012

Denise P.

His crew was on time and cleaned up the area when they were finished. we had a small leak from the new skylight during a heavy rainstorm and they repaired the problem in a couple of days. VERY satisfied with the work and professionalism. highly recommend

Description of Work
we needed repair to our roof from tree/storm damage. We also wanted to replace our old leaking skylight at the same time. estimate was very fair and work done was excellent. he recommended a new skylight that needed to be ordered since our old skylight was out of stock. prompt ordering and very good pricing for a very superior replacement.

Category roofing, skylights

10/03/2012

Marion W.

Bolen Roofing called in advance and postponed their show up date by one day. This was ok with me. The crew showed up on Tuesday. The roofers began tearing off the old roof. We walked the roof and identified the areas of plywood decking that would need to be replaced. Another laborer began tearing down the old chimney. One of the guys began removing and replacing the plywood. As an area became available, new felt was being installed and new shingle installation began. The chimney demo was a bigger task than they anticipated. I used my backhoe bucket held up the the roof eve elevation to toss the chimney debris into, then dumped the debris in another location to continue demo. This took all day. The area was then decked over for new roofing. At the end of the day, the whole house was covered with felt, dried in. Day two, the roofers continued installing new shingles. They were installed straight and properly nailed. one of the guys cut in the new ridge vents during this time. The two laborers who were removing the chimney on day one began removing and replacing the owner furnished 1x6 facia. I will say that one should not have carpenter work being performed when James is not on site. Once he returned, corrective measures were made and the facia was properly reworked. Overall I was satisfied with the work performed, especially the roofing crew. Cleanup was very good with a wide magnet used to pick up old roofing nails.

Description of Work
Remove existing chimney and deck over opening Remove and replace 2 layers of existing shingles Install ridge vent Install new vent flashings Remove and replace approximately 50' of owner furnished 1X6 facia Remove and replace any existing damaged plywood decking

Category decks, masonry, remodeling, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

08/23/2012

William C. W.

The crew arrived early August 1st and worked until approximately 6:00 pm. Due the size of the roof and weather forcast, they removed a section at a time. Tuesday, they worked until approximately 3:00 pm. Wednesday the crew arrived, but due to the forecast of rain they left at apoproximately 10:00 am. Thursday they didn't work because of weather. Friday morning they all showed up, and to y surprise they completed installing the roof. It rained over the weekend and it appeared that there was a leak in the flat roof area. Monday morning Mr. Bolin sent a crew over. They got up on the roof with a water hose and sprayed the entire area. No leak was found. It rained again and I had a leak. The crew came back and sprayed the area again. This time they sprayed the area around the door and windows that opened onto the flat roof. They found that the leak was around the door facing, and had nothing to do with the roof. They sealed around the door facing and left to let it dry. The next day they came back and sprayed the entire area gain. No leak was found, and I haven't had any leak since. I am sure that the leak had nothing to do with the roof installation, but, was around the door facing.

Description of Work
James Bolin's crew removed two layers of roofing. Replaced some bad wood. Then replaced the felt and approximately 38 squares of TAMKO White elite, 25 year roofing. They also installed approximately 11 squares of Certain Teed Flintlastic roof system over the flat area.

08/09/2012

Darlene W.

They came to my house and checked the roof for any problems that were there and gave me an estimate. After I accepted the estimate, they returned the next day and replaced the leaking gasket around the vent pipe to my bathroom. They also replaced some of the sheeting under the roofing as it had become warped and was causing a dip in my roof. All of this was completed quickly and efficiently. They were very professional and upfront with everything they did the entire time. The price for the services was very reasonable. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone that needs a full roofing job or just minor repairs as I did.

Description of Work
Roof was leaking around vent pipe and needed to have a new gasket put around it. I also had a spot that the roof had a dip in it as the sheeting underneath was warped.

05/23/2012

C. Rosemary H.

They man is phenomenal. My experience could not have been better. He really went above and beyond. I could not think of enough good things to say. They are excellent.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof for me.

05/19/2012

Stacy G.

It was a great experience from start to finish! Will definately use again if we need to.

Description of Work
Mr. Bolin came out and gave us an estimate of the cost which as less than any other estimate we recieved. His crew arrived on time, was polite and professional. We would definately use them again.

04/25/2012

Sandra A.

It went excellent. They did great and prompt work and they were cheaper than the other companies I talked with.

Description of Work
He replaced my roof and put up a ceiling in my garage.

03/01/2012

Thomas N.

I interviewed several contractors that I read about on Angie's List before hiring James Bolin Roofing. Mr. Bolin was the ONLY one who conducted his business affairs in a truly ethical manner. For example, he went out of his way to use materials that I wanted and didn't try to sell me something I didn't want. He was one of few contractors that did not mark up the cost of the materials they used. His crew are employees, NOT independent contractors! This is huge because it means Mr. Bolin cares more about his people than profit. Ask this question to potential contractors! This last point really speaks to the character of the mand, he would not take any money for the job until it was completed to MY satisfaction!!! No partial draws, no "I need some money to pay my workers", etc. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND JAMES BOLIN ROOFING!!!

Description of Work
Approximately 112 squares of roofing were removed and replaced with CertainTeed shingles. He used Ice and Water underlayment on the valleys and all roof penetrations. He installed a ridge vent. He even installed a radiant barrier on our roof that greatly reduces heat transfer into the house. Awesome job!

02/13/2012

Larry L.

They were on-time, prompt and cleaned up after themselves. I could not have asked for anything better. My overall experience was excellent and they exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
We hired him to put a brand-new roof on our house.

12/16/2011

Jacob M.

Everything went just fine. We just decided to go with another contractor that met more of our expectations.

Description of Work
They provided a written estimate for 37 sqs. for $ 5470.00 or $ 7595.00 to include replacing 5 sky-lights. they were cordial and business-like and would probably do a good job. I was not quite convinced that they were comfortable with re-installing sky-lights.

09/22/2011

Brandon H.

It was excellent. They did a really good job for about half the price that I had got a quote on. They would solve any issues that I had. They did the work well and I didn't have any problems or issues with them at all.

Description of Work
I used Bolin Roofing for knocking off the top of the chimney on my roof and doing roofing over that section of the roof.

Category masonry, remodeling, roofing, chimney repair

07/20/2011

April R.

Excellent service and competitive price. Mr. Bolin was extremely nice and helpful. Roof was replaced within 8 hours. They cleaned up so well you would have never known anyone replaced a roof. Would do business with them again.

Description of Work
Roof replaced.

08/04/2010

Julia T.

They showed up when they were supposed to, finished the roof in one day and cleaned up after themselves. We were pleased with the work and with the price.

Description of Work
Took off old shingles and put new ones on, replaced vents and put new ones in.