Shepard's Construction

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2008

211 Woodmere St

Hot Springs, AR 71901

Owner operated. Occasionally uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Service charges may apply. Extra charge for after hours service may apply. May contact through email.

01/28/2015

Jim W.

Everything went great and Robert was very knowledgeable on all construction projects

Description of Work
Remodeled cabinet for over the range micro wave Installed electric range Removed counter tops for new granite tops All electrical work Installed new sink with plumbing in granite

Category countertops, remodeling, replacement windows

11/04/2014

Bobby T.

Robert did a great job. He was able to do all the work in a fast and efficient manner. He gave it his all and did lots of extra things for us that were not on his list. He even worked through the week-end. He takes a lot of pride in his work and wants the customer to be satisfied.

Description of Work
New countertops with matching backsplash. Put a ceiling up in the living room. Repaired outside decks. Tiled kitchen and hallway. Painted. He added a bar on to the kitchen counter to increase our space. He moved furniture around. Carpet repair etc...

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, decks, remodeling, deck cleaning, garage builders, home remodeling, interior painters

05/27/2014

Sid S.

They were fine. They did a good job. They came within 24 hours of my call. They did everything I asked.

Description of Work
I used Shepard's Construction to replace both springs.

Category garage doors

05/15/2014

nancy M.

JOB: Frozen pipe ceiling damage repair. The owner is very nice, polite, prompt and it was nice working with him but the sheet repair was wavey and was obvious to the eye that it had been repaired. The sheet rock seams showed and the texture was too big...just did not match the rest of the ceiling. I was not satisfied and ask him and ask him and ask him to please come over and make it match the rest of the ceiling. He always had an excuse and after 3 months I hired another sheet rock crew to redo Shepard's work.

Description of Work
sheet rock repair, texture ceiling, painting,

Category replacement windows

01/19/2014

Jeff L.

Felt the money we spent was very well spent and worth every dime.

Description of Work
They turned our garage into a bedroom for our twin boys. Always returned my calls in a timely manner and always showed up when he said he would. Did woodwork that was great!!! Achieved everything we wanted and way more than what we expected!!

Category remodeling, garage builders, woodworking

12/12/2013

Kelly G.

The building went up very quickly, and the finish work was great. The building is now full of things that needed to be out of the weather.

Description of Work
Building a 10'x20' outbuilding.

Category garage builders

05/10/2013

Emerald F.

They gave us the bid. They weren't the cheaper, but they weren't the most expensive ones. They explained the job very well. I will use them again.

Description of Work
We used Shepard Construction for concrete repair.

Category concrete repair

02/05/2013

Palmer C.

A couple of times he asked for advances before the job was completely done.

Description of Work
They did the job compently.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

10/30/2012

Elaine S.

I called Robert Shepard to inquire if he could repair my hardwood floor that had buckled when a water line to the refrigerator leaked through the wall into the dining room. I have Bruce Brazilian Cherry flooring and that product is no longer manufactured by the company; however, I have some leftover flooring to work with to make repairs. There was another spot in the flooring that had come unglued so I also wanted him to repair that. He was working downtown to repair storm damage to some businesses but when he finished he would come by to repair my floors. After about 1 week he came by to assess the situation. He took some of the scrap flooring with him to do a mock-up before he actually started on my floor. He was able to devise a way to remove the buckle from the floor without damaging the rest of the flooring. In about another week, he returned to repair my floors. During this time he called me to keep me informed of his progress and when I could expect him to be here to make the repairs. While he was here, he also replaced an outdoor light fixture that I was having difficulty replacing myself. Another followup item is to return to reposition soffit that had been displaced by the cable tv technician. The last follow up item was a seal around the garage door that another company was suppose to install for me. That company failed to return to finish that job. At this time, he is still trying to get that other company to finish the job on the garage door that they installed last year.

Description of Work
My hardwood floors sustained water damage in a isolated spot. The rest of the flooring was undamaged. I asked Shepard Construction to try to repair the problem areas without my having to replace the whole floor. He took the time to experiment on scrap flooring to work out a solution of repairing the buckled flooring without having to tear out undamaged flooring; saving me thousands of dollars that it would have cost to replace the whole floor. While he was here he also replaced a motion detector light over my garage door.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows

04/04/2012

Elaine S.

Robert gave me an estimate. He started tearing off the old siding that happened to be a double layer of boards. He then clad the house in particle board and started putting up the Hardie Board. He installed the siding according to the manufacturer instructions. When the windows arrived, he installed them. He removed the old garage door and had a new one installed. It was my request that our old gutters be reused once the siding was replaced. He took great care to ensure that they were not damaged. He painted the siding according to my instructions and avoided damaging the foundation plantings.

Description of Work
Replaced cedar siding with Hardie board stucco siding. Replaced windows and garage door. Made custom porch posts to match siding.Workmanship was excellent. Robert stayed on the job until it was finished, kept in contact with me and incorporated my suggestions into the project. He also insulated the attic.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, insulation, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, stucco, doors

09/01/2008

Randy H.

The work was done very professionally, the entire work crew was very pleasant and the overall price was very reasonable. I would recommend them for any job, large or small.

Description of Work
A complete kitchen remodeling job was done including window replacement (also enlarged a single window to a double), wall removal, installation of new drywall with knockdown texturing, ceramic tile flooring, crown modeling and pocket doors, and added a new exterior entry door, roof vent for range hood and pantry.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors