Bowen Plumbing, Inc.

Founded 1985 • With Angi since March 2012

400 7th Street

Hot Springs, AR 71913

For more than thirty years, we have fulfilled our mission of providing outstanding service, in a timely manner. We specialize in all your plumbing needs. We have the latest technology and trained professionals to do the job right the first time. As a family owned and operated business we appreciate

11/16/2022

Patricia W.

The original call to make the appointment left a very sour taste in my mouth. The secretary was quite rude & talked to me like I was someone who had no clue about plumbing at all. Which is rather humorous, because I actually know most likely more than her! I have done 2 decades of electrical & plumbing work for a local gas company & am pretty sure that the very impersonable gal has never gotten her nails dirty. So, I called to cancel the appt. soon after, when I realized that I could probably just deal with the old body aches over paying a company that employed her, & had to leave a message, which was even more impersonable! Glad I saved myself about $200, at the least, & won't ever have to talk with her again! Can't imagine how friendly the service techs are!

Description of Work
Fixing a leaking kitchen faucet. Also, requested for a snake to used on some drains that kept backing up.

08/15/2019

David L.

Excellent. Dug down found leak and capped it.

Description of Work
Outside facet leaking

07/27/2017

Dale T.

I dug out the small area by the house he requested and removed several plants. I even called his office to tell him the work had been done. My wife was at home when he arrived. I planned to be there about 30-minutes later. David immediately showed her attitude because we had not trenched out four sections along the driveway where new lines were to be run. Confused and frankly not wanting to take David's guff, my wife got me on the phone to talk with David. H didn't say hello he just launched into a very belligerent and loud dialogue that we hadn't dug out the other trenches. I explained to him my understanding, which he refuted, and he told me--for the third time--that "it is just me, myself and I" that does the work because he does not have any help. My response was that I was sorry for the misunderstanding but I had never heard of a plumber who said they worked on sprinkler systems that was not prepared prepare shallow narrow trenches. From my experience in Texas, the trenches were never hand dug, but a small trenching machine was always used. Plus, I told him, "how was I to know exactly where the new sprinkler heads would need to be placed since I had no expertise designing sprinkler systems." He then got so irate that he hung up on me. There was no apology for the misunderstanding and no offer to try to make things right. Bowen left me hanging with a total mess on my hands as you can see below. Maybe Bowen Plumbing can fix a leaky toilet, but after my experience I can't even vouch for that.

Description of Work
WHOVER HEARD OF A PLUMBER WHO REPAIRS AND INSTALLS SPRINKLER SYSTEMS THAT EXPECT THE CLIENT TO DIG THE TRENCHES FOR HIM: I contacted Bowen Plumbing because of the rating on Angie's list. A time was scheduled and David arrived on time as promised. He was courteous if a bit reserved. After talking with him, he asked me to dig out a sensitive area around the front window where there were plants and where leaks were occurring. I agreed. He also said he needed to move sprinkler lines along the driveway to get the coverage we needed with half-circle broadcast nozzles. We agreed on the work to be done and scheduled a time the following Thursday. He gave an estimate which I approved.

Category irrigation systems, plumbing

In response to your complaint, first and foremost we apologize for the misunderstanding on your sprinkler system. Mr. Bowen tried to let you know he was not interested in the job when he came to bid it, as he saw the complexity of the work and he was very busy with other jobs. And that's probably the same reason the other plumber and sprinkler person didn't want to take the job. Unfortunately, he does not have enough help right now, but you told him that you would have the trenches dug out when he came back to repair leak and extend sprinkler heads to driveway. A trench cannot be dug with a trenching machine when there are underground utilities all over. It had to be hand dug, (which would have made it a lot more expensive). There were six other trenches that needed to be hand dug besides the one at the window, and they were not dug. Mr. Bowen should have marked with flags the places that sprinkler heads were supposed to go, since it probably would have been a little more clarified, but you indeed said you would have them dug and you didn't. He then talked to you on the phone and told you it would be best if you found someone else to do the job since the trenches were not dug. We, at Bowen Plumbing, Inc. are so sorry that we wasted your time and ours, but not a penny changed hands, nor are these pictures a reflection of any work that was done by Mr. Bowen. The only thing changed was the trench dug by the window, and you had that done, In retrospect, Mr. Bowen should have declined the job, even though you insisted on digging the trenches yourself. Again we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

05/25/2017

Rudy W T.

Very quickly, professionally and no mess

Description of Work
Replaced toilet, repaired shower faucett

04/14/2017

William W.

Hot Arkansas summer day. - Mr. Bowen, plumber was able to arrive early. Diagnosed the problem and handled it efficiently.

Description of Work
Leak in PVC elbow under house (crawl space). Replaced elbow. Also dripping outside spiget. Replaced part.

12/30/2016

james S.

Mr. Bowen was on time, very efficient, neat and personable. Never had a problem with any of his work. Third time I've used him.

Description of Work
Mr. Bowen installed and connected new vessel sink and faucet.

11/16/2016

Elizabeth L.

Was gentlemanly & answered our vast array of questions politely. Did the work quickly & efficiently from what ! could tell. Was very pleasant price was a bit steep but quality top notch.

Description of Work
Toilet was wobbly so he fixed the bolts, re stabilized it, found a way to work around the raised floor, mounted the toilet correctly, fixed the leak & left almost no mess.

10/31/2016

Thomas S.

He was on time, covered his shoes, and cleaned up and mess very personable.

Description of Work
Unclogged kitchen sink.

10/24/2016

M. Alice S.

All went well. David Bowen responded sooner than scheduled, which was great.

Description of Work
House water pressure registered 150 LBS pressure-twice what it should be replaced regulator.

09/12/2016

donnie F.

On time. Performed work professionally.

Description of Work
Replaced old shut off valves for hot / cold water to washer.

07/27/2016

Starla H.

The service was on time, fixed within a hour, had hot water within and hour, great job, would call again for plumbing problems.

Description of Work
Bowen Plumbing, INC. Called and asked me if noon would work for me and I answered yes! Asked me about the problem which was the water heater, I explained and Bowen plumbing showed up on time, looked over the water heater, told me the problem gave me a price to fix, and fixed the problem, paid for service and had hot water within a hour.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

07/27/2016

Mr. Bowen responded promptly to: request for assistance – even arriving 2 hrs. earlier (after call to accept early time frame) than previously arranged. Work located, identified, repair made in less than ½ hour. Careful of tracking into our home after excursion in crawlspace. Very courteous, quick and helpful.

Description of Work
Reconnect shower to drain in master bath.

05/09/2016

James W.

The owner did the job – was on time but short – handed.

Description of Work
Replaced washers in sink and shower. Charged 160. 00 for each. That’s 360. 00 for 4 washers. Too much!

05/03/2016

Dennis W.

Mr. Bowen was on time and very nice, he was suggested by our normal plumber because of the backflow value and his (Bowen) pricing. We'll use Mr. Bowen for our value and sprinkler system now.

Description of Work
Reinstalled our backflow value & tested it and sent the paper work to the local water company. Tested & repaired / Replaced (parts) of our sprinkler system. Also installed 3 new sprinkler heads and 1 bubbler.

04/20/2016

Ken B.

The plumber was on time and appeared competent and honest.

Description of Work
Plumbing inspection replaced 2 lavatory shut-off valves.

03/31/2016

Belinda S.

On time-got job done-good work-will use again.

Description of Work
Gas pipe/line run from hot water tank to kitchen (under house) to install a gas stove top.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, gas logs

02/13/2016

Wayne W L.

I had to postpone the appointment initially, but two plumbers got the new parts needed. Had the toilet & sink drains fixed within 3 hours.

Description of Work
Minor toilet rebuild - new parts $187. Replaced two pop-up sink drain assemblies - $177. After job was done, signed 1 year service agreement - $139.95!

02/05/2016

Guy M.

Called and received appointment. Owner and employee came on time and quickly installed the heater and explained its operation. Very friendly.

Description of Work
Installed a propane heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

01/28/2016

William B.

David arrived quickly went to work after seeing the problems and had completed task in a very timely manner. I completely trust Bowen and believe prices are reasonable. I would pay them more as I know they are fast and honest.

Description of Work
Installed new disposal (bigger motor & stainless steel) rebuild bathroom faucet and adjust toilet.

01/26/2016

debra B.

On time , very nice, neat and tidy, got done quickly.

Description of Work
Installed kitchen faucet.

12/04/2015

Jacquelyn S.

I have used Bowen Plumbing for over 20 years, and have never had a problem. Mr Bowen is prompt, efficient and so conscientious.

Description of Work
Replaced water shut off on refrigerator.

Category appliance repair

11/11/2015

William B.

Very professional. Came in, went right to work and quickly installed new logs.

Description of Work
Removed old gas fireplace logs and installed a new set of gas logs.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

11/06/2015

Cheryl C.

Mr. Bowen is very professional he listens to your concerns and always gives you a great price and exceptional service.

Description of Work
New toilet. Faucet in kitchen.

10/04/2015

Ken B.

Services were very good. Bowen arrived on time, listened to me report my problems, and quickly made the required repairs.

Description of Work
Two leaks were repaired in August 2015. One outside leak on the irrigation system required a new shut-off valve.The second leak was at a crawl space hot water line.

09/21/2015

Larry J S.

He was on time. It received a "snake" to locate the obstruction and then some digging to clear it out & replace the damaged section of about 3 ft. He then filled the hole back in & it looked just like it did before it started.

Description of Work
Located a restriction in French drain loop & repaired the pipe.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain cleaning

LUKAS EXCAVATION AND DEMOLISHING, LLC

State Licensed and Professionally insured. Contact us for a friendly quote on any job you need whether small or big. We provide many serivices: * Drainage and Culverts * Building Demolition * Exterior Junk Removal * Land Clearing * House Foundation and Pad Excavation * Driveways Repaired and Graded * Landscaping and Sprinklers * Stump Removal * Driveway Installation * Plumbing and Electrical Excavation * Septic Systems Dug

C&D Drain Cleaning & Sewer Repairs

With years of experience in the plumbing industry, we are the experts you need to take care of your home or business. We handle all of your drain cleaning and plumbing needs with great care. We will treat your home as we would treat our own. Give C&D Drain Cleaning a call today, we look forward to working with you! Our services include, small plumbing repair, clear drains, camera inspection, install sewer system, and more. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Bath Planet of Arkansas LLC

We specialize in bathroom remodeling, not kitchen remodeling! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today! Bath Planet of Arkansas LLC has been in business for 5 years in the state of Arkansas. We off free in-home estimates, and also offer several different discounts. Veterans 10%, Senior Citizen 10% Cash Paying 10% Bath Planet is also is partnered with four different financing companies which offer low interest rates and small payments.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Well Pumps

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Bowen Plumbing, Inc.

How is Bowen Plumbing, Inc. overall rated?

Bowen Plumbing, Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Bowen Plumbing, Inc. open?

Bowen Plumbing, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Bowen Plumbing, Inc. provide

Bowen Plumbing, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Does Bowen Plumbing, Inc. offer free estimates?

Ask Bowen Plumbing, Inc. for details on free project estimates.

Does Bowen Plumbing, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Bowen Plumbing, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Bowen Plumbing, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Bowen Plumbing, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Bowen Plumbing, Inc.?

No, Bowen Plumbing, Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Bowen Plumbing, Inc. offer?

Bowen Plumbing, Inc. offers the following services: Water pressure problems, Leaks and drips, Faucet installation and repair, Water heater installation and repair, Tankless water heaters, Garbage disposals, Toilet installation and repair, Clogged water and drain lines, Gas, water, and sewer services, New sewer drain installation, Major and minor kitchen and bathroom remodeling, Sewer video camera diagnostics and repair, Leak detection; water and gas, Lawn sprinkler services, Trenching and backhoe service, Water treatment equipment

Are there any services Bowen Plumbing, Inc. does not offer?

Well Pumps