A State Handymen Inc

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2013

A-State Handymen has a hand picked crew with combined experience of over 80 years. We focus on family values and customer service. Our goal is to get each customer and keep them for life. We are A+ rated on the BBB. No hidden charges on materials. If the job lasts less than 1 week you don't pay

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

DeckDeck with rampDeck with slide

handyman (45)woodworking (14)home remodeling (13)drywall (11)decks & porches (11)roofing (10)interior painting (9)tile installation (8)house painting (6)plumbers (5)gutter repair (2)garage doors (2)

09/03/2020

Catherine B.

The entire experience was good. Rob Carroll kept in touch about scheduling a visit to provide an estimate, and later, about when work could be performed. He gave his honest opinion about whether a few items on my list needed repair. The workmen were professional, friendly and again, kept me informed about the progress. When I asked about a loose lock on an exterior door, they offered to pick up a new lock set and install it for me. The bill came in under budget. Thoughtful and much appreciated service! I will contact them for help on any future home repair needs.

Description of Work
Interior painting over wood paneling' wood rot repair around a bay window and touch-up painting; rehanging/securing window shutters.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us! We enjoyed working with you and look forward to future projects. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

12/02/2019

Randy N.

Work was done quickly and professionally. They had to clean out the garage before making repairs and hauled off all debris. High quality work all around. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Garage repair including replacement of sill plate, repair of siding, and repair of garage door

Category drywall, garage doors, remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

We appreciate you leaving us a review very much. We hope you guys enjoy the garage and we look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc. 501-269-4034

10/26/2019

Vic M.

The A State Handymen, Inc. project could not have gone more beautifully- for us and for the result. The company brought the utmost in trustworthy communications, supreme professionalism, and broadly talented skill to the project and to all our interactions with them. Their responsiveness to our questions and requests, before and during the work was always timely and indicated their deep commitment to exceptional service. The results are astounding, their work done in the time frame stated, their planning remarkable and adaptive to our changing needs, their cost estimates clear and reliable, their work exceptional and delivered with such sociable and hospitable grace. We will be enjoying our new deck with all the family whose love for this place is as constant and wide as the sea.

Description of Work
Deck renovation including extension, new railing, stairway, entrance, skirting, and special requests.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

Review for A State Handymen Inc - 80 S. Broadview, GREENBRIER, AR - 38212818

Hello, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with our company. We are very proud to have been involved in a project that is so special to your family. We look forward to future projects with you guys. We hope your family enjoys it for many, many years! Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc. 501-269-4034

01/17/2019

Thresa S.

Mr. Carroll came out and we discussed what needed to be done. He spoke in a language that I understood and didn’t try to talk over my head. Stated he would get back with me in a couple of days with estimate, which he did. Workers came out as promised did exactly what they said they were going to do. Cleaned up the mess. Haven’t had one problem out of anything that they have done. I referral this company to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Siding Repair, door repair

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

We greatly appreciate you taking time to leave a review of our work. We have enjoyed working on every project with you guys. Thanks, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc. 501-269-4034

01/15/2019

Kirsten B.

They guys were very professional, cleaned up after themselves, did a great job, and were very efficient! Mr. Carroll was very responsive and receptive to any changes I wanted to make to the scope of work. The whole bathroom project was not planned, and they were very helpful and understanding to my limited budget.

Description of Work
there was water damage to a large area in our full bathroom. they replaced the subfloor and put up a new beam.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

Thank you very much for leaving us a review. We look forward to future projects with you guys. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc. 501-269-4034

10/30/2018

Julie W.

We needed baseboards throughout the whole house. They were fast and did great work, as usual! We have actually had them do several jobs for us! Sheet rock, siding, deck addition, entire bathroom remodel and tile. We never even call anyone else!

Description of Work
Baseboards

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review about your experience with us. We always enjoy working with you guys. Thank you, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc.

10/30/2018

Travis W.

We have had many things done by A-State Handymen. Some of the most recent are a complete bathroom remodel, tile installation in multiple rooms, siding and drywall for a room addition, deck addition, baseboards throughout entire house. ALL of the projects they have done have been completed either on time or early and were always very reasonably priced. We have met many of the employees and they have always been super friendly and accommodating around our schedules. We will continue to use them for any future home improvement needs.

Description of Work
Home Improvement/Renovations

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of us! We look forward to working on your next project. Thanks, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc.

10/17/2018

Denisce W.

Wonderful! We can’t say enough good things about Rob and his A-State crew.

Description of Work
Painting interior house, room enclosure, general improvements

Category handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

Hello guys, I appreciate you taking time to leave us a review of your experience with us. We hope you enjoy everything! Thank you, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc. 501-269-4034

10/09/2018

Gary W.

Every job was handled professionally, workers were courteous-came in did their work and cleaned up afterwards. All work was reasonably priced. Can’t say enough good about these guys.

Description of Work
Have had several jobs completed, bathroom remodeled, front porch columns remodeled, kitchen sink redone, and floor leveling.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

Hello, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. We look forward to working with you in the future. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc. 501-269-4034

09/11/2017

Randy N.

Work was done as promised and on-schedule. The crew was punctual and kept us advised of the progress.

Description of Work
Repair of bathroom floor and ceilings

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

Hello, Thank you very much for taking time to leave us a review. We look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

08/26/2017

Denisce W.

Very well! Workers arrived on time, completed the job in a timely manner and their fee was affordable.

Description of Work
The living room ceiling beam had come loose and needed to be reattached.

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 08/26/2017

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us a review. We look forward to working with you again. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

08/25/2017

Joe G.

Everything was completed when they forecasted.

Description of Work
The was a newly acquired rental property. A-State did siding work, door knobs, hand rail for stairs, tightening door knobs. Very professional, work was good. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

Hello, Thank you very much for leaving us a review. I will reach out to you again to see how we could have served you better. Thank you, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

07/31/2017

Tracy K.

Great A State Handyman were efficient and did a great job tying into the existing structure/floors, etc.

Description of Work
Installation of additional interior doorway

Work Completed On 07/31/2017

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it very much and look forward to working with you on future projects. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

11/22/2016

David B.

Outstanding!! Quality of work and finished renovation exceeded our expectations. A-State employees are professional, courteous and pay particular attention to the smallest details. Additionally, they show up when they say they are going to, an attribute lacking with all other contractors we have ever dealt with. For future work at our home, A-State is the only call I will ever make.

Description of Work
Recent complete kitchen renovation to include tile flooring, tile backsplash and cabinet refinishing. Have also used A-State in the past for drywall repair and interior painting.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/05/2016

Hello, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience. We look forward to working with you on future projects. Thanks, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

11/01/2016

Sandy M.

Excellent. Guys arrive on time, are friendly, then get to work and work all day.

Description of Work
any house repair, kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, fencing, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

10/30/2016

Nancy M.

They were quick and awesome. Everything was done perfectly. The thing I loved most they cleaned everything when they finished, including using their vacuum cleaner!

Description of Work
New exterior door and threshold and new flooring thru Hall and kitchen.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/13/2016

Hello, Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. Please contact for any future needs. Thank you, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc. 501-269-4034

10/28/2016

Sandy M.

These guys are family men who work really hard to get done what the customer wants. They are punctual and friendly, then they get to work. I've done business with A-State for 4 years now, and they always do an excellent job. Initially, I took bids for the work and their price was the best. After having them work once at my house, I don't call anyone but A-State now. At my house they have built a deck, done foundation work, done kitchen and bath remodels, painting, drywall work, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical. I trust them to work on my house with care and skill. They are also careful to not damage the surroundings, and even clean up each day when they're done working. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
A-State did foundation work on my house, then did a kitchen remodel for me. They handled every detail from light switches to flooring. They custom matched my cabinet stain to existing woodwork that I wanted to keep. Doing a kitchen remodel involves many decisions concerning paint, plumbing fixtures, flooring, lighting, back splash tile, counter tops and so on. They explained what the options were and listened to what I wanted for a new kitchen. The work is beautiful and I am very happy with the results.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, handyman service, landscaping, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

Hello, Thank for taking the time to leave a review of your experiences with us. We always enjoy working with you and look forward to future projects! Thank you, Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

10/17/2016

Randall C.

Work was done great and fast. Price was not bad. Very professional and very happy with the job. I'd use them again. Price seemed a tad high considering they didn't have to use as many supplies at they thought they'd have to. But the work was done well and fast and very professionally.

Description of Work
Had some touch up work down on window frames. Some exterior wall hole fixed and painted.

Category remodeling, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

Hello, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

10/10/2016

sharon P.

GREAT! I could not have pulled off this project, without the help from A State Handymen. They were courteous, efficient and diligent in their work. Not only were we impressed with the craftsmanship exhibited by these tradesmen, but their work was completed in record time. In fact, their work enhanced the appearance of my home in every way. Each evening they took care to store their tools neatly, and ensure that there was a way to access the house without a problem. Their clean up was above anything that I had expected and was well pleased. These employees presented an excellent image for A State. Indeed it is rare to encounter employees of this caliber and should be applauded. Our experience with A State Handymen Inc has been a very pleasant one. I would hire them again when needed.

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen and two bathrooms, repaint house, and lay new tile flooring.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/22/2016

Hello, Thank you so mich for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us. We hope you enjoy it all and can't wait until the next project we work with you on! Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

10/05/2016

Jeff P.

We have been very satisfied with our experience with A State Handymen. We have used them on several projects now, ranging from small (crown moulding install) to large (knocking out a wall, tiling kitchen, painting multiple rooms) and have been pleased with the quality of their work every time. Their crews are polite, timely and get their work done quickly and efficiently. Pricing has been very reasonable for the caliber of work. We have recommended them to several friends who have reported similar positive experiences. We will definitely be using them again in the future for any other home projects that come up.

Description of Work
Balcony railings reinforced

Category decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 09/21/2016

Hello, Thank you for the review. We look forward to future work with you guys. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

02/02/2016

Jeff P.

My wife and I were very pleased with our experience with A-State Handymen. Rob was very polite and responsive to our questions, they were able to get to our project ahead of schedule, were finished quickly, and the quality of the work was good. They made the process very simple and we would happily use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Installed crown moulding, replaced balcony railings

Work Completed On 01/19/2016

Hello sir, Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We look forward to working with you again. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

12/21/2015

Cherilyn G.

Requested a meeting to evaluate the deck. Gentleman was responsive and punctual to meeting. I requested a removal of old deck and replacement of identical deck. He inspected, measured, and drew sketches for reference. He promised a quote within three weeks of that date. He emailed a quote within a week. Quote for tear down and replacement was almost double the other quotes I gathered.

Description of Work
Met for review of a deck that needed replacement. Cost estimate was nearly double other estimates for same specifications.

Category decks, handyman service

Hello Mrs. [Member Name Removed] I am very sorry you did not like our estimate. You may contact me anytime if you would like to go over any questions you may have about your pricing. Rob Carroll A-State Handymen, Inc 501-269-4034

08/24/2015

Amy H.

This was the third time I have used this team. They are always polite and get right down to business. They do quality work using high quality materials. I am very happy with the results. They also screened in our lower deck for us at a different time, and installed a new fiberglass door. All jobs well done.

Description of Work
removed old cracked caulk from windows inside and out whole house. Had to use ladders and scaffolding.

Work Completed On 08/10/2015