OZARK TREE SERVICE

Founded 1954 • With Angi since February 2009

PO BOX 1873

Fayetteville, AR 72702

Ozark Tree Service has been serving & satisfying customers in NWA since 1954. We are licensed, bonded & fully insured for your protection. Call 479-443-3670 for your FREE ESTIMATE today!

06/06/2016

Michael M.

Mackie stopped by to give me a free estimate on Friday and upon agreeing to his estimate he told me he could start early the next week. The first workers arrived at 10am and they brought several trucks including a bucket truck with a very large wood chipper, a massive stump grinder that was as big as a fork lift and a dump truck. He had 5 or 6 guys working nonstop and finished by 2:30pm. They did everything I asked in an efficient and professional manner and did a good job with clean up. It was a pretty big job and after seeing the results and how hard they worked to get it done in a timely manner I think the price charged was probably pretty reasonable. I have used this company in the past and would certainly use them in the future.

Description of Work
They removed 2 trees, ground one stump, trimmed many limbs of various sizes and cleared brush along the inside of my backyard fence.

11/09/2015

Catherine R.

called to get and ideal of they job and address detail of where to come. said they were not sure when they could work me in, i told them it was a non urgent situation but to contact me the next week when they could come look, did not hear from them most of the next week, so left three texts asking when they would be coming as i work nights and needed to know. had no reply.

Description of Work
contacted me once to get address for estimate. did not reply to my texts on when they were coming.

09/17/2015

Michael W.

We had a tree in our back yard, which had overgrown the yard, over the years as limbs had fallen, we just collected them and piled them in the corner of the yard. I have looked at the tree and stayed lost as to how to get it down as it had grown so large and its branches had grown over the fence. the I contacted Ozark Tree Service and they came out that very next day and provided an estimate. I hired them to get the tree down and to a few of the smaller trees down as well as clear out the pile of fallen limbs. They came out on Monday of the following week and within 1 hour, they had all of the work done. Every tree was down and the 2 piles of fallen branches had already been put through their chipper/shredder machine. These guys did a great job.

Description of Work
Removed 1 large tree and several small trees, as well as some fallen tree limbs and branches.

06/24/2015

Lee Y.

We called the number for Ozark Tree Service to get a bid on having 23 trees cut down. They sent someone out to take a look at the trees we had tagged. We received a bid that we could agree on so decided to move forward with this company. Their crew worked hard and were able to cut all the trees in one full day. One issue that we had, was that we had 23 trees tagged, but 2 trees that we didn't have tagged were cut down, and one tree that we did have tagged, did not get cut. And then when we asked if they could cut down that tree, we were quoted an additional $500, so we didn't have them cut it. They chopped the wood for us to fit into our fireplace insert and hauled away the wood that we didn't want. Clean up of the yard could have been a bit better, they left several wood piles for us. We also wanted 8 stumps grinded, but they grinded 9. We specifically told them not to grind the 9TH stump, because it was too close to the sprinkler head. But they grinded it anyway which did damage the sprinkler head and broke the pipe. It was conveniently covered up with the wood piles that were left behind, which we did not find until they were paid and long gone. The pipe for the main water pipe valve was also broken by them dragging limbs across it. We feel that the communication between the owner and the guy who did the actual work (Justin) was poor. We were quoted $2300 for the job and when it came time to settle up, Justin whined that it should have been a $4500 job. Justin had an all around bad attitude and lack of respect for his client. His final remarks to us stated that he would give our telephone number to a different tree service if we ever needed more trees cut.. But he won't have to do that, because we will not ever use or recommend this company.

Description of Work
Cut down 25 trees and stump grinded 9

Category hauling services, lawn service, tree service

05/25/2015

Larry B.

I asked him to come out and give me a bid for seven trees that I needed taken down but that he should make sure I was home because some of the trees were hard to locate. I told him I needed two bids -- one for three trees closest to the house and then a separate bid for all seven. Depending on price, I might just do three. I told him I had to go to town for a little while the day he was to come out but that I would come back within a few minutes if he called me on my cell phone. I got no call and came home and called him to see when he would be out. He said he had already come out and found the trees. He gave me only one bid over the phone for five trees. I told him that he hadn't found all the trees and that is why I told him I had to be home. So we arranged for him to come when I knew I would be home. When I talked to him later, he told me once again that he had come and looked for himself. He gave me another bid. I don't know whether he came out or not, since I was home the whole time, but he still refused to follow my request so I had no trust in him to do the job right. I finally used Tree Climbers. They did the job at a lower price and were extremely professional, gave me a written bid, and followed my instructions exactly.

Description of Work
He gave me a bid on cutting down some trees.

Category tree service

Ozark Tree Service would like to sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding. We are glad that you were able to find a tree service that could meet your needs for a better price. We only wish that we could have been notified of this reported disappointment before your trees were cut so that we could have been given a chance to make this right. Customer service is our #1 priority and our previous Angie's List reviews do attest to this. Thanks so much for calling on Ozark Tree Service! We would love to help you in the future so that you can experience why Ozark Tree Service's goal is to please every customer every time and has maintained an A rating with Angie's List. Have a wonderful day!

05/05/2015

Mark S.

They responded immediately to my inquiry and sent someone within 24 hours to provide estimate. They were very professional and did the work as promised, when promised and extremely well. I would use them again and recommend them to anyone needing tree work done.

Description of Work
Removed a large tree in front yard and ground the stump.

Category tree service

Thank you so much for your kind review of Ozark Tree Service. We appreciate your recommendations to others as well! Ozark Tree Service enjoyed helping you with your tree work! Thanks again!

03/26/2015

Routh Ann Y.

It went very well. Chris and his partner Chris both showed up as planned and got to work right away. When I had questions or showed them things that I wanted taken care of they were very nice to listen to what I had to say and then did what I asked. They smoothed out the area where they worked on and hauled away some excess dirt, roots, etc. Would use them again.

Description of Work
I was having a new fence put in and needed to have 2 tree stumps ground up and some long old roots from these trees. One stump I supposedly had already paid another company to grind up, but they didn't get down to below ground level.

Category hauling services, tree service

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed review of Ozark Tree Service! We enjoyed helping you. We appreciate you calling on Ozark Tree Service to assist you. Have a wonderful day & we look forward to helping you again in the future.

12/19/2014

Carlotta A.

Great job. Was done just as estimated. The clean up was perfect.

Description of Work
Trimmed two large trees in a very tight space.

Category tree service

Ozark Tree Service would like to say thank you for taking time to give us a review. We appreciate your feedback. It was wonderful helping you again! It makes us happy when customers (that we have helped in the past) call on us time and time again. Thank you for letting us help you with your tree work. We look forward to helping you in the future! Have an awesome new year!

10/23/2014

April M.

I was very happy with Jason, the man I dealt with, and his workers. Jason showed me a copy of their insurance when I asked and was very detailed about what exactly I could expect in terms of the wood chip pile and skid marks afterward. Everything he said went as he had told me it would. I thought his quote for the job was fair, and I was very impressed when they told me they couldn't get to the job for 2 weeks, but then were able to come after a week or so to do the job. As I said, they had to remove part of our back yard fence to get the skid loader through, but put it back just fine. They also had to go into the neighbor's yard to remove part of the fallen tree, and she was so impressed with them, she also asked for their contact info. I particularly liked the fact that they didn't expect me to pay anything until after the full job was done.

Description of Work
Small job-trimming a couple of trees/bushes. Large job-Taking out and stump grinding a honey locust tree that had partially fallen on our fence and neighbor's yard and had heart rot. The taller branches of the tree reached above our two-story house. They removed part of the back fence to fit the skid loader through, downed the tree, ground the (huge) stump, removed all the wood.

Category hauling services, lawn service, tree service

Thanks so much for your positive, detailed review of Ozark Tree Service! It was a pleasure meeting you and helping you with all of your tree work. We appreciate the fact that you took the time to site specific examples of why you were happy with the services Ozark Tree Service provided you. You will not have to be concerned anymore about those tall trees during all this heavy wind and fast approaching winter. We're thankful that we were able to help your neighbor as well. Thank you for recommending us to others! We appreciate you. Have a great week!

09/26/2014

Joel A.

Poor customer service. Ozark Tree Service never showed up. I shouldn't have to pay Angie's List for service providers who can't even show up for a meeting.

Description of Work
Based on the Angie's List's ratings, I contacted Ozark Tree Service to give me a quote. i spoke with someone who asked me to call back a few days later to schedule a time to get a quote. After another call, we scheduled a time to meet. Ozark Tree Service NEVER showed up.

Category tree service

We appreciate you calling on Ozark Tree Service to help you with your tree work. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We did not show up, because we were told through Angie's List messaging not to. Ozark Tree Service did try to reach out to you to explain why our estimator was running 15 minutes late, but no one would answer the phone through several attempts to call. "Don't bother to reach out to me again..." was the first message we received from you via Angie's List. We did, however, try and reach out, because customer service is our #1 priority and we wanted to let you know the circumstances surrounding the lateness of our estimator and to apologize for this. Our apology was never accepted and we were not given a chance to make this right. In tree service work there are instances where our estimators run a little late due to unforeseen circumstances, but we do let our customers know this and we have always been able to work it out with them without any problem and with complete understanding. Unfortunately, when a customer refuses to answer the phone and refuses our services before knowing the whole situation, there is really nothing we can do to help them. We regret that this happened as our goal is to please every customer every time. We wish you well in you future endeavors.

09/26/2014

Vern F.

Our experience with Ozark Tree Service was excellent, they arrived on time and finished the job on time. After I added more work to the original job they modified their plans to work with us, they did this without excuse or complaint. Great crew, accomodating and informative.

Description of Work
Felled and removed 5 trees

Category tree service

Ozark Tree Service enjoyed helping you with the removal of your 5 trees. Thank you for your awesome review of Ozark Tree Service! When we are helping a customer and they decide to add extra work, we always try and accommodate. Thanks for noticing that! Ozark Tree Service is so thankful for great customers like you. We are here for you any time you need us.

08/06/2014

Gary S.

Did exactly what I requested.

Description of Work
Felled 5 dead trees and pruned another

Category tree service

It was a pleasure helping you with your tree work. Thanks so much for giving Ozark Tree Service straight A's for the job we did for you. Thanks also for taking time out of your day to place an Angie's List Review. We look forward to helping you, your family and neighbors in the future. Thanks for calling on Ozark Tree Service! Have a wonderful day!

07/16/2014

Ed B.

About 3 people came out, they were done within an hour excellent people, a great service and an unbelievably reasonable price. The knowledge base of the company was brilliant and they had old fashioned manners. I would use them again without even blinking.

Description of Work
They trimmed 5 trees, getting some major branches out of the way.

06/18/2014

Daniel C.

I contacted Ozark Tree Service because of the reviews I saw right here on Angie's List, and boy am I glad I did! Joshua and his crew were prompt, respectful, hard-working and true to their word. They said they'd have it (the tree and debris) cleaned up and hauled off today....and it is! I respect how hard they were working, especially in this heat. I never heard a word of complaint, they just kept at it. Thank you Ozark Tree Service!!! I am so pleased with the work, the price, and the professionalism of your crew! I will definitely recommend you to anyone that needs tree service! :)

Description of Work
Cut up a fallen, dead tree and removed debris from other trees that had been cut down.

Category tree service

Awesome! What a top notch review of Ozark Tree Service, Joshua and our crew! Thank you! We so appreciate you taking time to give such a detailed and positive review. Thank you for your nomination for The Page of Happiness for Ozark Tree Service and for straight A's given. We enjoyed meeting you. We are looking forward to helping you, your family and friends in the future.

05/13/2014

Robert L.

I have to say Im quite pleased with the work OZARK TREE SERVICE performed. I had a large amount of brush remaining in my yard from a tree removal, and I just couldnt get it completed by myself. I called for a estimate, and they had someone out that day. The price was very fair, and they had someone out the next day to start and complete the Job. I will be using OZARK TREE SERVICE for the for seeable future. Thanks for the great work.

Description of Work
Chipped Brush, and stacked Logs

Category tree service

We always love when our customers take time from their busy schedules to write reviews of their experience with Ozark Tree Service. Thanks for allowing us to help you with your job. Thanks also for your wonderful review of Ozark Tree Service. We are here for you when you need us again.

04/11/2014

Elizabeth K.

Very fast service. Same day service. Professional and through. Will go with them in the future

Description of Work
Stump grinding

Category tree service

Thank you for your kind review of Ozark Tree Service. We enjoyed helping you. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to helping you again in the future!

02/03/2014

Brad P.

There is a reason why Ozark Tree Service is rated the highest of their peers on Angie's list. I am skeptical of glowing reviews but called Mack hoping for the best. We were not let down. Their crew came over prepared for a combination of tree clearing, limb trimming, stump grinding, and cleared 3 truckloads of thick brush we trimmed ourselves over the previous 6 months. We live in an established neighborhood with a lot of retirees, thus I was concerned that our neighbors would get upset with the commotion, but no, 2 older neighbors made a point to come by and tell us how good the property looks and how efficient the tree service worked! They plan on contacting Ozark for their tree service needs.

Description of Work
Tree service Tree removal Brush clearing

Category tree service

What an awesome review of Ozark Tree Service! Thanks so much for your detailed review and for nominating us for Page of Happiness! We really enjoyed helping you. Thank you for calling on Ozark Tree Service to assist you with your tree trimming and tree removal needs. Call us anytime! Have a wonderful day!

01/16/2014

Sam H.

Our experience with them was great. They were here on time and we were well satisfied with them. The people were very good and very cooperative.

Description of Work
We have used Ozark Tree Service. They did some tree stump removal.

Category tree service

Thank you for giving such an excellent review of your stump removal experience with Ozark Tree Service. It was very nice meeting you. We're looking forward to helping you on your next stump removal project soon! Thanks for calling on Ozark Tree Service. Have a great day!

12/19/2013

Shay S.

Macke & his guys at Ozark Tree were great to work with. We kept having to move the date due to all of the rain our area had. They were very flexible & as soon as my yard dried out enough, they came right out & took care of business. One area of my yard was still kind of wet & Macke went the extra mile to make sure it was all smoothed out when they finished. Everything looked great when they completed the job. I have one more tree that was looking questionable & if it has to come down, I will definitely have Ozark Tree Services take care of it for me! Thanks again Macke!

Description of Work
had 3 or 4 large trees cut down, stumps ground down & everything removed from property, trimmed a few other trees & cleaned the yard up afterward

Category tree service

Awesome! Thanks for the wonderful review of Ozark Tree Service and for nominating us for The Page of Happiness! It was a pleasure helping you with your tree work. We'll be ready to help you take care of that tree in question if and when it needs to come down. Call us anytime for your free estimate so that we can look at it for you and discuss your options. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to give Ozark Tree Service such a good review! Thanks again!

11/15/2013

Nicholas S.

Ozark team arrived as promised, and began work immediately. The guys were personable, and hard working. The job was a bit challenging and difficult at times, yet the team kept upbeat, never gave up, and not once complained. Actually seemed to have fun doing their job . This was my first experience with Ozark as all my needs have been met by a competitor in the past 14 years, but I will continue to call Ozark in the future. Thank you!

Description of Work
Dropped 5 dead trees and pulled two from the edge of the water at the lake

Category tree service

Ozark Tree Service would like to say, "thanks" for the awesome and detailed review you gave our company. Although it did demand considerable skill, we did enjoy doing your job! Thank you for noticing. It was a pleasure meeting you. We are so happy that Ozark Tree Service is your company of choice. Thanks for recommending us to others as well. Now you will not have to worry about those trees during an ice storm. Have a wonderful holiday season!

10/14/2013

Pam D.

I hired someone else but wished I had hired Ozark Tree

Description of Work
Gave me an estimate for tree removal

Category tree service

Thank you for your review of your overall impression of Ozark Tree Service. Just remember...There is always a next time! We will be here for you and will be happy to help you! We appreciate you! Thanks again.

09/16/2013

Don T.

Difficult job finished quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Fell and cut up a 100 year old oak

Category tree service

We appreciate your kind remarks about Ozark Tree Service doing your difficult job quickly and efficiently. Thanks also for the great grades! It was nice meeting you and we look forward to helping you again. Thanks for calling on Ozark Tree Service for all your tree care needs.

09/06/2013

Patti D.

We called to receive a quote on removing 2 trees. After our initial quote and commitment via phone, it took them 2 weeks to get to us due to volume of work they had. It would have been better if they had called us to update on an ETA. They DID do a great job once they arrived and did a good job with cleanup as well.

Description of Work
Removed 2 partially dead large trees.

Category tree service

Thank you for leaving us a review of your experience with Ozark Tree Service! We so appreciate your overall grade of an A for the work performed. Thanks for an A given in price of work, and an A given in quality of work. We appreciate the B given in professionalism and feel the reason why an A wasn’t given (also in responsiveness and punctuality) was because of us having a turnaround time (at the time we did your job) of two weeks. We are so sorry that you had to wait two weeks. We try to just stay one week out, but due to our wonderful call volume/work requests there was a two week delay. In the future we will try and do better with our time frame estimation. Ozark Tree Service will learn from this mistake and remember to give a better estimate of our ETA next time. We hope that you will call on Ozark Tree Service again. We enjoyed helping you with your tree work! Have a great week!

09/02/2013

Mary S.

On the parts done as we asked, the work was fine. Good cleanup. Left us with mulch from ground-up oak. We asked that two large trees ONLY be topped. They were felled at ground level leaving us with an enormous mess. We cannot get through that part of the property. The trees are too big for us to deal with. We wanted to leave them standing as is recommended for wildlife. It was explained to the owner when he previewed the job, and it was explained again to those who came to do the work. When the owner became aware of our concerns, he quickly contacted us to see how he could remedy the problem. He explained that one tree was not safe to climb to top only. A crew was sent to our property and they cut up the trees as requested and made sure that we were satisfied they had completed. p.s. if the owner did not know the address as is stated in provider response below, how did he know to come here to talk to us?

Description of Work
Cutting down of dead trees and removal of dead limbs.

Category tree service

***This report is being reviewed by Angie’s List as the reporting Angie’s List Member included no physical address, no address of where the work was performed, and Ozark Tree Service has no record of doing any work for this member. If you know who the person is that wrote this report, please call our office at 479-443-3670 immediately! *** Ozark Tree Service continues to serve NWA with the same quality, professional tree work that you and your friends have come to love and appreciate since 1954. We are so thankful for you and work hard to please every person every time. We would like to encourage you to read all of our outstanding Angie’s List Reviews that are listed below this report. Ozark Tree Service looks forward to helping you with your tree work soon! Thanks so much!

08/05/2013

Steve P.

Did all they said they'd do.

Description of Work
Cut trees down, trimmed branches dug out stumps.

Category tree service

Thanks so much for your review of Ozark Tree Service! We appreciate honest reviews like yours. Thank you for giving Ozark Tree Service an overall grade of an A. Thanks for the A's given in quality, responsiveness, and professionalism. Because of the B's given in price and punctuality, we will work to make Ozark Tree Service better in these areas. Punctuality and pricing are two areas of our company that are very important to us. We have found after research that if we have ever been rated a B in punctuality it is usually because the previous job ran longer than expected due to the customer that we are working for (at that time) deciding to have us do more while we are there. We always call the next customer to let him/her know that we are running a little off schedule that day, but we do want to apologize to you for running behind that day! We know that customers depend on timeliness so that they can go about their daily schedules in a prompt way as well. If there is ever a problem with our pricing we encourage our customers to tell us so that we can work out something more affordable. There are different price options for each and every job that Ozark Tree Service performs. We definitely want to make sure that all of our customers are happy with Ozark Tree Service's job performance every single time! Thanks again for your truthful Angie's List Review! Have a wonderful week! We look forward to helping you again in the future!