Door Doctor

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2011

Residential door repair service. State Licensed, Better Business Bureau Accredited. ...

+5 more images

handyman (16)door installation (15)screen repair (3)woodworking (2)mailbox repair (1)lighting (1)

08/30/2017

Mark B.

Awesome. Everything was done with great quality, excellent communication, punctuality, and promptness.

Description of Work
We had several nagging problems with doors sticking, not closing properly, misaligned, and not locking. The Door Doctor showed up and was able to do everything on the first visit.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

06/24/2016

Lynda S.

Lett a message and he responded almost immediately and came out the same day (Saturday) to help cut the screen door frame that we ordered too large accidently. He also helped reassemble the door and made sure it fit properly on the door frame. Very professional and would recommend him highly!

Description of Work
Cut screen door frame that was too large from the supplier and helped put the screen door together and made sure it fit properly in the slider.

Work Completed On 05/27/2016

04/26/2016

Vicki P.

Description of Work
Very prompt, polite and informative. Definitely would use again.

06/01/2015

Joy E.

The work was excellent and professionally done, he was timely and I would use him again anytime.

Description of Work
He installed hand rails throughout my home after I had an accident and severely broke my arm making it easier for me to navigate stairs and use the shower. He also replaced and repaired locks on my doors.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 08/05/2013

05/26/2015

Valerie L.

fine

Description of Work
fix lock on door

Work Completed On 03/18/2015

01/20/2015

marvia L.

The job was done thoroughly and very well on a cold winter day. Ron was prompt to the appointments and spent nearly 4 hours fixing a huge air leak in front entry doors. Cleaned up after himself and solved a huge problem for us. I know that this is a special skill and he is a pro. I would recommend his services to anyone needing it

Description of Work
Fixed gap in entry doors

Work Completed On 01/12/2015

01/14/2015

Sarah H.

Work Completed On 10/05/2014

10/23/2014

Jeff A.

Description of Work
They installed three dead bolt locks for me. Top notch job.

Work Completed On 10/17/2014

09/03/2014

Rayna A.

I texted this morning and he responded quickly with a text saying he would call in a couple of hours when he finished another job. He called as he said he would and said that he was fairly nearby and could be here in about 10 minutes. When he arrived he looked at what needed to be done and we agreed he should just do it now. Took about 30 minutes. I have some other work to be done and he gave me some people to call.

Description of Work
installed strike plates on the back door.

Work Completed On 09/03/2014

06/30/2014

Beverly S.

Description of Work
Replaced moldings around windows and doors. Rehung the door. Recommended a painter to paint his repair work and stain the deck. He was very professional and very helpful. He was prompt and efficient. I would use him again and recommend his servicesl

Category remodeling, doors

Cost $649.67

Work Completed On 06/18/2014

06/23/2014

Patsy W.

as it was compromised - the doors now lock easily . . The one door that has the upper and lower safety latches is now secure as he made 2 custom pieces to keep the units from moving, therefore allowing the doors to wobble even though locked. He installed two very easy to operate, attractive extra closures so that doors cannot be opened if anyone manages to unlock them or attempt to push them open. I always felt that that would be very easy to do before these additions. I am always pleased with this company's work.

Description of Work
He addressed all my concerns with my front door and saved me $7500. ( the cost of replacing it with a custom door). I have heavy French doors for the entry. They were not secure feeling when closed, would wobble back & forth, the locking knob would not turn all the way, although the door seemed to be locked . He replaced the dead bolt

Work Completed On 06/16/2014

06/18/2014

ann C.

Work Completed On 11/16/2013

04/13/2014

greg F.

ron did a great job and was very punctional. My only issue was that he quoted the job to be around $200 after seeing pictures that I texted him- when he finished the bill was almost $300- He did some additional work on the door that I did not request like setting the door locks. this was my only issue- work was top notch and I would definitely recommend him to a friend. I would just like a chance to authorize additional repairs that I did not request prior to him doing them

Description of Work
fixed a rotted door frame

Category woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 02/19/2014

02/24/2014

Jonathan M.

Ron is very responsive and schedules appointments quickly. He arrives on time and likes to show me his work. He does everything at a reasonable price and gets the job done very quickly.

Description of Work
They assembled two book shelves, changed 5 flood light bulbs, changed batteries in the smoke detector, raised a chandelier, tighten bolts on the mailbox, hung 7 mirrors and artwork around the home.

Category handyman service, lighting, mailbox repair

Work Completed On 01/02/2014

01/17/2014

Kelly H.

Bought our house about 1 year ago. We have known that the exterior doors were in need of repair, but needed to complete some other issues first. Ron was very professional and thorough. His work is high quality and completed in a timely manner. I have already recommended him to others, and will be using him again in the very near future!

Description of Work
Repaired 13 exterior doors that were not sealing when shut or letting air in/out.

Category screen repair

Work Completed On 01/16/2014

11/15/2013

Patsy W.

Arrived on time, got right to work, knew his job. Very reasonably priced. Would use him again! Very neat & cleaned up after his work.

Description of Work
Install Microsoft; install grab bars; repaired fence gate & 6 fence posts & tightened front door.

Work Completed On 10/18/2013

10/15/2013

Mike P.

Ron arrived on-time. He had all necessary supplies and equipment and was ready to start. His estimate for time and expense was right on. He was always very curtious and professional. I would not hesitate to use him again or to recommend him to others.

Description of Work
One of my exterior doors & storm door had been improperly installed by another handyman (daylight around the sides, sticking, leaking when it rained). He had to move bottom of the lock jamb, shim bottom hinge, move lockset, install drip cap. Replace all brick mold w/pvc, rehang storm door, move latch and deadbolt striker, make and install threshold transition strip & caulk brick mold.

Cost $378.92

Work Completed On 10/08/2013

09/22/2013

Jonathan M.

Ron was prompt, courteous, and competent, and all at a reasonable price. I will use Ron again for any future handyman or door-related needs, and recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
Replaced smoke detector battery, interior pot-light, and exterior welcome light -- all 12-18' up -- using extension ladder. Also consulted on two minor door issues.

Work Completed On 09/22/2013

07/26/2013

Diana B.

He was on time, very pleasant and did a great job.

Description of Work
He re-screened a back porch and repaired the careen door. Replaced a dead bolt lock and a kitchen cabinet hinge.

Category handyman service, screen repair, doors

Work Completed On 07/02/2013

07/22/2013

Diana B.

He did. Great job on everything.

Description of Work
Fixed a kitchen cabinet door. Fixed a screen door and replaced screen panel on porch

Category handyman service, screen repair, doors

Work Completed On 07/10/2013

04/23/2013

Dottie B.

Ron was punctual, took time to find out the problem and what was needed to fix it. He communicated clearly and answered my questions. His price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
He helped troubleshoot a siding problem and recommended a repairman. He renovated roof lines, coiled and sealed off electrical cording also at roof line.

Work Completed On 04/01/2013

09/03/2012

Routh Ann Y.

New to the area, so I don't have another handyman to compare with. I called him, he came out took a look at what I wanted done. It took 2 trips because I had bought the wrong size shelves for the closet, so he had to go buy the correct sized ones. He charges for a trip out, so he told me in the future to just write down all the little things I want done, so he can get them done in one trip and he won't charge for another trip. He was running behind on one trip but he at least called me and told me that and when to expect him--I appreciated that. He worked well while he was here and cleaned up any mess he made. Overall, I was pleased. Will use again unless someone recommends someone better that they have used.

Description of Work
Ron cut off the bottom of 5 interior doors so they would not drag on the carpet. He turned a coat closet into a closet with shelves -more functional for me. Added a lock plate to my front door on the dead bolt lock and he hung a couple of racks for me in the garage. He hung an antique phone in my office for me and installed two blinds in some windows for me.

Work Completed On 08/07/2012

10/27/2011

Craig C.

He’s fast, does good work and is honest. He does exactly what he says he’s going to do.

Description of Work
I used him three times in September and October. He worked on an assortment jobs including putting lattice under my porch, fixing 6 doors and latches, and repairing my greenhouse. He does not do plumbing, electrical or HVAC, but he repaired some light trims for me.