Backus Concrete LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2011

4.1

PO Box 10451

Fayetteville, AR 72703

Our experience shows in every job we do. With over 45 years of combined experience in the concrete business, we offer professional, dependable concrete services for commercial, residential and industrial clients. With Backus Concrete as your commercial or residential concrete contractor, you

05/22/2018

Pano P.

The company has never returned even one of our calls! Recently, we have called them 2 times requesting a bid for our porch...and in the past couple of years we have called them about 3 other times for a bid on concrete around our pool. :(

Description of Work
Needed a bid on concrete work for porch.

12/15/2014

Bonnie B.

see above

Description of Work
I called this provider the day after labor day to ask for a quote. They called me back on 10-14-14, about 6 weeks later to see what i needed. I had already found another provider. I understand being busy. But do not understand their inability to call back.

03/24/2014

Steve C.

Brandon from Bacchus met us several times on site to discuss the project. He was very interested in getting us exactly what we wanted and keeping the costs in line with our budget. He had great ideas on how to improve the plans and provided us with many options. He gave us the name of a contractor who we found shared Bacchus' desire to meet our desires and budget. We have not started the work so this post will be updated as soon as construction is underway.

Description of Work
Concrete work proposal fopr a driveway and garage addition

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, garage builders

03/11/2014

Hunter and Carole J.

We could never get any bid or estimate bid after two visits to our property.

Description of Work
Come out to our residence twice.

10/07/2013

Lynda F.

Very professional.Completed project in timely manner.Workers were friendly,worked hard and cleaned up after they were finished.Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Poured a new driveway with drain.Excavated .Delivered & spread gravel in back of house.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

05/31/2013

Cynthia S.

The work is beautiful. My interactions with the receptionist were pleasant and the work crew was courteous. The work site was completely cleaned up when the work was finished. My only reservation was that I waited more than six weeks after my initial phone call to get a bid. However, once I approved the estimate, the work was done the next day. Bottom line: great job, but working with Backus requires a bit of patience.

Description of Work
The provider poured a concrete slab to finish off my carport.

05/21/2013

Candace M.

My experience with this company was very good. The quality of their work was really good. My only problem with them was that we paid them a 1/3 of the money in November and then we did not hear from them for months. My husband had to call them and when we called them they said that our name was on the list, but they had not told us that our name was on the list and when it was on the list. But the job was done really well.

Description of Work
Backus Concrete LLC came to my house to install concert slabs for me in the back of my yard.

04/21/2013

Cynthia S.

My experience with the receptionist was congenial, but no work was ever done.

Description of Work
I contacted Backus Concrete three times over the course of three weeks to schedule an appointment for an estimate. No one every showed up or called back.

04/16/2013

Lorna B.

I called for estimate and they came right out. They began the work about a week later and finished most of it within a couple of days. I didn't pay anything upfront...not paying anything at all until I was satisfied with the work. I called at the end and reminded them to finish the grouting/sealing of a few areas and they came right out and did that. I asked them to patch a few places in an existing wall (not part of the bid) and they said sure, and did that also. They billed me via mail and I sent them a check. I love the way the drive looks and my neighbors do too. End of story.

Description of Work
They put in new upper driveway and walkway with step between as well as short concrete dividing wall between upper and lower driveways. Did excellent job, were prompt and professional, but pricey. Could have gotten the work done for less, but I've found you get what you pay for, and I am not sorry I chose Backus

09/17/2012

James E.

Made an appointment but never showed or even called!

Description of Work
No service performed due to a no show appointment!

Category concrete repair, remodeling

08/07/2012

Diane C.

It took them a while to get back with me with the bid. I had to ask them for it three times. They came out right away but then it took me a week and a half to two weeks to get the bid. I just had to keep bothering them. I finally got it and did not accept the bid.

Description of Work
Backus Concrete gave me a bid for concrete work.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, mudjacking, stamped concrete

07/20/2012

David W.

They were easy to work with; they were open to using an alternative product that they haven't used before and they worked with us to complete that project of footings for our basement residents. We will continue to use the on this project.

Description of Work
We used Backus Concrete LLC to finish four of our footings yesterday.

02/10/2012

Sarah L.

Our home was built in 2006 on a hill. Although newly constructed by a well reputed builder, our foundation was poorly constructed and our site was improperly graded. No attention was paid to proper drainage, runoff, or the potential for future structural problems. The problems were overwhelming for my husband and I, who normally undertake repairs and projects ourselves. But, because our home is relatively small and the problems were fairly unusual and daunting, many companies refused to undertake the project. However, Backus (pretty much) came to our rescue.The workmanship and work ethic of the entire crew was stellar. There wasn't a single item that was underdone--they honestly went above and beyond when it came to the details. Furthermore, when unexpected issues arose, they faced those issues head on and approached them as a challenge--rather than an annoyance. In addition to the quality of work, we commend Backus on having trustworthy and reliable people working for them. We didn't once feel uncomfortable or uneasy giving the company access to our home and land. All in all, we would strongly recommend Backus to anyone needing any sort of concrete, foundation, or drainage work. They approach their work as craftsmen--something that is sorely lacking in today's construction industry.

Description of Work
Backus Concrete, LLC performed the following: 1) Foundation resurface and repair 2) Installation of foundation drains 3) Installation of curtain drain 4) Installation of gutter drains (tied into foundation drains) 5) Waterproofing of foundation after repairs 6) New driveway pad 7) Complete regrading of site to move water away from the house.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, remodeling, drain pipe, foundation repair

Grant Trucking

We install driveways.sand.dirt gravel we do demolition of old structures that needs to be torn down we build roads and repair them we also put in culvert for drainage. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Offers Coupon

American Standard Foundation Repair of NW Arkansas

We are here to help you preserve your piece of the American Dream. Your home is one of, if not the most expensive part of your American Dream. This part of the dream can be destroyed by an unlevel or cracking foundation. The foundation of your home needs to be routinely checked. Small cracks can end up causing big problems in the future. American Standard Foundation Repair of NW Arkansas specializes in the repair of concrete slab foundations, conventional beam, and joist foundations. We utilize various techniques and products appropriate for the many soil types found in our region. Our company has helped developed the Industry’s best technology for closing the gap on foundation cracks! Our Results are Fast and Guaranteed for life! Also services Sebastian and Yell Counties, and Bella Vista, Fayetteville, and Fort Smith.

Black Diamond Remodeling LLC

2022 Super Service Award

Concrete & General Contracting, Demolition, Paving Stones, Paving. Driveways, Sidewalks, Basements.