Premier Roofing LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since September 2011

2.3

875 Gun Club Rd

Cabot, AR 72023

Additional email - salesteam@premierroofingideas.com. Additional DBA - Premier Roofing PLLC, Shingle Master Co.

08/16/2022

Loren M.

Had roof installed by this company about 8 years ago. Promised professional installation, with workmanship guarantee, and professional clean up. Will credit if roofing team leaves a mess. Well, right after install which appeared to go well, found around 50 nails laying in my yard. Call Keith who came out and received all the nails I found, and asked what credit I get for such a poor job cleaning up, 50 nails is a lot of nails to miss. Was told oh I will ding their pay, well how does that compensate the home owner? Sounds like the owner Keith finds great pay savings and pockets the mess up. Kind of poor clean up guarantee when only person it benefits is the business owner and the homeowner has to suffer the risk of a unfounded nail in the foot if not found. Never received a apology. But I just moved on. Well then found 7 full unused pack of shingles I was charged for, was advised he was keeping them, I agreed on the price which included them, so he wasn't crediting me and was taking them. Fine I guess he is correct, I agreed to the price and he is well within his right to not offer a partial refund on bought and unused material. Well had lighting strike my house, had to have shingles replaced @$500. Well wasn't going to get a second bid since he is warranting this roof and feeling if someone else worked on it, he might void his roof warranty. So I ate it. Well come to today where my roof is leaking. Had Keith and his employee Royce come out to look at figuring they could find leak and area possibly workmanship in the install, warranty should cover such things. Well comes out tells me it's a flashing issue. I ask well isn't that a installation issue and therefor covered under your workmanship warranty? Nope, not our problem, we didn't replace the flashing when we did your roof. I advised them they had to have messed with tge flashing since they replaced the plywood on the original install in the same spot. Was again advised not their fault and it will come out of my pocket for 2k to fix what they should have ensured was in good repair when the worked on the area. So a $50 part 5 min of work they had to do now is their bill of 2k 8 years later because they didn't care to do the job correctly originally instead trying to save a buck or even offer to replace it for a up charge. So they did poor work and tell customers they dont truly mean they cover tgeir clean up, and definitely don't honor their workmanship. I got a inspector to come look to see if it was a covered under insurance. I was told it was leaking under a nail that wasn't properly installed, and the inspection person laughed at the repair bid from premier. I asked Keith/Royce to meet the inspector when he come out to talk over what they found and what he finds. I got a good for you buddy, you do you from Royce basically telling me they didn't want anything to do with me since I didn't just pay them, and asked a inspector to look. I later looked at some pictures from the water stains in my ceiling and they didn't line up with the nail hole completely. So since premier told me to take a hike when confronting them on their findings and warranty, I opted to have a neutral 3rd roofing guy come out and they found the damage, cause and gave me a bid for repair. Basically found the same issue Royce and Keith witb premeir found. After he was done with estimate and telling me what he found I decided to let him in on the upper events and was advised that Premier was not only the cause of the leak in their workmanship, but they failed to install normal water gaurd that would have been $50 and I wouldn't be in the pickle I'm in. Well all I can say is if offered I would have split the cost with premier, but instead they gave me the proverbial middle finger. The roof they did looks nice. But they obviously don't stand behind their work, and are all bottom line not customer satisfaction. Hire at your own risk. FYI other bids I got for the same listed repairs under cut their bid by a huge margin.

Description of Work
Failed to honor promises and warranty

Category drywall, roofing

We are saddened to hear about your experience with the 2013 installation of your roof. We hope you accept our heartfelt apology for this experience. We strive for excellence and even perfection, but we also understand that is not always achievable. Indeed, we are human and make mistakes sometimes. We may miss some nails from time to time during pickup as we typically remove many thousands. We also believe that we are quick in action when fixing a mistake. As you mentioned, we came back quickly to get the nails from your yard. Let me also say that we never ding our workers' pay, nor do we offer customer discounts for easily correctable mistakes. Similarly, we do not buy back unused materials. We do not ask for additional funds if we run short on materials either. We would rather have some left-over material than need to return to the supplier for more. Lasty, we would like to address your recent request for an estimate as well as your concerns regarding original work done in 2013. The current scope of the repair does not fall under your shingle warranty. Nor does it fall under our workmanship warranty as we did not install, repair or replace any siding or flashing. Circumstances may be different if the scope of the original job was different. We sincerely care about you as our customer and are willing to help resolve your current issue. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can further address your concerns. You can reach us 24/7 by calling (501) 519-6394. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Although your review did not convey a positive experience, we as a company will learn from it to ensure similar situations do not occur in the future.

06/10/2014

Carleen C.

Mr. Carothers did not comply with the contract agreed on. He hired unskilled workers, brought them (one or two at a time) to the house, and then left the workers with no supervision or guidance. On the rare occasion Mr. Carothers was present, he was not doing much work. Some of what he did personally had to be redone. We constantly had to purchase supplies for his people to work with. An additional $5,958.22 was spent by us to furnish said materials. We gave instructions on order of projects to complete. We left our home for two weeks, trusting Mr. Carothers to comply with our instructions. For example: #1 - finish the back bathroom, #2 - finish the kitchen, etc. We returned home to find that the contractor had not finished anything. Rather, he had initiated projects in several rooms at once, with nothing completed. Including having a subcontractor work on flooring prior to doing sheetrock mudding, painting and polyurethane application on the walls. Consequently the whole floor must be replaced, in addition to many other areas in our home. On September 26, 2012, Mr. Carothers three employees quit employment with Premier Roofing due to non-payment of salaries, and walked off the job. We reported Mr. Carothers to the Arkansas Contractors Licensing Board. In November of 2012, Jimmy Thomas, Investigator for the Contractors Licensing Board, paid on onsite visit to our home. Other that suggesting that the entire job be redone, Mr. Thomas said that "the matter best be handled by a Civil Court." Prior to the site review by Mr. Thomas, we hired two independent contractors to perform a site review. Their opinion was that nothing in the home had been done correctly. The work was shoddy, non-professional and the majority would have to be redone. Mr. Carothers sued us for non-payment of an additional $4,000.00, turned us over to collection (on 09/28/12), and placed a lien on our home. We counter-sued stating the many areas of our home that were un-livable. On January 14, 2014 a hearing was held in Lonoke County Civil Court. The outcome was that the lien be removed from our home, and Premier Roofing, Keith Carothers, had to reimburse us $2,500.00. We won ~ but lost. Our home is still in disarray, and we are repaying the home improvement loan ~ for improvements that were never done.

Description of Work
Keith Carothers, owner of Premier Roofing, contracted with us for home remodeling services.

04/08/2013

Echo H.

He was scheduled to come out on Thursday to give me the estimate, he never showed up. I called him the next day and he wouldn't answer his phone. Later that day I got an email from him, first saying that he couldn't find my house, and then saying it was too far away and he couldn't help me. He knew exactly where my house was when I set up the appointment. I feel that he couldn't find my house, so he didn't want to bother trying to find it. Very poor professionalism.

Description of Work
They were supposed to come out to give me an estimate on fixing a sagging roof.

This customer was notified that she resides outside of our service area. I recommended that she contact a company thats not located over an hour and a half away from her. I am saddened that she has chosen to give us an F rating for not being able to provide her with an estimate. If she would like, I am willing to help her find a reputable company thats in or closer to her service area but we cannot travel over 3 hours round trip to provide an estimate.

03/16/2013

Deborah C.

The overall experience was excellent. I called Keith Carothers who was prompt, professional and knowledgeable. After inspecting my roof he explained each step necessary to complete the repair and provided a detailed written estimate. Keith began the repair on schedule and his work was meticulous. Upon completion of the repair, Keith cleaned up not only the construction debris but also used his blower to clean several other unrelated areas. He said that it was his goal to leave each customer's property in better condition that it was in when he arrived and he certainly did so. Keith's work exceeded my expectations and dealing with Premier Roofing was the best experience I have ever had with a contractor. Will definitely call Keith in the future for any additional work and will recommend him to others at every opportunity.

Description of Work
Repair of a long standing leak around my rock fireplace which included removing/replacing rotten wood, insulation, water/ice barrier, step flashing, shingles and the flashing that was embedded into the rock of the fireplace.

Category insulation, roofing, chimney repair