BR McGinty Plumbing, Heating & Air

Founded 1965 • With Angi since September 2006

24320 Interstate 30 N

Bryant, AR 72022

Are you in need of heating, air conditioning, or plumbing service near central Arkansas? At BR McGinty, we provide precise and detail-oriented HVAC maintenance and repair so you never have to worry about whether or not your system is performing well. Our work is prompt, environmentally conscious,

11/20/2017

James N.

See above.

Description of Work
Removal of a failed Flood-Stop Valve on one of my attic water heaters. Tried to install a replacement despite my plumber's negative recommendation. Sure enough, the new valve failed to function properly (no fault of the plumber). So BR McGinty restored my water heater to their recommendation without charging for the additional work. I will use them again if the need arises (& listen closely to their expert opinion next time).

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/04/2015

douglas w B.

Description of Work
Installer did not program system for variable speed - called and another |tech came out to program but he seemed unsure about how to do the setup |on the fan. It seems to be working ok but I am not sure the system is |operating as it should. But let me say this company had the best price, |and everyone I have had interaction with has been very nice. I will |continue to use this company and I recommend them

12/23/2014

Mary H.

Very professional; did what they said they would do and cleaned everything up.

Description of Work
Installed a tankless water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

10/16/2014

Don J.

Could not be happier. They were available to answer our questions throughout the project. Made suggestions for our consideration, not demands as others have. Professional, personable and Friendly personnel. I cannot say enough good things about the company and their personnel! They do it all and they do it Right! Their after-installation service is great. They offer a yearly maintenance contract that is very affordable and, as always, their service techs are the height of courtesy and professionalism.

Description of Work
Older home. Put in new heating and air system.

Category gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/23/2014

Lisa W.

Description of Work
they were very quick to find where the leak was coming from and had it fixed within an hour:)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home remodeling

06/03/2014

John G E.

We called them repeatedly as the system would quit cooling. We have crazy weather here and even in winter we have some warm days. The condenser outside was going off at least every 2 days or more. It continued multiple times. On and off. They suggested we reset the condenser by disconnecting the electricity to it. But of course that wipes out any error codes so they couldnt tell what the problem was (they said). They continued to send out a guy who had no idea what he was doing. My wife specifically asked him if he wanted to look inside in the furnace closet. The guy always said no. His name was Major something. He claimed our unit was dirty and wanted to sell us a Maintenance Contract. But it wasn't dirty. Finally, I called Matt McGinty and asked that they send someone who knew what he was doing. They sent a guy named Garry who identified the problem as the coil inside that was rusted out (on a 5 ton Rheem Premier unit about 2 years old!). Replaced the coil under warranty. but sent me a bill for labor as the labor warranty was only for 2 years. I am sure their position will be that they serviced it after the 2 year period ended even though they came out many times before the 2 year period ended and never got it fixed on those occasions. BTW, did I say that their receptionist is extremely unhelpful and snotty with a real bad attitude (when I am being nice and asking why they haven't called us back when we report the continuing problem). So last week (after the coil was replaced) we had solid rain for about a week (last week of May 2014). Heavy 2 or 3 inches. Condenser quits working AGAIN!! Same problem. I call and the gal says oh Matt is out of the office for the next week and they cant send anyone over for another week anyway. I left Matt a hot message and of course AGAIN got no response. Then the 2nd McGinty bill in the mail. Now I am faced with having to replace a 2 year old 5 ton unit and also put a new coil in inside. Ask me how happy I am. Don't ever use these people. Unprofessional and incompetent.

Description of Work
They were supposed to repair my heating and air conditioning system that they installed about 2 years ago. I paid them $11,700.00 for it originally.

06/01/2014

Merideth T.

This is how a neighbor put it to me when I first moved here. She said McGinty won't necessarily be the cheapest, but they will always give you good reliable service. I have found that to be true. They show up on time. The employees are always clean, professional and courteous. The job is done right the first time. I have used them for small jobs and big ones and I have never been disappointed. I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Installed new hot water heater, repaired plumbing leaks, repaired kitchen sink faucet, repaired heating system ,

Category gutter repair

02/01/2014

David C.

10/24/2013

Janet J.

They were great. Removed their shoes before entering my home. Explained everything as they went and came in lower than their estimate. Excellent workmanship, very professional.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in tub/shower and installed new shower head in another bathroom.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

08/26/2013

Walter M.

Very fast professional work -- took maybe 45 minutes in and out.

Description of Work
Installed gas fitting, flexible pipe and cutoff for gas dryer. Owner finished the dryer installation job.

05/28/2013

Terrence M.

AOK

Description of Work
Installed a ahower head.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

03/31/2013

k G.

They always come within a day or two. They are on time and professional. I will not call anyone else for my air or plumbing needs.

Description of Work
I have used McGinty many times over the past 5 years. I have always been pleased with their work and professionalism. They have installed air units. Did the plumbing for the remodel of our kitchen and master bath. They have been here anytime I have an air or plumbing issue.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, home remodeling, drain cleaning

12/20/2012

MARGARET N.

Wonderful company and people. There were prompt and knowledgeable. I will continue to use them for all my heating/AC work in the future.

Description of Work
In 2011, they installed a new A/C unit, and they serviced it in 2012.

03/15/2012

Pamela W.

They came out 3 months ago. It is very difficult to find someone that could put a rain gutter on a sun-room. I give them the highest ratings and will use them again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
They designed and installed a specialty rain gutter on a sun-room.

Category gutter repair, handyman service

12/09/2011

KAREN K.

Everything has been very good. They usually call ahead and are on time.

Description of Work
They did maintenance at my house. I have an agreement for them to do maintenance at my house every winter and summer.

11/14/2011

DAN J.

My overall experience with them was excellent. They came out and gave me a quote. I called them again and they came back out to do the work. They came out when they said they would. They did a great job and cleaned up after themselves. The price was exactly what they had quoted. That's why I keep using them. I am pretty happy with the company.

Description of Work
I used McGinty Plumbing Heating & Cooling to put a main water line from the street to the house.

08/09/2011

Cathy W.

We were under the gun to get heating into our home quickly as my father was being released from the hospital the day the heating went out! McGinty brought in temporary portable heating units and completed the work (and extras) in an amazingly quick time frame and for a very reasonable cost. We were treated like family. I absolutely would recommend them for your HVAC needs!

Description of Work
Evaluation, removal, and installation of heating system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

07/26/2011

DAN J.

I've been using them for a long time and their price is always good. I use them because they are excellent.

Description of Work
I used McGinty Plumbing for plumbing.

02/20/2011

Steven B.

The salesman was very profesional and responsive during all the early phases when we were working through details. He was consistently professional and helpful. Once work started, the crew seemed to be helpful as well, but I found I had to continually repeat my requirements for the duct layout. They would agree and say they understood, and then proceed with total disregard for the restrictions I needed them to comply with. Most of these deviations they eventually reworked after much frustration, but one return line they seemed unwilling to fix adequately and said I was unreasonable. But they never did explain why my simple solution couldn't be done. And during their last visit, after a long discussion, I thought we agreed to a solution, but they proceeded to ignore that and made a quick fix that didn't meet my expressed requirements and looked poorly done. After the job, I hired a third party to perform a leakage test of the ductwork. They discovered significant leakage in the lines and that the likely culprit is that none of the elbow joints were properly sealed with tape (which was explicitly called out in the original proposal). I wrote a letter to the Vice President explaining these issues, but never heard back.

Description of Work
Had new HVAC system installed in our house. Included new ducts, furnace, and AC.

09/14/2006

JOHN & BRIDGET D.

McGinty did a good job on our pipe replacement. It took them no time at all to figure out where the leak was coming from and why it was happening in the first place. They cleaned up after themselves and did not make a mess in our home, which we appreciated very much. We would surely say that we were pleased with their services. I would also say that in general, my husband and I are not very comfortable having workers come to our home. The employees could not have been nicer to deal with and we felt they tried to make us at ease with having them in our home. Our home is now thirty five years old so I would guess that we will be calling them again in the future.

Description of Work
McGinty Plumbing came to our home because our bathroom sink was leaking pretty badly. Sure enough, they diagnosed the problem. One of the actual pipes had cracked and needed to be completely taken out and replaced. Although my husband handled the payment arrangements with McGinty, I would guess that we may have paid somewhere between one hundred and twenty five dollars to a hundred and seventy five dollars to have that work done in total.

09/14/2006

I was very happy with how fast Mcginty Plumbing sent someone to our house to fix the clogged toilet. They wasted no time at all getting right to work. When we made the initial call, we told them that we needed them to reseat both of our toilets. The one gentleman said that it would be no problem at all, and once they got the toilet unclogged, it was no time at all that they had reseated the seats also. The guys could not have been anymore polite to us, and the one guy, before they left, noticed that the bathroom sink had a slow drip. He took a minute before he left to tighten it down to stop the leak. We thought they were very professional.

Description of Work
We had McGinty Plumbing come in and unclog one of our toilets that kept over flowing, and we had them reseat both of our toilets seats.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

ACTR

We are a mobile repair company that specializes in handyman services, home repairs, appliance repairs, HD truck and equipment repair, lawnmower repairs, vehicle / automotive repairs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Award 2022
    Mister Sparky Central Arkansas

Available 24/7 - you can reach us anytime. We offer 24 hour emergency service, small appointment windows and prompt service. Technician Seal of Safety Certified - Highly trained, background checked, and drug-tested technicians. Comfort Qualified Company-Insured, licensed, bonded, and offering the best warranties. Premier products and equipment - you get what we install in our own homes! Neat & tidy service - your home is treated like our own...with respect and care. 100% satisfaction guarantee - if your work isn't right, we'll make it right for free. Homeowner Helper Financing - low rates, high approvals, low monthly payments.

Award 2022
    Offers by Mister Sparky Central Arkansas on Angi
    Arthur Carter Electric LLC

Arthur Carter Electric can handle any and all of your residential electrical needs. From small problems or changes around your house, to remodels and new construction, no job is too big or too small. Arthur Carter Electric's experienced electricians are respectful and tidy. We respond promptly, and bring all of our experience, knowledge, and skill to every job. Arthur Carter Electric is an owner-operated business with over 10 years of hands-on electrical experience.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Repair & Replacement- Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Duct Work, Water Lines, Gas Lines, Sewer Lines. Sheet Metal Fabrication & Installation. Water Heater. Remodel. New Construction. Tankless Water Heating. Ductless Heating & Cooling Systems.

Sewer & Duct Cleaning.