North Alabama Builders

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2010

North Alabama Builders was established in 1989. Owner, Brent Davis, has 20 years experience in the construction industry. North Alabama Builders is a family owned and operated company providing personal services based on individual needs. Our goal is to meet your expectations in quality and workmanship....

A Service Provider's profile image

+13 more images

decks & porches (14)interior painting (12)home remodeling (12)handyman (10)patio enclosures (9)roofing (9)drywall (9)house painting (8)window replacement (8)plumbers (7)electrician (7)basement remodeling (6)

Miriam M.

It was done quickly and Misty worked with me very patiently. I would 100% recommend North Alabama Builders!

Description of Work
Bathroom redo

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

John B.

Terrific. We bought this home for our niece and had it completely renovated. We live out of state and had to depend on these folks to look after everything. They took the worry out of the project. And the finished product was excellent!!!

Description of Work
Complete remodeling

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, masonry, plumbing, replacement windows, chimney caps, pressure washing, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, mudjacking

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

Kevin K.

Amazing. Very collaborative. Spent the time up front and at key points collaborating with us to get the design that would work. Very easy to work with. Did what they said. If anyone wants to reach out to me I can explain the details of how complex this was and what a great team they were.

Description of Work
Moving walls and redesign and relocation of a staircase. Very complex project.

Category contractors, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, insulation, interior designers, lighting, remodeling, chimney caps, woodworking, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

Anne K.

Brent, Misty, and crew were fabulous to work with! They are very professional and communicate extremely well. I knew what was being done every step of the way. Misty made it easy to stay if touch I needed questions answered. They allowed me to do the painting and my son to do the electrical work. I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome! We love our sunroom and get so many compliments.

Description of Work
Turned a deck into a sunroom

Category remodeling, chimney caps

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

Review for North Alabama Builders - 311 CR 1387, Vinemont, AL - 39499648

10/06/2020

Warren W.

Spoke once, then messaged address and rough specs for jon and my contact information. - Neer heard back.

Description of Work
Patio resurface

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

05/09/2019

Sharon R Livingston Stanbery H.

I requested a quote, but they said they were too busy for the work. At least they responded to my request.

Description of Work
I wanted a jacuzzi tub replaced with a shower

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/11/2021

11/23/2018

Jaime C.

They never responded. I place the request for quote weeks ago and nothing came of it.

Description of Work
Installation of a ventless fireplace and construction of enclosure to match trim

Category fireplaces, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/23/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for reaching out to North Alabama Builders through Angie’s List. I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience. We strive to contact each lead in a timely manner. Our current workload and holiday schedule has me a bit behind on office matters. If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly at 256.775.6457. Again, we appreciate you contacting North Alabama Builders through Angie’s List. Sincerely, Misty Rainwater - North Alabama Builders Brent C. Davis - Owner

10/21/2018

Paula G.

North Alabama Builders was very responsive in dealing with our storm damage. They were helpful in answering questions and solving issues with our insurance company. We would definately recommend using their service.

Description of Work
Roofing and Storm Damage Repair

Category drywall, handyman service, roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

10/04/2018

Ronda R.

Remodeled kitchen, living room, master bed and bath. Excellent job! Planning on using them again to add on a screened in porch.

Description of Work
Large Renovation

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, decks, electrician, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

10/03/2018

Tammy J.

We were so fortunate to find North Alabama Builders! Brent, Patrick & Misty were awesome they kept us informed every step of the way. We felt comfortable with Brent & Misty on day one when they came to look at the job we wanted done (which was not a easy task). Brent was extremely cautious since the job was vaulting our ceiling he brought a Engineer out 3 times to make sure it could be done properly before he accepted the job. Of course, it was not the greatest thing living thru a remodel but Brent and Patrick kept the job site clean each day! They were very respectful our home and once the job was complete they did a complete cleanup. We couldn't be happier with the way our project looks! Thank you North Alabama Builders!

Description of Work
Vaulted Ceiling

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

Review for North Alabama Builders - 311 CR 1387, Vinemont, AL - 37447390

10/03/2018

Susan M.

Very professional, time-efficient, and highly skilled!

Description of Work
Basement apartment remodel

Category closet systems, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

Review for North Alabama Builders - 311 CR 1387, Vinemont, AL - 37443578

11/28/2017

Jenny P.

Very good. We were pleased with the professionalism and quality of work done. The deck looks like it was originally built on the house and not an add on just like we wanted.

Description of Work
French door replaced and a covered deck built.

Category decks, roofing, doors

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

Review for North Alabama Builders - 311 CR 1387, Vinemont, AL - 36617168

11/17/2017

K S.

Very well. The work was done on a second home and we were confident enough of the professionalism and quality to not be there every day to monitor what was going on.

Description of Work
Total renovation of kitchen, baths, and sunroom including replacing floors, countertops, cabinetry, appliances, and sunroom windows. Also, tiling of exterior porch, exterior painting, and numerous other projects.

11/17/2017

Ronda R.

Brent and Misty are great to work with. They are both easy to get in touch with and very professional. They are extremely detailed oriented.

Description of Work
Remodel including kitchen, bath and windows.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, decks, drywall, egress windows, fencing, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, masonry, remodeling, wallpaper removal, home builders, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

10/15/2015

dave B.

Excellent craftsmanship, attention to detail, creative design ideas, and dependability are hallmarks of North Alabama Builders. The crew of Ben, Jared, and Mason were polite, respectful, and went beyond the call of duty and performed jobs other than the ones they were strictly contracted to complete. We are 100% satisfied with every aspect of the job(s) they did and recommend them highly. If you need home repairs/remodeling, North Alabama Builders should be your first (and last) call!

Description of Work
They remodeled exterior and did some interior work. Repaired large decks in front and back of the house, built new railings, painted foundation, painted interior walls, installed new vanity in bathroom, and removed popcorn ceilings.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, interior designers, masonry, remodeling, deck cleaning, home remodeling, interior painters, sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

09/25/2015

Gillie N.

I did get estimates before hiring them. One company wanted over $11,000.00, yes, I did say $11,000.00 to SCREEN it in. The cost with North Alabama Builders was around $3200.00 including labor. They arrived promptly, did their job (it took 2 days),cleaned up after themselves, and produced a lovely room. I would use them again!!!

Description of Work
He screened in a small covered patio.

Category remodeling, sunrooms, patios

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

08/12/2015

Karen T.

I travel for work so I gave them a key to my home so they could come in while I was gone to complete the job. I checked in with them a couple of times and learned the job was not done. In May I asked for my key back so I didn't have to change the locks. They responded they would drop it off Mon. or Tues. of the following week. By Fri. of that week, I asked if they were still planning on giving me my key back. Ben said he had spoken with the owner and if I could wait until the end of May, they would finish the job at no cost. They had done a previous, big job for me in 2014 that I was happy with, so I thought I'd let them make it up and finish it. That saved me from finding someone else. They didn't come. I checked in with them asking if they had completed the work as they had promised and they said no but they would take care of it. I asked when, and they never answered. Who does that? Just stops part way through a job and doesn't communicate with their customer or do what they say they are going to do. Who asks for a second chance to 'make it up' and then blows the customer off? Obviously this company does. It is now Aug. and I have contacted another company I also found on Angie's list who will hopefully get the job done.

Description of Work
In approximately Feb. of 2015 the ceiling in my 1st floor shower fell in. It was damaged from water so we obviously had a water leak. They came out, tore out the ceiling and were unable to ascertain where the leak was coming from. They laid plastic down to catch the water if it happened again. It happened again, I sent a picture of it to the lead person, Ben. They came out again, had a plumber come out and do something upstairs. The leak was declared fixed. They came back and put up waterproof sheet rock. And that is the last I have seen of them.

Category drywall, excavators, plumbing, remodeling, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 02/01/2015

07/23/2015

Lynda M.

Good work. Prompt and courteous.

Description of Work
Rebuilt deck, repainted inside of house

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

06/11/2015

Patrick C.

I got the company from Angie's List because they had the highest rating. I contacted Mr. Davis and we set up a time for him to come out and look at the project to give me an estimate. I never heard back from him. I called and left multiple messages. Its now been three weeks and still no response. It would be nice to just receive a call back to say, "Unfortunately, at this time, our schedule is full. Try back in 6 months." I can respect the truth, I cant respect blowing me off.

Description of Work
Add bathroom, two bedrooms, and game room to unfinished upstairs.

Work Completed On 05/26/2015

03/03/2015

Brian R.

I requested that they come to give me an estimate for a bathroom and two bedrooms to finish out my basement. I never heard from the company at all. That's it. BTW< I only added a date of last contact because it was required.

Description of Work
Nothing at all.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/01/2015

02/09/2015

Karen T.

It was a lengthy project. They did what they said they were going to do and were very concerned about quality. They engaged their family members to put things back in order, were friendly and professional. It was evident that they cared about doing quality work and were responsive to our questions.

Description of Work
Restoration from broken water pipe. New flooring through out first level, painting entire first level, repair sheet rock, remove mold, replace trim.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

07/25/2014

J M W.

How'd it go? It didn't go!

Description of Work
Called to make an appointment for an estimate for a replacement deck. Spoke with Mr. Davis, he was very personable and we had a fairly long chat. I remarked that he was a long way from us and wondered whether he even did business in our area, he assured me he did and it would be no trouble to travel to our house. This was on a Friday, he said he would call back Monday or Tuesday to set up an appointment. He never called back.

Category decks