Adams Home Repair

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2010

4.3

7237 Old Railroad Bed Rd

Toney, AL 35773

At Adams Home Repair quality is are first concern. We want you to become a happy customer that will call on us again for your home repair or improvement needs. We endeavor to keep our rates competitive. We complete most projects using are own staff.

06/19/2019

Patricia D.

Painting was not good, it has not been a year and the paint is already coming off of my porches, tried to contact company but he did not respond back.

Description of Work
Painting, repairing fence.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters

Not sure what is going on here all application instructions were followed and concrete was properly prepared. In addition the brand and type of paint was selected by the customer. a second coat was applied for free due to someone in my opinion attempting to place furniture to soon to painted surfaces. Also the cost listed for painting the concrete is not correct. Please see the previous report on this matter. I also feel that multiple listings of this matter are unfair and is an attempt to further devalue my grade average.

06/19/2019

Patricia D.

I just done a rating about 30 minutes ago for Adams repair and I put the incorrect year he painted the front porch and patio, small areas of concrete, just trying to correct the date The year was 2018 of October, not 2019 which has not occurred yet.

Description of Work
Painting Concrete patio and concrete front porch, small areas.

Category decks, handyman service, house painters

06/18/2019

Patricia D.

My Concrete patio and front porch was painted in October of 2019 and the paint is already coming off, chipping and looks horrible, these are small areas, not a large porch or a large patio. I tried to reach Eric by text, by phone, and Angie's List in June of 2019, but no reply, but I did receive a call from his telephone on yesterday, June 18, 2019 and I heard him talking to some one else, but when I answered someone just hung the phone up hard in my face, very, very hard. I trusted Eric with painting the areas and I would not be contacting him if the Job was done correctly and this is not good customer service, this is not my fault. I would like to request some of my money back so I can get someone to paint it correctly, but he will not contact me back and this is one reason I am letting people know that he does not paint good concrete.

Description of Work
Eric and some of his hired young workers painted my concrete patio and concrete front porch.

Category decks, handyman service, house painters

Not sure whats happening here Ms [Member Name Removed] porches were cleaned and prepared properly for the paint. Ms [Member Name Removed] also requested we use the brand she selected could be a manufactures defect as all application instructions were followed.

07/24/2018

Patricia D.

Eric the owner repaired the fence and he was so professional, he listened and did a superior job on the fence. I would recommend him again.

Description of Work
Repair wooden fence

Category fencing, handyman service, woodworking

11/08/2016

Teresa A.

Performed all work to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Hang curtain rods, drapes, and large quilt on a wall.

09/26/2016

Patrick D.

They never responded.

Description of Work
Hard wood flooring

Category carpet installation

05/18/2016

Amanda F.

Description of Work
No response from provider when attempting to schedule service.

Category handyman service

Sorry for the delayed response I was not yet familiar with the new Angie's list platform.

04/15/2016

Katherine N.

Description of Work
Hey never called me back.

Category handyman service

Sorry for the delay I was not yet familiar with the new Angie's list platform.

03/08/2016

Karen V.

After prompt email initial contact, did not reply to emails to schedule the work. Never called. Even Angie's List Customer Service could not get him to reply by phone or email. If you are frustrated by contractors who have your money and won't communicate, then this provider may not be for you. He may do great work if you can get him to return your calls, but from the reviews it looks like I'm not the only one who had a problem.

Description of Work
Purchased Big Deal of Handyman for a Day. Planned to do a little painting or siding repair. I paid for the services but they were never performed.

Category handyman service, house painters, interior painters

Scheduling and communication problems I do not have this customers money it was refunded.

02/26/2016

Joshua S.

Excellent job, would highly recommend. Prompt, courteous, and professional. Quality work!

Description of Work
Repaired some leaking door threshold around patio door by replacing the threshold completely.

Category handyman service, doors

Challenging job had to locate a threshold that would work for this door and then custom fit it. Everything worked out great and the door is better then new now.

10/14/2015

Elizabeth A.

Still use him. He's my new handyman!

Description of Work
Put down linoleum, replaced rotted wood, painted...

Category handyman service, woodworking

Great people super nice house it was a pleasure to help them out.

10/10/2015

Thomas W.

Arrived on time, did work did it well, took time to adjust the lights and offered to come back and do final adjustments

Description of Work
Eric was great! he did exactly what I wanted the way I wanted it done. Installed motion security lights.

Category handyman service

Great guy he uses my service regularly just went buy there today.

10/01/2015

linda M.

It went very well. Very considerate gentleman. Did not mind grandchild being so nosey or mind the big dogs. Excellent work ethic. Strongly recommend for odd jobs and/or to resolve those little issues that need to get done.

Description of Work
Fixed doors, screens, install garbage disposal.

Category handyman service, doors

Great lady great job it was a mountain climb to get there but well worth the trip. She even drove down the mountain and traveled a good distance to get some parts I needed.

08/18/2015

Trevor H.

Due to scheduling conflicts on both our sides, work was delayed till this month (beyond the Big Deal time limit). Two man crew showed up at the house a little later than expected, but when they arrived, they set right about doing the work necessary. Column bases were rebuild and attached to the existing columns after all the rot had been removed. Similarly, sofit area was opened up and additional rot to roofing members was found. After 4 hours, columns and sofit areas were repaired and everything put back in the order that it began. Quality of the work appears to be very good. I am pleased with how the work was done and the care to do it right. So hard finding good quality tradesmen these days. I will be more than happy to use Eric and his crew again. And while I was past the promotional time of the Big Deal, Eric honored it and did not charge for the additional hour required to complete the work. Again, his services will be used again for general handiwork needed.

Description of Work
Provider was hired thru a Big Deal (7 man hours) for $199. Adams home Repair was hired to remediate wood rot in porch columns and some sofit areas. Two columns and about 4 feet of sofits were to be repaired.

Category handyman service, woodworking

As customer stated we had a bit of trouble getting or schedules together. Glad we could get it done though and show him the quality work we are proud of.

08/09/2015

Jeanie C.

On July 9, 2015 I purchased handyman services for a day. After several days and no word from the company I called them. Only got voicemail and left a message. A couple of days later the company responded not by returning my call but via an email thru Angie's List saying he'd make contact soon. More days go by and nothing. I call again and again only get voicemail - no answer. Left another message and again got an email thru Angie's List saying he's really busy, especially this time of year, and would get with me. Welllllll, if you're that busy why would you advertise on Angie's List and then not be able to provide responsive service to those that paid for services? Anyway, called a last time asking that he contact me via my telephone and not thru Angie's List and that if he couldn't perform the services just let me know and I'd cancel and go elsewhere. Never heard another word from him...please refund my money.

Description of Work
Nothing - not even call me after I left several voice messages for him!

Category handyman service

I am very upset with this customer. We are very busy this time of year. I addressed her concerns and told her I would get her on the schedule as soon as possible. There are customers that have been patiently waiting but she wanted to cut in line and be put at the top of the list. This I will not do and for that I received an F this is an F I will gladly take for the good of the other customers.

07/31/2015

Steve S.

Great experience. Eric was very professional and timely. Work was done right and he arrived on time and did exactly what was expected. I'll definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Trimmed interior doors, adjusted exterior doors, caulked tub

Category handyman service, woodworking

Everything went great on this job. Hope to here from you again soon.

07/17/2015

Keri B.

I called the number listed here to speak with Mr. Adams regarding the scope of work he is able to do with the "Big Deal". I did not get an answer so I left a message, explaining what I needed in regards to a return call. About 10 minutes later I receive a call, and an angry sounding female demands to know "Who is this?" I replied with my name, and as she obviously did not know me, she asked again "Who?" I then demanded just as rudely who was calling me. She replied with the company's name, and asked me what I wanted. I told her, and she said she didn't know but that she would have him call me back. I have not received a return call, nor do I expect to. Even if I did, I definitely would not hire this company at this point. Unprofessional to say the least.

Description of Work
Did not hire

Category handyman service

I sincerely apologize to this customer for this misunderstanding. We had been bombarded that day by an annoying relentless telemarketer. My secretary was annoyed and that is why she answered the phone in this manner. Never the less this was unacceptable and she has been reprimanded.

06/19/2015

Karen K.

Installed TV mount and TV on patio wall, Solar powered motion sensor light, hooks on patio as well along fence for flowers/plants, hose pipe holder on side of house. He arrived on time, very professional. Some items I had purchased for installation were not the correct items, left to purchase the correct items, upon returning both times, had finished everything he could accomplish as well as looked after my inside dog, that I left outside. I will definitely use the company again. I am very happy with all the work.

Description of Work
Handy work around the outside of the house

Category garage doors, handyman service

Nice lady and a friendly dog had a great time completing this work.

06/17/2015

Don H.

Outstanding work, very knowledgeable and excellent results

Description of Work
Railing repair, Ceiling Repair/painting

Category handyman service, interior painters

Thanks very much for the compliments it was a pleasure to help you out.

03/21/2015

JD J.

I had a list and Eric was great! He just started on it and kept going! He was very patient with me and the madhouse that was my home that day. A couple of days later, there was an issue with a hole that a plumber had drilled through my outer wall. Eric went to my house, in the rain, and sealed it off! He was wonderful!

Description of Work
Installed a new gate latch, purchased and installed new insulation around the edges of my garage door, put up two shelves in the garage, put up a section of RainHandler under a problematic section of my roof .

Category garage doors, handyman service

Super nice lady I couldn't ask for a better customer. She is very understanding and accommodating she even gave us gator aid when we were thirsty.

12/16/2014

GREG B.

He did excellent work and a great overall job. The company is really close to my house so it is not a problem for him to come do work. He is skilled with woodworking and does things I can’t do.

Description of Work
He did several minor things and mostly worked on hanging doors and doing some trim work.

Category doors

10/08/2014

Sarath B.

I needed a ceiling fan installed, but I was told that the service provider felt that I needed an electrician in order to do the work.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from this provider.

Category handyman service

There seems to be a misunderstanding about this job. I had a request to install outdoor flood lights on this customers home and run new wiring for them. That is out of the scope of what I do and would be best left to an electrician. I was unaware that the customer wanted a ceiling fan hung until I read there review.

11/15/2013

Tina M.

It went very good, we had water damage and knew that the floor needed to be repaired but did not know the extent of the damage until the flooring was removed. Eric estimated the cost of the job very well. Where he had to replace the floor down to the joists he made sure that it was firmly attached to the joists by adding extra supports.

Description of Work
Removed kitchen flooring, removed some sub floor all the way down to the joists. Replaced all sub-floor and flooring. Laid the new vinyl tiles and grout. Replaced the shoe molding with new molding and stained the molding where it was next to the cabinets.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, water damage restoration, woodworking

These customers were great to work for. It is understandably difficult for someone to have there kitchen worked on well they are living at there home but thanks to there patience and understanding the job went very smooth.

06/03/2013

Annie W.

The person was on time, completed work when he promised, and price was competitive.

Description of Work
Painted 2 apartments.

Category handyman service, house painters

Repairs were also performed in these units and extensive prep work was necessary. I felt that my price and quality were excellent.

09/02/2011

Jay S.

Excelant effort, just seemed to drag for completion.

Description of Work
On first call asked to check chimney for leak and re-caulk a seam on our porch flooring that had deteriorated through the years. Job was done satisfactorily. Asked to give bid on remodel of small bathroom in guest bedroom; water damaged. Bid was reasonable, work performed: check wall for leak paint walls install new floor tiles install new vanity and sink Work was completed to our satisfaction; time to complete project seemed to drag out. Eric was there every day when promised.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, chimney repair, home remodeling, interior painters

These clients were a pleasure to work for very nice people. In response to completion of project seeming to drag out. I ran in to unanticipated project details which required extra time and trips to acquire materials that were necessary to complete this job.