Budget Siding & Windows

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2012

We are family owned and operated. We pride ourselves in using quality products, providing outstanding service and complete customer satisfaction. For over 25 years we have helped our neighbors get the latest in up-to-date energy saving products available at affordable prices. We at BUDGET, do not

siding companies (35)window replacement (16)gutter repair (13)decks & porches (4)door installation (2)window treatment (2)

01/28/2021

Jacqueline S.

The work on my mother’s home was performed professionally, completed in a timely manner, and exceeded my expectations. Rick Hinkle was absolutely awesome to work with. I felt comfortable & confident that he operated his business with honesty & integrity. He responded promptly to my initial call, was alway available, and kept me updated regularly throughout the process. I would gladly endorse & recommend Budget Siding & Windows.

Description of Work
Replaced old vinyl soffits, rotted wood & gutters

Category decks, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

09/11/2020

David C.

The work by Rick and his crews turned out great. Everything was above board and as promised. Their attention to detail was outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
New siding, gutters, and shutters

Category decks, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

Review for Budget Siding & Windows - PO Box 622, Pleasant Grove, AL - 38866595

09/09/2020

Karen L.

I was very satisfied with the work done. Very courteous and professional. On time and great communication. When the work was completed, everything was left clean and tidy. I would certainly use this provider again.

Description of Work
New windows installed

Category decks, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

07/20/2020

Victor S.

As I decided to add siding to my house I didn’t know where to go so my first move was to go to Angies list. First, I called all the big companies and got a quote from them which was out of my budget then I found Rick, and this company and hired them for the job. I got a reasonable price which ended up being way under the other quotes I received. I read the reviews and decided to use Rick and his company. Overall impressed with the job, my house looks brand new and the craftsmanship was excellent. Definitely would recommend to everyone. His work is as good and even better than other companies. Rick is an A+ class person, he is always answering his phone and stands behind his work, and he fixes the wrong. If you need vinyl siding call Rick before anyone else you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

03/05/2019

Trey B.

Rick Hinkle (owner of the company) came to my house two different times on the weekend to discuss our project with my wife and I. He was great to deal with on a personal level and was honest throughout the process. He communicated exactly when his crew would start the project and also when he expected them to finish. His crew installed 13 new windows, new CraneBoard siding, new gutters, new shutters, new vents, new soffit, and installed a new french back patio door at my house. They started on a Monday and finished the following Tuesday.

Description of Work
Window Replacement, Siding, Gutter Installation, French Door Installation

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

09/19/2018

david P.

30 windows replaced and aluminum wrapped, vinyl to back of house, gutters removed and vinyl eaves placed, facia covered with metal as well. Yes, my home is maintenance free! Perfect install and overall process. One year later and still no leaks or problems. I really like the Windcore 7700 series vinyl window. Dropped by summer power bill in half and winter gas bill by a third. Jackie is a good and honest person and all work was completed on time.

Description of Work
30 windows, vinyl siding, door replacement, vinyl eaves.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

03/07/2018

Robert C.

Excellent job. The difference is in the details. They had a device that allowed them to form the trim to create brick mold trim. Only one other company I had price the job could do that. That estimate was 8 K more. All runs were straight, and edges trimmed nicely. Rick was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Thicker siding was standard. I had I had 5 estimates. Not all companies offers had the same options, so it is hard to compare prices. Taking all variable into account Rick was the best value. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Siding, Gutters, replace molding

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

02/19/2018

Michael P.

Based on my research the price was fair, and much less than other quotes. I got quotes from 3 other companies: one for $10,747 (no grids), one $10,095, and one for $13,487. It took 2 days to remove and replace the existing windows, and a day and half to retrim them. They are much nicer than what I had before, and I am happy with them.

Description of Work
Replaced 14 aluminum windows with Wincore 5400 double hung vinyl windows with grills/grids.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/11/2018

01/09/2018

Kim T.

We could not be happier!!! Our home is beautiful!!!! Mr.Hinkle is absolutely wonderful. He is extremely nice and accommodating. His estimate was the lowest of 4 contractors listed on this site. It was half of one of the well known companies. I guess you have to pay extra for the commercials. Mr. Hinkle and his staff (Robert and a couple other gentlemen) were very professional, and not only did they do an excellent job at siding my house, they cleaned up everything as well. They also installed 4 windows that we already had. The high price company stated that it would take several months to work us in the schedule to side our house. Mr. Hinkle scheduled the job within about a week from the initial decision to go with his company and it was complete in a week.....Our house looked beautiful for the Holidays. I would recommend Budget Siding to anyone........ you can't go wrong with choosing Mr. Hinkle's company.

Description of Work
Vinyl Siding

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

11/08/2017

William W.

Can't say enough good things about Rick Hinkle, Robert and his crew, and the people at Budget Siding and Windows. Rick was clear and consistent in his communication, very personable, and an all around pleasure to work with. Robert and his crew did an excellent job in a very timely manner. The price was very fair and the quality of work was outstanding. We got other estimates and Budget's was the best. They even cleaned up well at the end of the job. It's so refreshing to have this positive of an experience with a company.

Description of Work
Had all the vinyl siding replaced on our house including soffits, fascia, shutters, gutters, and downspouts. Also had several new windows installed.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, window treatments

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

10/30/2017

Berkley L.

Rick and Jackie responded promptly to my inquiry. Rick came to my home, took measurements and submitted an estimate within days of my initial contact. Rick willingly met with me and my wife to review/discuss options, colors, details. We made our selections, accepted Rick's reasonable estimate and the work began.Workers arrived each day; were courteous and professional; performed their work conscientiously and meticulously; seemed genuinely interested in providing high quality results; and thoroughly cleaned premises at the conclusion of their work. During the process, Rick did exactly what he said he would do and did it exactly when he said he would do it. I had some anxiety concerning our rather large (to me) project, but Budget Siding a fine job at a reasonable price with no surprises. Final price was just as estimated.

Description of Work
Replaced siding, windows and gutters.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

05/20/2017

Ginger M.

After calling several vinyl siding installers and receiving ridiculous price quotes, I called Budget Siding. I met with the owner, Rick, just a few days later and was pleasantly surprised at the quote. Once we settled on the details, it was just a few weeks later that the work started. The crew was professional and polite. It took about two weeks. They cleaned up all the construction mess very well. I also had faux stone installed with great results. I highly recommend Budget Siding.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding installation

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

05/03/2017

Jeffrey T.

Budget was very responsive and the price was very reasonable. Job took longer than expected but I was very please with the work.

Description of Work
Siding for the back of the house (3-sides brick), eaves and gutter replacement.

Work Completed On 05/02/2016

03/28/2017

Albert H.

Siding Installer showed up when promised, did a weeks worth of work and even completed the work on a Saturday morning so the gutter people could do the work on Monday. Had a minor concern and spoke to the owner of the company when he came to inspect the work, and he had the concern handled the next morning. Very pleased with the professional work and courtesy of all involved.

Description of Work
vinyl siding of entire two story house with gutters all around

Work Completed On 03/28/2017

01/03/2017

John Q.

well, thy had to return to fix one problem which they did quickly.

Description of Work
Siding on both upper ends of the house.

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

09/24/2016

Mark W.

So thankful for Rick and his team. His estimate was 2/3 the cost of what 2 other well-known companies quoted us. I looked at the great Budget siding reviews on Angie's List and the decision was made. Could not have made a better choice. His guys did a complete siding wrap of the house in tough 90 degree heat and did a fantastic job. Rick called me almost every day to keep me informed as the job progressed. His guys were very detail oriented. And they did a great job cleaning up when the job was done. We have gotten some wonderful compliments from neighbors since the job was done. Would not hesitate to recommend Rick and his guys!!

Description of Work
Whole house siding replacement and chimney cap

Work Completed On 09/24/2016

05/12/2016

SUZANNE H.

The job went great, Rick was prompt and courteous and very patient with me as I made my style and color decisions. He did everything he said he would, there were some manufacturing issues with the siding due to my special order and Rick went above and beyond to correct the problem. He communicated the details and timeline with me so I knew what to expect. The crew who worked at my home were great guys, my reason for the B rating on professionalism is because they were smokers and were not tidy with their cigarette butts. I would recommend Budget Siding and Windows, Rick and the guys are very knowledgeable and always took time to answer my questions. My home looks great! Months later when I needed an itemized receipt Rick and Jackie were very responsive sending me what I needed within the hour. Thanks Suzanne

Description of Work
Installed siding, replaced rotten wood, wrapped windows and doors, installed 9 windows, installed gutters.

Work Completed On 04/02/2015

10/09/2015

Gary G.

Outstanding job in quality, seal and appearance. Very professional service and perfect cleanup. We would definitely use this provider again for anything that they do.

Description of Work
Replaced siding and sealed flashing around chimney

Work Completed On 10/04/2015

05/30/2015

Rob R.

Very impressed with the overall service. I had estimates from 2 "brand name" / big box retailers that were both over twice the cost. The owner Rick came out, measured our home, gave us a firm estimate and a start date of a couple weeks out. He contacted us about a week later to say he had a crew available and could start a week sooner. Despite it raining most days, they only took 7 days to install the siding and wrap all our windows, doors, sofit and trim. They even fixed a couple of loose gutters at no charge. His crew was very courteous, professional, and cleaned up after themselves daily. The finished siding looks great and I wish I had contact Rick sooner since the last time I paid to have the existing Masonite siding painted was around $7000, I'm a very detailed oriented person and I can't find a single flaw in finished product. I will not hesitate to recommend Rick and his company to those needing siding, windows or a deck.

Description of Work
Installation of vinyl siding and wrapping of all trim and windows.

Work Completed On 04/20/2015

05/23/2015

William L.

They began on Tuesday and finished on Monday working around the perimeter of the house. Workmanship was excelent and the finished job was beautiful. Price was 40% below other companies and the work could not have been better. This is the company we have all wanted .to find. Their overhead is kept very low and their craftsmanship is very high. I can't say enough about the way Budget Siding does business.

Description of Work
fixed shimney, installed one new window, installed new vinyl siding on chimney, replaced soffit and eaves.

Work Completed On 05/12/2015

05/02/2015

Joseph W.

Rick was very prompt in responding to our initial request for a quote, came out and was able to quickly give us a very reasonable estimate for siding. Once we agreed on a color and a time to begin, his crew was able to get the siding done on the house in 4 days. We then decided to replace the windows in the house and again, the quote for very high quality windows was much less than expected. It took about a week after we ordered the windows for them to come in, and all of the windows were replaced in under 3 days. During the process, we discovered that the studs and framing around a couple of windows in our older Homewood house had rotted due to moisture damage - these would have to be replaced and new dry wall would have to be put up. Again, the quote and the quality of the work done was excellent, and this work was done in a timely fashion. Rick's crew is terrific - professional, punctual, and high quality.

Description of Work
replaced siding and all (13) windows, repaired rotten studs around two of the windows and put up new drywall

Work Completed On 05/02/2015

03/22/2015

Frances C.

The owner-Mr. Hinkle- is very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions about vinyl siding and how he would address particular problems we were having with dormer windows. He gave me a detailed estimate and the actual work did not go over that amount. The estimate was very reasonable. He was available by phone and e-mail whenever we had questions or concerns. He regularly checked in on the work crew and with us. The work crew used by this company for the siding was professional, courteous, and happy to answer any questions we had. They cleaned up after themselves every day and left the job site totally free of debris. The work performed was outstanding and the finished product looks wonderful. We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
The provider's work teams replaced my steps and landing leading up to front porch, installed gutter guards, and installed vinyl siding on the whole house, except the brick on the front of the house (1 and 1/2 story).

Work Completed On 01/30/2015