North Shelby County Animal Hospital

With Angi since July 2006

2689 Pelham Pkwy

Pelham, AL 35124

We are a full service Veterinary Clinc. We have been practicing in Shelby County since 1999

10/12/2016

Laura C.

05/18/2016

Tom M.

05/18/2016

Tom M.

12/18/2014

Kristina E.

Description of Work
Had a 12 year old cat that had never had shots or exam. They were wonderful with him and he actually wanted to stay and roam around a bit. Very friendly and will use from now on.

10/01/2014

Alex F.

07/15/2014

Abby R.

They were very caring and treated her like she had been their patient forever. The surgery took one day and she had to be in a cage for six weeks with a cast. She was two or three at the time and was great after that.

Description of Work
Our dog had blown out her back knee and they had to do surgery on her.

07/09/2014

William C.

Things were very good with them. I was very pleased with them. They are pricey. They have a very warm and friendly environment. The communication with them was excellent. They do allow the owner and the pet into the exam room at the same time. They are with the animals as they do the examination and all the various things that are involved in the routine check-up & inoculation that takes place. It is a very good place in that regard and a lot of open conversation that is helpful.

Description of Work
I used North Shelby Animal for veterinary services.

06/25/2014

Charlene S.

They wanted $18.00 a day per cat (3 cats) to be confined in a small cage where they would be exposed to barking dogs. That is $54.00 a day to feed them and clean a litter box. That is outrageous plus the facility didn't look that clean and the three employees/techs were not professional plus had an attitude when asked why they were so expensive.

Description of Work
I drove over to the clinic to see about boarding my cats or possibly having someone come to my house once a day to feed them.

05/31/2014

SANDRA M.

Description of Work
They care for our current 2 dogs and 1 cat. They have also cared for our previous "babies." Everyone in that business is exceptionally kind, empathetic, attentive and professional. I can't imagine using anyone else.

04/22/2014

MORGAN A C.

Description of Work
Annual exam and shots, grooming.

09/18/2013

MARY J D.

The vet we saw, Brook Jordan, was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We are new to this area so she was giving me information above and beyond about stuff like dog classes and agility classes and so on and so forth. She was a great resource.

Description of Work
I last used North Shelby County Animal Hospital a couple of weeks ago to get the puppy shots.

07/29/2013

Kevin G.

Everything went fine. I went in to drop off my dog when they first opened on Friday morning. They took my dog right back and told me to have a good day. After the surgery they called and let me know that everything went fine. When I went to pick her up the next day they brought me back to talk to the vet and she gave me instructions on how to take care of her. This was on a Saturday and I had almost no wait. The only thing that I did not like about the process was the pain killers that they provided after the surgery. They charged me about $50.00 for a few pills which I am sure cost them about $5.00. I have no problem with a company making a profit on their products and services, but this was a ridiculous mark up. With all that said, I would still use them again, and will.

Description of Work
Spay my female golden retriever

07/19/2013

Ashley T.

I had my 2 dogs boarded for a total of 5 days. One of the dogs was given up to date vaccinations. I was called on my trip to inform me that the other dog had a rash that needed treatment. They provided the medicine at a reasonable cost. I think they took very good care of my dogs. The price of boarding was not bad if all I was boarding was one dog. I think a small discount should be given to boarding of multiple dogs. The only problem I had with them was when I picked up the dog. They were somewhat busy when I arrived. I told them I had to pick up the dogs with their food and get heartguard along with it. They brought the dogs out relatively fast and I paid the bill. I got the dogs almost out the door when I realized that I had not gotten their food or heartguard. I had to wait several minutes before they were given to me. During the wait, I looked at the bill and realized they had charged me twice for one day. The receptionist or vet tech refunded me my money and I was finally able to leave. I think they process would have been better had there been more people up front to help out so that waiting time could have been reduced. Overall, I was very impressed by them and will be going back in the future.

Description of Work
Boarding, vaccinations, and treatment.

06/26/2013

Michael B.

It went very well, very professional, and friendly. The staff answered all of our questions, our dogs were well treated and we will use their services again. Great experience.

Description of Work
Boarding, shots, and grooming.

10/12/2012

Ann Marie D.

We stumbled upon this place in 2007 during a pet emergency when our then regular vet's office was closed. They were helpful and kind and always able to see us right away if there was a problem so we stayed. They took care of our elderly cat for several years. We got a new puppy a year ago and although we no longer live in Pelham, it was the best place for us so we went back. Same great place. They have seen me same day when I was worried about my dog, send me email reminders when it is time for a vaccine, quickly fax records when I need to board, etc. Great place.

Description of Work
Cared for our ailing dog during an emergency in 2007. Was our cat's vet for years until he passed away at age 18. Have been our vet this past year for our newest canine addition.

06/25/2012

Jake E.

I give them an A rating and I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I used North Shelby County Animal Hospital and we had our dog up there this weekend. We had him there a month or so ago to have him checked out too.

05/03/2012

Joe L.

We used them about 2 weeks ago because my dog had an ear infection. We have used them about 10 to 12 years and we would give him an A rating .

Description of Work
I used North Shelby County Animal Hospital for my Veterinarian needs.

04/24/2012

Faye D.

We've been going to North Shelby County Animal Hospital for several years and have been extremely pleased with their professional, caring and knowledgeable doctors and staff.

Description of Work
Today, I refilled heartworm and pain medicines for my elderly dogs (2) and cat. North Shelby County Animal Hospital's prescription prices are comparable to other online places.

02/14/2012

BRYAN R.

I am very happy with their services.

Description of Work
I took my dog in for vaccinations.

05/12/2011

Katie G.

I was pleased with how everything turned out. I haven't had much interaction with the vet as I usually drop my dog off on my way to work. He seems happy and unafraid of the staff and that makes a big difference to me.

Description of Work
I've taken my miniature schnauzer to this clinic several times. They have convenient hours and the staff is very nice. I had his teeth cleaned and it went very well and the price was fairly reasonable. I will use them again.

05/12/2011

Vickie P.

I brought my 20-year-old cat, Peaches, in for skin problems and she was losing her hair. This was the first time I used this facility and loved it! Dr. Jordan was very thorough and informative and made us feel like we were her only patients. She knew exactly what was wrong and educated me on what to expect in peaches' final years, also recommending a dry cat food good for senior kidneys, Royal Renal LP. She later followed up with a phone call explaining all lab results. Their website allows you to log online to your account and pet's history. All staff is friendly and responsive. Well-staffed and the tech joined us in the room with the doctor the entire time so he would also understand treatment needed. Price includes lab work. Great place, bright and cheery!!

Description of Work
Services were a head-to-tail physical examination for my 20-year-old cat, treatment, lab work, and all questions answered.

10/14/2010

Edward D.

I have used North Shelby Animal Hospital for my dogs for quite a few years. They take great care of my elderly Lab and I depend upon them to board them while I'm out of town. Boarding fees are reasonable and the care is excellent.

Description of Work
Five night boarding for two dogs plus annual check-up and shots for my elderly lab. The charges also included a 60 day supply of anti-inflamatory meds for the lab.

05/22/2010

Amy C.

When I called in a panic, they told me to bring him right in. There was no waiting, the doctor came right in. She and the vet tech lifted our heavy baby onto the table for exam - sometimes, they don't do that. After a VERY complete exam and x-rays, we were put on a very strict diet, anti-imflammatory meds and pain meds. The doc spent almost an hour just with us. She even took the time to hand-write specific instructions on what to do at home, when to come back for checkups, how much food to feed, what treats to give, etc. However, she then told me that she was leaving the practice, so after a few weeks she would be gone. Bummer. The next week I made an appointment for his follow-up. I had to see a different doctor. No biggie. I think there are a total of 3 docs in the practice, and all are stellar. It's just that sometimes you want to have the same person doing all of the treatment, because they may be able to see similarities/differences from your last visit. Overall, I couldn't be more satisfied with this vet practice. They take care of both of my babies and do a great job. They are not cheap, but I haven't found a vet that is, yet. Also, their hours are outstanding.

Description of Work
Our overweight Corgi was having severe complications from hip dysplasia. He couldn't even walk. We took him in for help, he was in so much pain. He had a complete exam and x-rays. He received medicine and a new diet plan.

07/18/2006

BILL G.

We've used this facility for three years and the staff is very good with our dog. They walk him while we're gone and the area is clean and spacious. There's also a play area for the dogs. They offer a good service.

Description of Work
North Shelby boarded our collie for four days.

07/11/2006

It is an incredible kennel and they are very caring. The staff is extremely friendly and I have recommended them to lots of people. My dog loves the kennel and they spoil him.

Description of Work
They boarded my dog Sundance for 5 days. They played ball with him and gave him daily exercise.

Veterinarians
    Animal Boarding Kennels

Veterinary, medical, surgical, pet care & animal boarding.