Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Birmingham

Founded 1953 • With Angi since July 2006

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Birmingham! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+16 more images

4.2

window replacement (86)patio enclosures (15)siding companies (13)door installation (9)decks & porches (8)general contractors (7)roofing (4)window treatment (3)gutter repair (3)HVAC Companies (1)concrete repair (1)

01/25/2022

Reg A.

Sales representative (David Dunlap) from the Pelham, Alabama office met with us to inspect window and door replacement needs at our home in Tuscaloosa. A very professional and detailed presentation of the products was given. All our questions were answered in detail. Details pertaining to future delivery of services was also provided. We entered into a contract for select services based on the presentation.

Description of Work
Received inspection and quote only. Contract signed for future window and door installation.

Work Completed On 01/25/2022

12/21/2021

Joe T.

The salesman was very knowledgeable and professional . He arrived on time and gave a very convincing presentation . The windows were ordered and they came out two days later to get a proper measuring . We are now waiting the approximately 10 weeks to be installed.

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/20/2021

08/27/2021

Mrs B.

Met with John Maenza this morning at my house. He did a great presentation, helping us to look at all the features of champion windows. I had done my homework on potential problems and he answered my question with courtesy and treated us with respect. By the time he left we felt confident in him and the company.

Description of Work
window replacement

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

07/22/2021

Kasey F.

Champion windows is unresponsive, it take several attempts to have a representative contact, during & after our installation. Our windows were misorded, arrived broken, and the job site was left a complete mess. Champion ordered 3 windows incorrectly & one arrive broken. We had to continuously call them to track down to have our 3 windows put in & one repaired. The debris left on site, broken glass, nails, trash, ended with a nail in my car tire & having hire a clean up crew to help pick up the hard to clean up glass & debris. The window payne around our picture window inside the house was badly beat up & damaged, the install team put colored Chaulk to hide it. Additionally, the crew put white trim around our windows, when we ordered grey. The crew leaders left for 2.5 to go get the correct color. I was the one who caught their error after they put the white trim up around the picture window. Crew admitted to not checking the inventory for our job before they arrived to start our job. It’s beyond repairable and need replaced. The install team cut our siding, two big cut marks on our hime. 2nd time Champion came to right their wrong, they left our home with a still broken window & the window that needs replaced due to manufacturing error on the inside of the glass, it’s scratch. 3 rd time Champion sent the Regional Manager to come out to evaluate the damage. He he confirmed. We now have to wait to have our issue fixed & take a 4 day off from work to have Champion Windows back to our home. I believe we deserve compensation beyond delivering the right good & services. We should be refunded the cost of clean up and car tire, along w time off from work. I would not recommend them.

Description of Work
New windows

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

Review for Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Birmingham - 309 Cahaba Valley Pkwy N, Pelham, AL - 39412944

07/22/2021

Kasey F.

Description of Work
New windows

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

Review for Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Birmingham - 309 Cahaba Valley Pkwy N, Pelham, AL - 39412942

06/26/2021

Laura S.

We were very pleased with our salesman and the whole experience. He worked hard to get us a good price on replacement windows for the whole house. Excited to have the product installed!!

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 06/26/2021

Jenny S.

Like everyone they are backed up however, once installed I could not be happier. Best product out there and they look beautiful!

Description of Work
Installed windows

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

Joy D.

Champion installers were professional, knowledgeable, and respectful. Most importantly they performed the job of installing the windows quickly and efficiently. The work was WELL DONE. thank you champion. I will use them again.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Patrick M.

It went very well. Salesperson, Donna, was very helpful and responsive. The windows arrived quicker than expected and the crew was on time and did a good job installing.

Description of Work
Windows replaced

Work Completed On 03/07/2021

03/03/2021

Rosanna G.

Mark Mitchell did a great job explaining the Champion business and its products. He was thorough, patient and listened to my needs. He provided options that suited my budget. Very knowledgeable and professional! We signed a contract.

Description of Work
Quote on Replacement Windows for my home

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

02/19/2021

Alfred M.

Mark Mitchell was great. He was knowledgeable, kind and patient. This was the second time he came down to try to sell me windows.

Description of Work
New Windows

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

02/08/2021

David W.

Met with the Champion rep Gary Douglas this afternoon. Gary was very professional whole explaining the products and options for our sunroom. In the end we felt the quality was what we wanted and the price was fair and we signed a contract. We would gladly use Gary again for our outdoor housing needs.

Description of Work
quote to install sunroom

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

02/08/2021

Wanda W.

Gary Douglas was our rep and did a great job explaining the materials and process. We signed a contract and are looking forward to installation. We would highly recommend Gary to anyone interested in a sunroom for their home.

Description of Work
Install sunroom

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

01/27/2021

Martha F.

Our sales rep, Gary Douglas has been great. The contract to have several jobs done is prepared and we are very much looking forward to getting started. Gary was helpful with all aspects of the process from design to finance options, making this rather large project more budget friendly.

Description of Work
Siding, decking, gutters and patio

Category concrete repair, decks, gutter repair, siding, window treatments

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

We are delighted to hear we provided a top-notch experience! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is wonderful to hear we were able to provide you with excellent service.

01/25/2021

Alex M.

The work has not done yet. We signed the contract. The salesman, Mark Mitchell, was very good.

Description of Work
Replacing Windows and Doors

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 01/24/2021

So glad to hear this. Thank you for your review!

01/19/2021

Carmen S.

We worked with Robin Turner. She did a wonderful professional presentation pointing out all the reasons we should choose Champion. We have some unusual windows and wanted a different look. Robin helped us decide on just the right windows for a great curb appeal.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

Thank you very much for your recommendation, [Member Name Removed]! We're glad to hear that our customer service met your expectations. We appreciate this review!

12/30/2020

Barbara Dunn J.

The sales rep-Gary Douglas, was very friendly and knowledgeable. His demonstrations of the products convinced us to choose Champion for the improvements to our home. We highly recommend Champion for home renovations. We are looking forward to having Champion add a new face to our home.

Description of Work
Replacement of siding and windows.

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

01/09/2018

joe B.

Well, the high pressure salesman had quoted me last year, claimed there was a price increase, but upon investigation, there was NOT any price increases. The job was supposed to start in 3 weeks, took about 2 months, then the workers came, tore out the old windows (literally) and installed new ones. The rear sliding glass door was not installed correctly and I have asked several times for them to fix, yet they have not because I gave them bad reviews. Looks like it's time to hire an attorney to get them to fix the poor installation. The rest of the windows are fine, except I paid WAAY TOO MUCH. Only to be followed by a 30% discount PRIOR to installation which they would not honor. Champion SUCKS!

Description of Work
window replacement

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

09/25/2017

Keena B.

It was good. They're expensive. Communication was good. They are pricey and I do know that, they would not do anybody else's for that cheap so I got a good price for what they would have done because they said this was the last house they would do for that price. They were good. They do good work. The work was very good. They really do try to work with you.

Description of Work
They built a screened in room.

Work Completed On 09/25/2014

09/25/2017

Nancy M.

It worked out very well. We love the windows. We like when they came and presented it, we liked what looked like the quality materials and stuff that they using and so we tried them with the windows that we first had them put in and we were so satisfied with them that we decided to finish the rest of the house with the same type windows.

Description of Work
They installed eleven windows.

Work Completed On 09/25/2015

06/02/2017

Andy T.

I should have backed away from this company in the beginning. At the time they were offering a 12 months same as cash financing option. However, when we went to sign the paperwork, they gave us a cash price and once we mentioned we wanted the 12 months option, they changed the price. They factored in a financing cost up front and changed the payment terms. That is not "same as cash", that is a simple interest arrangement. But being in immediate need of new windows and being tired of searching for an installer, we agreed to go ahead with the contract. The first installation crew was not professional at all, including stopping up a toilet in my house. The manager, David Sanders, berated my wife on the phone. I had him come to my home to confront him and became confrontational with me. He finally agreed to return and apologize to my wife, but that never happened. The final installer on the project was good. He finished things as they should have been, including wrapping the top of all the window frames which had not been done originally. I only noticed this discrepancy while working on another part of my home. Had I not been a DIY homeowner, I would never have known they had skipped this step and my window frames would have collected water and rotted out. I have personally warned everyone I know about using this company and I hope that everyone will think twice about using this company as long as David Sanders is in charge. Do yourself a favor and find anyone else to replace your windows.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows in my home.

05/01/2017

Billy E.

One of the doors was not the correct door. Champion quickly ordered the correct door and replaced it when it arrived.

Description of Work
I had 3 French Doors replaced.

Category doors