Carpet Outlet of Pelham

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 2006

3447 Pelham Pkwy.

Pelham, AL 35124

Information about us: * 25+ years experience in the flooring industry, licensed, bonded, and insured. QUICK AND EASY FINANCING AVAILABLE. All major credit cards accepted. A+ rating with the BBB. Other services include: blinds, shutters, pleated and solar shades, plus area rugs. Don't get ripped off

08/02/2019

Jessie R.

The professionals at Carpet Outlet were absolutely wonderful! They were kind, punctual and efficient. We used them for two different jobs and both sets of installers did fantastic work! I LOVE the results!! They were able to match our new hardwoods to two other rooms that were already installed. Plus they went above and beyond. Due to our error we needed to have some new carpet that was installed in a bedroom closet redone because of a water issue and Mr. Mike was so wonderful to come back out and fix our little issue with no problem!!! What a wonderful group of people!!!! I’m so grateful for their help!!!

Description of Work
Carpet and Hardwood Installation

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are so happy that we could help you with your flooring needs and we look forward to helping you in the future.

07/13/2019

Wayne S.

They ONLY sell / install. I only need install.

Description of Work
Carpet install

Category carpet installation

I am sorry that we were not able to install the flooring that you already have. We do not install flooring that is already purchased because we cannot warranty the flooring if it is not bought through us.

07/13/2019

Mark W.

Great experience from beginning to end. We got wonderful advice on type of carpet as well as where and where not to put carpet in the house. Installers were very thorough with great attention to detail. Could not have been a better experience. Highly recommend Carpet Outlet.

Description of Work
carpet for entire house

Category carpet installation

Thank you so much for this great review. We strive to make sure that our customers are happy from beginning to end.

10/16/2018

Pamela C.

The installation guy was odd, wanting the work from the beginning and stating he would do the install, then said he would have someone else install. The original owner/operator had placed floors in my home before and had done a good job, so my provision in purchasing from them was that the owner do the work. That was agreed upon, then after I paid half down, they changed it. I would not recommend them and will not use them in the future. There are many flooring companies in the area, so I have a choice, and I am not counting the big box stores that do the same. update: The company's owner just emailed complaining about my previous review, and then just lied. Until this email, she has made NO attempt to call or email, and to be clear, nor has anyone else from their company. There would be no complaint had they followed through. From the reviews before me, I am not the first person to experience this. Their service was fair but there are so many carpet companies, especially Lowe's and Home Depot with wide selections of flooring, why not have a great experience especially in your home.

Description of Work
We had hardwood floors placed

Category hardwood floor

This job was done on 10/3/18. The flooring that we installed was carpet and we have been trying to contact the customer to set up the install for the hardwood. The only job that has been paid for is the carpet job. The customer wanted to finance the hardwood job. (We have tried to contact the customer numerous times to let her know that she was approved and to move forward with the job.) As for the installation of the carpet, the owners son (whom the customer wanted) was out on the job with the crew installing her carpet liked agreed upon. We did everything that we possibly could to make sure that the customer was completely happy like we do with all of our customers. The customer was also very very happy with the work and the job. There are just some customers that can not be satisfied.

02/17/2018

Brooke N.

It was fantastic. Cathy is amazing. Super easy to work with and very knowledgeable about all things carpet and many other area of home renovation.

Description of Work
We bought a house and needed new carpet. We are also getting carpet in our current house before we sell it.

Category carpet installation

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad that you are very pleased with everything. We look forward to working with you in the future!

01/13/2018

Paul H.

Excellently!!!!! Was very professional, polite, timely and totally responsive to our interest. Would hire again and have already recommended them to a neighbor that is interested in a similar project.

Description of Work
Replaced Lineoleum Floor

01/01/2018

Janet I.

Excellent. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors

10/22/2017

Ashley K.

We were looking to update our house because we thought we were going to put it on the market. We have since decided to stay, in part because we have been so pleased with the results!! We had our entire house carpeted and new window treatments installed. We are happy happy happy, especially because our first child has started to walk. He now toddles over the new carpet and we feel safe when he tumbles knowing it is non-toxic and SOFT! Cathy and her associates are wonderful to work with and helped us so much! We will use them again for sure in the future. One note: though they are not officially affiliated with Carpet Outlet, we received a recommendation for a power washer/handyman/yard service tech from the man who installed our window blinds. This turned out to be such as blessing, as my husband has Multiple Sclerosis and cannot work in the heat. Wonderful business and people all around that provided us with a sense of community!!

Description of Work
Floors, Window treatments

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, window treatments

09/20/2017

Don F.

They came out but never followed up with a quote. I think they new that their higher cost flooring was out of range. A different company got the job and did great.

Description of Work
I asked for a quote to install hardwood flooring to replace carpet in master bedroom.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

We tried to contact the customer to let him know that we were still waiting to hear back on some information for the job that we were quoting but we were unable to make contact.

07/07/2017

Dai P.

Excellent. The owner had a number of suggestions which resulted in a higher quality look at a better warranty and price.

Description of Work
New carpet in newly purchased home

Category carpet installation

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is one of our main goals to have a satisfied customer. We hope that you continue to return to us with any future flooring needs.

03/28/2017

Margaret S.

Initial contact was easy and the estimator showed up on time. He answered my questions and measured my home. That has been one week ago. We have not heard anything since. Meanwhile the other 2 companies that came out that same day provided written estimates and further follow up within 2 days.

Description of Work
New Flooring

Category carpet installation

In response to this, we where waiting to hear back from the installer for pricing on specialty border that we just received today (3/30/17). We were then going to contact the customer with that pricing.

11/29/2016

Bill F.

As always they are professional and prompt in sales installation and any follow up. Their prices are very competitive. We have always had excellent service working with Carpet Outlet and would highly recommend them for any residential or commercial flooring projects large or small.

Description of Work
Cathy at Carpet Outlet has been our go to for all of our flooring needs for almost 20 years. Most recently they installed brand new hardwoods through out the main level of our home and also the stairs and upstairs hallway. We have also used them to install carpet and they have also performed several jobs for me in commercial projects.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

11/12/2016

MARTY D.

Carpet Outlet was extremely professional, prompt and delivered and excellent product! We would highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
Carpet replaced in several rooms.

10/19/2016

Allyne Y.

Very pleased with the experience from beginning to end. The quoted price was reasonable, and the installers did a very professional job. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Recarpeting the entire home

10/18/2016

Ella M.

Cathy, the owner, came to our house to measure and give us an estimate. She returned at a later time to help us decide exactly the flooring we would need since we already had hardwood floors on the lower level. She set up a time for installation that worked with our schedule. We thought the amount we paid was reasonable considering the amount of work and supplies that were needed. We did not get other estimates because we already had a general idea of what we wanted to spend and were impressed with Cathy's professional manner. The work went smoothly and was completed in a timely manner. The members of the crew were polite and helpful at all times and helped us make decisions as they arose. They were thoughtful in allowing us to have access to the upstairs in the evenings, particularly, keeping the disruptions to a minimum. They cleaned up before they left leaving a small amount of unavoidable sawdust. I would recommend their company without any reservations.

Description of Work
Carpet Outlet installed hardwood floors in our upstairs master bedroom including closets and bathroom, the upstairs hallway with a closet, and our stairs.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

09/02/2016

Amber K.

This business was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Everyone has customer service at the forefront of the experience so it was a wonderful experience. The estimate to replace carpet in our home was much lower than some competitors but the main reason we chose this business was the friendly, family oriented style they showed and we have no regrets. The owner provided an in home estimate and then followed through on all promises. The workers were punctual and worked very hard to do a full home re-flooring in a day. When they were unable to, they came the next morning before other jobs were scheduled to complete ours and keep our schedule for listing our home to sell. The quality of the carpet and flooring was excellent as was the workmanship that it was done with. We would definitely recommend this business and will be using them for future flooring needs!

Description of Work
Replaced carpet and vinyl flooring throughout home

07/20/2016

Valerie B.

I engaged Carpet Outlet of Pelham based upon Angie's List reviewed and was very pleased with their service. From Cathy assisting me with selection and in-home estimate (both very timely), to the skill and professionalism of the installation crew. I was particular in that I wanted the slab free of dust/dirt/nails before new pad was installed, as carpet/pad were 10 years old and previous owner had cats. Cathy assured me the crew always took care of that, and they did. They were very careful moving furniture as I'd warned I had newly painted walls. Pleased with installation, all edges well tucked, minimal seams. Carpet looks great and I'm thrilled knowing everything is spick and span clean underneath and no annoying "bumps" under my feet!

Description of Work
Carpet 2 bedrooms, hall, closets

04/18/2016

Pamela E.

The sanders that they used to sand the stairs kept bumping into the railing and the railing was painted dark brown. I had to do some touch up work on them because the white from the sanders showed. The stairs that they sanded were fine, but I will never use them again. I didn't think the stairs stained evenly, but I have been told that is just the way wood is. Their price was at the middle of the road, every body was the same price except one that was $100 higher.

Description of Work
I used Pelhams Discount Carpet.

Category hardwood floor

I am so sorry that you went through this but we looked at our records and unfortunately, we (Carpet Outlet of Pelham) never did this job.

01/22/2016

Catherine M.

I was looking for a small amount of hardwood to go under a vanity we had replaced. The type of flooring I needed is harder to come by these days. My purchase was $40 but I was treated as if I had a $4000.00 purchase. I would highly recommend

Description of Work
Looking for a small amount of hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

10/08/2015

Tiffany W.

We had shopped several other places before we ended up at Carpet Outlet based on reviews obtained from Angie's List. Kathy assisted us with making a selection and came out later that afternoon to take measurements. We paid 50% down and the balance after the installation. What we liked about carpet outlet: Very competitive price on product and installation; they do not subcontract installation - installers are employees; they move furniture, remove and take away old carpet and pad and install new pad and carpet for the standard installation price. Other places either would not move furniture and remove and take away old carpet and pad or they added a hefty surcharge. They did not fudge the measurements which runs the cost up. There was minimal waste left after the installation. And last but not least they are a locally owned and operated business so you get that personal touch with the entire process. They run their business like their livelihood depends on it. I would highly recommend Carpet Outlet if your are considering new carpet. As far as dislikes, there were none.

Description of Work
Provided carpet samples to select from, explained the pros and cons with each available type, including price installed, and came to our home and took accurate measurements. When the carpet arrived, they called and scheduled an appointment and were here on that day at the scheduled time.

09/16/2015

Donald F.

The company was a pleasure to work with. They had an extensive supply of carpet samples and were very knowledgeable about the products. They responded quickly to perform exact measurements and provide us with pricing for our possible choices. They installed the carpeting within a few business days from when we made our selection. Their pricing was very competitive and their installers did a great job. Overall, this project was a good experience, and we will use them again in the future when we need flooring needs.

Description of Work
They replaced the carpeting and padding in our master bedroom and a large walk-in closet.

08/05/2015

John P.

Great folks. Great Price. They do it right the first time.

Description of Work
They installed new hardwood floor that was almost exact match to flooring 15 years old.

07/28/2015

Vincent S.

Absolute great folks to work with. Cathy came over and did the measurements with samples and once decided ordered materials. Took about 1 week for materials to arrive and installation began. Brad, Mike and Skip did the installation and did a first class job. Answered all questions and took care in moving the furniture. Installation took a little over four days but would have been done in 4 days if power was not lost. Power was down for about 3 hours and they actually worked with flashlights and came back the next day to finish the job. When job was completed they cleaned up and am completely satisfied with the work performed. Highly recommend if quality and professionalism is what you seek.

Description of Work
Installed approximated 600 sq ft hardwood and tile for 2 bathrooms

02/11/2015

Mutual Savings C.

Both gentlemen arrived on time and explained how we could prevent future problems. They also did their work in a speedy fashion to save us money. Gave us info on your company when we wanted to do carpet replacement.

Description of Work
Patched carpet in two spots. (1) 1in x 4in, (2) 3in x 6ft with carpet held by owner.

02/10/2015

Betty D.

The workers were on time and they worked hard the entire time they were here - approximately 7 hours.

Description of Work
The workers were prompt and efficient asking specifics so I should be satisfied. They were very polite. Installed carpet in basement and put area rug in master bedroom.