Ralph Bidwell ( Handyman )

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2012

1301 Meadow Ln

Mulga, AL 35118

Handy-Man/Remodeling/Project Manager: Job over-site with customer as the GC. Cost determined by job-time/day-labor, material trip fee charges apply. Paypal accepted (there is an up-fee to use PayPal that they charge roughly 2.9%) To established customers I offer 24 hr, emergency assistance. Free

04/13/2021

Joyce M.

I needed gravel spread and was very satisfied with the finished product. Ralph responded right away to my request, and had Darryl Murkerson get with me. He did an excellent job, was fast and a really nice guy. I’d recommend both of these guys for any work you need done. I’ll definitely be calling them again!

Description of Work
Stone and Gravel

Category pavers, gravel

08/01/2020

Cynthia K.

It helped save my life. I recently lost my Husband and his income. My air conditioner went out. My Windows are painted shut. So I thought about adding screens to the burglar iron doors. My Husband was the epitome of a Handyman. With him suddenly and unexpectedly dead and his income too, I felt helpless but not hopeless. I put a request in on Angie’s list. Got four calls. One couldn’t help. One I couldn’t afford. One kept promising to come but did not. But “Handyman” Bidwell Company made and kept an appointment with me, accessed the job, went and priced the cost, provided a reasonable cost that I could afford, accepted the job, made the frame and screens. Today I opened both the front porch and side Carport doors and let God’s breeze of fresh air circulate my lungs and my home, I feel pleased and wonderfully blessed to be able to breathe in my home especially since I suffer from acute asthma. I appreciate their quick turn around, their courteous customer service and professionalisms. Sending a special Thank you to the Bidwell Company and a special “Thank You” to Sawyer Bidwell. Thank You Cynthia Kellum

Description of Work
Fabricate &Repair two iron door insert screens

Category screen repair

08/01/2020

Antonio H.

Very professional crew! Excellent work! Thanks guys!

Description of Work
A microwave intallion, outlet-cover, kitchen sink-n-faucet

Category small appliance repair

07/01/2020

Keith K.

Very professional and responded quick and did a great job. Will call when other issues arise.

Description of Work
Remove old mail box, relocate and secure.

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Tommy M.

Ralph is top of the line. I had him out to do an estimate. Ralph located and promptly repaired another issue that was plaguing my residence. I’d definitely recommend Ralph to anyone.

Description of Work
Call out to estimate insulation under unit. Located a leak and repaired a condensation unit drain line & cut switch.

Christopher M.

Ralph performed an excellent job and I would recommend his services to other people.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet

Category plumbing

Stacye T.

Went great. Mr. Bidwell was very professional, took care with the work that he did, and was reasonable on the price given. My threshold looks great and I would definitely hire again. Already recommended him to a friend.

Description of Work
Custom build a front entrance threshold. Cut exsisting slate tile & fit into entrance without adjusting main doors.

Category handyman service, woodworking

05/27/2020

Gary O.

Work was performed flawlessly, and in the timeframe provided. Very courteous and professional; worked tirelessly. Would definitely highly recommend. Can't stress enough the quality of the work. Plan to use again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Mailbox Repair

Category mailbox repair

04/30/2020

Tim P.

As I have previously written the work was superb.

Description of Work
Replace two wooden sections of the back yard fence and cut down some trees.

Category fencing, home security systems

04/26/2020

Tim P.

Got to meet most of the Bidwell family, Papa Ralph, daughters Aliea and Julia, son Sawyer and daughter-in-law Emily. End result far exceeded expectations. The kids were respectful, worked non stop, showed up on time and left at the requested time. Never heard a nasty word and they dressed appropriately. They never even spilled a drop of paint! As a matter of fact they are coming back next week to repair the fence in the back yard.

Description of Work
Painting den and living room.

Category home security systems, interior painters

09/29/2019

Michael D.

Ralph was excellent. His bid was in line with my expectation. He was prompt, kept me informed of his progress, finished on time, sent pictures of the work and gave me a detailed invoice. Excellent. It is hard to find someone who can do all of these things, but Ralph exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Plumbing, replaced the flue latch in fireplace, cleaned the gutters, replaced rotten soffit, replaced cracked windowpanes, fixed the leak under the kitchen sink that nobody else had been able to fix, caulked, checked the roof for leaks, touched up the living room ceiling from a previous leak.

Category electrician, gutter cleaning, handyman service, plumbing, replacement windows, interior painters

09/19/2019

Greg H.

Ralph Bidwell did a great job of installing my new storm door.

Description of Work
Install new storm door in front entrance of my house.

08/20/2019

Dilmus R.

Great , punctual, professional ,diligent , reasonable price and very knowledgeable. Did a great cleanup a d follow up to check on work to make sure everything OK.

Description of Work
Kitchen drain cleaner

Category countertops, handyman service, marble & granite, drain cleaning

08/15/2019

kay M.

He is superb. In 10 years I have never let anyone else in my house but him and you can't hire a better person. His work is impeccable and he is trustworthy. Everyone I have referred him to feels the same. I can't recommend him enough and I will definitely hire him again for anything in the future.

Description of Work
I have been using him for handyman needs for 10 years. He completely remodeled my house.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

05/10/2019

Barry M.

This is how it is supposed to work. I couldn't be more pleased with how things turned out. My mother was unable to get the water to turn off in her shower. I called Ralph and explained the problem. He contacted her, came by that morning, and promptly fixed the problem. By my mother's account, he was professional, friendly, timely, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Unable to turn off the water in the shower

Category handyman service, plumbing

05/04/2019

Matthew J.

Ralph and his crew were excellent. They were professional, addressed everything that was needed. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Caulking, retaping and ceiling painting, cleaning gutters, door repair.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, interior painters, doors

06/23/2018

Janet C.

Extremely well. 100 per cent satisfied. I will not hesitate to call on Ralph in the future.

Description of Work
Installed heavy mirror and swapped out chandelier.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

04/21/2018

Phyllis K.

Ralph was great from the start-I explained upfront I was looking for someone to finish what someone else didn't. He was super nice and very willing to do that-not just everyone would be. Not only that, but in talking through some issues I was having with my heating/cooling system (it was cooling and heating great, but the drip pan had rusted out....the unit is old!)-he came up with a fix it solution to keep us in business until it just finally quits for sure! Much appreciated-he is great and totally trustworthy to be around your home. I will call him again with any future needs...a quality find!

Description of Work
I needed someone to finish a job (hard to find someone willing to do that!)

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, stucco, house painters

04/20/2018

Janet C.

It went very well. Ralph got everything worked out in a timely and efficient manner. I am extremely pleased and will not hesitate to call on him when something else breaks or goes wrong. He is professional, reliable and efficient.

Description of Work
A punch list of items for a 10 year old house, including leaking gutter seams, a small roof leak, new screens for my windows, an issue with door hardware and replacing a gasket on the refrigerator.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, screen repair, small appliance repair

04/19/2018

Richard D.

While I’m fairly handy around the house, I have never felt comfortable doing electrical work other than changing switches/outlets. Thus, I contacted Ralph and he was able to come out the same day. He arrived on-time and is very professional and personable. He took the time to carefully evaluate each of the four separate outlets that I wanted to be addressed. Ralph mentioned that all of these were fairly easy to fix and if I had the time he would show what needed to be done. This would have have been easily $500-$600 yet he took the time to share his knowledge instead. This behavior clearly demonstrates he is more interested in building long-term relationships instead of making a quick buck. Having someone you trust to work on your home is essential so it’s not surprising that I would highly recommend contacting Ralph for any projects around your house.

Description of Work
I wanted to add 4 outlets in 3 different areas of my house and an outlet that wasn’t working

Category electrician

02/24/2018

Colin L.

Ralph was outstanding. He is a true professional. We will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Various jobs around the house

Category contractors, handyman service, screen repair

01/25/2018

Toraine N.

Gave Mr. Bidwell a call and he was extremely responsive, even coming out the same day to look at the leak. He didn't charge me for his time and he pinpointed the source of the leak immediately. He also gave me some expert advice on another plumbing matter. Great first interaction and I will definitely call him again for my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Had a bothersome leak under the sink that had baffled me for several weeks.

01/27/2017

Tiffany K.

Ralph was very responsive; he came by the same day I called and noticed missing and peeling caulk around the window. He fixed it immediately and said to let him know if we had any further issues with leaking.

Description of Work
Leaking window

04/07/2016

John P.

On time on budget. Will use again.

Description of Work
Changed bath sink in rental house

Category handyman service, plumbing

02/29/2016

Sarah L.

He's my go-to maintenance man. He's very clean and very organized. I trust him with my home and I'd give him an A+.

Description of Work
He installed a faucet in my kitchen and installed some outside security lights.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

Zoom Drain

A clogged-up drain is every homeowner’s nightmare. The thought of a sink overflowing or sewage backing out of a toilet can give anyone shivers. Who can you call when you need help with a problematic drain or sewer line – and fast? Zoom Drain of Alabama, of course! We are the trusted team of drain and sewer service experts in Birmingham, Trussville and the surrounding areas for residential, commercial and industrial properties. Our highly-trained team is equipped with top-grade tools of the trade and leading industry knowledge so we can tackle anything that slows down your drainage system. Whether you live in a multi-story townhouse or an expansive ranch home, Zoom Drain of Alabama can handle all your sewer and drain needs.

Aqua-Guard Waterproofing, Inc.

Aqua-Guard Waterproofing is a foundation waterproofing contractor. Aqua-Guard specializes in repairing wet or damp basements and crawlspaces. We install the Aqua-Guard Basement Waterproofing System and the Aqua-Guard Crawlspace System, both of which, carry our Life of the Structure Warranty. Aqua-Guard also specializes in crawlspace encapsulation which creates a healthy home environment. The Aqua-Guard Closed Crawlspace System eliminates musty odors, improves air quality, takes away the ability for mold and mildew to grow, and insulates the crawlspace, therefore, making the home more energy efficient.

Crystal Clear Plus

Crystal Clear has been keeping the Greater Birmingham area clean for 19 years. We specialize in window cleaning, pressure washing, soft washing, and roof cleaning. Residential and Commercial- Licensed and Insured- Free estimates!

Award 2022

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Specialized remodeling, Interior and Exterior Painting, Granite, Tile Floors, Backsplashes, Cabinetry, Concrete Driveways, Block and Brick, Light Roofing, Pressure Washing, Mold Abatement, Light Landscaping & General Handyman Services

Major roofing & carpet