Christian Brothers Automotive

Founded 2011 • With Angi since March 2012

4.4

10885 Chantilly Pkwy

Montgomery, AL 36117

We are an automotive repair shop offerring repairs on all makes and models ranging from oil changes to engine replacements. Our goal is to glorify God while providing ethical and excellent automotive repairs to our customers....

06/08/2016

Dorinna T.

I was driving my 2005 Honda Accord from Huntsville AL to Mobile AL. When I reached Montgomery, my get up and go got up and went! The engine was working fine but my car wouldn't power forward or backward. I called AAA and was towed to Christian Brothers long after closing. They do have an after hours drop (very easy to use) so I dropped off my keys and wrote an explanation of the symptoms and asked them for an estimate to get it fixed. I called a cab and rented a car to drive the rest of the way to Mobile as my daughter had to be there for a band function. When I had not heard from them by 4:30 the next day, I called them to see if they had a chance to look at it. They had looked at it and they explained that it needed a new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate and that it would be around $2300 to fix it (they did give me an exact price). Since I don't even come close to having that kind of money, I told them I would come by on Saturday and pick it up with a U-Haul and U-Haul dolly. They seemed a little put out and charged me $50 for checking out the car (no problem there - I agree they should be paid for their work). I got it home and left it in the driveway while I started looking for a way to raise $2500 (assuming that it might be a little more). I called around in Huntsville and got one estimate over the phone and another estimate by towing it to an auto repair shop (where they actually gave free estimates). The first place told me it would be $1123 to fix it; the second place would charge $1152 to fix it. This is when I started questioning the price I received from Christian Brothers. They have a beautiful building and it is very clean. The parking lot felt fairly safe late at night and it is near a Super Wal-Mart. It is easy to drop off your car after hours and they were fairly accommodating about me picking up my car after hours. However, none of that makes up for taking advantage of a woman (or man or anybody for that matter!) traveling alone who is semi-stranded half-way between home and a desired destination with a 15 year old daughter. Not until I got home did I realize how much they would be overcharging me for the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate plus labor. I wondered if that was their standard charge or were they were taking advantage of me? I'm not sure I'll ever know but I just know that the entire situation feels just a little smarmy. I am super grateful that I waited to get it fixed.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate on a car left late at night using the drop box they have for this purpose.

01/17/2016

Tom H.

Description of Work
They were fast and my truck seems to run great. I plan to use them again.

03/13/2014

Debbie N.

I was given a long list of trivial things to fix. None if the items that were on my estimate had anything to do with the reason why my vehicle was riding so rough.

Description of Work
Examined my vehicle to figure out why it was running so rough.

09/24/2013

heather B.

Went like clockwork. The staff is so friendly and helpful.

Description of Work
New tires and balance and rotation.

09/12/2013

Carrie C.

Had issue that my durango would just shut off as I was driving down the road. This of course was kind of dangerous. I didn't want to go get it fixed because I thought it would cost a lot. My dad made me take it in to Christian Brothers. They diagnosed the problem and gave us a ride. The kept in good communication with us throughout the day. Replacing a couple small parts and reseting the computer only cost ~$300 dollars which I thought was reasonable, I didn't fee like I was completely being taken advantage of. They also adjusted my air conditioning system for free (it was shutting off sporadically too). Have had no further problems since the service. The owner and employees are all VERY nice. I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Determined cause of my car just turning off when I was driving down the road (dangerous), reset computer and adjusted air conditioning system.

08/22/2013

Tom D.

The front brake rotors needed replaced and I was able to view and agreed to the installation of brake rotors. The outer tie rod end and sway bar rubber coverings (boots) were worn and broken and needed replacement. I inspected and suggest just the boots be replaced. I was told it would be better and more economical in the long run to replace with new rod ends and sway bars. I agreed, but after leaving my vehicle, I returned home and looked up the cost of the parts quoted by Christian Bro. and compared their prices to several auto parts stores, including Ford, Inc. The Christian Bro. prices were approximately double Ford, Inc. internet prices and the part stores retail prices. When I called Christian Bros. to discuss the issues, the response was basically sorry but that is the way it is, "lesson learned" was the verbal response from the other end. Bottom line, my car was repaired but I feel the total cost was unfairly inflated due to Christian Bro. markup on parts. I will return back to my long time used auto repair garage for future needs even though it is a bit more incomvenient.

Description of Work
Replaced front brake rotors, 4 outer tie rod ends, and 2 sway bar link/kits.

06/04/2013

Ian K.

The guys from Christian Brothers Automotive are very honest.

Description of Work
I used Christian Brothers Automotive to service my car.

09/25/2012

Tony T.

As always I drop by with a car problem and the great crew at Christian Brothers will fix it on the spot! Offers you a drink and down home conversation.

Description of Work
Right front window gears replaced.

07/16/2012

eric V.

They are very friendly, and I can talk to a mechanic. The prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
I have used Christian Brothers Automotive for auto service. It is a chain and they have a local branch here in Montgomery. They did a tire rotation and changed my brake pads and brake rotors on the last visit.

03/10/2012

Vernon G.

I can't say enough good things about a skilled, honest mechanic - excellent hospitality is a bonus. The team at Christian Bros in Montgomery is top notch. It's a family owned/operated franchise based on traditional values; Jim, Martha and Jimbo go out of thier way to ensure that you are aware of whats going on with the vehicle being repaired and that you are comfortable if you choose to wait. The facility is very new and clean with a very nice reception area for customers. In the shop they used the right tools to diagnose the problem and have very modern equipment which is a real time saver - and I felt that really saved me money in the long run. I knew with this shop I wasn't being charged extra labor because the problem was hard to diagnose. I would always take my vehicles to Christian Bros.

Description of Work
Our van is older, 120K+ so I'm accepting that our relatively flat cost of ownership is going to spike a bit as we replace aged components. After developing a front end shimmy/vibration I took the vehicle to Chistian Bros for repair. Drive axles and wheel bearings were the cause. After a four months one of the replacement axles acted up but covered under the warranty from Christian bros and was replaced at no cost. I've had our van worked on for drivetrain problems twice now and they were very detailed and precise in addressing all my concerns - and at a very reasonable cost. Jimbo also was able to order me a set of 2 michelin tires that matched what was already on the vehicle at a price I couldn't argue with. The service is excellent both from a customer service standpoint (they actually call you back promptly when there is a question or the vehicle is ready!), and from a technical standpoint.

Category auto repair,car tires

Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Radio Service

A/C repair, air filtration, alignment, batteries, brakes, check engine light, cooling system, courtesy inspections, drivetrain & suspension, electrical system, engine services, extended warranty service, fuel system, inspection & emissions, oil & filter change, power steering, pre purchase inspections, scheduled maintenance, tire rotation & transmission.

Transmissions and mufflers