Leslie Painting & Renovations LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since July 2013

I am a licensed realtor with Keller Williams. My husband and I specialise in preparing homes for sale - from small handyman punch lists to drywall/siding installation. We serve customers in Mobile, Theodore and Semmes. We are a small family business. When you call, Oksana Leslie answers. No room

bathroom beforeBathroom afterExterior painting

interior painting (28)house painting (28)woodworking (21)drywall (18)general contractors (18)handyman (15)door installation (14)pressure washing (11)cabinet refacing (9)siding companies (9)home remodeling (7)window replacement (4)

11/17/2020

Le V.

this is the copy and pasted response I received from Leslie's "Hi, when you contacted us regarding painting estimate, we wanted to set up an appointment. You said you were not ready. We are not ready to.start any project till January. We wanted to be nice and give you estimate Now you request repairs on French door. And ask for license and references. All references are on Angie's list. Angie's list advertises only licensed contractors after checking their criminal background. Just letting you know. Be well. And no, we dont do small jobs any more" NICE ISN'T IT? N O T

Description of Work
French doors, porch steps and back deck and steps

Category cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Greetings. I see you appreciate only people who kiss you butt. I have to be honest and responsive. Everybody's idea of "being nice" is different. Wouldn't be nice to simply ignore your requests? If we didn't do work for you, you have never even see us in person, we explained you everything about work schedule and tried to set up an appointment in the past, and you are giving us an F on every grade level is pure hypocrisy. I can see what a wonderful person you are in a real life.

08/14/2020

Susan B.

Incredible workmanship. Very conscientious. Very personable. Thoroughly enjoyed working with them.

Description of Work
tile installation, sheetrock installation, drywall work, trim installation, trim painting.

Category interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/03/2020

08/07/2020

Serena P.

They did a great job and are trustworthy and reliable. Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Painting, drywall repair, kitchen, backsplash install, shower surround install

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, roofing, pressure washing, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

08/01/2020

J M.

The guy is an idiot - he didn't tape any of the butt seams. The entire job now has cracks throughout. I was curious why the insisted on priming after he hung the sheetrock and was not painting, that was to cover up all if his mistakes. In addition, he and his wife do nothing but scream and fight during the entire job. IN RESPONSE TO SERVICE PROVIDER'S FIRST RESPONSE: Well, if you look at your video, you skipped the entire taping process, so either you skipped that part, or you don't want to show your mistakes.

Description of Work
Sheetrock Installed

Category drywall

Work Completed On 08/04/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], I don't understand why Angie's list lets you post negative review twice, I guess you made a new account. I am sorry you are having problems. We purchased, delivered sheetrock, installed it and insulation, mudded and primed. You said you wanted to paint yourself to save the cost. Your 4000 included all your materials. Maybe your addition is settling and creates cracks. Priming is necessary to see the imperfections. Priming doesn't hide the seams if they don't have drywall tape. We always add mudding after priming and sand. I have a video proof of all steps of this project. Including what tape we were buying. On 13:[Member Information Removed] is mudding process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMVN0Rtf-gY&list=PLLR_PV4i1KSVostuKwhC1_Tfuw38QCtUT&index=35 IN RESPONSE TO MEMBER'S RESPONSE: I skipped making video of the all tapping process because I wasn't working with my husband during that time. I dont think its necessary. We showed what tape he bought and a little - tape/ and mudding. You were checking his work every day during taping and mudding. How in the world he would only mud and not tape? Its impossible.

03/18/2020

Husam O.

Great. These people are honest, friendly and professionals. They started the job on time, did and excellent job in fixing damaged wood around the house and painted the exterior. The job was completed to our full satisfaction on time. Their price is extremely reasonable. Their bid was way below other bids. I would highly recommend them. I know that I will call on them if I need more work.

Description of Work
exterior painting and carpentry

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

03/10/2020

Jeremy W.

Very professional and excellent work. Many compliments from friends and neighbors. Would recommend

Description of Work
Exterior carpentry and exterior painting. Shutters and exterior doors painted free of charge

Category handyman service, siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

02/01/2020

Norma A.

I could not be happier! They did a fabulous job with the repair and painting of exterior doors. I loved their attention to detail and the communication during the process. I definitely recommend Leslie Painting.

Description of Work
exterior doors repair and painting, power washing driveway

Category house painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

01/10/2020

Donald L.

Terrible, had to hire other companies to redo their work. Ended in arbitration, which was settled in my favor.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removed and redone, wallpaper removed, interior painting

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

Mr [Member Name Removed], We sent you 390 dollars/ During this hard time for everyone. You could not prove that you had a building inspector, provided no report or invoice from him, provided fake contractor'[Member Information Removed] name for "additional work". I am impressed that you keep stalking our small family business. I understand you have nothing more meaningful to do during this COVID 19 time.

11/20/2019

Willard W.

All went well. I messed up and had to order stain, causing an interruption in their work. They stuck with my error and finished the work in their usual careful manner. The delay was my fault and they stuck with original reasonable price. These guys are on my go to list.

Description of Work
Fixed bad spot in front column and put on 2nd coat of stain on deck

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

09/16/2019

John G.

Highly recommended! Great communication and excellent work. I’ll definitely contact them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Removed old Masonite siding and installed and painted new concrete siding.

Category siding

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

07/30/2019

Leslie B.

Painted two interior rooms. Worked quickly. Sergev was nice to work with.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

06/27/2019

Fran S.

The Leslie’s were very quick about responding to me about a quote on getting lots of work done to our house. They were very upfront and emailed about everything they needed to do and gave us a fair set price for ALL of the work. They never asked for anything else. If I ever had a question they answered it quickly and made me feel good about the work they were doing. It’s nerve wracking to have your house painted because you want it to look up to your expectations and they couldn’t have done a better job and more detailed. Sergey and Oksana were very easy to work with and I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Boards replaced, limbs trimmed, outside of house painted and kitchen ceiling repainted. Power washing

Category siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

Review for Leslie Painting & Renovations LLC - 2451 PONTCHARTRAIN DR, Mobile, AL - 37954101

11/01/2018

Mr. W.

Oksana and Serguy did a great job on my place. Although it took quite sometime to complete, it was done in excellence. I am happy with the outcome. There was some termite damage which escalated the price more but Oksana gave me a reference who was very reasonable and came out to treat the termites. Great job on these two. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
There was several places where rotted wood needed to be replaced.

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

03/23/2018

Lynette M.

The Leslie's are fantastic. I hired them to paint the outside of our new home. I was very pleased so we also had them paint the inside and so much more. We gave them a key to our home so they could work when we were not there. We had so much going on with renovations. We also had every room painted a differnet color, but just shades different. I'm sure a nightmare for any painter. They did everything perfect! They even corrected our contracotr's mistakes. I will definitely use them again. In my opinion they are the best to hire for painting and other small repairs. Their prices are very reasonable. Sergy and Oksana are wonderful! Also, they stained my cabinets and the stain just kept soaking in. I have lost count on how many times they came back to restain. I never had to ask. They saw it and just kept coming back to take care it.

Description of Work
Painting and so much more

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

11/28/2017

Lynette M.

I was very pleased with Leslie Painting and Renovations. We hired them to replace rotten wood on our porch and paint the railing and front of our house. Also, they removed a portion of an interior kitchen wall for us. We gave them a key to our home as we could not be there while they were working. I was out of town during most of the work. I was pleasantly surprised when I returned. The job had been completed and looks amazing! They are very professional and prompt. They provide a contract and copy of their insurance as well as a receipt for payment. I would definitely recommend them. I will also definitely be using them again. I have already booked them to paint the entire outside of my home as well as the inside. And once we move to the new home, I will have them paint my current home.

Description of Work
Outside painting, wood replacement and inside wall removal.

Work Completed On 11/28/2017

10/06/2017

Margaret B.

Great job! Very pleased. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior paint and wood replacement.

Category contractors, remodeling, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

Thank you very much for the review! We'll be happy to serve you in the future.

10/03/2017

Marilyn K.

Beautiful finished product. Sergay is a skilled carpenter and excellent painter who takes great pride in his work to create a 'masterpiece' for his clients. He is puts 100% of his time at the site into the project. Does not waste anytime. Comes prepared to complete as much of the project as possible for the day. Even if the job carry's over into the next day he stills cleans up the area as much as possible. When the job is complete he cleans up the site completely. He is my Go To carpenter/painter for small one-man projects.

Description of Work
Structural repairs and upgrade to porch w/ priming, caulking and painting.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

09/29/2017

William R.

Sergei did an amazing job removing the damaged termite areas and replacing with new wood and then putting up the new Hardie plank wood siding. I prepaid $5000, paid by checks, and were told by text every time they were coming on to my property. The final phase required an electrician to turn off power while Sergei fixed the siding around the power cables. They were very efficient and only had the power off for about 8 hours that minimized the disruption. They were very good at going over the type and cost of paint and the materials they would use in the project. The pain job really looks great and I could not be happier about the quality of the work that they did. I would definitely have them do another job for me.

Description of Work
I hired Leslie's painting to paint the exterior of my house. It was a big job that required removal of damaged wood siding and replacement with Hardie plank. I obtained several estimates and the Leslie's were able to identify exactly what needed to be done. Sergei and Oskana came in and went over the project and were very good at looking over the entire house to determine the scope of the project. They found that the back patio and support column needed repair and replacement of tiles. I also had 2 doors that needed replacement. They found an area of active termite infestation that our termite company never found. I likd that they talked to me regarding the pros and cons of the different types of paint which helped me select the right paint for the job.

Category contractors, decks, remodeling, siding, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

Review for Leslie Painting & Renovations LLC - 2451 PONTCHARTRAIN DR, Mobile, AL - 36331538

Thank you very much for the review. We will be happy to work for you in the future and provide with loyal customer discounts.

09/25/2017

Greg N.

these people are unreliable on both business ethic and communication. I had to reschedule to meet them several times after they failed to show up or didn't arrive in a time window as they promised. The day which they were supposed to start a work, only the wife, Oksana, showed up just to sign a contract. I happened to take a my child to a hospital for emergency and was late to meet "them" but I told her I would be home in 10', she yelled at my wife and left. She sent me a text with a rant that I disrespected their time, her husband got mad (he didn't show up so how he got mad...), I was distrust, etc ... I didn't complain for their no shows but they got pretty mad when I was a few minutes away and with my legit explanation. Be careful of these people: 1) they act and sound that you play by their rules, unreliable 2) they ask for paying a full price upfront; however, they would give you a bit discount if you pay them ALL CASH, you know what it means 3) Make sure they understand you perfectly because a communication with them can be lost in translation.

Description of Work
bathroom and roofing repairs

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

LOL! I knew it! When a person tells me several times that they are HONEST people, it's a red flag. This is a perfect example of a hater and a liar, who is hiding behind fictitious name on this site. You refused to pay 1/2 upfront. We visited his house TWICE, free estimates! You didn't have money for several months to handle his projects, but I have all my emails with them and proposals. We never take full price upfront before we start a job. We don't start work till sign a contract and prepay. PREPAY. We came to your house on 3 cars - mine, my husband and our helper. Your wife saw us, how we took our tools out, ready to work. You failed to notify that you will be late. You are the one who didn't keep the appointment. The SICK child story maybe true, and we wanted to give you another chance, but you refused to pay 1/2. You want us to trust you, but you don't trust us. We always keep appointments, and we don't yell at our customers.

08/07/2017

Rachel B.

Wonderful. Very very professional and do wonderful work! Very fair pricing. I would recommend Leslie paining to everyone.

Description of Work
Crown molding installation. Painting-trim work

Category remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

08/03/2017

Jon S.

There were weather delays, but they kept us informed as the dates had to be changed. Once they were able to work, they did it quicker than we'd expected, and it looks great.

Description of Work
replace woodwork around exterior (mostly around chimney); paint new wood and trim; paint deck.

Category remodeling, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

06/18/2017

Russell A.

Called three separate companies and Leslie's was the only one that came out. They were very professional and had the job done in a timely manner. Would definitely use them again

Description of Work
Had three drywall issues repaired.

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters