JERKINS CONSTRUCTION

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2008

ADDITIONAL CONTACT: SHEREE.

Amenities

ask for details
This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

3.6

Cheryl B.
12/13/2010
I submitted a review on this company a couple of years ago. I now know so much more about the work this company did since I had a few more major jobs done by them. I am embarassed to admit it, but I was a sucker and let Mr Jerkins prey on my weaknesses. I am a widow living alone and was left with an unfinished job. I hired him to add an addition to my house and after preying on my sympathies and not only pleading me to pay for the job before it was done (which I know never to do), but also borrowing a large sum of money, he (& his wife and 4 young children) left and even moved out of the house they were renting, leaving numerous outstanding bills and no forwarding address. I've since found out he never had the required permits, and the people who finished the job for me showed me dozens of things he did improperly. I hope no one else has trusted him. I apologize for the glowing rating I gave him. I also know now how many things were incorrectly done with the job I rated.
Description of Work
Unfinished- Please read below
Category
handyman service, plumbing, garage builders, woodworking, home remodeling
john S.
08/29/2010
They never returned my phone calls
Description of Work
They never returned my phone calls
flooring contractor
Jim C.
05/31/2010
Very good
Description of Work
Replaced 3 porch columns and replaced an attic ladder
home remodeling
Cheryl B.
07/10/2009
Very, very well. Some people think I'm picky,but I believe in attention to detail; maybe because of being career military (plus both my parents having been in the service). I would go over Mr Jerkins' work with a fine tooth comb and the very minor items I picked out (usually from a previous problem hidden under the wall paper) he made improvements on right away. As far as start to finish I've listed that in the section above.
Description of Work
Remodeling of Kitchen: Stripped off old wall paper and cottage cheese ceiling; Painted ceiling and walls (including patching & smoothing any flaws, holes, uneven areas, etc.) of kitchen and breakfast-nook; adapted cabinets (excellent woodworking) to accomodate new appliances; custom made drawers in all lower cabinets, to slide out making contents easily reachable; Removed old counter tops, sink and plumbing, so new countertops could be installed; connected all new plumbing, faucet,etc.; tiled kitchen and breakfast-nook floors; installed microhood (adapting cabinet) and re-installed appliances; installed new light fixtures.
home remodeling
Robert J.
01/22/2008
Overall the job was great. The crew came in did what they needed to do and were done. They did not waste anytime and explained to me and my wife what would be done each step of the way. They were very professional, polite, and cleaned up just as if they were never here. We have more work coming up and I will definitely be using them again.
Description of Work
I had new countertops installed, and had new flooring put in. I also had new cabinets put in and had the kitchen repainted. They also built me a wonderful custom pantry. I had a little done in my living room, just basically a chair rail put up and in my bathroom I had a new vanity and sink installed new mirror, lighting, some sheetrock replaced and new flooring in there as well.
Category
custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

Other Information

Services offered

Payment options

FAQ

JERKINS CONSTRUCTION is currently rated 3.6 overall out of 5.

JERKINS CONSTRUCTION is open:

JERKINS CONSTRUCTION accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Yes, JERKINS CONSTRUCTION offers free project estimates.

No, JERKINS CONSTRUCTION does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, JERKINS CONSTRUCTION does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, JERKINS CONSTRUCTION offers emergency services.

No, JERKINS CONSTRUCTION does not offer warranties.

JERKINS CONSTRUCTION offers the following services: ANY REMODELS AND NEW ADDITIONS. REMODELING ANY PART OF THE HOME OR THE EXTERIOR. SERVICES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO PAINT, TILE, KITCHENS, BATHS, TRIM, AND MUCH MORE.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Jamison Flooring LLC

No reviews yet.

Jamison Flooring LLC

The owner and leading expert of Jamison Flooring has over 35 years of experience in laying all types of flooring, large and small commercial, and residential. As of 2020, the owner has branched off from a larger commercial/residential company in Northern Alabama to start a family-owned tile installation company. We specialize in residential ceramic tile, porcelain tile, stone tile, vinyl, laminate, linoleum, and engineered hardwood. We are creative with backsplash designs. We have expertise in installing custom walk-in showers. A special service we provide is offering financial assistance through health insurance or medical grant programs in order to install custom walk-in and handicap showers for customers who are both in need of in-home assistance or a safer mode of bathing and are financially unable to fund such an investment.

Surfside Services

(7)

Surfside Services

Licensed, Bonded, and Insured, we offer HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Home Repair, Home Cleaning, Lawn Care and Power Washing services. Each division employs only experienced, licensed professionals with years of experience in their trade. Whatever your home's need, Surfside Services will deliver affordable, quality work.

We guarantee your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!