Durable Designs

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

Our office of operation may differ from office hours. Site visits are scheduled between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. Because we are out of the office on site visits at various times, it is preferred to call ahead and request an appointment. However you are invited to visit our outdoor living showroom at any hour. Mention Angie's List when you call....

B & C Irrigation Systems

B&C Irrigation Systems, a Locally owned & operated business and was founded in 1999. Co-owners, Ben Doss and Chad Whorton, are natives of Madison County, Alabama, and are committed to providing excellence in workmanship and service. B&C Irrigation Systems is proud to be an A+ rated member of the Better Business Bureau and a member of the Huntsville/Madison County Builders Association. B&C Irrigation Systems values the professional relationships with area builders and have proven time and again to be a dependable source for them. Homeowners appreciate the honesty, work ethic and sincere dedication to customer care that have earned B&C Irrigation Systems an excellent reputation and referral base. Award winning.

Goode SiteWorks & Grading

Owner Operated SiteWork and Grading company specializing in building driveways, pads for shops and garages, parking pads, preparing yard for Sod or Grass Seed, clearing away brush and small trees, digging trench for French drains or other drainage needs. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Southern Concrete Finish

Please give me a call for all your concrete needs we do stamped concrete, fix crack concrete, driveways, sidewalks, slabs, pool decks, car ports, you name it we do it, call me for a free estimate. Thank You

08/12/2015

During installation the responsiveness was great. We do not live in the house and needed to correspnd via emails and texts. She sent photos and responded daily. When we finally got to visit and see the finished product first hand, we were not happy. One wall was not level. The top cap was not what we were told we would get. The stairway was narrow at the base and actuall is a safety hazard because...

Description of Work
Retaining walls.

Category decks,landscaping,masonry,hardscaping

03/05/2015

I drove to visit their new showroom near the Athens Fleamarket only to find out that it was not open yet. Called to set up an appointment to discuss planning an outdoor kitchen for my patio. Got their voicemail and left a message. Never received a call back. To be fair, I never tried calling them back either, however I have to wonder about a business that doesn't promptly return phone calls. I wou...

Description of Work
Provider did not perform any services.

Category hardscaping,patios

07/15/2014

Great experience! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
stained and stamped sidewalks

Category hardscaping,stamped concrete

07/14/2014

They did an excellent job. It was pretty much to look good; it really did improve the way the back of the house looked. So we built a new deck but we put the wall underneath so that it kind of framed the area so that it did not look so eroded. He was able to match the stone on the other parts of our house because he knew the quarry from where these stones came from. The house was built 25 years ag...

Description of Work
Durable Designs built about 75 ft stone wall on the underside of our deck making a perimeter under our house.

Category concrete repair,decks,patios

01/25/2014

They did a beautiful job under somewhat difficult conditions. Incredibly, they managed to match the existing stone on our house! Easy to work with and responsive to our taste and desires. Excellent job, I would highly recommend them. Pleasant, hardworking staff.

Description of Work
Durable Designs built 90 feet of stone wall to outline the ground under our new deck.

Category pavers, gravel

08/18/2013

they never responded to my request.

Description of Work
NONE

Category home builder

06/17/2013

Good, had bad work performed and they provided different courses of action. Current contractor fixed the problem, but had to go to the company CEO to get it resolved. But they corrected the problem and did not need to use Durable Designs.

Description of Work
Advise on Masonry work

Category masonry contractor","hardscaper

06/21/2012

They did a fine job. In the end, we were really happy with the work. It took a long time to finish but it wasn't really his fault. The pricing was what I expected. They were pretty responsive, punctual and very professional. It was worth it, I love my front porch.

Description of Work
Durable Designs did a decorative porch for us. I had to them put rails on my step and I had some rock work done to make it look old fashioned instead of looking like regular rails.

Category deck company","paver installer","stamped concrete contractor

05/01/2012

After meeting with the owners at the Huntsville Home and Remodelling show we scheduled an appointment for the designer to come out and provide an estimate for design servieces and construction for a full outdoor kitchen. My husband verified the appointment for Monday, April 30 at 5:30PM. At 5:45 we called the designer on his cell phone to be rudely told the office cancelled our appointment. No reason was given for this apparent cancellation and we were abruptly told that it would be our responsibility to reschedule with the office at another time seeing as how they cancelled the appointment. The individual was terse, gave no reason for this cancellation and wouldn't offer any assistance on rescheduling. Durable Designs just lost a sell. I guess they did not need the estimated $20,000.00 budget we were willing to spend. Update, Mrs. Austin has contacted us numerous times to remedy the situation and is definitely focused on ensuring a prospective isn't treated unprofessional by any of her staff in the future.

Description of Work
Company did not honor their scheduled time therefore no services were performed.

Category hardscaper

03/08/2012

I hired Paula Austin as my real estate agent when I was moving last year, she helped us find our perfect forever home. We knew going in that it needed lots of work and we were up for the challenge. I wasn't aware of it when I hired her but she also owns Durable Designs with her husband Lee. Over the first year of owning this home I had called her several times for referrals for electricians and plumbers and she was always more than helpful and hooked me up with some awesome people. When we decided to do our fireplace I contacted Durable Designs and thought I'd give them a shot at biding the work. Not only did Lee have the most perfect design for it but he said it would only take a day and a half and the price was right and he was way more professional than the other contractors I had met. Just like when I had worked with Paula it seemed to be a good match. Well Lee showed up exactly when he said he would (never heard of a contractor actually showing up on time!) and the work was done exactly in the amount of time he said and the ugliest part of our room is now the best part of our house! So glad I met the Austin's, they are really great people and when I get ready to have an outside kitchen I will call them first!

Description of Work
add stone fireplace

Category ceramic tile installer","masonry contractor","paver installer","fireplace company","hardscaper

Outdoor Living, Landscaping, Stonework, Masonry, Pavers, Tile, Stamped Concrete. Outdoor Kitchens, Patios, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling, Porches & Steps, Indoor & Outdoor Fireplaces, & Water Features. Hardscape Design & Construction.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa