Cobalt Roofing & Construction

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2009

4.4

9582 Madison Blvd. Ste 15

Madison, AL 35758

We take roofs seriously as well as outdoor kitchens, and kitchen & bath remodeling. We are one of the few certified by Certainteed as a shingle Master Company. Our roofing company has over 15 years of experience and our staff is highly qualified and dedicated to building quality roofs. We price

02/16/2017

Deborah S.

I'm still waiting for him to fix something that he said he would 4 years ago and he hasn't. We gave up.

Description of Work
New metal roof

02/06/2017

Stephen S.

David did a great job getting the insurance co to pony up the money to get the job done properly. His crew did a great job and cleaned up well. He paid attention to small details and made us very happy.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Thank you. It was a pleasure to work for this customer,David

01/12/2016

Patricia B. R.

It was a nightmare and they refunded our money. They showed up outside my house and said, "Oh, we're supposed to be here to do it again," about two weeks ago. I said, "No. You know the money was refunded. Go away." They were almost intimidating. Even the lady that worked for them was arrested for embezzling from the company. We just didn't want to deal with them anymore. They did not paint my house. They were not allowed to. It was insane. I've never had that kind of an issue. What stood out was the total incompetence from the company. They were calling and kept putting it off and putting it off and putting it off. It was just horrible. I've never dealt with people like that. After all that it was just like, "Okay. I want my money back because I don't even want these people around my house." And then, for him to show up a couple of weeks ago was really creepy.

Description of Work
We purchased a big deal from them for $499. They were going to clean and paint and caulk.

Category house painters

I don't have any record of this address;If a customer is not happy I will refund the money..no excuses. Our company policy is to make every customer happy. I appreciate the opportunity to be your contractor thank you, sincerely David

12/14/2015

Sandra B.

Do not pre-pay with this company. Evidently, it was poorly priced.. Everyone of his employees came out said "no, can't do it for that price", but I had already paid for the job through Angie's List. When the representative first came out, he quoted all this stuff he could do, but I only wanted what I had paid for. It almost took me throwing a fit to get them to do the job quoted & paid for. I still have uneven places that the worker did not smooth out. Also, I was constantly being told he would be out at a certain time and then the worker who was supposed to be a supervisor would not show up. NEVER PREPAY WITH COBOLT CONSTRUCTION.

Description of Work
removed the popcorn from ceiling and re-mudded the ceiling. . Very poor job

Category drywall, roofing

Some People you can't make happy, the job cost me twice what she payed. removing the popcorn consists of Usually making the area smoothe . The condition of the drywall was not usual , nor was the amount of content on the floor Before the job began; my workers explained the amount of drywall repair, Her interpretation of the BIG DEAL was different than ours. With the hopes of making Her happy I started the job, She never said thank you.

08/25/2015

Dena D.

It took two days and the workers were on time and completed the job. Looks great!!

Description of Work
installed a side walk in the front of house. Fabulous .

06/26/2015

Albert B.

My effort was handyman work but I was left to feel an afterthought. Work wasn't bad but took several days of minutes at a time (not the usual mud drying time although it was offered as an excuse) and incurred more cost than the "deal" of a few hours.

Description of Work
Sheetrock finishing and touch up paint

Category drywall, roofing, interior painters

04/20/2015

Charles B.

They were part of it that didn't go too well, but overall, the service was good and it had a positive outcome.

Description of Work
I used Cobalt Roofing & Construction

04/02/2015

Amy B.

I cannot express how easy and wonderful our experience was with Cobalt Roofing and David. Our roof had been damaged during a storm in October 2014. He was present for the insurance inspection and made sure that everything was documented. He also handled the insurance end regarding the cost and making sure we were getting what we needed. I have never actually use my homeowners insurance, so I was unsure of what to expect. David made the process so simple. He was overly fair priced and gave us multiple upgrades and provided additional services at no cost. He did not require any upfront payment. He was exceptionally professional. I cannot say enough good things about our experience. The process (with homeowners insurance) takes time, but David was on the job immediately after the insurance approved everything. The men who did the work were efficient, considerate, and hardworking. The roof looks amazing and we are very pleased with the results. As for the payment process, we did not pay him until after our insurance reimbursement was given to us. He did not pressure or push about anything financial and understood the time frame of using homeowners insurance claims. I was very grateful for how respectful and understanding he was. Honestly, it was so simple and easy on my end. I kept thinking it was too good to be true, but it was good. I would highly recommend using Cobalt.

Description of Work
We had the entire roof replaced. Also, some general water damage repair work done in a bedroom.

Category roofing, water damage restoration

03/23/2015

Patricia T.

We had a minor leak in my bedroom closet. He went into the attic and could not see where the leak was coming from. He looked for the leak from the roof as well and he let me know that my roof should have about 7 years left in it. He was on time and polite but only at my home for about 15 minutes.

Description of Work
He sealed around a light pole and looked for a leak in our roof.

03/09/2015

John L.

Everything did work out well with the deal. Scheduling went well and he was here for about an hour. They did a good job. We have been pleased with the results.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a roof tune up.

02/24/2015

Jack C.

Found extensive hail damage and recommended contacting home insurer to file a claim.

Description of Work
Inspect roof

01/26/2015

VIRGINIA G.

It was not terribly good. They came and saw the job. They said that they couldn’t do it and they never did do it. I paid the money and never got anything out of it. We had water damage in the ceiling of our rec room and the ceiling was coming down. He said that it was a much bigger job than he thought it would be and that it would cost more money. I asked him to give me a call with the estimate but he never called me back. I didn’t call them back. There was no additional charge. He did come on time. He didn’t do anything but just took the money and left. The price for what he did was way high. He never gave an estimate of what it would cost.

Description of Work
I bought the Big Deal for Cobalt Roofing & Construction.

Category drywall

This job was completed over a year ago And the person that gave customer a quote no longer works here I will be happy to accommodate you.

01/08/2015

Melissa H.

My roof had a leak that dripped through the walls of my stairwell to my first floor. I was expecting to pay thousands for a roof replacement. When the Cobalt guy investigated, he said he could just seal the leak for about $75. I was elated! The repair was awesome. He said the repair would sometime next week. I didn't even know the repair had been done until I received a text letting me know they were finished. It would be so great if we could trust everyone to do the job quickly and easily, like the Cobalt guys.

Description of Work
Repair roof leaf around chimney

12/23/2014

Bernard Q.

Poorly, did a general inspection. Not like the "special " described. Cost should have been about $20.00.

Description of Work
Walked on roof and calked two windows.

The coupon is for $59. I did inspect the roof ; a couple shingles had blown off the night before.I had to wear cougar paws and use a rope to repeal down the backside of his roof so I could get a good look at the missing shingles . I also put my hands on the shingles that appeared to be in good condition, However the seals were broke and if the shingle wont reaseal then it is considered damaged. I had my calk gun out and I calked the customers windows( which is something that is not on the coupon) I did it because it needed to be done. I did not ask for any money. The customer was cordial I thought everything went well, We made arrangements for me to meet with the Insurance adjuster, however the customer never called me back with the time and date of the appointment. consequently the adjuster was only willing to pay for a patch, the insurance payment would of been less than the deductible. I have been thru the same scenrio more times than I can count, However I can remember how many times I put on a half roof at the request of an Adjuster , "zero" I think patch jobs devalue the property. The wind storm we had in October, I was able to negoitate full roof replacement. The house at 301 bob g hughes Harvest, the adjustert was with another roofing company and all the two of them came up with was a tarp and replacing 2 shingles. the two neighbors across the street had missing shingles and their Insurance company paid for partial/patched roof. I was able to find the damage and prove it to a area supervisor.. I know what to look for and I know what the insurance companies will pay for. I don't charge anything for meeting an insurance Adjuster.I will inspect any residential property for free, sincerely David

12/18/2014

Jay M.

The price was really excellent and, according to the research I did, they used top quality shingles. The roofing job went very well. The crew arrived early, worked hard and stayed very late. They definitely knew what they were doing. There were some communication issues but overall it caused no problems. The finished roof looks fantastic. The cleanup after the job was good. I have found some nails but I guess it is impossible, even dragging around magnets, to retrieve the all My only gripe is I never received an official "paid in full invoice" for my records. I have repeatedly asked for something sign/stamped but to no avail. The sent me a "warranty" but I really need a paid in full invoice for my records. I give them an A- for this reason alone.

Description of Work
They replaced a 15 year old hail damaged roof.

I use the highest quality materials , thats why Im confident giving a 10 year warranty. that covers leaks and any damage associated with leak. I really appreciate the good review, I love what I do. When I get done with a job I want your home to look perfect. I also replaced a piece of hardie siding- My prices are very competitive- Some people might think because I have store front and workmens comp that i am expensive. When actually because I do large commercial jobs I get a good deal on materials and I have great prices- David

11/26/2014

Art K.

I got a deal that was very deceptively written. When I called, I could tell by talking to the guy that this was nothing more than a fish hook to hook you in and then try to get you to spend more money and it was not a good deal at all. The deal was for building and remodeling plans for $180.00 and the way it was written it sounded that they would do a set of drawing for your home or a set of drawings for remodeling. When I called the guy he said it was for one or two rooms but that is not what is stated on the ad. He got a little bit abusive and I said that there was no way in the word I would do a business relationship with him. He did not seem he was someone I would want to work with.

Category architect

The deal is for remodeling or renovation plans..I started to explain and the customer and cutt me off. If someone wanted a addition or a back porch or outdoor kitchen... The customer wanted custom house plans.. The most affordable way is to buy stock plans and have some changes done. I stated I could take $500 off , if He bought the Big deal.. He stated that the advertising was deceptive, I replied no Sir its not, It a$500 value for $189 . "You could have a custom house plans drawn for $1,000 let alone $500" Is that abusive? I really don't understand How someone can make accusation based on limited knowledge. Even after I explained the Big Deal, I cleared up any and all misunderstandings. I'm having trouble believing that this is a real situation, angies list calls me and pretends that they are customers...... surely if it was real, after He makes a few phone calls He will see thats its a very good deal. Maybe He will call and apologize. If not, I forgive him before He asks. I hope that this review does not deture someone from calling me, I'm happy to answer all questions. sincerely David

11/20/2014

Michael C.

He told me that I didn't need it painted just washed. Advised me to get a refund.

Description of Work
$1,999 for Exterior House Painting

Category house painters

I consider myself in the business of helping people When I work on the exterior of a home;I don't nail into rotten wood, all sides Primed, corners calked and the highest quality paint. Roofs , lead pipe flashing and synthetic felt. As well as water proof membrane around dormers and valleys , However if the roof has a little life left or I can remove algae from house without painting I want home owners and Insurance Companies to trust my professional opinion. Thanksgiving and Blessings to all-David

10/24/2014

Katherine A.

David Francis showed up on time in his bright Cobalt blue truck, pulled out his telescoping ladder and walked about the roof. He inspected the roof all over, caulked a few spots, and flattened a vent boot corner that had curled up in a recent storm. He came inside to look at the water stain, and explained that it was probably from a torrent of water going down the roof valley a couple of feet away with some small amount driven under the shingles by the wind. (This makes sense to me because the stain appeared after a harsh storm with unusual easterly winds on Oct 10-11, while no further water damage appeared after major storms the following week with westerly winds.) He was happy to explain what he was looking for in terms of roof condition and construction methods, and what makes for a good roofing job. He would have recommended painters to deal with the water stain had I asked him. I was happy with his prompt response in scheduling the inspection, and his punctuality and professionalism. I didn't rate the price because it was an Angie's List Big Deal, nor the quality because the repairs were so minor. It was well worth the $49 for peace of mind.

Description of Work
I bought the roof inspection & tune-up special for $49 because I'd had a small water stain appear after a recent storm.

Category roofing, water damage restoration

Thank You!

10/23/2014

Christopher D.

We had a bad experience with the first technician who didn't fix the problem, and who we found out later (after we submitted our first review) was fired. We submitted a poor review on Angie's List, since the technician wouldn't get back to us and the problem had not been fixed. The owner was very eager to remedy the situation, and showed up quickly to try to fix the problem. We then wanted to wait until the next time it rained to see if the problem had been fixed. However, the owner was in such a hurry for us to change our review, that he basically started harassing us, not wanting to wait until it rained so we could see if the problem had been resolved. In the space of a few days of our initial poor review, he called and messaged us multiple times, and even showed up at our home without an appointment to try to convince us to just pour water on the roof to see if it was fixed, and then change our review. In my opinion this pestering us to change our review was very unprofessional, especially since all we wanted to do was wait for it to rain so the roof could be tested in a realistic scenario. I am submitting this review prior to it raining and seeing if the fix worked, so that I can be done with this and stop getting calls and messages asking me to change the review. I hope that what he did fixed the roof, but if it didn't, I will be looking elsewhere for the next repair. This probably has no effect on the work, and it may just be a pet peeve of mine, but the messages that we received through Angie's List from this provider were riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes, adding to the appearance of not being professional. Had I received such an unprofessional message from them prior to any work being done, I would not have employed their services.

Description of Work
Sealed and calked the shingles and gutter to prevent water from running down the side of the house.

The customer complained about not being able to get a hold of a salesmen who no longer works for Cobalt, had he called the office He would of gotten a secretary or administration/accountant . He also complained about a leak repair, however it was done for free. No compensation was paid. Yes I was over eager to have the review changed from a D, the customer agreed to change the review after I fixed it, so I did not charge him again...then the customer's wife told me that the husband wanted to wait until it rains, “do you think he would mind if I put a hose on it and water tested it? I was never rude and I never insulted the customer. I really care what grades I receive. If I'm late and don't call I deserve an F. If I go to someone’s house for an inspection and fix something small and don't charge, I'm trying to create good will. If I see a family that needs a repair to their home and it has been an ongoing issue, I will make the repair for free or finance the job with no expectations. When I first read the review I was upset... I was distracted from spending quality time with my family. However, I don't know what the man has been going through. When I think about what I can do better, maybe I just ought to realize that I am not going to be able to please everyone. I should be all that more appreciative to the people who are kind and considerate- David

10/21/2014

Stephanie C.

Cobalt roofing did a great job. Even came on the weekend to fix the roof.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in the roof of our porch.

Category decks, roofing

10/12/2014

William H.

The provider was unable to provide the service due to scheduling issues

Description of Work
The provider came to my site and reviewed the task and then promised an estimate

10/07/2014

Brian B.

David came out to review the work done, and after his consult, I decided not to have the work done. I had cracks in my concrete driveway, and he advised me that because of the water flow on the sides of my driveway, he did advise repairs, and it wasn't prudent to redo the entire driveway. I appreciate his honesty and professionalism and would not hesitate to contact him again for work.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from the company.

Category concrete repair

I called you yesterday and left a voicemail. I will call you in the morning. I apologize for any inconvience , I do want your business , sincerely David

09/23/2014

Pat J.

I needed repairs to a skylight from squirrel damage, and shingles replaced and a section of gutters repaired from a large tree branch hitting roof. Found Colbalt Roofing on Angie's List and called to get estimate. Set a time to meet David Francis (Cobalt) at my home to discuss repairs. As soon as David got on the roof he mentioned it looked as though the roof had hail damage. I really didn't pay that much attention to his comment as the roof had been replaced within the last 8-10 years and it looked fine to me other than the damaged area from the tree branch and the skylight. He took notes and said he would work up an estimate and get back with me within 24 hours. The next day he sent me a reasonable estimate $375.00 to repair the skylight, repair damaged section of gutter, and replace small section of wood on roof and put down new shingles. We scheduled a time for the repair. He again mentioned that roof looked like it had hail damage and recommended I consider calling my Insurance Company. Although I had doubts I called them. They asked that I hold off on the repairs until they send a claim adjustor. I notified David and he said no problem and stated he would meet the adjustors when they arrived if needed. The insurance claim adjustor came and confirmed there was severe hail and wind damage to the roof. He demonstrated to me on section in the roof where there were lines in the shingles and he grabbed and flipped them up. He also noticed hail damage to the gutters not caused by the tree branch. There were numerous dents in the gutters and downspouts and numerous scratches and dents in the other four skylights that I thought was just normal wear and tear. Because of the extensive damage on the roof the adjustor asked to look at the inside of the house where he found minor damage and water spots on the ceiling in three rooms. Some needed minor repair to the drywall and repainting. All the repair was covered under my policy other than the damage caused by the squirrel, minus the deductible. David at Cobalt Roofing provided an estimate for repairs with like materials (architectural shingles) within the insurance claim estimate. He also offered the opportunity to upgrade the quality of the roof shingles to a shingle called Presidential Shake because of a surplus he had from a previous job that matched the color of our house. Because of the surplus and with the deep discount I was able to obtain the higher quality shingles at the same cost of the architectural shingles. The roofing crew was very professional and did an excellent job. It did take a little longer than anticipated because of bad weather. Every evening the crew did a thorough cleanup before departing. After the roof was completed the painting crew came in and made repairs to the drywall, painted and cleaned up in one day. My wife and I are extremely pleased with the quality of the work performed. We now have the best looking roof in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Replace roof shingles, repair four skylights, remove and replace gutters and down spouts, interior ceiling repair and repaint ceiling in three rooms.

Category drywall, gutter repair, roofing, skylights, interior painters

09/10/2014

Edwin V.

On September 8,2014 at 7:20 pm there was no sign from anyone from this company in sight. When I tried to call Mr. Davis it went straight to voice mail.

Description of Work
I called Cobalt Roofing and Construction on Wednesday, September 3, 2014. I inquired about their special for $699.00. The lady who answered the phone stated that she did not know much about it but that someone would call me within a day. I did not get my call until September 7, 2014 from Mr. David from Cobalt Roofing and Construction. He agreed to be at my house at 7:00 pm on September 8, 2014.

Category concrete repair

I apologize for the confusion and I will honor the concrete special . Please text me 256-694-0071 and will come to your house with my concrete guy,thank you David

09/09/2014

Daniel S.

Technician was prompt, courteous, and helpful. Informed us that the roof was in good shape, though showing signs of age (it's 15 years old), and that it could probably go another couple of years. Also gave us a lot of good information about alternatives when it is time for replacement.

Description of Work
Inspected roof.

We appreciate your business. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

SouthernDry

"The team here at SouthernDry specializes in Foundation Repair, Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space Encapsulation and drainage. We serve most of Alabama, including Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, as well as western Georgia. If you are concerned about foundation problems or wet basement problems, we offer free evaluations to both homeowners and businesses. This free evaluation also includes a custom project plan at no additional cost. We are not a ""big box"" company. We never hire subcontractors to meet demand. We are a small group of experienced local industry professionals that rely on word of mouth and online reviews to support our business. This allows us to spend more time on each project and carefully craft custom project plans. We offer high-end repairs and service quality, but we don't sponsor major sports teams and you wont see our ads on TV, which allows us to offer affordable pricing. We stand by our work and back it with a Lifetime Warranty. If something goes wrong, you can rest assured we'll be back to fix it."

The Rock Foundation Repair

The Rock Foundation Repair gives clients a wide scope of alternatives important to balance out or fix foundational issues. From the principal telephone call until the last investigation on a finished activity, The Rock Foundation Repair experts promise to give the most remarkable help accessible in the business today. With more than twenty years experience in the construction industry, we understand what it means to offer customers a solid item, redid arrangements, and remarkable help. A "Guarantee to Excellence" in view of severe quality control methodology is fused into all parts of the everyday tasks. This soul of eagerness and responsibility from our faculty is the establishment whereupon The Rock Foundation Repair has been manufactured. This responsibility has earned The Rock Foundation Repair is a huge number of fulfilled clients who comprehend the advantages of working with a quality assistance organization. Our assessing staff is prepared not exclusively to perceive an issue, yet additionally to offer a suitable answer for your establishment need.

Offers by The Rock Foundation Repair on Angi
    WallacePowerWashing

Give me a call for all your power washing needs -driveway cleaning -house washing -roof cleaning -gutters -fences/decks FREE estimates best prices and just looking to make the customer happy

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
    $500

Roofing - residential, commercial installation & repair - metal, slate and asphalt/composite roofing, radient barrier systems, gutter replacement, hardie siding ,vinyl siding & sofits. Outdoor kitchens, kitchen and bath remodels. room additions. Painting exterior and interior.