Champion Home Remodeling & Construction Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2009

3.3

265 Royal Drive

Madison, AL 35758

Whatever your next construction project, Champion Home Remodeling & Construction, Inc. is here to help. From remodeling your kitchen to re-roofing your home, Champion Home Remodeling in Huntsville & Madison, Alabama is experienced in all facets of construction. Whether you need new siding, new

03/10/2016

Jacqueline S.

Description of Work
Fix bathroom after hot water heater leak that took out ceiling and part of a wall.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

01/01/2016

Adrienne W.

Description of Work
Worked a punch list in a timely and professional manner. Will use them again.

07/28/2015

Kim T.

I objected to doing the work in the wrong order and was ignored. So they spent the first 1/2 day sealing the screws first and then came back later to finish putting in the panels. They only worked two 1/2 days and I was concerned they didn't do a good job. It was just too fast for the size of the roof and the number of screws that needed to be sealed. They demanded payment even though I did not receive a bill - and harassed me by calling several times. I said I didn't want to pay until it rained, but after being harassed I paid before it rained. So when the contractor working on the inside showed up he was unable to work because the roof is leaking so much. I also asked CHRC, Inc for a discount given they had put me behind schedule and delayed renting the apartment by a month. The owner of CHRC, INc refused - he could not have care less about the impact of his delay on my construction or my wallet. His only comment was that there is a warranty. Well now I need to put the warranty into effect - when I called they said they would look at it but gave me no assurrance the leaks would be fixed. I am very doubtful they will actually repair the work as agreed, given their irresponsibility to date. I waited to enter a review because I didn't want my disappointment regarding the delays to impact my review. But given the extremely poor work, I decided to list a review so others know how this company treats its customers. The attitude alone is enough for me to never recommend this contractor - he took my money and didn't do a good job - and doesn't appear to care whether he did a good job. He doesn't call me, he pushes the responsibility down to one of his workers.

Description of Work
I am building an apartment in my stable. After paying a 25% deposit and being told it would take 2 to 3 weeks for the roof to be repaired, they failed to show. At 5 weeks I called and was told the owner forgot about the job. Someone was sent out who knew nothing about what the contract said or what was to be done. The job required replacing 4 plastic panels in the back of a large barn with new panels, putting adhesive tape between the edes of the new and existing metal panels, and sealing all srews to make the roof waterproof. When I signed the contract I was told they would replace the panels first, then finish by sealing all the screws. They were also supposed to identify any other problems that my make the roof leak - no such problems were identified. After 6 weeks of waiting I was told the materials hadn't been ordered and that they intended to seal the screws first, then replace the panels.

07/02/2015

Ken B.

Contractor was not the cheapest price but seemed to be trustworthy and professional and so I hired him to fix my rotted out chimney and replace vinyl siding with expensive ledge rock on the back deck as well as repair water damage to sheetrock, finish and repaint. When the job was finished it looked pretty good, though not perfect, and I paid him for the work with the security of a 1 year warranty and guarantee by Harold Champion. A few weeks later the expensive ledge rock began to crack all the way down the chimney on both outside corners. I contacted Harold and he assured me that he would "take care of it". A few weeks later I had not heard back from Harold but thought he would get to it when he could. Then the leaks began. Much worse than the leaks that caused the damage in the first place. Again I called Harold Champion and he assured me that he would send his crew out to "take care of it". After a few weeks I sent him pictures of the problem, which were obviously troubling, and he never called me back or acknowledge my text messages. I have chalked it up to a lesson learned but I thought it important to make as many potential customers as possible aware of Champion Home Remodeling. I am out 6500.00 and the problem is much worse than I could have imagined.

Description of Work
Re-built chimney, installed ledge rock, and repair water damage inside.

02/23/2014

Jacqueline S.

They were great. They were on time, worked with my schedule, extremely nice to work with, tidy and left the area very clean. The quality of work is excellent and I am a very picky person. I would hire this company again in a snap.

Description of Work
Restored guest bath after hot water heater ruptured due to severe cold weather and leaked, bring down half the ceiling and damaging half the walls. They ripped out the damaged wallboard, replaced and finished through the paint priming stage. I will do the painting as it is a special paint job of stripes. If you see this review under gutter repair and replacement, that is not the correct category. They are home remodeling and construction.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/29/2012

Gail B.

They started later than promised, ordered the wrong materials so job was delayed. The people who give you the estimate and make the promises are not the people who come to do the work. Not as good experience as we had hoped for.

Description of Work
WE had a glass patio enclosure put on back of our house. (I am guessing on the date work was done. It was after the tornado, but can't remember exactly when it was done)

Category remodeling, sunrooms

This appears to be the wrong company. It may be Champion Windows and Doors.

02/06/2012

GINGER P.

They did everything they were suppose to do and stuck to their bid. I also thought they were a little short to their punctuality, which makes sense as there was a high demand due to the tornado.

Description of Work
I hired Champion Home Remodeling & Construction to repair roof and gutter damage from the tornado.

Category gutter repair, roofing

10/19/2009

Melissa W.

They did an excellent job. They kept a clean work site. They were done with most of the work in about two days. They had to special order some glass which came in about two weeks later. They were very good about communicating with us and keeping us in the loop throughout the project. It seemed pricey, but for the final product that we got it was good. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Champion Home Remodeling Construction Inc. came out to install an 11x17 foot patio room on my home.

Category sunrooms

06/08/2009

Ben G.

On two different occasions (2008 being the second), I needed work done on my house and called Champion for an estimate. Both times, Harold Champion arrived at the house right on time and handled the technical details of the estimate in a very professional manner (i.e., everything on paper with cost breakouts, etc.). That said, Harold has a very grating, cocksure attitude that is very off-putting, and some of his conduct is downright unprofessional. During both visits, he spent 20 minutes or so telling me in a very arrogant manner how much money his company made the previous year and about all the features in his huge luxury home, which -- he will assure you -- he fully deserves for all his hard work. I don't begrudge the guy his success, but no one likes a braggart, especially when he is giving you a bid for several thousand dollars of work on your home. Of course, when I saw his estimate, I understood why he makes so much money -- It was twice as high as the next closest bid I got. But Harold's arrogance knows no bounds. When I called him to tell him we were going with someone else, he didn't thank me for considering him or wish me well -- Instead, he haughtily told me that you get what you pay for and then snidely added, "Who knows, maybe it'll work out for you." I think one reason Harold gets jobs is he is college-educated (a brilliant former engineer, he will gladly inform you) and so appeals to many professional people turned off by "redneck" contractors. I have no idea how good his work is, but his sales pitch comes off more than a bit sleazy. Not only do I not like this guy, I don't trust him. Not by a long shot.

Description of Work
Got estimate two different times, but not impressed either time.

Category remodeling

Its hard to believe an individual would give a company a bad rating without giving them the opportunity to even do the work. This evaluation is based on a meeting that lasted maybe an hour. I guess we can't service them all.

08/11/2008

Judi P.

They did a great job. The job took a couple days. The estimate they gave was fair. They came when they said they would. The workmanship was excellent. They also did a great job cleaning up. We were not disappointed in any way. We will use them again in the future and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They put in a new base floor and tile in our bathroom because, it needed to be replaced due to flooding.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

07/27/2008

Ed J.

Worst experience I've ever had with a home repair. I repeatedly called Mr. Champion to come in person and inspect the roof or at least send a crew that spoke English so we could properly communicate. He never returned my phone calls. My last communication with him was by phone - he would not speak to me directly but told a company employee to say that the contract was with the previous owner and he didn't care if the roof was repaired or not. He said if I wanted to report him to the Better Business Bureau I could just go ahead. He is the most unprofessional, discourteous, unscrupulous person I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. Steer clear of this swindler.

Description of Work
Company was hired by the previous owner of our house to find and repair the source of a leak from the garage roof. Her husband died of cancer in April 2005 and she put the house up for sale in August. She hired Mr. Champion to repair the roof in July but he did not show up to do the work until November of 2005 (after we had already purchased the house and moved in). He sent a crew of three men who could not speak a word of English. They replaced a few shingles and a piece of flashing. They seemed completely inept and unprofessional and left without even telling me they were finished. The garage roof promptly leaked the first time it rained again.

If the customer wants to purchase a transferable warranty, then we will extend the warranty to the new owner with that owner being specified for the warranty. Otherwise, there are legal reasons why no company would work on a house without a written contract.

12/17/2007

Andrea P.

Company started strong. Our biggest mistake was not having a detailed contract and not having an attorney review the contract prior to working with this company. As the project continued, delays increased and it became difficult to have workmen complete tasks (tile work, electrical and plumbing suffered especially from delays). The quality of the work was substandard and we are currently having to pay plumbers and electricians to complete/repair the work. The only time we heard from the contractor was when he thought he needed to be paid. He never went to the job site unless he was meeting us specifically, which happened twice after the job started. The "foreman" for the job seemed to want to do his best, but he was juggling multiple jobs and could not remember what he was supposed to be doing for us, despite having written instructions. We spend HOURS on the phone trying to manage the job - which we were paying a contractor to do. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Description of Work
Home Remodel with some new construction.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, remodeling

09/17/2007

John S.

In my opinion, the management at Champion Home Remodeling Construction Inc. did not posses the expertise or employ the skilled professional personnel to do the job that I contracted and paid them for. The quality work was/is unsatisfactory and the completion times far exceeded my expectations with weeks and weeks without workmen showing up. Throughout the construction, we were not extended the courtesy of being informed when workmen would or would not be on site, even after we requested this information several times. This forced someone to be at home the first four or five hours every day waiting for someone to show up. This lack of courtesy went on for several months. In most cases, the workers failed to clean up after themselves, even though this was an occupied existing home and not new construction. This left us to live in debris, dust and filth, if we didn't clean up after them. As far as I'm concerned, the complete project was/is a very costly nightmare and a fiasco.

Description of Work
Add a bedroom, bathroom, closet and hall to the rear of the house with new windows, doors and siding. Addition to the front with a stone wall exterior, new door, windows, roof, and concrete front porch, Add a back deck and 6 new windows replacing old windows. New gutters on the new additions. Cabinets and tile in three bathrooms. Sheetrock and paint throughout the new construction.

Category remodeling

This customer refused to pay according to the contract and legal action was pursued. Due to him having to pay for the contract in the end, angieslist was the format he chose to slander the company.

Whatley Plumbing LLC

We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate.

1-800-Plumber + Air of Huntsville

1-800-Plumber +Air is located in Huntsville, AL and is focused on being the BEST! It's not about being better than everyone else, instead our focus is on providing you with the fast, dependable plumbing and emergency services when you need it most. Our goal is to give you the BEST experience you have ever received from a service based business. The 1-800-Plumber +Air team has the expertise to meet your needs with an easy to remember name and phone number, so call us today for help with all your home or business plumbing, drain cleaning, and heating and cooling needs.

Offers Coupon

Reds Restoration, LLC

Over 15 years of experience in the industry, with the knowledge and dedication to make sure the job is done right! We don't leave until you're satisfied with the finished product. Call or click for an estimate, today! *Free estimates within a 50 mile radius. *Outside 50 miles, a $25-$50 fee will apply. This fee will be applied to the invoice as a credit when work is complete.

Check, Financing Available

Bathroom Remodels • Kitchen Remodeling • Vinyl Siding • Hardiplank Siding • Roofing • Garages • Additions • Construction • Carpentry • Home Improvements • Tile Installation • Hardwood Floors • Vinyl Flooring • Replacement Windows • Framing • Drywall • Painting • Doors • Skylights • Home Repair • Trim & Crown Molding • Home Builder