J & J Quality Remodeling

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2010

3.4

124 Eva Ct

Huntsville, AL 35811

Locally owned & operated....

12/06/2021

Charles R.

Did not properly clean up after work. Had to clean dried grout off bathroom door and pick it out of carpet. Had to scrape off paint left on mirror and light fixtures. Had to vacuum out dust from sanding out of air vent. Caulking in bathroom was incomplete. Cabinet was not reinstalled properly. Left many messages that were ignored. Did not show up or call when work was supposed to be done. Charged us extra for items agreed upon in original contract. Recommend that older citizens especially beware this contractor.

Description of Work
Remodeling of shower and bathroom floor

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

07/16/2014

Phil W.

I was pretty satisfied. He accomplished what he said he was going to do. It is hard to get a hold of him sometimes.

Description of Work
I ended up using the services of J & J Quality Remodeling. They did roofing and some light repairs at my mother's house that we ended up selling last year. We are getting ready the house for selling and there were several painting, roofing and related items that needed to be done.

Category handyman service, roofing

12/05/2013

william G.

I have had a very good experience there. It's excellent work and good prices and they were reliable and I was very satisfied. I will probably use them again for some other kinds of things.

Description of Work
I used J & J Quality Remodeling; they did two different bathrooms and then the game room.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

07/19/2013

Rebecca F.

James Jones and his remodeling crew spent a week at our house completing a long list of repairs we needed in preparation for selling our 1965 ranch-style home. The biggest job on the list involved ripping out old sheet vinyl flooring in the family room and kitchen and replacing it with new tile flooring. This was a truly difficult job, especially since we discovered multiple layers of flooring and previous water damage in the kitchen subfloor (that clearly had resulted from previous sloppy remodeling jobs). In addition to taking up the old floor and expertly - I mean perfectly! - laying new tile throughout three rooms and in tricky closets, they also repaired numerous other issues with our house, involving rotating a toilet, fixing bathtub problems, installing a new dishwasher, installing new light fixtures, and moving some light fixtures around in the basement. We had worked with this company previously (they installed a brand new front door with sidelights in this house in 2009), and again we were impressed with the quality and speed of their work. J and J Remodeling can fix almost anything and have a broad set of skills from carpentry to plumbing to electrical. They complete their jobs on time with the utmost professionalism, they fix and remodel things the right way, and do this for an extremely reasonable price. They are also pleasant to work with and are genuinely honest, cheerful people. I highly recommend this company if you need any repairs or need to remodel your home. We had an offer on our home within 5 days of listing it (in a slow market), and we believe the beautiful improvements that J and J Remodeling made really helped that happen.

Description of Work
Removed damaged vinyl and installed new tile flooring in three rooms, completed multiple kitchen and bathroom repairs, installed or moved new light fixtures in 5 rooms

Category handyman service

05/13/2010

Barb H.

Mr. Jones did very poor quality work in my home. He ran electrical and plumbing but did not use a licensed electrician or licensed plumber, never applied for the required permits, overloaded a circuit breaker, and the line running to that breaker has a bare splice sitting right on the floor joist. He then denied to the Better Business Bureau (in mediation) that he even did any electrical or plumbing though it's right in the proposal and I was billed for it. He closed black mold back up in my walls, built wavy wall build-outs, and the paint job was atrocious (wall paint on the ceiling and smoothed a portion of my popcorn ceiling without re-texturing it). When he hung my cabinets he used only one or two nails in some of them; one cabinet was fortunate enough to have 3 nails. Out of $6864, I paid him $6,000 even though he never mailed me the bill, only a letter stating I still owe $864. Now when he knows the City is involved, on my last request for a bill from him it showed a balance of $3,089 as opposed to the $864 he said he was going to file a lien on my home for. I called the City out to perform an inspection and I failed the electrical (for the reasons already mentioned), other building codes were violated such as installing the insulation backwards, and possibly will fail the structural inspection because of 2x4's on the load bearing wall being cut; in the pictures I have taken it appears they are notched out by about 50-60% but the maximum allowable is 40%.. We won't know the full extent until we open the walls up to complete the inspection. The inspector believes the hot water heater line also has a splice in it but we cannot confirm that until the wall is removed. My 10' wall of cabinets has to be reconfigured because while the access door can still be opened on the electrical panel, it blocks the cover to the electrical box. Code says there must be a 15" clearance from the center of the box and I only have about 8". They also want to inspect my door headers because they may not have been framed properly (on one door, there is a large gap between the header board and the top of the door frame. Again, that requires removing the drywall.

Description of Work
In summary, he was hired to relocate a washer, dryer, hot water heater and sink, remove a door and place a window there, install the door in a different location, and remove a half wall to replace it with a full wall with a door, tile, and paint. When reading this report, please keep in mind that I, the homeowner, purchased all cased pre-hung doors, windows, tile, grout, thinset, junction boxes, insulation, kilz for the walls and the paint; the contractor provided the labor, the base trim, drywall, electrical wire, flexible plumbing lines, screws, and other incidentals, so the majority of his bill is labor.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Brick Brothers

We are Brick masons. We can match the mortar color better then anyone. We mix our own mortar with sand, portland and lime. Just started this business but worked 5 years as a brick mason in Colorado check out my work at @brickbrothers37380 on Facebook

Floor Max

FloorMax offers hardwood floor installation, sanding, staining, and finishing. We are Bona Certified Craftsman and professional results are guaranteed. All work is dust free and we use only the best products. We also offer concrete finishing and are EliteCrete certified.

Sloan Contracting LLC.

For general remodeling needs Give us a call or click to request a quote today!

Residential and commercial home remodeling, updates, indoor and outdoor, kitchens, granite countertops, cabinets, bathrooms, flooring, laminate, hardwood, tile, siding, doors, windows and replacements, sheetrock, decks & patios.