Heritage Painting And Remodeling

Huntsville, AL 35805

Residential and Commercial Interior and Exterior

07/07/2015

Lisa B.

Showed up on time. Quality work

Description of Work
Exterior painting

06/09/2015

Gabriel D.

ok

Description of Work
house paint

05/02/2015

James H.

Never called to advise delay or reschedule.

Description of Work
Failed to show up for mutually agreed quote appointment.

02/05/2015

Rosalie S.

He was very good. I was very pleased with him. It was very expensive work on my fencing. He was on time and he showed up well prepared. he was very organized. I felt like he was on top of things.

Description of Work
I had the fencing repaired by a company called Heritage.

Category decks, fencing

04/09/2014

Ellen M.

Mr. Teters responded to my email and met with me at the agreed on time. I never received a quote from him after that. It could have been that my mothers house to be painted was in Decatur and he is based in Huntsville.

Description of Work
I was inquiring about the price to paint the exterior of a house.

09/30/2013

Seymour A M.

No return of call for request of estimate to repair, replace, paint white outside fence posts

Description of Work
No response to request for estimate to repair, replace, paint white outside fence posts

Category decks, handyman service, house painters

(removed member name), I apologize for not responding to your request for an estimate. I have double checked and can't find where you tried to contact me. It is possible I could have overlooked or accidentally deleted a voice mail if you left a phone message. Again I apologize. I'm assuming you have hired another contractor to address your job. If not please call and leave me another message and I will get back to you asap and would be happy to come out and take a look. Emailing through Angie's List is another good contact method or email me directly at heritagepainting@knology.net. So sorry for the miscommunication. Tim Teters 256-508-0543 heritagepainting@knology.net

08/16/2013

Mark K.

Tim gave me the most detailed estimate of anyone I contacted. Others walked around my house and looked up and couched their estimate in terms of and quot;we don't know what we will find until we get startedand quot;. Tim got on a ladder, checked the gutters, looked for rotten wood, etc, so we both knew what the scope of the project was going to be up front. He even made temporary repairs to the gutters while he was there, without knowing whether he would even get the job or not. There were no surprises once the job started. The final cost was within $100-200 of the estimate. Workmanship was excellent. It took them about 6 weeks to get to my project, but I was not in a rush, so it didn't matter. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Gutter repair, soffit and facia repair, painting.

Category gutter repair

04/11/2013

Carlene A.

We started out using the company for a small interior drywall repair job and were so pleased with the work that we decided to ask for an estimate on painting the exterior of our house as well as some general remodeling (replacing a threshold). I needed help in choosing a color for our home (it is 50 years old and was an ugly dark brown), and they presented me with several color combinations for the brick, siding and trim. I was able to easily choose from those, and found a beautiful color combination. Tim Teters explained the steps that he would perform (cleaning and prepping) so that I could understand what he was doing and where he was in the process before we began. He gave me a very reasonable estimate and was clear on what circumstances could affect the estimate (i.e. rotted wood replacement, etc.). The final cost was extremely close to the original estimate, and I was always consulted before any additional work was done and any additional costs incurred-which were minimal. The crew who worked on our home was professional, polite and knowledgeable. They were punctual, friendly and conscientious and wanted to make sure that we were pleased with the work as it was progressing. They did a beautiful job in a reasonable amount of time at a reasonable cost. They kept things cleaned up and uncluttered during the job, and attended to small details to make sure that everything looked the way we wanted. At the end of the job, everything was cleaned up (even the windows sparkled!). We highly recommend Heritage Painting and Remodeling and intend to use them again for our remodeling and painting needs.

Description of Work
They cleaned, repaired and prepped the exterior of our home for painting. They painted the exterior of our home, cleaned up after painting - including cleaning windows and also performed some general remodeling including interior drywall work and threshold replacement.

Category drywall, remodeling, window cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

04/09/2013

Chris L.

Description of Work
I guess this company doesn't need our business. I have insurance money in hand and after a week n half we are still waiting for this company to come out and give us a quote.

12/18/2012

William F.

very good over all work

Description of Work
Outside painting and frame repair

09/11/2012

Julia B.

I was very pleased working with Tim Teters and am very pleased with the work he did. He exceeded expectations in his professionalism, in his consideration of my concerns, making unexpected adjustments (i.e. encountering and removing many wasp nests from the eaves, and made the repairs in such a way as to discourage future wasp nests) and in his proficiency. He listened to my overall goal and made valid suggestions for acheiving the results in the most economic way to acheive a quality result. This is in contrast to another contractor I consulted who had no consideration for the expense. He was very considerate and adaptable to my schedule needs. He was also polite, easy to work with and appropriate in appearance and mannerisms. I plan to have him return to do interior work.

Description of Work
Repaired/replaced siding, wood and window frames and then painted the exterior.

Category contractors, siding, house painters

08/08/2012

Bobby D.

they were prompt to give me an estimate and started the work in 2 days. They missed one day and a part of a day with some company issuses. The weather did not cooperate also.the job was finished in just over a week.

Description of Work
Universal painted the exterior trim of my brick house.They also pressured washed the house and driveway.They had to replace some wood that had rotted.They did a great job and I was very satisifed with the price.

07/20/2012

Greg L.

These guys were great. They came right out and looked at my water problems, identified causes, and took time out from other jobs to get the emergency stuff in before more moisture got into the basement. I was certainly worried since moisture in a basement can cost thousands of dollars to fix, but they didn't take advantage of me. All I needed was a relatively cheap fix and they took care of it promptly. I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Cleaned a blocked gutter, added leaf guards, and sealed a patio where the mortar had disintegrated (letting water into the basement).

Category basement waterproofing

05/16/2012

Mona P.

He was very good. He was like other construction people where he sometimes had to finish another job before he could do my job. I would use him again. His price was fine.

Description of Work
I used Heritage Painting And Remodeling to put up a storm door and he did some work on some gutters.

Category gutter repair, doors

05/15/2012

Roger E.

It was good there were no problems. I called two companies and they came out quicker.

Description of Work
I got a quote from them for painting the eaves in the garage.

04/26/2012

Patricia G.

Excellent work as usual. Mold was discovered under our fairly large home so Heritage sprayed the mold, replaced the insulation and vapor barrier. The crawl space needed waterproofing so they dug a trench around the base of the home, painted with tar and covered with plastic to waterproof the foundation. In an area that couldn't be easily reached from outside they painted the foundation under the house with DriLock. We had a door that rain came in under because there was no awning. Heritage built an awning. In the process they had to remove, cut and replace the gutter along with a new downspout. They also painted our sunroom.

Description of Work
Waterproofing and spraying mold in crawl space, and replacement of insulation and vapor barrier. Built awning over door, removal and replacement of gutter and downspout around awning. Painted room.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, basement waterproofing, woodworking

04/12/2012

William L.

We were impressed with him. We got a better price with a ten percent coupon from Angie's list. Heritage is definitely a contender and more of a contender than other estimates I received. They were very professional in their approach. With their thoroughness we felt very confident that they would and could have done the job. They just did not get the order.

Description of Work
Heritage Painting and Remodeling gave me an estimate for interior painting. It was for two levels, stair wells, walls, two story cathedral ceilings, and ceilings.

Category handyman service, interior painters

03/29/2012

Kerry D.

.He was suppose to give me an estimate and he said he would leave it in my mailbox and he never did. My guess is my job was to small for him to do. I had wanted him to do some wrought iron work done and also two rooms in my house. I don't realy feel like I can grade him cause he didn't do any work for me. The only thing is he was here when he said he would be., but he has never called me back, I would not use him in the furture.

Description of Work
.I had Heritage Painting And Remodeling to do a quote for me.

03/20/2012

phyllis T.

They were very nice. The price was good. He had great additional ideas to add to our project. The experience was more than worth the money we spent.

Description of Work
They painted our house.

02/26/2012

Theresa B.

They said they would start on Monday and arrived promptly. They worked on the bedroom first. I am very pleased with the quality workmanship! The room was completed in five days. It looks like it was part of the original floor plan. They came in right on budget. I also asked them to paint the room for me and they did a beautiful job. They started the next Monday on the screened-in deck. They completed that job in 4 days. It looks amazing and I can't wait to sit out there on nice evenings! They came in right on budget. We hit a few snags on both projects but Tim contacted me immediately with suggestions and we didn't lose any time. I am looking for other projects for them to do! They were always punctual and neat. I had absolutely no cleaning to do when they were finished. They stored their equipment neatly every night and took care of any garbage. They were also half the price of two other contractors that I had come out and provide estimates for the work.

Description of Work
I had Tim Teters and his crew turn my extra living area into a fourth bedroom by adding an L-shaped wall and installing a closet. I also had them create a screened in patio with my already existing covered porch.

Category decks, drywall, remodeling, interior painters, doors

10/12/2011

Steve L.

I did not use them because I ended up selling the property. I would have used them otherwise as they were quick to respond and their estimate was lower than the other contractors that I had contacted. I would consider them in the future.

Description of Work
Heritage Painting and Remodeling gave me an estimate, three months ago. The estimate was for interior and exterior painting.

09/23/2011

Vickie D.

They were professional and were punctual with their response.

Description of Work
I got a quote from them for interior painting.

06/07/2011

Patricia G.

We ran in to several challenges along the way and Tim Teters and crew had no problem handling any delays or changes that happened. In fact, Tim was usually the one with a solution to every problem. He seems to have a creative mind and is very talented at what he does. I never had to worry about whether the crew was working the next day or not. If they said they were, they would be there, usually earlier than stated. I felt completely comfortable around Tim and the two men with him at that time. I worked on some things at the house myself for most of the time they were there and they were enjoyable to be around. No swearing, loud voices, etc. And these young men worked, they didn't spend half the day on their phones, talking or eating lunch. Tim is one of a now rare breed. He works hard and insists on an excellent finished product. Wish we had more like him.

Description of Work
I was getting a home ready to sell. First hired Heritage to repair soffits and other areas around them as needed. Then paint. Tim (the owner) told me he could pressure wash and touch up the paint in most places and it would look great. He was right. I also needed them to replace sections of screen on a porch. I was so impressed with Tim, his workmen, and the quality of their work, that I hired them to do all the inside work that was to be done. Inside, the guys painted most of the rooms, the kitchen and master bath cabinets, and the ceilings in several of the rooms. There was also quite a bit of drywall to repair, especially in the kitchen where wall-board had been removed. There were actually holes of varying sizes behind the wall-board, not to mention that the drywall was so old that some of it crumbled when touched. It was behind cabinets, counters and appliances so it would very difficult, if not impossible, to replace. These guys managed to repair the drywall and it now looks brand new. They replaced two exterior doors, replaced and repaired thresholds when the carpet and vinyl guys didn't know what they were doing, and Tim MADE doors for the master bathroom cabinets. In the kitchen, vinyl replaced damaged laminate. Because of the change the trim work around the doors was too short. Heritage used putty or something similar to mold and shape to match the trim to close the gap from trim to floor and then painted it. I was amazed at the results. They also replaced the kitchen counters.

Category countertops, drywall, gutter repair, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

11/10/2010

JESSE G.

Tim is a very easy Man to deal with. He explained everything in detail. He was on time everyday and got the job done in the time estimated. There were no surprises or hidden costs.

Description of Work
Deck was collapsing in one corner. I needed fast service and Tim (Owner) was able to accomidate my needs. After arriving and seeing the problem He informed me that until they saw underneth he would not know what was needed. I agreed and I found out that my backyard deck was built without support members under it, and all the weight was being held up by the corners to include the wood nailed to my brick house. That was why the corner was collapsing. I also found about 40 bricks that were left over from the house under there. They removed them and put four support beam under my deck. While I had him there I also had him fix my stairs that were wrong, and stain the whole deck, stairs and Amor. All for the price listed.

Category decks

09/06/2010

Jessica L.

I bought a true fixer-upper with plans to stay on a tight budget. Tim Teters and his Heritage Painting crew gave me an excellent and fair quote for everything I needed. He was a true professional and truly a man of all trades. I hightly recommend him for all of your home improvement needs, you won't be sorry when he has finished the job!

Description of Work
Hung crownmold, re-did ceilings, remolded entire bathrooms, restored kitchen cabinets, sheetrock repair, painted interior, pressure washed,changed out celiing fans, cleaned windows, stained and installed shoemold, and extra odds and ends

Category custom cabinets, contractors, closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, furniture repair, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, remodeling, siding, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, window cleaning, basement waterproofing, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, wrought iron, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, epoxy flooring, basement remodeling

Crawlspace Doctor

I have been in the home building business in the Huntsville AL area for the past 15 years. I have always noticed the need to control humidity and mold issues in home design. Designing crawlspaces with foundation vents used to be code and all builders had to abide by the code. Fortunately the codes have changed. I see the need for unvented, conditioned crawlspaces in the Huntsville area. Not only does a conditioned crawlspace allow for the control of mold growth but also allows for the most energy efficient crawlspace possible. I have joined the Crawlspace Doctor team to gain their knowledge and for the support of an expanding Corporation.

Quality Pressure washing

Quality Pressure Washing offers quality work and competitive pricing on all your pressure washing needs. We offer free estimates on driveways, patios, decks, houses, vinyl fencing and much more. We have been in business since 2018 and pride ourselves on professional and friendly service.

Home Butler of Alabama

Home Butler is your “go-to” for all your expert home repair and maintenance services. We are committed to providing North Alabama with high-quality work and service. Our experienced team is dedicated to ensuring your home is safe and comfortable for you and your family. We specialize in crawlspace and basement waterproofing, mold remediation, and floor support services. Our team of specialists can also help with encapsulation, moisture barriers, gutter installation, and much more! See all of our services listed below. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us help you protect and improve your home.

2022 Super Service Award