Stanley Steemer

Founded 1978 • With Angi since October 2010

1908 Ross Clark Cir SE

Dothan, AL 36301

Stanley Steemer has been providing cleaning and restoration services for both residential and business customers for more than 60 years. They offer multiple services, including carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hardwood floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning and water damage restoration services. For more information, visit www.stanleysteemer.com....

10/12/2016

Lorene T.

It looks worse than it did before. They didn't vacuum the carpet at all before they cleaned it, and it now has more spots than before they did the job. By their rules, we only had ten days to do anything about it, and it looked fine for the first ten days. A few weeks later, the original spots had come back, bringing more along with them. I'm angry, to say the least, especially for the money that was paid.

Description of Work
They cleaned the high-traffic areas in my living room and hall.

09/10/2014

Margaret F.

Description of Work
Excellent service. Worked diligently on a very bad stain on one err |, |The rest of the carpets were very well cleaned..looked great | |Note : I did not fill out the 1st. section since I wasn't sure of which were the best/worse. (A or F) Now I see I can't submit without. So I marked them all medium

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, hardwood floor

06/25/2014

Joie B.

They sent out two young guys and they were very friendly and professional. The only issue is the company would not let them disconnect the HVAC element themselves. It had to be performed by the homeowner it should be the workers.

Description of Work
Cleaned all my HVaC system

Category carpet cleaners, air duct cleaning

02/07/2014

Kathy W.

great

Description of Work
cleaned wood floors and a area rug.

Category carpet cleaners, hardwood floor, floor cleaning, oriental rug cleaning

01/29/2014

KENNETH N.

They moved furniture and placed it back with no damage. They did 4 large rooms and a hallway. I have used them many times and have never had a complaint.

Description of Work
They arrived on time and did an excellent job.

09/06/2013

Theresa W.

The men were courteous. Even called to let me know that they were running late. Did a good job of cleaning my tile and grout and then sealing the grout. The price was less than I was expecting because I have a LOT of tile.

Description of Work
Cleaned my tile.

Category ceramic tile

07/28/2013

LATIF T.

It went very well. They were very informative about the product and how effective it would be on my carpet.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaned

05/14/2013

Jodi E.

They arrived on time, explained everything they were doing in detail, worked in a professional, quick manner and left.

Description of Work
I called and set up services to have carpet and rugs cleaned. The crew arrived on time, did exactly what I needed done and were very professional. This is the 4th time I have used them for carpet cleaning services and I recommend them highly.

04/01/2013

Terry W.

They did an overall good job. Had furniture on Styrofoam blocks while carpet dried. One or two areas after dry still looked a little dirty but not bad enough to complain about. My main problem was the drying time. Not sure if the weather was a factor but it took almost two days for my carpet to completely dry and I was afraid if we walked on it too much it would track up where it was cleaned.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet in three different rooms

01/31/2013

Joshua R.

Description of Work
I got a regular carpet cleaning done. After the un-friendly men were done cleaning they left and placed the receipt on the counter. I checked behind them and there was a rip in my living room about 2 inches long. The few stains that were in the carpet were not out. It also stayed wet for over 5 days! I would not recommend Stanley steemer to anyone wanting carpet cleaning.

09/19/2012

bradford B.

They were very professional. They were very punctual. They were extremely helpful and positive when I had to cancel and reschedule several times. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had Stanley Steemer come in and clean my carpets. I used them about three weeks ago. They cleaned the family room, four bedrooms and the hallway.

08/07/2012

Claudia W.

They did a very good job. They were very professional. They didn't leave any mess in the house. I don't have anything bad to say about them. They were pretty well on time.

Description of Work
We used Stanley Steemer for air duct cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

08/01/2012

Rande H.

I was happy with their work. They were very professional. They came a few minutes early, which I was very impressed with, and they completed the work in one hour. They even did a little bit extra. I felt their pricing was competitive; I was okay with the price.

Description of Work
I have used Stanley Steemer for carpet cleaning in my entire house.

05/16/2012

Tisha T.

See Above

Description of Work
We had our living room and hallway carpets cleaned. I rated them an overall B because while the work was done, the equiptment used was old and worn out. They even had to borrow a quart of oil from my husband to put into the machine...which was ok, except that they made the comment "well, it's doing that thing again...we'll need oil." If they have had this problem before, they should have known to bring oil. Also, when they left they left a mess in my front yard and a big oil stain in my yard. The machine kept starting and stopping the whole time they were working so I am not 100% certain we actually got a good deep cleaning. The carpets do look better but I just wish they had better equipment. I thought since I was using a well known company I would have a better, more professional experience.

03/06/2012

Kelli A.

I ordered carpet cleaning from SS again this year from the web as last year. Because my order was in from last year, I was able to just grab the identical order from there and set a date. Last year one man did a very professional job on my entire house. When he finished, he left me with a small bottle of stain remover for future use. This year was nothing like that. Two crew members arrived and said that the hand held device showed something different from my order and that my price might increase. I showed them the printout and they called someone in their office and told me that I could have it for the price on my printout. I thought this unprofessional to say anything like that to me. They should have just said their handheld was incorrect and gone on about their business. They cleaned the carpets and asked me to take a look and I did. Two-Three pieces of furniture were resting on the plastic sheets they call coasters. I asked if they were short of them since they were used sparingly. I also told them that they would be back cleaning the carpet again if my furniture left stains on the carpet. They then placed more underneath the furniture and I still found some they had missed and asked them to put it under all furniture. I thought they had gotten them all however they had only placed them under the ones that were easy to get to. I called the manager who came by my house later that evening and the two of us placed coasters and blocks (which had not been used at all). I appreciate the manager coming by to take care of this issue however I will be speaking with friends (and looking at Angie's list) for recommendations for next year.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning and deodorizing of 2 bedrooms, family room, dining room, bonus room and stairs

02/22/2012

Eric B.

They are the closest to me. The quality depends on the people who they send out. The last time was not a good job at all. The first time I got them to do it, the job was wonderful. It really depends on who they send.

Description of Work
They cleaned our carpet in our living room, dining room, and hallway.

01/05/2012

James C.

They arrived ontime and drug the hoses through the house to the areas to be cleaned. They cleaned the areas quickley and thoroughly. They were in and out in about an hour. Carpets were very clean and looked good.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in hallway & 3 bedrooms.

06/23/2011

Annette B.

Not used

Description of Work
I did not use them since their quote was way to high for a small job. I used a local guy and he did a great job at half the price.

05/07/2011

James C.

Arrived on time and cleaned the carpets. The were very careful and worked diligently. They did a very good job getting the carpets cleaned. Overall we were very satisfied.

Description of Work
Steam cleaned 3 bedrooms and hallway carpet.

04/12/2011

Allison W.

They picked up all of the furniture and replaced it after the cleaning. They cleaned the carpets and sprayed deodorizer. They exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
They cleaned all of my carpets.