Davis Roofing

Founded 1965 • With Angi since January 2011

1829 West Main Steet Suite 4

Dothan, AL 36301

Davis Roofing has been taking care of all your roofing needs in Dothan, AL, Birmingham and Columbus, GA since 1965. Whether its emergency roof leak situations or a total roof replacement need, we have you covered.The service department division is on call for clients with roof leaks 24/7 through service dispatch technicians on call. All Emergency, Urgent and Scheduled dispatches are available so that we can better serve our clients fast and efficiently.The roof replacement division works closely with potential clients who need estimates, material literature, warranty information, certified roof inspections and any other request to help make your roof replacement process go as scheduled. This company is current with Roof Inspection Certifications, Product Manufacturers Certification,Trade license, Liability Insurance and Worker's Compensation necessary to meet all potential clients needs....

11/05/2019

Kelly M.

They finally called 2 1/2 weeks after the initial call from me. He stated he would come to my house on Friday after lunch and never showed, didn't even call me to let me know he wasn't coming or to reschedule. Poor way to do business.

Description of Work
Quote for replacing vinyl siding and window shutters

Category siding

07/22/2019

Charlie W.

It went great. The rep was very professional and cordial. The entire job was started as scheduled, and completed in two days. The crew did an excellent job, and all the old roofing and nails were removed—never found one nail on the ground after they left. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Replace entire roof.

08/02/2016

Michael B.

Quality work & courteous service. I would recommend this company to my friends & neighbors.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement – 30 year handmark shingles.

06/28/2016

Robert Q.

I sent them a message through Angie's List on a Tuesday night, had a response from them before I woke up the next morning. They met with me at lunch on Wednesday, got to work on Thursday morning and the work was completed by the time my tenant got home that evening. The sun room/patio area of this house I inherited, and am renting to a friend, is effectively flat. It was roofed with normal roofing materials/techniques and was leaking...probably since it was installed, but I was not made aware of the problem. The men who came out initially identified the problem with the old installation instantly and, without hesitation, informed me that it wasn't going to be a cheap repair. I respect this very much. I'd much rather have a contractor be up front about the cost of a repair rather than lure me in with a low-ball estimate and then triple the bill once the job is complete. The price they charged was almost precisely the amount they gave me in their initial, quick on-site review of the situation. Their men showed up first thing the next morning, stripping the old roof material off, replacing the damaged decking that had been ruined by the leak, and installed the proper materials for this kind of nearly-flat roof. They even had a crew that finished another job in the area early in the day, and had them go over to help get the job completed faster, without charging me extra for the extra laborers. Everything was very prompt and professional, and my tenants are very happy that their sun room is fixed. The cost was high considering the area of roof repaired, but if you want great service and professional work you pay for it, and I have no problem paying well for this kind of service. I will definitely be calling on these guys for any other roofing work I need done, and will be recommending them to my customers should they ask about quality roofers.

Description of Work
Removed relatively new, yet improperly installed, material from a nearly flat roof, replaced leak-damage decking, installed proper materials for this type of roof.

06/24/2016

Alethea J.

First, just trying to get an estimate was a big hassle. I won't go into all the details, but I'll say it should have been clear that they didn't want our business just based on how hard it was to get them to come out to give us an estimate. But the reason I'm actually writing a review is that when the company representative finally came to our house, he told us we needed all new rafters, and pointed to a dip in the rear of our roof as evidence of this. When I got the estimate many days later, it was a ridiculous $44,000, more than four times more than the other quotes we got. This ruined my day, as I was extremely worried we were looking at a house repair we could not afford and that the other roofers had somehow missed this issue. So, I had one more very experienced roofer come out to give an estimate, and I specifically asked about the dip in the roof. After investigating thoroughly, including crawling into our attic, the other roofer informed me we did not need new rafters and that the dip was the result of the fact that the back of our house is an addition onto the rest of the house, and that the dip was solely a cosmetic issue. For obvious reasons, we went with a different roofing company.

Description of Work
Gave us an estimate for a new roof

06/06/2016

L D.

After contacting several roofer set decided that Davis roofing was the better company to use the work started on time and was completed on time. Mr. Davis was at the job site at the start and during the work and to me this meant a lot.

Description of Work
Removed old roofing and installed new roof. After work was complete they cleaned up work area.

05/22/2016

Jeff J.

Excellent job by all employees fair price – top quality.

Description of Work
Roof shingle system replacement. Chimney chase replacement.

michael j P.

Overall very good from start to finish. This is a great company to work with!

Description of Work
Replace Roof.

Randall K.

Went well. One small issue over fireplace which they came out and addressed. I would hire them again!

Description of Work
New roof after tornado damage.

Thomas M.

Good job! Davis Roofing was very professional from start to finish.

Description of Work
Replaced roof.

03/20/2016

Annette M.

The roof was inspected and a detailed report was given. All in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Davis roofing gave a diagnostic of our roof. He was thorough and punctual.

11/16/2015

Bryce C.

Provided a prompt response when called for an estimate. They were able to schedule the work to be done quickly and efficiently. Good communication and promptness in work.

Description of Work
Replaced my old roof with architectural shingles.

11/11/2015

Kimberly R.

Charles Davis and the team did a fantastic job on my roof. They were courteous, professional, and paid attention to details. I highly recommend considering Davis Roofing for your home.

Description of Work
They replaced shingles on my townhome.

06/13/2015

Sam R.

The installation went QUICKLY. They told me when he would be here and and they were here that day. They also finished that day. Excellent service, communications, professionalism, and their quality is top tier.

Description of Work
Put a new roof on my home.

06/04/2015

Carla S.

It started out, wet. On Monday the were in the process of replacing the flashing around chimney and it STORMED. Well, I had water coming from my fireplace in several places as well as the wall. The rain was heavy with wind and lightening. Well that didn't stop Kenneth from climbing up on the roof and placing tarps down. He did not stop until all the water coming in was completely stopped. He made 2 trips up onto the roof in the storm. Dripping wet did not bother Kenneth! His main goal and only goal was to stop the leaking. Which he did and then Charles, the owner of the company came to make sure everything was okay. He assured me and my husband of having everything fixed. Our roof was completed in a day as these guys worked very had and our roof looks awesome. Thank you Charles, Kenneth and all the members of Davis Roofing, job well done!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced shingles to entire roof. Repaired and replaced siding around chimney.

05/27/2015

Daniel or Leona G.

My family & I recently relocated to the Wiregrass Region. Prior to our move, we exhausted countless hours on house hunting trips, flying back-and-forth from our former residence in the Midwest. Being "well-educated" consumers, we were holding out for just the "right" property to acquire. Shortly after deciding on the perfect home, we quickly discovered (after first hard storm) that our perfect home had the potential to become an overpriced garden tub. This due to leaks in roof/ceiling caused by "issues" with solar panel systems (bolted to the roof). Luckily for us, Mr. Brian Andress and Mr. Charles Davis of Davis Roofing were first on the scene. They quickly identified the origin of the leaks, assessed damages and provided exceptional guidance and advisement on how to restore our home. Through the entire ordeal, Mr. Davis and Mr. Andress were there for us. Per our request (and at no extra charge), they participated in meetings with adjusters, technicians and others, thereby ensuring that our home was restored to the pristine condition that we desired. Davis Roofing went far beyond what they were paid to do and exceeded all reasonable expectations ? at every turn. Because of the aforementioned factors, I wholeheartedly and without reservation recommend Davis Roofing for your home and commercial roofing projects, construction/restoration and/or contract consulting work. There is no greater testament to a company's commitment to quality than the positive words of their customers.

Description of Work
1. Replaced damaged portion/sections of roof. 2. Provided advisement and consult on solar panel re-installation. 3. Signed up for semi-annual preventive maintainance/roof inspection plan.

05/14/2015

Scott S.

We saw that there were on Angie's list but we knew them from in town. They were spot on. Everything was like clockwork. It's the kind of experience you want. Everything was above and beyond my expectations.

Description of Work
Intalled a new roof.

04/30/2015

Robert R.

Davis Roofing was a pleasure to work with. They responded quickly to our request for an estimate on a new roof and arrived at the scheduled time. They explained the work to be done to my wife and me and produced an estimate that I knew from conversations with neighbors was very fair. |They completed the installation of our new roof in one day and cleaned the property completely when they finished. |Less than 2 weeks after the roof was installed, a neighbor's tree fell onto our house putting a small hole in the new roof. I called Davis Roofing at 8 PM on a Sunday expecting to hear from them on Monday, but they returned my call that night. They were at the house the next day for an estimate on the repairs and had the roof repaired less than 24 hours after my insurance company settled the claim. |My wife and I both feel that Davis Roofing is an excellent company to do business with. We recommend them, highly.

Description of Work
Replaced existing shingle roof on our home. Completed repair of damage from a fallen tree striking the roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

03/31/2015

Jerri C.

Very professional and courteous. They explained exactly what the problem was and what needed to be done to repair. If we have another problem with our roof they will be the first we call. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Repaired shingles on roif

01/26/2015

Elizbeth H.

It turned out good. They said our roof didn't really meet their standards, but it was ok. He let us know why the shingles had been falling. It was a little difficult scheduling. That was mostly my fault because I don't pay attention to my phone too much and we were playing phone tag. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced some shingles that had fallen off due to the weather. They gave us an inspection of our roof.

12/17/2014

Elizabeth J.

We had a leak in our roof that was updated about 8 years ago. We contacted Davis Roofing to inspect and repair the leak. Brian from Davis Roofing got back to us very quickly and came out to inspect the roof. The good news was that our shingles were in very good condition. However, he told us in addition to the one leak we had, the other component parts like the vents and flashings were not changed by our previous roofer when the roof was updated and were now rusting through. In addition some of the venting was improperly installed and was rotting the area around it. Brian took pictures of the roof and and you could see where the problems were. They have a great system where they post the pictures to a website where you can access an account and can see them, both before and after the repairs. Our roof is pretty high and steeply sloped and there is no way I would have known there was a problem in what was done before. This system allows you to see what is actually being done. They also have a plan where they will annually inspect the roof as well clean the gutters and blow leaves off the roof. To me, the cleaning part alone is worth the price because the roof is too high/steep for our local yard guys to get to a lot of it. Overall, I was very pleased with Davis Roofing, although the problem was much more than I was expecting. They were very professional, prompt, responsive, and worked very hard to complete the work. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced the ridge vent and numerous other vents, repaired or replaced various flashing and metal coverings, repaired sky light, chimney cap, and minor painting.

Category gutter repair, roofing

11/20/2014

Janet B.

Davis Roofing replaced rusted/ corroded metal vents, rotten wood, plumbing boots, damaged shingles, and painted exterior wood areas that were replaced. They made interior paint repairs as well. Pictures were taken of all repaired areas. Absolutely professional and extremely courteous. I have complete confidence in Brian Andress and the Davis Roofing organization. Highly recommend to everyone. JMB

Description of Work
Brian Andress from Davis Roofing inspected my roof leak. Then, he sat down and explained the problems and showed me pictures of the problem areas. Mr. Andress then provided a report and talked me through their web site so I could view and decide what problems I wanted to fix. Each problem area was identified and an estimate given for each area

11/20/2014

Janet B.

It was all fantastic! They are very, very professional. I had a lot of repaired that needed to be done. They came took pictures, sent me the software to see what needed to be fixed. I was able t o visualize the problems. They then recommended different options. I ended up choosing all of their recommendations. They were prompt! They showed up when they were supposed to, and everything was just as they said. They said it would probably two days, and it only took a day and a half. They didn't bill me until everything had been done! I can walk away from this project feeling good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $99 for a Roof Tune-Up and Inspection.

11/07/2014

Stanley S.

We were extremely pleased with our replacement roof that Davis Roofing of Dothan did on our home. Every part of the process was done with the utmost professionalism. We were undecided on our shingle choice (you definitely want the best looking for your home if it is going to be there for 30 years) and Mr. Davis came out and drove us through several neighborhoods to get a good preview of some of the choices we were considering and how they looked on homes that they had installed. Once the shingle choice was selected it was only one day later that the shingles arrived for pre-placement and day two that they were replacing my roof. Talk about prompt service!! The workers showed up within 5 minutes of the set time and man did they work!!! Any issues (not many-just cosmetic choices) were addressed promptly and worked very hard for customer satisfaction. When the job was over they took extra care to clean up like no one had even been there, not just get in a truck and leave....very pleased. I would definitely recommend them to friends and neighbors alike!!

Description of Work
Replaced entire home roof.

11/03/2014

MIke G.

Davis Roofing did an outstanding job! I highly recommend them! They were prompt, professional, and completed the job quickly. The company also provides an "annual inspection" package that I am strongly considering for next summer. This company also works proactively with the Insurance industry. Great Job!

Description of Work
Roof Tune-up

Van Horne Enterprises

Van Horne Enterprises is owned and operated out of Malvern Alabama. We have over 25 years of experience in the Roofing installation industry and we know how to get the job done right. We feel invested in our clients homes and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We can personally deal with your insurance company to save you the hassle. I would love to take on your new roof or new siding so please give us a call or click for an estimate today!

Offers by Van Horne Enterprises  on Angi
    Kenneth Bedsole Roofing INC

Since 1993, we have been specializing in all phases of roofing services, repairs, replacements, installs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Davis Roofing offers potential clients all types of services whether its Certified Roof Inspections, Dedicated Maintenance Programs, Emergency Service Dispatch and Roof Replacement. We offer the following products through repairs and replacements as needed Asphalt Shingle Applications, Metal Roofing Applications, Gutter Applications, Cedar Shake Applications, Tile Applications, Slate Applications, Single-Ply Membrane Applications, Restoration Roof Coatings and much more.