ANCLA Construction

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2011

2721 Driving Range Rd

Cropwell, AL 35054

We are a family business and take pride in everything that we do. We have been in business for over 18 years. We offer an extensive list of services....

08/06/2015

Stephen D.

Overall the experience was fine. I enjoyed working with him and would do it again. They did good work. He speaks english but many of those who work with him may not. I liked the work he did and he solved a couple of minor other problems while he was there. I am looking to have him back to do other work as well. The most expensive part of this trip was the basement blocks having to be done. Overall he worked with me on price and we agreed. My only complaint was that it took longer than they initially stated, but on the upside, the totally cleaned up everything. If I found a problem, I just shared it with them and they fixed. Overall very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
We had an issue in the basement with a leak under the stairs outside which we drywalled inside. He came out and took a look and repaired. Had to take down drywall and close from the inside (which we requesed) replace drywall and paint. We also had two poles in the finished basement "covered" to look more like columns and they repaired drywall on the main floor that needed work done from a previous water leak.

Category masonry, basement waterproofing, interior painters

02/24/2015

Chris C.

Provider got injured prior to my work and has never shown up or returned my money

02/07/2015

Tara A.

He came out after I bought the deal and we talked about several different jobs. I called him back out to show him what I needed done, but never heard back from him and tried several times to call.

Description of Work
Stone steps repaired.

Category pavers, gravel

11/22/2014

Kerstin S.

I was disappointed that it was not paved smoothly, that was rough for storage area. Of course he did not tell us in advance and most of the paving I saw were smooth such as driveways. So that was a disappointment. I would not use them again. I was not particularly happy with how he did his work. He just took it as a storage area and just was not up to what I expected. Then we were not informed about that at. The price was okay but beyond that it was not okay.

Description of Work
I used the services of ANCLA Construction. We had a large dry area under a large porch and he paved it.

Category concrete repair

11/12/2014

Ronnie D.

Antonio was punctual as could be given weather conditions which always affect schedules. When something came up that was going to cause a delay he would always text me to keep me informed. His work was quality and performed timely and I will use him again for other projects.

Description of Work
Built landscape timber formed area with pea gravel fill for camper parking spot in back yard. Added concrete patio between this parking pad and existing deck and installed steps from existing deck down to new concrete patio.

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry, pavers, gravel

09/04/2014

Albert P.

Antonio is a skilled person who is extremely courteous and polite. He is a delight to interact with and is a man of very high integrity. I was very comfortable dealing with him. He did a superb job, arrived and finished on schedule. I would definitely hire him again for this type of job, or for any of the other activities he performs.

Description of Work
Made a concrete extension to the side of a driveway which was approximately 10' x 30'. This initially required some grading, placement of gravel, forming and pouring the concrete.

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel

07/07/2014

christel C.

Mr.Garza came out to look at the problem the day I called him. He came up with a solution that sounded like the one we were thinking of. He had affordable prices, he was freindly , and he was knowledgeable. I called him the next day and we planned for him to come the next weekend because of bad weather. The following Saturday he came with his crew. They were punctual and nice. They got to work right away and the project was finished. They cleaned up after themselves and everything looked great. Mr.Garza had one of his employees clean the debris that filled the holes. They then packed in hydraulic cement to fill in space and gaps behind the veneer. They then filled in the rest of the wall with CMU blocks and hydraulic cement. They caulked around the outside of the windows. We were very impressed and pleased with Mr.Garza and the work his crew did. We hope to hire them for more work in the future !

Description of Work
Cement and masonry work to fix wall in basement. There were open holes in the walls behind the panelling where earlier workers did not finish the wall or window openings correctly! We effectively had huge holes in the walls that were letting water in every time it rained! Mr.Garza used hydraulic cement and CMU blocks to enclose the wall. He also caulked around the windows.

Category concrete repair, masonry, foundation repair

07/06/2014

Johnny K.

Overall, went very well. Only issue was cleanup. Contractor dumped residual concrete in area that was already cleaned and ready for sod. Contractor could expand service by embracing the latest payment options: paypal invoicing, credit card, etc.

Description of Work
Installed concrete pad for RV, extended drive way, and installed pad for outdoor pavilion.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, hardscaping

06/24/2014

Lisa G.

punctual; responsive; courteous; fast; quality work

Description of Work
built a rock wall for a garden bed with trees

06/23/2014

Richard W.

Mr. Garza responded professionally and promptly to initial inquiries. After agreeing on a price, we shook hands and his people began to work. It was only later and at his insistence that we reduced the agreement to a contract. His crew was hard working, competent and well supervised. I would recommend him to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Demolished and re-laid a major portion of the old concrete driveway. Repaired cracks in the remainder. Extended driveway beyond and behind garage approximately 80 feet to accommodate extra parking. Put surface coating on the entire driveway. Leveled and repaired brick walkway in the front of the house. Repaired stone retaining wall. Installed catch pan and underground drainage pipe behind garage and house to divert water running from the newly installed driveway. The drain extended more than 100 feet.

Category concrete driveways, masonry, drain pipe, hardscaping

06/18/2014

Dorothy M.

It went from one thing to another. First the provider did not have the proper license (causing a delay). Had to be instructed by inspector to put gravel and wire in concrete (had not planned to do that) which I am told would have been a disaster in few years. Destroyed front yard with dumpster and did not pay for sod to repair (wanted to seed) I purchased the sod and had to pay someone else to till the lawn because he wanted to just lay the sod without tilling. The concrete was poured with some rough edges that I had to ask him to correct (should have been done automatically). The new porch that went from square to round still had the square base showing (I had to ask that the base be removed). The mailbox I requested was not constructed, the mason said "He could not pull the mailbox up on his phone, so he did it from memory (his memory failed him). The project was delayed by the lack of a proper license, bricks not ordered in a timely manner. contractor not available and the only thin that he could not control was the rain, however, when the rain stopped he was often not available. It was very obvious that once the job was secured the contractor moved on to another job. It took six weeks to do a job that was suppose to take two weeks. I incurred addition cost because of the destroyed front lawn that was not included in the original contract (I had to write the contract). At the conclusion of the job, the contractor stop coming all together, he said he was sick and sent his brother, however, I think he was embarrassed because he knew that this was a job that had been poorly managed from beginning to end. I did not get any instructions on how to manage my newly sodded lawn and have not seen nor heard from Mr. Garza since about two weeks before I decided to sever ties and get someone else to do the final clean up. We had a financial agreement, however, Mr. Garza asked for money in advance of the predetermined pay schedule. When I met with him initially, he was very timely and professional in his presentation of what he could do and gave me some good suggestions for my lawn. It was for this reason that I hired him and tried over and over to make this a mutually rewarding experience. I have finally gotten my lawn to look the way that I wanted it to look, but it was no easy task and I had to exceed my budget.

Description of Work
I hired the provider to redo my driveway, move my storage house and sod the back yard.

06/09/2014

DON D.

They got right back with me. He was real friendly and he listens to me. He gave me a lot of options.

Description of Work
I got a quote from ANCLA Construction.

Category concrete driveways, stamped concrete

06/04/2014

David C.

We have used him twice this year. The work turned out excellent. He will reply to messages, he comes out and gives estimates, he is always on time, and does quality work.

Description of Work
We used ANCLA Construction. He did some masonry work for us. He did painting, ceiling work, and general repairs.

Category masonry, house painters, interior painters

05/14/2014

Kirk P.

Antonio and his crew did an amazing job. I was a little reluctant to give such a big job to someone I hadn't worked with before, but after reading all of the rave reviews on Angie's list I decided to give him a try. He came by the same day I called him and after discussing the job, he gave me a bid the next day. Not 10 days or two weeks later- the next day. (Some of the companies I contacted didn't even bother to call or come by until Antonio was almost done with the job). Nine days total, excluding weekends, somewhat delayed due to several days of rain. Not only was his price the lowest bid from those I received, (3), it was less than half of the highest bid from another well known company... but more importantly, the quality of work and attention to detail exceeded my expectations. So much so that I kept finding things for him to do. Mainly digging up and replanting dead or diseased shrubs & plants from the harsh winter. He is very flexible and motivated to please and accommodate as things arise that had not been planned or accounted for. I'm not telling you not to get multiple job estimates, but I have had a lot of landscape & hardscape work done by several different companies through the years, and not only did he do it for less, but the quality of materials and workmanship was simply excellent. His crew works hard when no one is watching. That's rare these days. Great work, great price, good people. I'm very satisfied and ANCLA construction has my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
ANCLA Construction Job Agreement 4/30/2014 Left Side of House: Dig up Flagstone Pavers & clean up walking pathway and replace Flagstone with base layer of gravel or concrete and fill in, border and edge & fill in with pea gravel or small river rock. Create permanent”landing” area or “porch” area outside of gate entrance in oval or round shape. Right Side of House: Lay Flagstone Stepping Stone Steps down to retaining wall. Install “step Up” from retaining wall onto steps to gate “landing/porch area”. Back Yard: Install French Drain from left side of Deck & Yard along Waking Path all of the way to the right side of the yard beyond gate and fence to drain water out from areas behind deck and the right side of the yard towards drainage ditch on side of house. (Approximately 100 feet). Cover French Drain with appropriate material & Pea Gravel, and replace Stepping Stones in walking path area ending where newly installed Pavers will begin on right side of yard. (approximately 20' x 30' area.) Install hardscape pavers on entire right side of yard, with Planting area against retaining wall to extend approximately 2 feet out from wall beginning at “horizontal bricks” on left side of retaining wall & extending all the way to and around corner of yard ending at the gate. Two Bricks high minimum. Create paved landing area or porch area outside of gate entrance. Edge “house side” of pavers with border brick to match planter border brick on retaining wall side. Agreed Job Price $8,000. $3,000 Deposit when job begins. $3,000 Payment Due when Pavers are ready to be laid. $2,000 Payment when Job is completed.

Category concrete repair, decks, fencing, masonry, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

04/30/2014

Earlisha D.

Scheduling issues have occurred more than once for various reasons. Getting a refund on the big deal.

Description of Work
Purchased $99 for $300 concrete work big deal.

Category stamped concrete

03/31/2014

David N.

It worked out excellent. They were good to deal with and they held to the timelines. I liked everything.

Description of Work
I used ANCLA Construction for concrete and foundation work.

Category concrete driveways, foundation repair, stamped concrete

03/23/2014

Jon D.

The work was done in around 1 hour and 20 minutes. Two workers did the work.

Description of Work
Fixed broken mortar areas on porch steps and fixed one loose brick on porch.

03/05/2014

edwin B.

We did use them, it was very good. They were quick to get an estimate and prompt in doing the work.

Description of Work
ANCLA Construction replaced a retaining wall.

02/26/2014

Robert F.

This would have been the week of Feb 14th. He told me he would come out that weekend. He never showed. I CALLED HIM AND HE SAID HE MEANT THIS PAST WEEK END THE 22ND. HE STILL DIDN'T SHOW OR CALL. UNRELIABLE.

Description of Work
Person, Mr. Garza, came out and looked at it (steps breaking away from porch). Plus he looked at a portion of my driveway and measured it.

02/11/2014

PETER L.

Antonio is terrific! He is prompt, more than fair, courteous and strives to do a great job. He treats your home like it is his home. I have used Antonio in the past and wish all contractors could be like Antonio.

Description of Work
Repaired sinking floor in garage and repaired a spot on a previously installed parking pad.

Category masonry, foundation repair

02/03/2014

cleve G.

Excellent. Great work performed. Very nice and prompt! Quick turnaround. Highly recommend! Please disregard the previous review. It should be removed.

Description of Work
installed new driveway.

01/12/2014

William W.

Called back in a timely manner. Came and looked at project. Poured within a couple of days. A little pricey. Did not cut relief lines.

Description of Work
Poured concrete

01/06/2014

Jeff F.

Mr. Garza and his crew did an outstanding job on our brick mailbox and front steps. His workmanship is of high quality and his company is willing to do whatever it takes to keep the customer 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced a brick mailbox and front porch steps.

12/10/2013

David M.

The service provider was great. He was responsive, prompt and professional. I would have had him do the work, but the cost was not within my budget.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from ANCLA Construction.

Category concrete repair

11/19/2013

Laura O.

Very well. Antonio and his crew are skilled, efficient, and cooperative. I was very satisfied with their work and their attitude. There were a couple of options in reconstructing the wall, and the mason talked to me about each way and was willing to adjust his work to satisfy my requirements. All the pavers were not cut perfectly, but all were acceptable since they were fitting against fencing that will have to be redone.

Description of Work
Recontructed a 4' x 9' brick retaining wall; cut about 25 pavers to fit curved edges of walk way; shortened an approx 5' long concrete step to approx. 12" (i.e., cut away, broke up, and hauled off a 4' piece of concrete)