PARROT STRUCTURAL SERVICES LLC

Founded 1978 • With Angi since November 2008

Woman owned company. Financing Available. Additional address for shipping only: 137 Cnty Rd 902, Calera, AL 35040. Areas served: Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, Selma, Demopolis, Dothan, Enterprise, Ozark, Auburn, Huntsville, and Cullman.

foundation repair (21)concrete repair (6)concrete driveways (3)mudjacking (2)excavating (1)home inspection (3)basement waterproofing (1)stone & gravel (1)

07/23/2021

Duane P.

This was a very extensive project that I spent months researching, hired an engineer for his professional guidance, and accepted bids from four companies. Two of the other companies were cheaper but proposed to use synthetic foam materials, which don't have a long enough track record for my comfort. Once the job started, the crews worked with great diligence, and despite the numerous difficulties they encountered, I never heard a single complaint. Total work time was 14 days over a three-week period that include Independence Day. Total cost was about $40k

Description of Work
Foundation stabilization, slab leveling, wall reinforcement, install water management system with sump pump

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

Review for PARROT STRUCTURAL SERVICES LLC - PO BOX 1050, Calera, AL - 39414964

11/03/2020

Archie W.

Parrot was so easy with which to work. They saved us a ton of money from a larger, chain type company. They also were able to get out and complete the work 3 weeks faster than they had originally anticipated. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Helical pier installation for our foundation

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

07/09/2020

Ram S.

Very Professional. Clean instructions and specific .

Description of Work
Exterior crack on brick

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

04/01/2019

Jim E.

Great Company. Quote Process, Office Personal and workers all did a great job. Company was recommended to me by professional engineer that is responsible for many projects.

Description of Work
Foundation repair due to settling issue

Category concrete driveways, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

03/27/2018

garland C.

As a Proprietor of a Residential Foundation Repair Company, I have employed Mr. Mike Maas, Parrot Structural Services, as a sub-contractor, many times over a period of approximately fifteen (15) years with never a complaint from me or my my customers (home owners). Parrot Structural Services has proven again & again over the years to be a professional installer of Helical Anchors and Basement Wall Tie-backs. The type of repairs performed by Parrot Structural Services is highly technical and has been proven on all jobs to be performed in a professional manner by all it's trained personnel. Extended warranties are provided to my customers and I have total trust in the quality of repairs performed by Parrot Structural and will continue to use Parrot Structural as a sole sub-contractor for their type of services. Garland Caudle

Description of Work
Foundation Repairs/Basement Wall Repairs

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

05/19/2017

Jonathan B.

Parrot Structural damaged the sewer line from my home to the main line by installing a tieback right through it. The part of the line they hit was not visible, but another part of the line a short distance away had been excavated and was clearly visible. It was clear that the line would run in the vicinity of the planned location of one of the tiebacks but they chose to ignore this and install the tieback anyway, without further investigating to try and avoid damage. Consequently, sewage backed up into my basement, causing thousands of dollars of damage. They refuse to take responsibility for this, instead indicating that it was somehow my fault. They have handled this in a completely unprofessional way and apparently were not competent enough to recognize a potential hazard before recklessly proceeding with installation of the tieback. Please don't risk your home's safety by hiring this company.

Description of Work
stabilization of large retaining wall via installation of tiebacks

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

Review for PARROT STRUCTURAL SERVICES LLC - PO BOX 1050, Calera, AL - 35261619

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your feedback as our goal is to provide exemplary level of customer service. We understand we did not meet this goal in your situation, however, your comments will be used to coach and train our employees. Thank you again for your feedback. Joan Maas President

04/24/2017

Rodney N.

Excellent. Weather impacted schedule Once on site, work was very professional.

Description of Work
Foundation repair with 6 helical piers and 28 grout bore holes in foundation floor.

Work Completed On 04/24/2017

03/23/2017

David C.

Have not used their services yet. In a holding pattern. If we decide to repair, they will be the ones we use.

Description of Work
Very knowledgeable and professional. Have not performed work. I am in a holding pattern.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

01/20/2017

Felton C.

Crew was courteous, efficient, and professional, and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Installed Helical Piers to stabilize foundation.

Work Completed On 12/09/2016

01/10/2017

Rodney N.

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

11/10/2015

Callie Edgar W.

Description of Work
Have estimate. Not very thorough. Chose another provider.

Work Completed On 09/23/2015

06/11/2015

Stephen R.

Work Completed On 06/08/2015

12/18/2014

Anna C.

Description of Work
They came out but before they could give us an estimate for the work we have to have an engineer come out. They gave us the names of a couple that we could try. So for now that is where we are. They were very helpful so far

Work Completed On 12/16/2014

05/12/2014

Vicki S.

They did what they said they would do. Workers on time, courteous, professional, answered our questions. Final price even a bit less than the original quote!

Description of Work
Pressurized grouting for foundation issue.

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

12/05/2013

Ronald L.

Representative came and evaluated a crack in a brick wall, concluded that a brick mason could make the repair and that there was not a more significant problem that had to be addressed. The Parrot representative was in the area and did not charge for the inspection and recommendation. He gave me the name of a good brick mason who did make the repair a week later.

Work Completed On 11/03/2013

10/15/2013

Coleman K.

Showed up on time and spent time examining house and then discussed problem with me. He suggested that I hire a structural engineer to provide a repair plan. He offered to send me a few names of engineers they have worked with in the past., I decided to use another contractor to expedite the process, but Parrot rep was thorough and professional and I would call them again for estimates and /or repairs.

Description of Work
inspected house and property to provide estimate of repair cost

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/10/2013

07/29/2013

Renay H.

Company provided excellent service. Detailed and specific information regarding sink issue was provided.

Description of Work
Examine property to determine what should be done to stop sinkhole.

Work Completed On 07/29/2012

03/13/2013

James T.

Very well. Provided the name of a good brick mason.

Description of Work
Inspected the bricks on the front of my house for possible routes for rain water to enter.

Work Completed On 03/11/2013

11/01/2012

Pamela J.

Parrot removed the cross ties and built the wall in less than a week. The wall is stable, lovely and was done in a timely manner with extreme professionalism.

Description of Work
Parrot removed a cross tie wall that was bowed and secured another brick retaining wall and replace the cross tie wall with Geostone blocks

Work Completed On 10/07/2012

10/16/2012

Robert F.

never responded to my email.

Description of Work
never responded to my email

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/16/2012

07/11/2012

Rebecca R.

They were very clear in explaining what they were going to do and stuck to the estimate. They knew what they were doing and could repair what I needed done promptly and effectively.

Description of Work
I used Parrot Structural Services LLC for driveway elevation and repair.

Category concrete driveways, mudjacking

Work Completed On 07/11/2011

11/17/2011

Jeffrey T.

He was on time and professional. Because my cracks were not bad he recommended getting a structural engineer to look at it and he would perform the work recommended by them. I am still deciding what to do but I appreciate not being "sold" piers just because that is how they make money.

Description of Work
Had Mike from Parrot come out to look at some cracks in the brick on my home and provide an estimate.

Work Completed On 11/10/2011

04/20/2011

Jonathan M.

It worked out perfect. I absolutely will use them again.

Description of Work
I used Parrot Structural Services to fix my foundation as well as some erosion under my driveway. They filled under my driveway with pressurized sand, concrete and gravel.

Category concrete repair, excavators, pavers, gravel, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/20/2010