Alabama Accent and Remodeling

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2011

1718 21st Ave

Calera, AL 35040

Painting and handyman service....

08/22/2014

TIM M.

I hired Mike to do the work described and he was very quick to respond and give me an estimate on the repair cost. The repair/replacement was done thoroughly and quickly and looks great. He will make sure you are satisfied with the job he has done. I highly recommend Mike and his crew for fast, reasonable, and professional work. I plan on using him again for other work needed.

Description of Work
1. Repaired/replaced siding on house dormers, eave and chimney 2. Replace chimney cap

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, siding

06/19/2014

R Brent L.

Mike answered my call right away and went by my house to give me an estimate the same day. The job had to be postponed a few days to wait for clear skies, otherwise he would have been able to get it done the next day. I don't know how he was able to do such a great job considering the height of my house and the fact there is no level ground for ladders.But he pulled it off. Mike even added some extra touches just to make sure I was 100% satisfied. I look forward to using him again on my next project, big or small.

Description of Work
Painted exterior windows of house

Category handyman service, house painters

04/10/2014

Anita C.

Mike and his son showed up on time and went straight to work. They did a very good job replacing the back door and frame. Mike repaired a roof brace that had broken loose and come through the ceiling, then patched the ceiling. They helped us select paint for three rooms. The rooms had not been painted in 40 years, and required three coats of paint. They repaired all the cracks in the plaster. The paint job looks lovely. The colors are perfect. Very pleased with their professional work. We have used Alabama Accent several times. Their prices and work are always good.

Description of Work
Replaced door and frame, repaired roof brace, patched hole in ceiling, painted 3 rooms

08/21/2013

Anita C.

We have hired Mike Bearden for three jobs now. He shows up quickly, charges a very fair price, and works quickly. Mike came out on the day I called him and gave an estimate for the job. They began work the next day. The house had a lot of chips in the external paint. They pressure washed, scraped, replaced damaged wood and shingles, and painted. They did a very good job and we are pleased.

Description of Work
Paint house exterior. Replace rotten wood and shingles.

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, house painters

08/17/2013

Anita C.

Mike and John showed up fast and worked quickly. They did an excellent job. They went the extra mile and cleaned the awnings and windows they didn't work on. I would recommend the company to anyone needing good handyman services.

Description of Work
Removed awning and window facing boards. Repaired facing and put awning back up. Repaired gutters and installed gutter guards for entire roof.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, replacement windows

11/24/2012

Cheryl G.

I needed someone in a hurry to fit with my work schedule. They completed their current job and started my job the next day. They worked on my job until it was finished, unlike so many who have several jobs going at a time. I felt that the price was fair.

Description of Work
This father and son can do many things. They did some interior painting, worked on some exterior sticky" doors, and cleaned and sealed my granite sunroom floors. They were very patient when it was time to decide where everything needed to go afterwards on the porch. I will call them again.

Category handyman service, interior painters

11/14/2012

good experiences

Description of Work
I had called Mike at Alabama Accent about doing some painting on my newly married son house for a surprise wedding gift i got with my new daughter in law an helped her pick the colors she wanted. An explained to mike the worked had to be done before they returned from there honeymoon. Since this was going to be a wedding / house warming gift not only was the work done before time it was beautiful an the icing on the wedding cake was a discount from Alabama accents, Mike informed me that since I have done a good bit of work with them in the past he was giving me a extra discount on the total price it made me think god is already good. Thanks Mike and crew at Alabama Accent for the wedding gift.

09/17/2012

barbara S.

Read other reviews of this co. on Angies list. Called and got estimate. It seemed fair. When the time came for the actual work things got sticky. I was going into the hospital and told them what I wanted done. They agreed with everything and seemed to understand. I should have fired them when they were scrapping the hand finished old fashioned texture off the ceiling. It was my understanding that they would scrape down one area only to repair it. Instead they did the whole ceiling and charged an extra $500. When I came home from the hospital I found paint drips on the floors, furniture and cabinets. I pointed it out , but by that time I was so disgusted that I just wanted them gone. Never again will I rely on reviews alone.

Description of Work
Paint 3 interior rooms and a hallway. Put up an exhaust fan in bathroom.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Member while you were away i assumed your husband was incharge i showed him where the leak you had flooded the ceiling an it had sunk down for so long that the screws would not pull it back up he agreed the only thing to do was to replace the sheetrock an your husband watched while we replaced an entire ceiling of rock an it has to be finished which is a three day process with 3 men working on it most of that time.all i did was charged for my labor an when the job was completed i persona-lily walked over the job with both of yall an touch up missed spots and paint drips because it does happen.i do not leave the job until the customer is happy an when i left you both were.and for patching your ceiling the old problem was you could see where it was patched ask anyone who knows anything about it you have to do it from one end to the other are you will see a patch so the fact that i completely done your ceiling the proper way upset you i apologize i only wish i had taken pictures to show my customers the members if you would check on prices of material and labor you would see you got better than a fair price and i walked over the whole house with you and you said you were pleased with it now you get on here an slander my business is not right and not fair i did everything you ask and more

08/06/2012

Anita C.

Michael and son showed up on time and worked quickly. They replaced the wood, installed the window, patched and painted a small bathroom in less than 3 hours. I was pleased with their friendliness and their work.

Description of Work
24x36" window, sill, and some facing boards replaced, walls patched and repainted

Category handyman service, replacement windows, interior painters

03/15/2012

Michele G.

He was on time and stayed on the job until he completed everything and did it very neatly. He was very helpful with coloring so that everything went together. For the quality of work I received, it was a very good price.

Description of Work
Last time he was out he did some painting and bathroom work for me.

12/29/2011

Michele G.

Over the past 25 years I have redone my home about eight times. Alabama Accent And Remodeling was recommenced by a friend. Mike the owner meet with me on colors and different designs, Mike was very patient and helpful with option that would meet my budget. The The job was completed neatly and with in the time frame that was quoted. I am planning on remodeling my bath in the near future. I will use Alabama Accent and Remodeling for my next project.

Description of Work
Alabama Accent and Remodeling came to my home and removed the texture from my ceiling in kitchen and living room. added crown molding to kitchen and painted the walls and cabinets. Resealed the exterior windows.

JD Gomez Hardwood Flooring LLC

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We have over 10 years of experience. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Rivas painting LLC

Altract Home Improvement, LLC

Altract is an interior and exterior residential and commercial painting company. We provide high quality long life paint finishes from the top paint manufacturers. Altract is a fully licensed and insured company and all of our work comes with a 3 year guarantee. In addition to painting we also provide carpentry, deck and fence staining, drywall install and removal and other necessary services for residential and commercial property improvement.

Handymen, painting - interior & exterior, carpentry