Waynes

Founded 1973 • With Angi since May 2007

2183 Parkway Lake Dr

Birmingham, AL 35244

Award winning. Additional contact names - Steven Splawn, Allen Ritter. Residential and commercial services.

04/21/2019

Roy O.

Needed to call a number of times before finally getting scheduled. Got erroneous text that service was done, than when scheduled appointment time acme got text that we are on schedule. No technician showed up on appointment date and no text or call for what happened. We called to find out, standard excuse. This not the first time.

Description of Work
Scheduled lawn care

09/25/2017

m C.

Refund was performed at less than full amount charged.

Description of Work
Performed initial treatment and never showed up again but continued to charge me.

06/22/2017

Sue F.

After 1 year of service lawn severely deteriorated, pre- emergent control poor, as compared to 10 years of service from another company I had used, who sold to them. Poor technicians doing poor quality work with poor quality chemicals.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizing/weed control

06/15/2017

Michele A.

I have not had an issue with them. They are very professional and very nice.

Description of Work
They come out quarterly.

03/03/2017

Bob C.

It went very well. I have no complaints. I have been happy with their service.

Description of Work
They sprayed around the house for insects and pests. They're going to come back and trim my hedges and tress and put some mulch out.

04/19/2016

Linda H.

They young woman on the phone asked me what I needed done and asked for my zip code. She they said they don't work in my zip code. I don't think they wanted to come to my neighborhood because it's predominately black residents.

Description of Work
Looking into lawn service.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

03/07/2016

Steven J.

Have used for years and we are happy with the quality of our lawns. This is actually a service where they come out about once a quarter for application of whatever our lawns need. Price is per trip.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and weed control

07/21/2015

Neil T.

I have been satisfied with their service. They replaced Cook's because they gave me a better price.

Description of Work
I use Waynes for pest and termite control.

07/19/2015

Michael C.

The last service performed was lawn weed control and fertilization. The weeds are dying and the grass looks much greener.

Description of Work
Lawn weed control and fertilization.

03/11/2015

Erin V.

They do pest control and lawn care. It’s such a one big company and does a lot of different things. We have a monthly service. The staff is very friendly. They were very prompt.

Description of Work
I used Waynes for pest control and lawn service.

Category pest control, lawn service

01/29/2015

David M.

Great company, great service...and do a great job

Description of Work
I have quarterly pest control as well as annual lawn chemical care.

01/27/2015

Linda K.

Have used Wayne's for 2 years & have been very pleased with the job they have done. Our lawn has never looked better.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizing, weed control, & fescue overseeding

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

01/14/2015

Steven P.

My weeds were out of control until I hired them. Within only a couple of treatments, my lawn was looking great and weed free. Since weeds are growing wildly out of control, I don't have to mow as often saving time and money.

Description of Work
Waynes comes out every six to eight weeks. They spray for weeds and fertilize the lawn.

12/30/2014

Biju N.

I was hoping to get a lush green lawn with weeds removed and out of sight. After giving the service to Waynes I have waited for over a year and half and still have not seen much results with improving lawn. While the treatments were done regularly and the amount from bank deducted monthly, I did not see any difference in my lawn. I have decided to cancel their service and proceed with another agency.

Description of Work
Periodic lawn treatment service for over a year.

10/25/2014

Larry P.

They cut the neighbors yard and we see them all the time. They do satisfactory work and they are prompt. There are some things they could do better like they are supposed to take care of the weeds and shrubbery. They don't do a good job on that. I think I couldn't get anybody who would do a better job.

Description of Work
I have Waynes for the yard.

Category lawn service

10/20/2014

Scott F.

We inherited our Waynes termite contract when we bought our house. So far, the service has not been impressive. Waynes is disorganized. Waynes billed us for termite service without first sending someone to inspect our home. When we called Waynes to ask when they would actually inspect our home, they did not have an answer. We half wondered if they would have sent someone without us prompting them to. But eventually, they did send someone, as required by the contract; the visit was good and bad. Worse than a cable company, Waynes did not give us a 2-hour window of time when the inspector would come. They just said the inspector would come in the morning or afternoon. When the inspector came, he was nice and professional. But halfway through his visit a representative from the Waynes office called to say that the person who was supposed to inspect our home had quit and that they would have to reschedule. We wondered who the person then inspecting our crawlspace was supposed to be. But it was just a mixup on their end. Being disorganized, the right hand didn't know what the left was doing.

Description of Work
Inspected home as part of termite contract

06/27/2014

GINGER H.

They do a decent job, and a couple of times I have had to ask them to come back, because the weeds are still rampant, and they will come back. The first time the pest control guy came, he rang the door bell, and my 3 dogs ran out to see what was going on, and I found him on top of my car. I have 2 that are 100 pounds and one that is 10 pounds, and the 10 pound one was the one barking at him.

Description of Work
They come to my house every month. They come on the first Friday of every month, to do weed control, and pest control.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

06/13/2014

Taylor M.

There service in general is always good. David (our Rep) has always been prompt and good to work with. He has gone out of his way to go above and beyond. I would recommend Wayne's if he was everyone's rep.

Description of Work
Wayne's provides pest control services for our family. They will come quarterly and spray the outside of our house as well as inside if I ask. They will also come take care of mice or other more complicated pests as needed.

06/13/2014

Taylor M.

We have generally not been very pleased with the landscape division of Wayne's. I have had positive dealings with the pest control and termite areas of the company in terms of price and quality of work, but the landscape area hasn't lived up to my expectations. 1) They do not always come on the same days or consistently throughout the year to cut my grass. 2) There have been at least 2 times in the last year where they did not cut a fairly large portion of my yard. 3) They cut my grass far too low and now it looks horrible 4) my contract stipulates that they will trim back my shrubbery. They have not done this one time without me complaining about. I expect them to trim them back as needed--I should not have to remind them periodically to do it. 5) The yard is less green than it was with Trugreen/Chemlawn. This is likely due to not fertilizing at the correct times 6) I have tried to enlist them to do some general landscape work in my flower beds (installing drainage) and the price they quoted me was ridiculous ($1000 for about 6 hours work). It was apparent that they had no interest in doing the install. At this point the only thing keeping me with Wayne's landscape is the pest control services I receive and the lower price I get from bundling.

Description of Work
We use Wayne's Landscape division to cut our grass weekly, cut back shrubbery, spray for weeds and fertilize, and for occasional landscape help.

Category pest control, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

06/10/2014

Brooke G.

Wayne's does a great job. I really appreciate the prompt attention that is received when I call with a request. Costumer service is above average.

Description of Work
Regular pest and lawn maintenance.

Category pest control, lawn service

06/05/2014

Mary L.

It was an excellent experience! They were very attentive, thorough, and timely. I believe they could improve more on working with the grass area. I still was very pleased and would use them again.

Description of Work
They sprayed a mix of bush and tree treatment.

Category landscaping, lawn service

06/03/2014

Mary Ann M.

I like that they call before they come. They are also extremely punctual and so far, we are adequately bug free.

Description of Work
They came over for a regular interior and exterior spray.

06/02/2014

Beverly F.

Part of the yard looked good, but a larger part continued to lose grass, have weeds & moss. The technicians were nice, would come out when I called, but their chemicals didn't seem effective. I have called another lawn service to get grass back in shape.

Description of Work
Lawn care.

05/30/2014

Gregg B.

David is our rep and he always does a really great job. We rarely ever have to call for a re-do.

Description of Work
Quarterly pest service

05/06/2014

Deborah G.

Sometimes I have to call them back out but they always come back.

Description of Work
We used them on a regular for various services.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

Landscape Champs LLC

We specialize in all phases of Landscaping and Hardscaping. New landscaping design to reality, we do sod, plants, stone, sprinklers, and drainage. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Award 2022
    Offers by Landscape Champs LLC on Angi
    Altract Home Improvement, LLC

Altract is an interior and exterior residential and commercial painting company. We provide high quality long life paint finishes from the top paint manufacturers. Altract is a fully licensed and insured company and all of our work comes with a 3 year guarantee. In addition to painting we also provide carpentry, deck and fence staining, drywall install and removal and other necessary services for residential and commercial property improvement.

Delta Painting

Delta Painting covers residential painting with timely work and exceptional results. Your property deserves the best-looking finish whenever you invest in a new coat of paint inside or outside your home. Our Birmingham, Al business is proud of the smooth finish we always leave, paired with our excellent customer service. We offer our touch in many communities surrounding Birmingham, Al

Pest Control, Lawn Care, Home Improvement, Landscape, Tree Treatments, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling, Painting, Wood Rot Repair, Caulking Windows, Doors, Gutter Cleaning, Soffit, Fascia, Leak Repair, Deck Cleaning, Staining, Sheetrock, Plaster, Toilet, Plumbing, Lighting Fixtures, Masonry, Brick, Tile & Grout.