W C Wright & Son Heating and AC

Founded 1946 • With Angi since June 2006

3008 4th Ave S

Birmingham, AL 35233

Since 1946, W.C. Wright & Son, Inc. has been a Birmingham area HVAC contractor specializing in air conditioning repair, heating repair, indoor air quality, plumbing, and generators for projects of any size. 18 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No additional travel charges. Service fee applies. Ask about Angie's List discount. Additional contact - Compton Wright & Brenda Wright. Additional address - 5119 Split Rail Trl Birmingham, AL 35244. Additional phone number - (205) 980-1979. Award winning....

10/25/2021

Glennon T.

They were excellent, they were prompt and affordable

Description of Work
Air condition service

Category

05/20/2021

Richard C.

Brad did a great job on the installation of a 5-ton AC unit. He was on-time, courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced AC unit

09/23/2020

Joe A.

Perfect. We've been using W. C. Wright for 20 years for all our a/c and heating maintenance. They’re just first class all the way.

Description of Work
Furnace winter inspection.

08/03/2020

Diana W.

Excellent. I have used WC Wright before and could not be more pleased with their Tech's and Customer Service Department. Scott (tech) came out on time and fixed my problems with the condensation drain (was draining into crawl space instead of outside & checked both Furnace's in crawl space area. He noticed a problem with the filter on one system, we discussed, problem, and was with poor installation of new furnace three years ago by another HCA company. Also noticed second system did not even have a filter attached to furnace. These problems listed above WAS NOT W.C. Wright fault. They did not install these two systems. Scott was very professional, very knowledgeable & took pictures so I could understand what was going on with the system that did not have a filter. (Furnaces located in crawl space). I am very pleased with WC Wright company ethics & tech's, SCOTT and customer service, especially Stacey. They are my go to HCA company.

Description of Work
Preventive Maintenance on 2 systems. Also fixed Condensation tubing on 1 system.

08/03/2020

DIANA W.

Excellent Technician. I have used WC Wright before and cannot praise this company enough! Also used Scott before on another home for AC issues. Did yearly maintenance and a repair problem with condensation tubing. Scott is professional, knowledgeable of his craft and always able to answer any questions I have concerns about. I have used many HCA companies in the past but have found a home with this very honest company.

Description of Work
Preventive Maintenance on two system. Fix a condensation tube

08/02/2020

DIANA W.

I was in a fix when I heard from my rental customer LATE Friday afternoon. The AC was not cooling properly. I called WC Wright and talked with Stacey (customer Service) & they couldn't get someone out till Monday morning. I called three other AC companies with same response. But, Stacey called me back & said she worked around the schedule and Nick (tech) could come out within the hour. I must say I was SHOCKED Stacey even called me back. It was late on a Friday afternoon & they were swamped with the hot weather. Nick, the tech, saved the day. Found problem, added coolant and on his way within 20 minutes!!! I am writing such a long review but not only does WC Wright have excellent technicians, but the customer service is outstanding!! Hard to find good customer service nowadays, but not only was Stacey courteous and professional but she obviously has good listening skills because she actually listen to my concern about needing to get someone to come out soon & she worked out the problem presented to her and found a way! I was a priority and W C Wright certainly created a loyal customer. Diana Wilson

Description of Work
AC was not cooling adequately. Coolant needed.

07/31/2020

Joe A.

Problem solved. Compressor need 1 LB of coolant. Jim also cleaned out the pump-drain box in the basement. This is a great company to deal with. They’ve been taking care of us since 1996 or so. Jim, as well as every technician they have ever sent out, are very professional and great to deal with. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
A/C was not cooling

06/25/2020

James H.

Perfect. Nick Mullennix arrived on time did a super job and the job was done in a timely manner. WC Wright has been my heating and air company for many years. There is just none better.

Description of Work
Re-route condensation pump drain line.

04/03/2020

Travis D.

Very good , timely and professional - excellent service

Description of Work
AC maintenance

Thank you !

11/16/2017

Michele and Mike D.

Their estimate was too high for us, but they were nice to deal with.

Description of Work
They gave an estimate on replacing a central attic dehumidification unit.

07/05/2017

Gary R.

I used this company for my HVAC needs for years. When my water heater stopped working, they sent someone who fixed it. He also told me I had a high-pressure gas line and needed a gas regulator. He came back in a few days and put a regulator on for several hundred dollars, but the next day my water heater went out again. Another guy came and told me I didn't have a high-pressure line, and he didn't understand why a regulator was put on because I didn't need it. He cleaned up the gas lines in the heater and I didn't have any more issues. But I don't have confidence in WC Wright & Sons any more.

Description of Work
Water heater pilot wouldn't stay lit

Category water heater repair

07/03/2017

Edith T.

They are a really good to use for your air conditioner needs.

Description of Work
Replaced the air conditioner unit.

01/04/2017

T C.

Everything was perfect. They were on time, very courteous, installed the unit and cleaned up better than when they got there. Top notch company. I know why they have been in business so many years, CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Description of Work
Installed new Amana 2 1/2 ton heating and a/c unit.

08/18/2016

Gwen L.

Service tech cleared blocked drain pipe, checked the inside components for any damage caused by leaking water, and replaced the filter with a size that fit better in the unit. He cleaned the outside compressor and checked the freon. Very thorough. He offered a yearly service contract, but there was no pressure to buy it.

Description of Work
Needed central air conditioner service. Unit was leaking water into the basement.

07/04/2016

Brian C.

I had written several years ago and complained that the company was pushing a new unit. Well, two years later, the American Standard unit did fail and I ended up paying a higher price as I waited too long. It is always difficult to tell when a unit is on the brink of failure, but having an AC go out in June during a heat wave is a bad idea. The system failed on Sunday, they came with a bid on Monday and the unit was replaced Wednesday. They also checked the other unit for free and replaced some pvc drains. All in all, it was done very well.

Description of Work
Replaced upstairs coil and outside condenser (3 ton unit).

01/02/2016

Judith K.

I have no specific service call to report. I use them at least twice a year.

Description of Work
I have used W.C. Wright for my spring and fall service for almost 35 years. They also have replaced my furnace and air conditioner along the way. They are professional, helpful, responsive, and they take special care to meet our needs because a disabled man lives in this house. They have always done their best to get to us quickly in an emergency. I wouldn't use any other provider for this service.

11/10/2015

Jack C.

Called before he came to tell me he was on the way. Arrived within promised service window. Tech was quick and thorough. He checked out both heating systems. He also replaced filters using filters I had bought and washed a permanent filter I use. Quick thorough and professional.

Description of Work
seasonal maintenance of two forced air gas heating systems.

07/25/2015

greta V.

service man arrived on time and did a thorough check and cleaning of my systems. I have total confidence that they do everything they can to maintain my systems and when I need a new one they are reasonable and I always know that they are truthful.

Description of Work
serviced my air conditioner systems

07/15/2015

Andrea G.

Carl was on time to do the work. He was very nice and professional. They explained how our new digital thermostat worked for us. The air has never felt better and I am so glad we replaced it with these guys.

Description of Work
Carl came and installed a new HVAC unit for us.

06/26/2015

Brian C.

I like the company, but felt that they were pushing a new AC unit even though the old one was working adquately. I recognized the wisdom in considering a larger unit, with more power, but felt that I should use the old system until it actually stopped working. They were pressing the point that 'it will be more expensive if you wait until Summer', but I didn't like the hard sell.

Description of Work
This compay provided inspection services, and also provided a quote for a new compressor.

06/22/2015

Monica C.

It went great! The toilet is fixed and I was not charged.

Description of Work
the day they came out, June 17, was for some warranty work. The previous year they had fixed a toilet for me, and gave me a 1 year warranty on the work. I was having the same problem with the toilet and I called them. They sent someone out 2 days later and fixed the problem at no charge.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

06/17/2015

Dudley M.

Excellent. Very reasonable, and explained the maintenance of the system to me.

Description of Work
Cleaned out central air drain lines and serviced unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, drain cleaning

06/01/2015

Jack P.

We have used WC Wright for heating and air conditioning service and maintenance since 1969. They are honest, competent and professional in every way. They have upgraded, replaced and maintained our equipment in fine fashion. They are always thorough and conscientious.

Description of Work
Routine check of furnace system. They will do an air conditioning check soon.

02/18/2015

Janet J.

I had been smelling something hot, and a day or two later awoke to a house at 55 degrees. I called my daughter to see who she had called when she had problems and she suggested W. C. Wright & Sons, Inc. I called at about 9AM the young man arrived at about noon. He was very professional, courteous, and nice. He wasted no time and went right to work. After cleaning the furnace and checking it out, he explained to me that the capacitor was not working properly and that it could have caused the blower and exhaust motors to have problems starting up and he would replace it and check the motors to see if they were operating at the proper amperage. He told me that the motors seemed to be working properly with the new capacitor. He told me the total for the service and repair was $99 and that I could call my card into the office. He brought in a detailed invoice.This was a very good experience and I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Description of Work
Scott serviced my furnace, found that the capacitor was not functioning properly, replaced it and checked the fan and blower motors to make sure they were operating at proper amperage.

02/10/2015

Alesia A.

Very pleased with service and responsiveness.

Description of Work
replaced ignitor