SouthFace Renovations LLC.

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2014

Hello my name is Johnny DeBlieux! I am the owner and operator of this custom paint, roofing, remodel and construction company. We can do any and all interior or exterior remodel/restoration project. My attention to detail and skills are geared towards the finished product. My business has from 3-8 employees per job and myself depending on size of project. We are properly insured and licensed to do any residential project known to man! I normally operate under a draw pay application for longer projects or 50% deposit and 50% upon completion payment plan for shorter projects. We give Senior citizens and Angie's List members discounts as well!...

living area

+304 more images

house painting (65)interior painting (35)woodworking (16)siding companies (14)roofing (14)decks & porches (11)general contractors (10)home remodeling (9)pressure washing (6)cabinet refacing (3)home builder (1)hauling (1)

03/01/2022

Caleb D.

Job went well and was completed on time.

Description of Work
Load bearing wall was removed in kitchen

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 01/31/2021

01/07/2022

Amanda R.

Southface Renovations completed a renovation of the first floor of our home in 2021. The scope of work included an addition that was approximately 25ft x 5ft (foundation to roofing), removing two interior walls, demo’ing an existing kitchen, installing 5 new windows, refinishing all existing hardwood flooring as well as adding new to match, exterior painting and gutters, and rebuilding the kitchen including all cabinets, countertops, appliances, lighting, plumbing and electrical. The owner Johnny and project manager Andrew were present on site as often as needed and available by text and email nearly 24/7. Workers were on our property nearly every single day and made good progress the entire time. With a project this size there will always be changes to the scope and problems that come up, and Southface handled each of these completely. They finished the job within the budget and timeframe they promised. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Full 1st floor remodel & addition

Category drywall, gutter repair, lighting, masonry, remodeling, roofing, siding, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

Review for SouthFace Renovations LLC. - 1024 Alford Ave, Birmingham, AL - 39591080

10/01/2021

Joe R.

I contacted SouthFace for an estimate on replacing the siding on my home, exterior painting and repair some rotted wood sections. Johnny contacted me and scheduled a time to come and provide an estimate in a timely manner. The estimate was competitive and they were willing to work with my timelines as we were having a pool installed and needed to wait until the pool builder was finished before beginning the siding job. Once I gave SouthFace the notification that I was ready to begin the work they had materials delivered within a couple days and the demo/repair began the following week. I was pleased with the ease of communication with Johnny and his team during the work and we are very happy with the final product. Would highly recommend SouthFace and plan to work with them on future projects.

Description of Work
New siding, paint, rot repair

Category drywall, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

07/27/2021

Calle M.

These guys were great! The crew arrived at around 7:45 am each day and started promptly at 8am. They were very polite to us and to the neighbors and worked quickly to address any issues that arose during the project. Highly recommend, very easy, trustworthy, and reliable.

Description of Work
Exterior Siding Replacement and Paint Job

Category contractors, siding, window cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 07/27/2021

06/03/2021

Claire A.

SouthFace Renovations was absolutely wonderful to work with! Their pricing was competitive with similar contractors. Their professionalism, workmanship, punctuality, prompt communication, and general trustworthy employees with wonderful craftsmanship was impeccable. Johnny, Andrew, Rafael, Pablo and their team were a dream to work with. They replaced our roof, removed and replaced the siding on our exterior chimney, added a new chimney cap, added cricket on the roof, sanded and re-stained our outside deck, repaired and replaced various pieces of siding on the house that was damaged by squirrels, removed the popcorn ceiling in three interior rooms, painted those 3 rooms, including a stairwell/foyer area. I would highly recommend SouthFace Renovations for your next project.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, Exterior & Interior painting, external chimney siding work, interior popcorn ceiling removal.

Category decks, remodeling, roofing, siding, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

03/05/2021

Martha H.

I was very pleased with my master bathroom remodel by SouthFace Renovations and owner Johnny DeBlieux. He provided a complete and realistic estimate for my project. All the subcontractors were professional, nice and always on time. They communicated well throughout the process. I would highly recommend this company for home remodeling.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom remodel

Category contractors, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

02/26/2021

Edward P.

Great communication from start to finish; Johnny and Andrew were awesome to work with, Stayed within the time frame and budget set at the beginning. They let us know of any snags and questions along the way and were willing to fix issues without any problems.

Description of Work
Total remodel of kitchen

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/25/2021

Charles T.

Every done well and in a timely fashion. Always good contact with Andrew

Description of Work
Painting, replaced a wall, trim work, bathroom work

Category contractors, drywall, home inspection, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/22/2021

Andrew M.

A prior owner had regrettably painted perfectly good exterior brick with white latex paint. I contacted multiple contractors who declined to take the job and spent many weekends and weeknights trying to get the paint off myself. SouthFace removed the paint in a few weeks with minimal roughening of a small portion of the underlying brick and mortar. The brick looks great again.

Description of Work
Strip latex paint from the exterior brick of a 3000 square foot house

Category masonry, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Review for SouthFace Renovations LLC. - 1024 Alford Ave, Birmingham, AL - 39206590

09/11/2020

Lindsay F.

I had an old, painted beadboard ceiling on my screened in porch that was starting to buckle and needed replacing. I called Johnny and discussed the project with him, sent pictures of the existing ceiling and also pictures of ceilings that I liked. Within a few days, he came out to the house and provided an estimate. He scheduled a work date the next week, delivered the materials, and had the project completed in one day (he originally though it would take two days)! They returned the following day to stain it a beautiful natural color. Very prompt, professional and hard working. I’m very happy with the results, and I will certainly use him again in the future!

Description of Work
Ceiling on screened in porch replaced

Category contractors, decks, house painters

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

Review for SouthFace Renovations LLC. - 1024 Alford Ave, Birmingham, AL - 38866281

04/22/2020

Charles T.

Great. The guys did a great job. They were prompt and repaired the area properly. All the personnel were very friendly, courteous and explained the work in detail. Thanks.

Description of Work
Repair fascia, flashing, and seal on rear corner of home Prep and paint area repaired

Category home builders

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

12/24/2019

Nancy L.

Southface renovated my entire townhouse, including 3 bathrooms and kitchen. I am 70 plus years old and have never had a better experience with renovating. They completed the work in less than 3 months! The owner would answer my questions and emails within hours. They even worked weekends to get all the projects completed. All of the employees were respectful, helpful and did quality work. Thank you Southface for the great job.

Description of Work
Reovation of entire townnhouse

Category decks, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

11/30/2019

Cathy F.

Large and tall 100 year + old house on Birmingham's Southside with large exterior surface area that probably had not been touched for 40-50 years. Southface removed existing aluminum siding, repaired/replaced rotten wood, replaced flashing and fascia boards, restored original siding and boards where needed, installed new porch lights and fans, cleaned stone, cladding and repainted everywhere. Took longer than expected but as work was on outside, was not too concerned and there were also delays due to weather conditions. Left work site very clean and tidy at end of job. Larry, Ivan and the crew were great to work with, great communication with frequent check-ins. Very responsive to my concerns. Cost more than original estimate but they ran into some unexpected repairs and did some additional work that was not included in original estimate. I was impressed by how they looked for ways to save money where they could and asked at each step where they had to spend extra to fix something properly. Estimate was much more reasonable than others I had obtained in the past. Overall I am very happy and would use again.

Description of Work
Exterior restoration/renovation

Category contractors, decks, lighting, roofing, siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 11/30/2019

11/25/2019

Parker W.

If you could give half stars, I would probably give Southface a 3.5 or a solid C grade. They completed 4 projects of varying degree at my house. Three of those 4 projects resulted in me pointing out where mistakes were made, or the project was not completed. This was sometimes difficult as it seems the project managers have very little time to supervise their workers. All the work was eventually completed, but there are still items that I will go back and fix in the future. I understand that it is hard to find quality subs to perform decent work in this booming economy, but If you’re a detail-oriented person, I have to assume there are better people to work with. I will say that I believe the supervisor I worked with and his office staff are honest people. They informed me of an overpayment I accidently made and applied that to future invoices.

Description of Work
Installed crown molding, repaired roof, installed hardwood floors, installed new interior doors

Category remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

03/05/2019

Don R.

Andrew with SouthFace came with the painters to oversee our project. He was very attentive to details making sure the job was done well. The painters did an excellent job. These are the kind of people we want working in our home. We would not hesitate to recommend Andrew and SouthFace.

Description of Work
Painting garage

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

03/05/2019

KERRY S.

We had an amazing experience with SouthFace during our kitchen remodel. They repeatedly proved to be efficient, friendly, and accessible. We were kept updated throughout the project, even outside of business hours. Any problems, oversights, or mistakes that we noted (and there were very few) were corrected quickly and professionally. They even connected us with an excellent plumber when we suffered an unrelated problem. They were very patient with us as first-time homeowners and renovators. All our concerns and questions were met with kindness and support, and they reassured us everything would be fine—and they were right. It’s been about six months, and no problems have surfaced. SouthFace has our strongest recommendation.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

01/23/2019

James C.

We have an older deck so when we noticed that it had places of severe wood rot, we were concerned that the entire deck would have to be replaced. We called out Larry with Southface to take a look and, after his inspection, he advised us that the deck still had several years of life left and that the handful of rotten planks could be replaced easily without replacing the whole deck. Larry told us that when the deck was originally built, the planks were placed so close together that leaves/debris could not easily be cleaned out of the grooves, which led a fungus growing under the deck boards and eventually causing the buildup to rot the wood. Larry gave us tips on how to combat this problem in the future to extend the life of the deck, and we appreciated that. Southface power washed the deck, inspecting it as they went to look for problem areas. They took out all rotten planks, and replaced, plus added new wood underneath to shore up the entire thing. We had a long period of rain after they replaced the wood, so they could not paint right away. However, Larry stayed in constant contact with us about when they planned to come back and do the painting. After things dried out, they returned and painted the new wood (matching the paint very well). All told, it took about a day to replace the wood and make the other repairs, and then just a couple of hours to paint. It looks fantastic and we are thrilled to have a sturdier (and safer) deck for our children and dogs to play on. Through the whole process Larry kept us updated and well-informed - the communication with Southface was excellent and the price was fair. My wife and I would not hesitate to use them again, and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
deck repairs

Category decks

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

11/21/2018

Amy Y.

Excellent quality work and top notch service.

Description of Work
Painting; Exterior trim repairs

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

10/17/2018

Mazy H.

The guys are great, courteous and prompt. Also quite expedient. Very please with the work!

Description of Work
Renovation on Apartment

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

08/07/2018

Mark W.

Very well, delays only due to other jobs and weather. Communication about days/time was excellent.

Description of Work
Roof repair from tree damage

Category gutter repair, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

07/02/2018

ginny H.

Crew were really nice and accommodating. They were punctual as well which is a rarity in this line of work. Johnny was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had and he made sure everything was done to our liking.

Description of Work
Whole exterior home painted

Category house painters

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

06/28/2018

JIM B.

Considering it was a major bath renovation, the entire process went smoothly. Working with Johnny (owner) was easy from the bid through the job completion and minor followups. All workers were proficient and professional and good with followup and cleanup. Once the job started, there were no hiccups in scheduling and finished in a timely manner. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Remodel master bath

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

06/28/2018

JIM B.

I met with Johnny DeBlieux (owner) to get a bid. Due to problems I had with previous house paint jobs, I specified several things that I required to be done on this job. He said there would be no such problems, and he was true to his word. The workers arrived on time, did good work, and completed the job on schedule. Minimum followup required on my part. Would definitely work with SouthFace again.

Description of Work
exterior house painting

Category house painters