On Guard Security Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2006

3794 Poe Dr Ste B

Birmingham, AL 35223

12 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply....

08/29/2015

George B.

Profesional assessment and installation.

Description of Work
Installed a security system.

Category home security systems

Thank you for choosing On Guard Security. It was our pleasure.

04/24/2015

Samuel R.

They were exceptional, on time, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Jon and his crew helped me convert an old ADT system, upgrade it, and start new monitoring.

Category home security systems

[Member Name], Thank you for your business and welcome back to Birmingham.

01/26/2015

Hilary B.

I had additional security sensors put on my windows. I had On Guard install a new system on my home back in September and really liked them. Any time I have a problem or question I just call and Jon (the owner) is super helpful. I asked for them to send Charles out to install again because he really is very polite and courteous!

Description of Work
Added additional security sensors on windows

Category home security systems

Thank you for the kind words and the repeat business. Let us know if you need anything else.

01/26/2015

Hilary B.

On Guard is a fantastic company to work with! Before the date of installation I spoke with the owner Jon several times to bounce questions off of. He was very polite and courteous and you could tell that he really cares about his company and doing things right. On the date of installation Charles was at the house all day working on getting everything set up. He could not have been nicer! Super nice, clean-cut young man, and very respectful.

Description of Work
Installed new security system in my home

Category home security systems

Thank you for the review. If you can't do it right and with a good attitude then don't do it at all. :-)

06/03/2014

John P.

I was very impressed with them. They did a great job. It has been very satisfactory. I was very pleased with Jon Hinds. He came out himself and evaluated everything. He made me a proposal and gave me a couple of options. I took one of them. His men came out and did a very good job in following-through with everything he said he would do. The cost was for the getting it up where it would work properly and of course, I paid monitoring fees on top of that for a year, but he is very reasonable compared to what other companies are offering.

Description of Work
My alarm system was not working and On Guard Security Inc. came in, put in new batteries on all the sensors, did an upgrading on the computer board, and checked all the monitors.

Category home security systems

(removed member name), Thank you for your kind words and trusting us with your Alarm needs. We appreciate your business. If you have any issues just give us a call. 298-8131. Sincerely, Jon Hinds

04/28/2013

Joshua B.

After being stood up by ADT, I called Jon and he sent someone out the next day to perform an install. Jon is extremely knowledgable and responsive. I highly recommend On Guard to anyone looking to purchase or move their system to a more reliable company.

Description of Work
New system purchase and install

Category home security systems

Glad we could help, Thank you for your business.

02/04/2013

Archie C.

Did a good job and I would recommend them. Their monitoring service is also cheaper and quicker to respond than the ADT service we had in the past.

Description of Work
Replaced obsolete system with new one.

Category home security systems

Thank you, Let us know if you need anything else. 298-8131 Jon H.

01/02/2013

Anne P.

We didn't end up using this service because we moved out of the state, but before we made those plans, we spoke with Jon Hinds at On Guard. He came out to our house to give us the prices on the security system we were interested in. We were really impressed with Jon, and definitely would recommend his company to any friend or family.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your review, maybe we can can help you if you move back to B'ham. Jon Hinds 298-8131

11/15/2012

Susan W.

One installer performed the work alone, so the process took about 7 hours. He arrived on time, worked fast and was very courteous. No unexpected problems popped up other than the installer did not realize that two old sensors were wireless until the temperature in the attic climbed to almost unbearable temperatures. It was the 4th of July and I really felt sorry for him having to be in the attic to run those wires. But he took it in stride and blamed himself for not checking those sensors earlier in the day when the attic temp would have been cooler. The installer did a thorough job showing us how to use the system keypad and he tested the system repeatedly. He explained how to arm and disarm the system from our cell phones and computer. This is a feature that I truly love. I can disarm remotely before I enter the house and don't have to rush to the keypad before the alarm goes off! I am well pleased with the installation and the continued operation of this system. I also like the fact that I can assign a unique entry code to family members and neighbors, I receive updates on the computer and cell phone for each entry/exit. I feel this was money well spent.

Description of Work
On Guard replaced our 10 year old outdated system installed by ADT when we first built the house. They replaced the control box, 2 keypads and 3 motion sensors. They used existing wiring with the exception of two of our window sensors that were previously wireless. We wanted them replaced with wired sensors.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business, glad to hear the installer did a great job. That remote app on your phone is cool, isn't it. Sincerely, Jon Hinds 298-8131

05/10/2012

Donna A.

After calling them, they came right out, gave me quote and later, after answering a few questions I thought of later, set a day and returned, on time, to do the installation. The gentleman was very professional, explained in detail how to work the system, and cleaned up completely before he left.

Description of Work
They installed a home security system.

It was our pleasure serving you. Thank you for the review. Jon Hinds 298-8131

03/13/2012

Andrew M.

Jon promptly responded to my inquiry and explained my options (internet, cellular, traditional phone line). I opted for a cellular system. Manuel, the installer arrived ten minutes early and worked through much of the morning and afternoon hard wiring the system, which involved quite a lot of drilling and several trips to the attic and basement. Once done he cleaned up all dust and debris and tested the system. The cellular radio first installed did not work so Jon dropped off a different model which did. All in all this was a good experience. They were reliable, efficient, and clean. I wanted to hire a local company and am glad I found one as professional as On Guard.

Description of Work
Hard wired security system.

Category home security systems

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you for your business. Jon Hinds 298-8131

05/09/2011

Whitney D.

I also found On Guard on Angies List and have been very happy with their service and system. They installed my system about a year and a half ago. The installation was very efficient and well explained. The service has been great - if I have had any problems or questions I can always get in touch not just with the monitoring service, but On Guard's local office as well. We are moving soon and I will be contacting On Guard to install a system in our new house as well. Update: Please note that if you sign the 36 month contract, you have to pay for the full 36 months, regardless of if you continue to live at the residence or not. We just moved and called to cancel our service & were told we would need to pay the remainder of the contract - so even if the new residents do not want the service, we are still paying for it. And by the way, this has to do with the monitoring service, Security Networks, not On Guard Security.

Description of Work
Installed new system with one panel, outdoor alarm, cellular transmitter, smoke detector, window sensors and motion detector.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the kind words.

03/31/2010

John S.

I contacted them after reading their reviews on here. They were able to beat the prices of the bigger security companies. I was very happy with the service I received. The installer that came out was professional and very friendly. I feel like I have made a good choice.

Description of Work
I had a security system installed for my house.

Category home security systems

Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to serving you for a long time.

02/03/2010

Jeremy G.

Service was exemplary. There was lots of communication from start to finish, including a follow-up phone call after the job was done to arrange for training. The house was clean at the end of each work day. The technician was able to hard wire several areas that were intiailly planned to be wireless, decreasing the price of the job.

Description of Work
Replaced alarm control box and three control panels. Added door contacts and glass break detector. Changed out motion detectors. Replaced old smoke and heat detectors. Added new smoke detectors.

Category home security systems

NOT MANY CUSTOMERS DO AS MUCH RESEARCH AS YOU, I AM HAPPY YOU CHOOSE US TO BE YOUR SECURITY COMPANY. THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL REVIEW. IT WAS OUR PLEASURE TO HELP YOU.

11/24/2008

It was a very good experience.

Description of Work
Mr. Hinds did a great job, didn't take him long. Mr. Hinds is a real professional.

Category home security systems

IT WAS OUR PLEASURE TO HELP YOU. THANK YOU FOR THE REFERRALS.

11/21/2008

Erin W.

Excellent.

Description of Work
Installed home security system.

Category home security systems

THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS. IT WAS OUR PLEASURE TO HELP YOU.

11/09/2006

ELLEN M.

Jon Hinds helped me design my system and identify the more vulnerable parts of my house and was very helpful and knowledgeable. The installer, Manuel, was thorough, explained everything well and cleaned up after himself nicely. I'm very pleased.

Description of Work
Installed hardwired security system with cellular connection to monitoring office and panic button.

Glad you are happy, Jon Hinds 298-8131

HOWARD N.

I am not too sure of what to tell you about services that I have only had for a little more than six months. The prices are pretty comparable and affordable. I only have the basic alarm system, which I have not had any maintenance checks done to, but the alarm seems to be working just fine. It has accidentally triggered, and On Guard was on top of things.

Description of Work
On Guard provides my monthly alarm services.

Let us know if you have any issues. Thanks for your review. Jon Hinds 298-8131

07/18/2006

He did a good job and he was in and out quickly. There were no problems and he explained all about the system to us, and he gave us a demonstration. He was very professional and he came out twice to follow up and see how things were. He was on time both times.

Description of Work
We had a security system installed in our home, and they set up the monitoring device.

If you need any more help or training, just let us know. Jon Hinds 298-8131

07/18/2006

I really have not had any troubles of any kind with the services I have been receiving from On Guard for the past year and a half or so. The company does not provide any regular maintenance checks that I have been aware of. I still really enjoy the security and having that extra bit of protection. It is a life-saving service in some instances and certainly something I do not want to be rid of.

Description of Work
They provide my monthly alarm system services.

Category home security systems

We will always be here for you. Our goal is to always provide above average service. Have a great day. Jon Hinds

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi
    SafeStreets - ADT Authorized Provider

Promo Offer: FREE Standard Security System + FREE Outdoor HD Camera + FREE $100 Visa Giftcard w/installation fee & monthly monitoring agreement. For 140 years, ADT has been the leading home security provider in the country. SafeStreets, ADT's Authorized Provider, sells and installs ADT-monitored home security systems. Our team consists of 300+ trained consultants, covering more than 90% of the United States across 44 states. We are experts on the latest smart-home technology, and highly focused on giving all customers a 5-Star Experience™. SafeStreets is committed to bringing high-tech security equipment, backed by 24/7 professional monitoring, to the place that matters most - your home. We have same day and next day appointments available, all scheduled within a one hour window. Call us anytime for a custom home security assessment and free quote! Comprehensive Security System ADT 24/7 Monitoring Touch Screen Control Panel Motion Detectors, Glass Break Sensors, & Point-of-Entry Sensors Indoor, Outdoor, & Doorbell Cameras Smart Home Automation Smoke, Carbon Monoxide, & Flood Sensors Mobile App Control Cellular Connection Back-up Battery Supply Maintenance/Extended Warranty Homeowners Insurance Certificate Theft Protection Guarantee

AIO Integrations LLC

AIO provides computer support services for all PC platforms including Apple OSX/iOS, Microsoft Windows, and Google Android devices. We are the only company on Angi.com with a BBB A+ rating providing nation-wide IT support on-site/remote services from over 1500 locations. You can call us directly at 832-402-1335, option 1 for sales, to be connected to a sales engineer if you need immediate help. You can also visit our website at https://aiosupport.net. We look forward to helping you!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Financing Available

Residential & commercial security systems, alarm monitoring, fire detection, ongoing construction services monitoring, digital surveillance, intrusion systems, covert operations, on site consulting, project interaction, CCTV, cameras & fire alarms.

Ask for details.