Estes Painting

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2006

1401 Doug Baker BLVD 106-177

Birmingham, AL 35242

Estes Painting Services was started in the 2001 by Mike Estes. Additional phone number: (205) 918-8982 2059188962 Award winning. Additional DBA - Estes Painting Corporation...

10/13/2020

Thomas S.

Mike was very prompt and thorough in submitting his estimate. He was the only contractor to provide certificates of insurance with his estimate. The work was completed within the estimated time frame and his team did an excellent job. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Exterior trim painting and wood replacement.

09/04/2020

Judy V.

Painters were very professional, on-time, and did a great job. Painted the 2 bathrooms the wrong color, but re-painted with 3 coats of paint to cover mistake. Would hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior painting. Painted all rooms and garage. Did not paint trim, crown molding, doors, or closets. Also had driveway, sidewalk and patio pressure-washed.

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

07/10/2020

Michele V.

No one ever responded to my request for service.

Description of Work
I needed wall paper hung

Category wallpaper, interior painters

Hi [Member Name Removed], We were on our yearly vacation when your request came in. We regret that your request was accidentally marked as contacted status by us on our end. We have many request each day on Angie's List for estimates, and we rely on status tracker to keep up with each request. This insures that we don't contact someone more than once. We apologize for our error. Best regards, Estes Painting

07/03/2018

Tracy B.

It was good. I've actually used them twice now. Mike does a great job at explaining the project and identifying any issues, such as rotting wood and makes sure to replace it. His crew does a good job. They're neat and clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
They painted the outside of my house.

07/02/2018

LISA R.

They did an excellent job. They had a crew that was large enough to handle things, including things we did not foresee. There was a lot more wood rot than we had expected. They showed up on time, did the work in a timely manner, cleaned up really well, and even stuck to their estimate.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my historical home, did extensive exterior carpentry work, replaced a rotted floor and put down new tile, they did new gutters, and repaired some of the wood roof decking.

Category ceramic tile, gutter repair, woodworking, house painters

01/25/2018

Amanda W.

We were extremely happy with the quality of work of Estes painting as well as the timely manor in which it was done. All painters and carpenters worked non stop from 7-5 every day only stoping for lunch. They finished the extensive work in 6 days. Every evening they cleaned up all materials only leaving their ladders in an area off to the side. From the beginning, the quality was exceptional and I truly did not worry about checking up to make sure it was done right. I felt completely comfortable leaving my house open to them for the day to work on doors while I was at work. The 2 times I mentioned a slight issue, it was taken care of immediately the next day with a wonderful attitude. I am very picky when it comes to painters and I was so happy we chose them. The bid was the highest quote we received, but the work and experience was so worth it! I highly recommend Estes painting!

Description of Work
Repair wood rot all around house including window rot, pressure washing, deck painting, gutter repair, caulking, rebuild of front porch railings, replace door, replace mailbox, replace exterior lighting, replace door hardware.

Category decks, gutter repair, lighting, siding, replacement windows, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

01/21/2018

Monica M.

The interior of our home was recently painted by Estes Painting. We were so impressed with the outstanding prep, and precision used in painting around windows, in corners, crown molding, walls, ceiling, etc...The painters were kind, prompt, and very focused. We highly recommend this company because of their excellent attention to detail and professionalism in painting.

Description of Work
Interior home

01/15/2018

J Rodney S.

Work was done quickly and professionally. Crew cleaned up every day and left job site clean. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Estes replaces the deck boards and modifies the deck railing on out 30 year old deck. Replaced the roof of our pergola, Built a new porch over our front stoop, replaced 15 rotted windows and painted the entire outside of our dryvit covered house.

Category decks, replacement windows, deck cleaning, house painters

Thanks Rod I appreciate the referrals you have giving us. It was a pleasure working with you.

01/13/2018

Allyne Y.

Very professional team. Work is excellent, employees are fantastic. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
House painting, inside and out.

Category house painters, interior painters

[Member Name Removed] Thank you !

01/12/2018

Julie L.

Mike Estes is very professional and honest up-front. His estimate may be higher than others, but it is worth it. He uses all quality products, does all necessary prep work, has a contract (that details everything so there are no surprises), hires quality workers, and has a project manager. I used Estes Painting to paint one whole house and then later parts of an interior and exterior of another house that was damaged by a storm and fallen tree. My neighbors were impressed with their work and used them, too.

Description of Work
Painted whole house (House #1) and painted multiple places at (House #2)

01/10/2018

Holli H.

We had a 30-day window to totally renovate our home before we moved in. Estes came in, painted all of our interior (walls and trim) and worked on weekdays and weekends to be sure that the job got done and in plenty of time so that the the other contractors could come in and finish out floors, plumbing, etc. They also completed some carpentry work and did a fantastic job! Candy Estes stayed in constant communication with me, was very helpful getting the price in-line with my budget, and kept me updated throughout the process. I cannot say enough about how awesome she and Mike Estes are! I have referred family, friends, and will be contacting them again to do some more work. They are phenomenal and great people to work with! Their employees are professional, work very quickly and take great pride in what they do. I'll never hire another painting company again as long as they are around!

Description of Work
Interior paint (walls and trim) and carpentry (removing a portion of a wall).

Category woodworking, interior painters

12/30/2017

Linda S.

They have not completed the job. They wanted to paint when the temperature was 37 degrees and that is too cold. When the weather was warmer they came up with excuses not to paint. I contracted this job when it was warmer but they could not start for over 6 weeks and then it was cold and rainy.

Description of Work
I still need my soffits and gutters painted.

Category house painters

Sorry for the Weather difficulties on the exterior in December, when originally scheduling this job we were booked out 30 days on start ups as mentioned from the onset. We were still in constant communication with you throughout the job. Thank You for everything and look forward to working on future Jobs down the road.

10/05/2017

Ellen M.

Great job. They replaced outside storm window about 27 feet above ground, and returned vinyl wrap to window surround.

Description of Work
Replacement window previously removed and ordered.

09/19/2017

Ellen M.

They arrived on time. Very professional painting job. Matched the paint exactly. Could not be more pleased.

Description of Work
Outside of daughter and son in laws house needed repainting .

09/19/2017

Ellen M.

Very professional staff. They arrived on time, started the project on time, and were exceptionally well trained painters. The glass company failed to have the replacement window ready on time. The painters were very polite and replaced items they had to move.

Description of Work
Storm caused damage to two ceilings. Two rooms needed painting. A broken window replacement is not included in this review.

07/31/2017

Jaclyn W.

We are very happy with the work Estes Painting did in our house--the walls and floorboards look wonderful. We were also impressed with how quickly the team worked. Even with all they did, they started early that morning and were all finished by early afternoon. While they were there, they were professional and polite. We were also pleased that the final cost came in far below the estimate. Overall, we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They painted our living room, kitchen/dining, and a stairwell in our house. They painted the walls and floorboards.

10/16/2016

Joel D.

In short, this was truly the finest, most professional work I have ever seen in a service industry company. It became immediately apparent from the initial interview and home walk-through that Estes Painting was legitimately concerned and cared about their attention to detail and the quality work they provided. Unlike other painting companies, the supervisor was on-site at least 90% of the time and was always accessible by phone otherwise. The painters themselves are long-term employees of the company, and their punctuality, professionalism and work ethic was demonstrated daily. Many companies claim that "customer service is their top priority" but I can personally attest to the genuine effort and strong work product of Estes Painting, from management all the way down to the actual painters. Put simply, Estes Painting's attention to detail and finished product should be the gold standard for every other painting company in the state. I have no doubt that the painting performed on my home was done with the very same craftsmanship and care that the owners of the company would demand of any painting job in their own home. 10 out of 10 stars!!!!

Description of Work
Full Two-story Home Interior Painting

08/27/2016

Lindsay W.

They did an excellent job. They have been attentive to a few issues that came up (stains that bled through in a couple of places) and are working to correct the problem. I would use this comoany again and recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
They built new porch columns and painted the porch ceiling and the new columns.

05/30/2016

Laura Y.

Great! We were really pleased with the company and how they managed the project. Also, the paint job looks wonderful! However, some paint fell off (about 3 inch diameter circle) about a week after they finished where they had done some wood repair. It's minor, but still pending repair about a month later.

Description of Work
Prepped exterior of house (pressure washed, replaced all caulking, repaired wood rot, etc.) and painted entire exterior of brick house

Category woodworking, house painters

04/18/2016

Brad C.

Went very well. 3rd time I've used Mike and will continue to do so in the future. Does a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Basement painting.

03/08/2016

Beverly Ann B.

I hired them to repair some wood rot. The were on time and mostly professional. There was one incident that the owner has apologized for (though it was not his fault), and other than this one incident, my contacts with this company have been professional and friendly. I had more work than the original 4 hours of work through Angie's List, and I hired them to do some repairs around the exterior of the house and then also to pressure wash the house and my deck. When I was not entirely happy with some of the work done, they sent out someone else who did his best to fix what I was not happy with. I have called them since, and they have been very responsive and professional. I will definitely hire them again. Good people; good company.

Description of Work
Repaired some wood rot - the original Angie's List deal that I had purchased for them to do. I also hired them to do some pressure washing (house and deck),

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

03/07/2016

Amy N.

Mike Estes and his crew tackled a big job at our 1920's tudor and did a great job. The prep work was significant and his crew worked steadily along over a period of a couple of weeks and got the job done in a very reasonable timeframe. Kitchen cabinets needed a facelift - and it's amazing how much better they look.now. The interior rooms were done in just a couple of days and everything looks great. The exterior took some extra carpentry and masonry work prior to painting - and Mike was able to coordinate all that within his project quote. New gutters finished the project off beautifully. As with any big project, there were a couple of weather challenges and minor mishaps along the way, but Mike addressed each and every one promptly and satisfactorily. He is a true professional and I would (WILL) use Estes Painting again in the future. Very happy customer here! Big thanks to Angie's List and to Estes Painting.... ready for spring!

Description of Work
Prepped and painted exterior of our home, replaced guttters and prepped/painted several interior rooms and kitchen cabinets.

Category gutter repair, house painters, interior painters

12/28/2015

Grant W.

I was very impressed by Mike and all of his team. The were extremely professional, pricing was competitive and they were a true pleasure to work with. We look forward to using them for other projects as well.

Description of Work
Removed popcorn ceiling, repaired ceiling, painted trim and painted ceiling.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

12/01/2015

Joe G.

We had a small amount of time to complete the work before moving in! The work was completed with our complete satisfaction!

Description of Work
Removed wallpaper , painted and a remodeled the butlers pantry and utility room by replacing cabinets.

Category wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters

11/10/2015

Helen L.

Mike's crews did a masterful job. They were prompt, efficient and neat. When Mike saw our bedroom and bath, he thought the bathroom paint job was not not up to snuff and sent the painters back for another coat. We could not be more pleased with the results and with his professionalism.

Description of Work
He painted the outside of our house and one bedroom and bath inside. We plan to have him paint the rest of the inside.

ALUX - Luxury Interior Painting

ALUX Luxury Interior Painting is ready to take your paint project from dream to reality - with experience since 2011 & quality design, our team of highly skilled service professionals will be with you every step of the way. Call today for a free estimate!

Delta Painting

Delta Painting covers residential painting with timely work and exceptional results. Your property deserves the best-looking finish whenever you invest in a new coat of paint inside or outside your home. Our Birmingham, Al business is proud of the smooth finish we always leave, paired with our excellent customer service. We offer our touch in many communities surrounding Birmingham, Al

Alabama Gutter Company

At Alabama Gutter Company, we eliminate the hassle by avoiding high pressure sales and gimmick pricing strategies. Our pledge is simple - we offer a professional approach, straightforward pricing and honest assessment for real solutions you need. Whether that is a gutter cleaning, repair or a full system - we treat your home as if it is our own. Please give us the opportunity to take care of all your gutter needs - quickly, honestly, thoroughly, and fairly priced.

Alabama
    Alabama: Home Builders
    01/01/2099
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Residential Interior & Exterior Painting. Pressure Washing. Carpentry Trim Work. Deck Builders, Deck Coating & Staining. Garage Floor Coating. Doors. Windows.