Dr. Electric

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2010

Locally owned family business with a professional standard of service. All employees are background checked and trained to be the very best electricians and safety advisors to best serve our clients. Serving both commercial and residential clients in Jefferson, Shelby, and Walker counties. Dr. Electric accepts Cash, Check, all major Credit Cards and offers Financing. Angie's List Customers receive $25 dollars off any work performed under $1000.00 and $75 dollars off any work over $1000.00. We are members of the Alabama Home Builders Association. .*Residential & Commercial Electrical Services. Outlets, Lights, Indoor & Outdoor Electrical Wiring, Fuse Box & Breaker Panel Repairs. Electrical Service Upgrades. Whole House Rewires. Custom Lighting Design & House Generators. Swimming Pool Pump & Lighting Repair. Solar Power Systems....

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

electrician (41)lighting (3)

05/07/2020

Randall B.

they were on time did great job cleaned up work area

Description of Work
install new oven

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

10/05/2019

Judith L.

Fixed my problem and I had them change a workshop outlet to a GFCI outlet. Randolph was fabulous... really knows his stuff and so nice.

Description of Work
Outside circuit not working

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

02/08/2019

Janice R.

The technition was so good at analyzing what problems were, Very know knowledgeable. explained everything very carefully. showed funny personality and so polite. on time.he installed the latest light in the flood lights that never go out

Description of Work
one breaker not working--fixed. replace flood light unit outside.

Work Completed On 02/07/2019

12/11/2018

Denise G.

Randolph was the electrician who came to our home. He called ahead to understand the issues and do some initial trouble-shooting by phone. Before he started, he explained the exact costs and allowed us to make decisions before any work was done. He resolved everything professionally and we are very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Install GFCI for septic tank and trouble-shoot issues with several outlets

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

07/10/2018

Judith L.

Dr. Electric SAVED ME MONEY!. He called before he came out and I described the situation. My outside circuits were not working and the circuit breaker was not tripped. He asked me if I had a GFI plug on that circuit and said there is a reset button on it which might be the problem. That was the case and VOILA the problem was fixed. Thank you Dr. Electric. I will definitely call you the next time I have electrical needs.

Description of Work
My outside circuits were not working and the circuit breaker was not tripped.

05/02/2018

Brad H.

Very well. Was helpful in fixing all issues that needed to be corrected.

Description of Work
Wiring issues inside the home

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

04/23/2018

Stephen T.

It was real good I am very pleased with the service of the work they was real good Paula Thrasher

Description of Work
Replace the fuse box to a breaker box

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

02/01/2018

Michael B.

Randolph was the electrician sent. He had already discussed the matter with the service dispatcher before coming to the house. Randolph was very customer oriented and well mannered. He clearly explained the problem, and the solution. He made certain that I understood what the issue was. The furnace should have been on it's own circuit breaker. He found another problem where the ground wire had not been correctly attached when the house had been re-wired by another contractor two years earlier. Most importantly Randolph was very efficient and his work flow was well structured. I was pleased and very satisfied to have the work correctly done. Randolph represented quite a good change from many of the other serviceman I have had.

Description of Work
Circuit breaker for furnace and dining room would periodically trip off. Needed to correct this.

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

01/24/2018

GLADYS F.

Thanks so much for such excellent service.

Description of Work
Plugins stopped working in two bedrooms and living room. Was able too figure out what was the problem which was a breaker and had been checked by another electrician and said it was fine. He replaced it with my equipment and my new plug-in. What a relief and simple fix for such a weird combination of problems. Thank you.!!!

09/15/2017

Elizabeth B.

Great... would highly recommend. Very professional and gave me estimates before he did the work. It took several hours to do the work.

Description of Work
Several light fixtures were hung. A switch was replaced.

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

07/31/2017

Olivia P.

It was unfortunate that it required more work than we expected but we're so thankful that we were able to solve the issues safely and efficiently.

Description of Work
An old wire was exposed and revealed some deeper electrical issues that needed to be solved.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

06/20/2017

Ken G.

Randolph was phenomenal!!! He was incredibly thorough, credible and knowledgeable. He was here at the same time as another company that was installing cable and Internet. He intervened when he heard the other technician give us incorrect and misleading information. He then advised the other tech how to accomplish what we wanted, in the manner we wanted. His intervention cost us extra, which he advised us, up front, but it was worth it! Had he not intervened we would have paid so much more later. He did a wonderful job on our recessed lights, placing them exactly where the boss (aka my wife) wanted them. She was tickled pink with his knowledge and expertise and commented that it was exactly what she wanted from her electrician. We could not be more pleased with this company and the person that represented them so well. Whenever we need any electrical work done, we will definitely call the Doctor - Dr. Electric.

Description of Work
Install 4 recessed lights in kitchen.

Category electrician, lighting

03/10/2017

Bisakha S.

Two trips were required because I did not have the right light bulbs (we did not realize till after unpacking that it needed special European bulbs). They recommended a place where I could buy them. Price wise they were quite reasonable about making the second trip. Also, very punctual and extremely professional and polite. They are not cheap but they provide quality service. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
I needed to hang a chandelier bought overseas.

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

02/16/2017

Joel R.

It went great. They explained everything and I never felt uncomfortable. The quality for work was very high. We will definitely be using them in the future.

Description of Work
Had all the electrical service replace from Alabama's Power line all the way through a new breaker box. Also had a few outlets installed and replace.

Work Completed On 02/13/2017

01/30/2017

Catherine S.

Very well. He was willing to take care of the dimmer switch even though it was not part of the original order.

Description of Work
Replaced a fluorescent light with one we purchased. Also, fixed a dimmer switch. The worker suggested we buy the light to save us money.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

12/12/2016

Debra P.

wonderful, Randall was great, dealt with old house challenges, very nice and professional.

Description of Work
outlet replacement replace pot light install light fixture junction fix in attic

Work Completed On 09/07/2016

11/23/2016

John T.

Perfectly. Responded promptly. Work was performed professionally and efficiently. A bolt was installed which required drilling through brick and securing from inside the attic. Very happy with the job and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Alabama Power required a secure attachment point for the service line coming to the house from the alley.

Work Completed On 11/11/2016

09/22/2016

Sam A.

He determined the cause and replaced the parts.

Description of Work
Two outside outlets had failed.

Work Completed On 09/02/2016

05/19/2016

Wendy C.

We sold a house back in December and we had him come out to do a electrical report on the home and we honestly we got different opinions from different company's and they were no just slightly different they were dramatically different. The guy was nice, he was pleasant I had to schedule afternoon appointment with him I have small children and it ran deep in the night I wasn't crazy about that it was 8:30 at night before he was done I have kids at to put to bed, to me that was awkward I wasn't expecting that. His report was good we did not take is advise he wanted up to basically he was quoting us six to ten thousand dollars worth of thing that was needed to be done to the property and we ended up getting a second opinion which we were told no didn't really needed to get all of that . We ended up spending probably about fifteen hundred to two thousand dollars maybe to get all the electrically parts. He was very thorough you could tell, he was almost two time because if we didn't have another company give us their thoughts on it we could have well spent a substantial amount of money that was not necessary.

Description of Work
I used Dr, Electric for electrical inspection.

05/03/2016

Scott F.

Timely, responsive, friendly, quality service.

Description of Work
Installed exterior flood lights and plugs. Installed new switches and timers. Fixed three-way switch.

Work Completed On 04/20/2016

04/19/2016

Ron Y.

Everything went well, he came on time, completed the work-looks good- would use again

Description of Work
Installed an outlet for a new garbage disposal and wired in a new dishwasher

Work Completed On 04/18/2016

10/20/2015

Kimberly P.

Did a very good job. Was very professional.

Description of Work
Repaired a Light Fixture and re wired a outdoor plug.

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

07/22/2015

Jill W.

Very easy to work with. The technician walked me through everything he was doing. Pricing was given to me up front - before any additional work was performed. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Diagnosed electrical problem.