Authentic Restoration

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2009

3510 Vann Rd Ste 102A

Birmingham, AL 35235

Award winning. Family owned & operated. We specialize in residential storm damage restoration, roof replacements and repairs. We provide complete turnkey insurance claims assistance from the initial FREE INSPECTION, meeting with your adjuster through completing the work with our high quality crew that is covered by liability and workman's compensation insurance. We also do cash jobs and provide cash estimates. We offer short and long term financing. Additional phone numbers (205) 616-1430, (205) 789-9733 and (317) 432-1971. *****Our primary business philosophy is “do what you say your going to do when you say you’re going to do it”.******...

03/13/2019

Lawrence H.

It has gone very smoothly, I worked with Alfred Pickett, (205) 837-1011, who quoted the job, scheduled the job with one of Authentic Restoration's roofing crews. It is Alfred who stood fast that our roof was damaged and likely that our insurance adjuster would approve coverage payments. This occurred on an incredible day when I coincidentally paid a home inspector to inspect a small area on my roof that another "sub" of mine had patched. Alfred was standing nearby and we didn't say a word that Alfred was a roofer. I asked the Home Inspector to check our roof while he was up there - and he came down and told me the roof was not damaged by hail! When the inspector left, Alfred showed me on his "Tablet" the picture he took of our roof and there were many pale charcoal-colored spots in the picture. This was the hail damage we suspected that occurred in April 2017. Our terrific Cincinnati Insurance Co. paid all of our $40,638 roofing/new gutters bill except a $2,500 deductible that we happily paid. Authentic Restoration performed a great job on our home's roof and (don't forget) gutters. I am so big on Restoration that we got my youngest Stepson's home re-roofed due to hail damage also, and happily this home was covered by Cincinnati Insurance also (hail damage). In addition, I've led, so far, two of my neighbors who own luxury homes with hail-damaged roofs to Alfred and they are getting new replacement roofs covered by insurance. Alfred has also made things easy in doing our two jobs and I am very fortunate that we crossed paths because he has saved my wife and I some serious money and made it easy!!

Description of Work
I had Authentic Restoration re-roof my 4,400 s.f. home

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/23/2019

mark D.

This went great I knew thar they were very close to my house. They called to see if they could come earlier. Fixed problem in 10-20 minutes.

Description of Work
Small leak in roof

01/05/2019

Vince C.

It went great. The whole process ran smoothly just exactly as Chris described it to me on our first visit. Chris was prepared during our first meeting with a proposal that was easy to understand. He explained the whole process so I knew exactly what to expect. He committed to us that he would be by each day of construction to check on the work being done at my home and he did exactly as he had promised. In fact I think he was there twice a day. They started the job on the day and at the time that was promised and they finished in the allotted time. When complete, they removed all the debris from around my house just as promised. You wouldn't even know they had been there if it weren't for the beautiful new roof.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

08/20/2018

Uday K.

Excellent. Professional work completed on time.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

12/27/2017

Kelli D.

Chris arrived on time and fixed the problem shingles on the spot. Will definitely call them again for any problems.

Description of Work
Had some shingles that we loose and falling.

10/30/2017

Dennis W.

The best roofing company I have ever had. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and minor repair

10/04/2017

Kathleen M.

It went very well. I would use him again.

Description of Work
He said there was a nail stuck in my roof. He removed the nail and patched my roof.

09/19/2017

Eartha H.

Did a excellent job. Very professional. We will recommend them again.

Description of Work
Replace roofing Shingle. That caused leaks in the ceiling.

09/03/2017

Todd L.

We only had to wait a couple of weeks after the claim was finalized and the crew showed up promptly when we expected them. Chris communicated regularly through every step of the process. The team worked around the clock and the work was completed in 3 days. The clean up was well performed. I only found a handful of rogue nails around the yard, which was to be expected. The roof looks great and I noticed no loose shingles after a heavy storm came through a couple of days later. I had initially planned to add venting or a turbine to the cost, but Chris was able to save me money by telling me the box vents in the attic were sufficient for ventilation. I appreciate the honesty and it saved us $300 that would not have been covered by insurance. The only hiccup occurred when the roofing crew threw a tarp on my A/C unit, which caused it to overheat and created some internal damage to the unit. However, Chris responded immediately and an AC repairman came out within the hour. The cost was covered by Authentic promptly with no delay. I really appreciate the professionalism of Chris and Mark in getting that handled timely. I'm confident that they will provide the necessary training to their teams going forward so therefore I did not penalize them in my review for this incident.

Description of Work
I had missing shingles on my roof and wanted someone to look it over for damage. Authentic Restoration was recommended by a friend so I contacted them through Angie's List. Chris came within a week and we determined that I had enough wind and hail damage to file with my insurance. Chris and Mark helped facilitate the insurance claim and we were able to get a full replacement on the roof.

08/18/2017

Steven C.

Perfect! Best experience I've had with a contractor this year. Nathan was a pleasure to deal with!

Description of Work
Roof inspection for storm damage, replace missing shingles, and roof tune up.

08/10/2017

Joel S.

I asked friends if they could recommend a roofing company that would do a relatively small job like this, and do so in a timely manner. I got no recommendations. I decided to try Angie's list for the first time. There I found Authentic Restoration, which was highly rated. I called and in fairly short order, Scott Bullard (Field Operation Manager) came out and determined my problem. He explained that the rubber boots that seal around the pipes have a life expectancy of 8 years or so. He showed me a product that was made to fit over the original boot that would stop my leak. Since the roof was 13 years old and I had about a dozen other vent pipes, I asked him to address all of them. The price for all was much less than I originally expected to pay to fix the single leak. The best part was that Scott gave me a date and time that he would do the work. He was right on time. Also, after the first rain, he called to make sure the repair was successful. It was.

Description of Work
I had a leak where a vent pipe protruded through my 13 year old roof. The roofline is very steep - too steep for me to try to repair on my own.

08/01/2017

Paula P G.

My experience with Nathan was excellent.

Description of Work
Nathan replaced two (2) missing shingles, retacked several sliding shingles, capped exterior exhaust outlets, performed roof maintenance inspection, and advised on next steps for the roof. Nathan was extremely professional and knowledgeable about my roof and gave excellent information about the current condition of the roof. I value Nathan's expert advice and the quality of the work that he performed.

07/28/2017

Ben L.

I am very happy with the service provided by Authentic Restoration. This was a very great value to me as I am an out of state landlord. I felt like they cared and did everything to help extend the extend the timeline of the roof before needing more extensive repair. Nathan was my contact and serviceman. He provided me with pictures of the work done and went the extra mile and even trimmed tree limbs sitting on the roof. I whole hardheartedly recommend you consider therm for any roofing needs.

Description of Work
$100 for a Roof Tune-Up and $100 Repair Credit

07/06/2017

James S.

Excellent - Can not imagine it could have gone better. Scott Bullard was on top of everything. They did what they said they would do and when they said they would and at the price quoted. Highly recommend!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced hail damaged roof.

06/16/2017

Laura J.

Chris was so helpful getting this leak fixed. It was a minor repair that just required some caulking and I was set. He worked through some scheduling and weather conflicts and fit me into his busy schedule on a Friday afternoon. I've used this company before and will definitely be using them in the future!

Description of Work
Leak in roof

06/14/2017

Lucy M.

Nathan was great. He took care of everything. Very pleased with the work

Description of Work
New roof after hail and wind damage.

05/14/2017

Elaine W.

The tech was very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and minor repairs

04/12/2017

Dow H.

We were very pleased with the service and professionalism.

Description of Work
A roof technician came out to our house to inspect some roof sag. He was extremely honest and recommended we do nothing for now unless we start seeing water leaks. They didn't charge a thing.

03/23/2017

Lynette M.

It went well. Chris Baldus is a great person to work with.

Description of Work
I needed to replace my roof

03/17/2017

James T.

I would use them again. I was very pleased. I didn't get any other quotes. To complete the work it only took a day. They came out quickly when I called originally to have them take a look at it. The work was completed quickly and clean up was good. There was no mess left.

Description of Work
They evaluated my roof and found leaks where the pipe vents come out of the roof. I signed the contract for them to repair that.

01/20/2017

Mark E.

I was very impressed with Authentic Restoration. As someone who was once a roofer, I was very cautious about having someone come out and cut a hole in my roof. The crew that was sent out was on time and very professional. The completed the work quickly and efficiently and left virtually nothing behind that would indicate repairs had been made. I had but a single thing that I asked Scott to check for me after the work was completed and again I was very satisfied in both his response to my request and to his followup actions. I even received a call from Scott after the next big rainstorm to make sure that allows good... and it was. Thank you Scott for not only providing exceptional service but for standing behind your work and your word. I will gladly recommend you to anyone else and will not hesitate to contact Authentic Restoration in the future as the need arises.

Description of Work
I had a roof leak and water damage to the roof sheathing as a result of the leak.

11/15/2016

Philip K.

Very well. Alfred Pickett was the sales representative that handled my replacement and was a pleasure to work with. Would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
roof replacement

11/03/2016

Keith P.

Worked with Alfred Pickett at Authentic Restoration, he was very professional, always responsive, and very thorough, a pleasure to work with. Would recommend him and his services. Thanks for all your help.

Description of Work
New roof installed

10/26/2016

lewis J.

They did a good jog so far. No leaks.

Description of Work
They did a patch up on my roof.

Category woodworking

10/25/2016

Tim W.

It went well except for one item: In my contract, I'd added a requirement to protect my newly installed windows from being damaged. The work crew failed to provide window protection and four of my windows were scratched when the old roofing material was removed. However, Authentic Restoration immediately took all responsibility and had all four windows replaced at their own expense with no hassle. This was very refreshing when many vendors would have tried to find a way to avoid the expense of replacing the windows. Kudos to Authentic Restoration!

Description of Work
Replacement of existing home roof.