A Wise Move

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2011

Delivery Service

Additional fax - (205) 699-3383. Additional email - davechap4130@yahoo.com. Additional DBA - Birmingham Movers....

Movers Plus

At Movers Plus, no residential or commercial move is “just another move” to us. Each relocation comes with its own set of challenges, and each of our customers has specific needs when it comes to the safe transport of their belongings. We pride ourselves on taking whatever extra steps are necessary to make sure your special items arrive at your new place in the same condition as when they left. Please give us a call at 205-936-2636 for a free estimate.

Packmasters Moving And Storage

We specialize in local and long-distance moving services, along with storage services! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Changing Spaces Moving Inc

Changing Spaces Moving, Inc. is a residential and commercial, local and L-O-N-G distance moving company serving Birmingham, Huntsville, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores Alabama. We are a family owned and operated mover, not a franchise, that provides local and long distance moving with personal attention to detail. Our people are prompt dedicated professionals who are ready and willing to assist you in every phase of your moving process. Let us help you reduce the stress related to moving your belongings, leaving you with the peace of mind to concentrate on the other aspects of you relocation. Headquarters for Changing Spaces Moving, Inc. is in Birmingham, Alabama, with locations in Huntsville and our newest location, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores, Alabama.

11/23/2019

Well. Quick and efficient and careful.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from one location to another.

06/13/2018

They were prompt and professional. Moved everything we needed in timely manner. Very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Move a family member to another location.

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed], These positive reviews mean so much. Makes what we do worth it even more. Call anytime, we’ll be ready. Dave

09/06/2016

These guys were the best! I called David on A Thursday for a move on a Saturday and he did not hesitate to provide an estimate and since I'm a Veteran, provided me with a discount. The guys arrived on time, evaluated the layout of the facility, prepared a plan and executed the move. Three guys handled the move in approximately 8 hours, which included travel to and from their shop. The gentlemen we...

Description of Work
A local move. Storage facility to a home.

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for the kind review. We're only as good as our last move. Customers like yourself only make our job easier.

08/01/2016

The movers were on time and very professional. It took no time at all to complete the service and they were careful with handling my table. Surprisingly the price that was quoted over the phone was reduced after seeing the table. I was prepared to pay the quoted price and was quite impressed with the movers honesty. I would hire this company again.

Description of Work
I had an extremely heavy glass dining table move from my basement to upstairs living area.

02/05/2016

I contacted the company, got a quick call back, and excellent communication from that point on through either telephone or text. They promptly sent someone out to provide an estimate, which I thought more than fair. We had a mix-up about scheduling which resulted in them not showing up at the appointed time. It was just a mistake on their part. When I got in touch with them, the owner was mortifie...

Description of Work
Moved a very heavy piece of furniture from basement to upstairs bedroom.

12/29/2014

They completed pick up and delivery in Christmas traffic in an hour. All was perfect. Dave's prices are very fair.

Description of Work
Picked up a heavy piece of furniture from the dealer , delivered it to my son's house and uncrated and set it up . All within an hour.

Category moving company","courier

10/17/2013

These people are awesome. I called and explained that I needed to get the furniture moved off my hardwoods so they could be refinished and that I would need them to return to put the furniture back when the floors were done. They did both. John and his co-workers did an excellent job moving the furniture. They took the utmost care with every piece and had a strategy of how they would handle each piece before moving it. These guys are great! Very professional and very nice. John even killed a huge spider for me and is now my hero!! I would definitely use this company again. Dave is great to work with and obviously hires competent staff. Thanks, guys, for making this project a whole lot easier.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from inside the house to other areas of the house so I could get hardwoods refinished. Came back and moved the furniture back into the house after the floors were done.

08/24/2013

Dave and his crew of gargantuan movers showed up Mon am 'as promised" and moved all the big stuff "as promised" - including a baby grand piano , a glass top dining table (700 lbs ) , and numerous other dressers, tables, credenzas , beds . All this into a 4 story townhouse and some did go all the way to the top. Straight thru from 8-5 and never slowed down or complained - these guys are great. we must have 20 antique mirrors and not one piece was damaged or broken.Friendly and reliable service.

Description of Work
we moved from our house to a townhouse

04/24/2013

Dave called me the morning of the move to let me know that the movers were on the way. The two movers arrived promptly and started right to work. They worked hard and wasted no time. They placed everything exactly where we wanted it and were very nice about moving something if it didn't look good where we planned. Everything was moved without damage with the exception of my mother's sofa. The back leg was broken in the move, but I was assured that they would send someone promptly to repair it. The bill was $515, which seemed about right for the time of the move, which took 4.75 hours. After the movers left, I closely reviewed the invoice and found that I was charged a 14% "additional transportation charge" for fuel. This totaled $63. Dave did not mention a fuel surcharge during any of the three conversations that I had with him prior to the move. I sent two emails asking about the charge and he did not respond to my question. He did charge only $95 per hour rather than the $100 quoted. I called several times to find out when someone was coming to repair the broken sofa leg. After the calls and two emails, they finally came on April 1- 11 days after the move. Bottom line - you must ask all of the questions to gather information (including whether there is a fuel charge), otherwise, Dave will give you only the very basic information. You may find unexpected additional charges if you don't ask the right questions. The communication could be better. Overall, with the exception of the unexpected fuel charge and the broken sofa leg, the move went well.

Description of Work
I spoke with David to get an estimate for moving my mother from her home in Center Point to an independent living apartment in Vestavia. He quoted $100 per hour for 2 men, the truck and padding. He estimated that the move would take 3.5 hours including travel time from his office and back. After calls to several other moving companies, I called David back to ask more questions concerning a senior discount, insurance, bonding, moving a grandfather clock (no additional charge), credit cards (yes, with no upcharge), checks (yes) - a number of things that he did not tell me about in our first conservation, but other movers had told me. Dave answered my questions to my satisfaction and I booked the move.

02/25/2013

They arrived on time and were very careful not to track anything in on the light colored carpet.

Description of Work
The service was excellent. The furniture with drawers was wrapped to prevent the drawers from opening during the move. The movers placed the furniture exactly where we wanted it to be placed. They even rearranged one room a couple of times. They were all very polite and professional. There was a lot of furniture to move. The furniture was moved from 2 houses into one house.

Category moving company

Residential and commercial storage, moving & delivery.

NA