AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists

4.4

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2006

130 Interstate Commerce Crt. Bldg. 100

Alabaster, AL 35007

AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialist, founded in 2000, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and Mississippi. AFS is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure. ...

4.4

4.1

Resposiveness

basement waterproofing (68)foundation repair (62)well & water pump repair (9)drain pipe installation (4)concrete repair (4)structural engineering (3)mold removal (2)concrete driveways (2)tile installation (1)

04/18/2020

Very professional from consult to completed job. All our concerns were addressed in a timely manner.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sump pump dabs drain system

CATEGORY concrete repair,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2020

11/22/2019

They were good, easy to deal with and they answered all our questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2019

Great to hear from you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for the review.

10/16/2019

Great . Very satisfied with outcome. Very conscientious company

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation repair under slab caused by water leak

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], That is such a good word, conscientious. Thank you for saying so. And thank you for the review.

01/03/2018

Jim Lynch came out and looked at my house, said he'd get back to me with an estimate, and never contacted me again. I reached out to him twice with no response.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My driveway had sunken and there were cracks in the basement.

CATEGORY concrete driveways,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/28/2017

Thank you for reaching out and informing us of this concern. Your statements have been immediately forwarded to Mr. Lynch's supervisor. We take customer service very important and will have someone contact you as soon as possible.

11/26/2017

AFS reps responded promptly to our call, came out, spend a lot of time inspecting, explaining and creating an estimate for several things that they said needed to be done. Among their recommendations was digging down 14 feet to install helical piers. We had some significant sticker shock from the whole package of estimates. They offered a discount if we acted quickly. They called later and offered...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have a number of issues related to the settling of the house, some poor drainage, cracking of the back basement wall, etc.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/26/2017

10/12/2017

AFS did exactly what was needed for my structural repair needs. Their representatives and workers were very professional and courteous through the whole deal. Their work is guaranteed for life and transfers in the event of selling this home. I highly recommend AFS for your structural repair needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Structural repair and broken slab leveling

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2017

Thank you for your feedback; we're glad to hear about your satisfaction! We encourage you to join our referral program. For every customer you refer, upon completion of their job you will receive $50. Visit www.afsrepair.com/refer to learn more. Thanks again for choosing AFS!

07/25/2017

I chose not to use them because of price. The other contractor that I used, I had a personal friend make the recommendation, that I gave greater weight to, and that is why I chose the other one.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave me a quote and I didn't use them.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2017

We appreciate the great rating!

06/26/2017

Got quotes for 3 options. AFS gives a price guarantee for work performed. I elected to wait to get the work done. I was very impressed with the inspector.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moisture in crawl space.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/17/2017

Thanks for the great rating, it has been a pleasure to work with you! Please let us know if you decide to have the work done.

05/24/2017

I did work with them, but as I remember I had three companies I was working with, I did not select that company. Their representative was very knowledgeable, and they would have been my second choice, but I went with a company here that is a local company. The other company had what I call a satellite company here. They were very professional, and I just thought I would get better service from the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave me an estimate on doing some waterproofing for water I had coming into the crawl space of the house, and they were going to put in a drainage system and maybe a sump pump, but I did not use the company.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,wells

We appreciate your honest feedback and rating. Thanks for taking the time give us your review on our sales representative and process. Should you need any additional work in the future, please consider AFS again. Thanks!

03/05/2017

The salesman was punctual and polite. Aside from one comment (discussed below), he was not personally objectionable in any way. He went over his proposals during his sales pitch, while showing us videos of the company's products and describing the urgency and necessity of each product. Then he said if we sign a contract and make a down payment "right now" he can give us 10% off, but the discount w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Minor cracking in drywall on the 1st and 2nd floors of our home lead us to investigate whether we had foundation issues in our crawlspace. We called AFS for a free estimate (as advertised) and they sent a salesman who spent several hours looking under and around the house. His assessment was that we needed a drainage system, two sump pumps, several structural supports, full crawlspace encasement, a dehumidifier, and foam jacking for part of the slab in our garage.

CATEGORY concrete repair,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/28/2017

Thanks for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you, as well as any miscommunication from our salesman that has led to your distrust in our business. Our Inspectors are highly trained and qualified; we are discouraged to hear of your negative experience. Above all else, providing excellent customer service...

Foundation repair, basement and crawl space waterproofing, sump pump installation, crawl space moisture control solutions, and mold/mildew removal in crawl space.

AFS does not offer concrete installation, Egress windows installations, basement finishing, or masonry work.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available