ADAMS CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2010

651 E CREEKSIDE DR

Wasilla, AK 99654

Doing business in Anchorage and the Mat-Su area for over 20 years. Licensed/Bonded/Insured As a general contractor, with residential endorsement. Accept cash, check, or credit card.

11/08/2017

Linda B.

Awesome outstanding work. A joy to work with. They will be doing any contract work we have to have done. We are going to have them do wood floors and remodel bathroom.

Description of Work
Replace front deck

Category decks, home remodeling

09/19/2016

Jean B.

Unbelievable! James was very prompt in returning my call for assistance. We just purchased a new home and were remodeling. My husband was having surgery. James was very thorough and patient in explaining the best way everything should proceed. Fred, the electrician, was equally helpful, efficient, and patient. The job got done smoothly ahead of schedule! These guys are SUPURB!

Description of Work
Wire six outlets; move existing light fixtures; track down why two existing outlets were not working; install new light fixture; install new ceiling fan. Rework configuration of Jennair gas cooktop downdraft electric/gas hookups.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

07/23/2016

Ted W.

Excellent work. James Adams really worked hard and independently. He came with numerous ideas that ultimately saved me money. He was flexible and reasonable in design modifications and performed work on time. I recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Interior remodel, bathrooms (including tie work). Flooring, some carpentry and drywall.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

01/23/2016

Brian R.

I don't even know where to start with this experience. I have never hired a contractor before and was put at ease immediately after meeting James. He is so knowledgeable about all aspects of remodeling, very polite, professional and easy to talk to. He will explain everything that is needed to get the job done and gives excellent advice on costs, type of material to use, pros and cons of said material such as long term wear and tear or cleaning requirements. We had James remodel our only bathroom and had to demolish it to the studs and rip everything out but still had it cleaned up and the toilet installed when we got home after work to avoid as much inconvenience as possible. He had a big job of ripping the whole bathroom out and re sheet rocked it because of water damage, replaced the tub with a Jacuzzi tub, new vanity, all new fixtures, walls were all retextured and painted, new ceramic tile in the shower with niches built in for shampoo, new ceramic tile floor and new quiet ceiling fan. We plan on doing some work in the kitchen later this year and will definitely be calling James for that.

Description of Work
Remodeled our bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

01/13/2016

Carolyn P.

Beautiful job! Very nice, even did a few extra things that weren't necessary. Very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
He remodeled our kitchen. Kind of hard to get because he was so busy, but once he came out we had his full attention. Would definitely recommend and plan on using again in the near future.

Category home remodeling

10/19/2015

Nancy J.

Professional, expert, neat and tidy, good communication, demonstrated care for client's property, prompt, completed job timely.

Description of Work
Multiple exterior repairs

08/31/2015

Deana D.

James was speedy and efficient. Cleaned after himself:). I am a custom type of customer...I'm learning he has a skill for this:)

Description of Work
He did a great job laying tile and pinning my cabinets!

Category ceramic tile, roofing

06/08/2015

Alan W.

There aren't enough words to describe the quality work, professionalism, attention to detail that James provided for us. We stumbled onto James accidentally through a personal Craigslist purchase and he was upfront during our conversation as we had been looking for someone to conduct some projects around the house. With the purchase of a new house, we needed a fenced yard for our dog and he was very quick to get back with me with a quote and installed the whole fence in 2 days to include the cemented post fittings. He is very particular on the quality of his work and provides nothing less than what you want or expect. The next project we called him for was to install some shelves in the garage area. We have a very high ceiling in the garage and I asked him if he could build some shelves all the way around the top third of the walls to the ceiling. It turned out even better than expected and James seems to accept every challenge giving to him. The next project I asked him for me to conduct was to build me a storage shed outside approximately 10' x 16'. He was very in tune with what I wanted and he even ensure it matched the siding of the house and current paint scheme. He even build it on self-leveling concrete post for adjustment for ground settle if needed. This turned out to be a great piece of work and compliments our house as well. Our most recent project for him was to install back splash in our kitchen and upgrade our fireplace with a new custom made log mantle and brick tile the entire height of the ceiling. This has been the best improvement to our house and certainly made it pop as you walk into our house. James has a lot of tricks in his bag to tackle any challenge thrown at him and his work amazes me from start to finish. We actually started treating him like family as we trusted him with our house key lock box combo. As I read in someone else's review, I had to chase him down several times to pay him myself. James will perform and provide exactly what you want first rather than find things to run up your tab. In fact, he has made several suggestion over the tenure for ways to save or discuss cheaper options. I would and DO highly recommend James for any projects needed around your house. I wish I could only post some photos of all of his work and you would be very impressed. And not to mention the many things he did for us like hanging wildlife mounts and outside decor without charging me. It's kind of hard to put a price because he's done other odds and ends. He's hung a moose head on a wall, one of my outdoor things was crooked, so he just climbed up and rehung it so it was level without even asking. I won't use anybody else. He's a licensed contractor and he's getting ready to get his electrical license as well. On to find my next project...finishing the basement!

Description of Work
Built Yard fence, Storage shelves in Garage, Built a shed, Installed back splash in Kitchen and renovated our fireplace with new brick tile and installed a custom made Log Mantle.

Category ceramic tile, fencing, handyman service, fireplaces, garage builders, woodworking, home remodeling

04/28/2015

Linda B.

The job went very well. James works very independently, so I could tell him the general idea of what I wanted, and tile choices, and he did the rest. I was surprised by how quickly it all went- it was all completed and ready in a couple of weeks. The work site was cleaned up, no scraps or waste left behind other than extra tiles and paint that was stacked and left for my use in the future. All receipts were included with the invoice, so I could track purchases or follow up on warranties, etc. I really appreciated that he worked so independently - I had no desire to run all over pricing everything out or agonizing over each decision. However, when I wanted to make the final selection (mainly, the tiles for each area), James met me at Lowes and went through all the options and I got exactly what I wanted with minimal fuss. The result is really nice - it's a clean, attractive area I can use to host family, or as a rental. James also did a few incidental "fix-its", such as tightening up the kitchen faucet (it probably drove him nuts that it was loose and leaked a bit...). I'm happy to recommend James, and plan on hiring him again for future work. He's honest, works fast, and provides good results.

Description of Work
James created a "mother-in-law" apartment by adding a tiny kitchen - cabinets, two-burner stove top, microwave and sink, along with tile floor in a large bedroom to create an efficiency unit. He upgraded the attached bathroom with tile floor and shower, new vanity and sink, mirror, wall cabinet lighting and fixtures. He also tiled the artic entry leading to the unit, and entry into the main house. A quick coat of paint was done on the unit, bath, and hallway.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

12/17/2014

John C.

He recommended the minimal amount of work necessary. Very honest!!!! Work was done quickly and at a good price. I'll be calling him back for the next project.Strange, but I actually had to track him down to finally pay him.

Description of Work
Inspected and patched roof.

07/14/2014

F M K.

Description of Work
James Adams & his crew did an excellent job installing a new shingles on my house. Knowledgeable, fast, reliable, honest. I'm glad that I chose him & his company.

Plumbing & Heating Doctor

We are a family owned business with locations in Palmer & Wasilla AK. We service all of the Mat-Su Valley. From repairing your Heating System / Water Heater or replacing them with new equipment, we can solve your problem. We specialize in High Efficiency Units. We also sell and install water treatment systems. Available 24/7 year around, for your plumbing and heating emergencies.

2022 Super Service Award

Bull Moose Drywall

We specialize in drywall and sheet rock installs, repairs, finishing, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

PACIFIC ELECTRIC LLC

Electrical Contractor -Electrical panel upgrades -Back up generator installs -Electric car charger install -Lighting upgrades -Remodel -Electrical trouble shooting

2022 Super Service Award

Adams Construction offers a wide variety of residential construction, from new construction to remodels, framing, siding, fencing, decks and porches, then in the winter months kitchens remodels, bathrooms remodels, drywall repair, painting, flooring and tile work, ect.