A C Electrical

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2010

433 N Lane St

Anchorage, AK 99508

Fast, friendly honest electrical work! No spiffy words, advertisement gimmicks, just results.

04/17/2019

kim D.

Contacted AC Electrical (Samir) for minor wiring issue and GFCI installs. He responded within 2 hours with the parts in hand and was very professional in all aspects. Saved us a few $$ by only replacing the outlets that required it. Extremely knowledgeable and reasonable rates.

Description of Work
Rewire range connection and install several GFCI outlets

01/11/2018

Mark G.

Samir of A C Electrical was responsive and punctual. He didn't complain that the work needed to be done on a weekend. He is amazingly facile and efficient and explains the work to the homeowner clearly and offers options to you as he goes. He is REALLY GOOD, humble, tidy, and professional. He removed the old damaged wiring through the overcrowded back box; pulled new wire into the back box from the hole high in the wall; installed a junction box in the wall for the replaced connection; and reorganized the three-switch back box, including replacing several connections inside that were questionable. I will recommend A C Electical and Samir to any friend and I will call him again when I need electrical help.

Description of Work
While installing a curtain rod, homeowner grazed an electric wire in the wall. Quick fix performed by a handyman needed to be replaced with a code-compliant permanent fix.

10/21/2015

Keri S.

07/20/2015

Amanda I.

04/02/2015

Inger M.

Description of Work
Moved switch.

03/19/2015

Cade S.

Description of Work
He is very professional and I highly recommend this Vendor.

02/07/2015

Mike S.

Samir checked out the existing system then suggested a few options to consider prior to doing the work. We settled on using conduit and mount outlets to the wall. Garage, who cares. He worked quickly and efficiently and accomplished the work within the time he estimated it would take to do the work. I would use him again, In fact, I will have him back to to rewire my overhead light fixtures in the garage.

Description of Work
Samir upgrade a sub panel that would accommodate new circuits to the garage (2) 110V and (1) 210V circuits for some shop tools. In addition he added a new ballast to one of the overhead light fixtures to accommodate LED bulbs

01/11/2015

Denise A.

Excellent. Samir was a consummate professional who took the time to explain to me what was wrong, went the extra mile to look for problems without trying to find or recommend unneeded work. He didn't accept credit cards but that was fine. Totally recommend him and will absolutely use him for all future needs. Erik

Description of Work
Troubleshooting for lighting in my basement and in my bathroom. He replaced faulty light switches, corrected wiring issues on nearby switches and light fixtures.

08/26/2014

Nathaniel A.

Flawlessly. Samir was extremely responsive, prompt and efficient and the cost was more than reasonable. We couldn't be happier. Thank you Samir

Description of Work
Removed a pendant light fixture in a very high and difficult stairwell and installed a ceiling can in its place and replaced another ceiling fixture in an easy access location.

08/02/2014

Kerry D.

Samir was on time and did a great job. He even came in under his original estimate!

Description of Work
Installed whole house generator transfer switch.

11/10/2013

Lucienne H.

The man was punctual and did the work requested. What I am very unhappy about is the peculiar way he charged me. He gave me an estimate for 2 hours of work plus materials, for a total of $240. When he came and did the work, which only took him not quite an hour, he still charged me for 2 hours plus an additional $55 for materials. When I asked him why he was charging me for two hours when it took him less than one, he said it was because I agreed to the estimate. He said if it had taken more than two hours he wouldn't have increased his hourly charge. Of course, I had agreed to the estimate but I didn't feel it committed me to paying him for two hours when he only needed one. I wouldn't use this service again because of that. I had to scrape together an extra $55. Also, I didn't like that he wanted cash or check, no credit cards.

08/20/2013

David H.

He came the same day we called and looked at the job. Since there was other work that needed to be done first, he said to call him the next day when that work was done and he would come back and do the electrical work. I called him about 4pm and he came right over and did it. He also made suggestions to solve other electrical problems that we have and I intend to have him back to work on these larger projects.

Description of Work
He changed a circuit breaker and then changed an outlet from 220 to 110.

05/18/2013

Margaret H.

Oops. I didn't realize you were asking this (didn't read ahead) so most of the information is incluced above. He came out a couple of days before the 12th so we could go through the house to find out all I needed to have done and give me an estimate. I would call him again for future projects and would happily and confidently refer him to friends.. I would share the information with neighbors but don't want my address running around in space.

Description of Work
An outlet which had been incorrectly wired originally was corrected and a new receptical installed. . Replaced 3, 4 foot florescent iight fixtures as the old ones were irreparable and were not in working condition. Correctly installed 2 motion detector lights. Lights had previously been installed on the wall surfacel instead of the boxes within the walls. And correctly moved and rewired an outside outlet using the correct outlet (for outdoors) and installed a required cover for outside recepticals The gentleman was very professional, explained what needed to be done and why (on the items I had listed as problems). He was very efficient just going from project to project. He did the work within the time frame he had estimated, charged for 2 items he had used out of his inventory which had been included in the estimated (materials as needed). He had given me a shopping list of items he needed which I purchased. This of course save billable time for me to do it instead of him.

05/09/2013

Aurora C.

We ended up needing to complete a very large remodel project on a new house we purchased. We chose Samir because the price was competitive and he took the time to explain the process to us. He worked long hours, even on weekends to complete the project on budget. He even went to the municipality to assist us in getting clarity on a solution for our older multi family home's wiring to verify we would meet the code. He was prompt, punctual, and overall a great person to work with. We are so glad we met him and have recommended him to friends and family. Thank you Samir.

Description of Work
Adding, meters, additional panels for multiplex, wiring new electrical in unit, rewiring older electrical in home.

12/27/2012

june C.

Went well, we had problems with the snow and ice. It was very had to get to the job site. Very little complaints to use about the extra effort they had to put out.

Description of Work
Ran new wire, outlets, helped pick out the correct items for our new garage. VERY helpful. Would use them again!

12/26/2012

Laura W.

Got him out of the phone book and he was very responsive. Always showed up on time and got the job done quickly and efficiently. I had some special requirements which he took care of with no problem and even advised better ways of doing things when he saw them. I will use this company again in a heartbeat (actually looking toward to the next energy audit home projects and already know who my electrician will be, if he'll have me).

Description of Work
I did a bedroom / bathroom remodel which involved moving walls, expanding both rooms and converting a second bedroom into a large, walk in closet.. Because of this all new electrical had to be done. He made sure it was to code and upgraded my existing 1954 wiring. He also wired lights to an outdoor shed for me. When the shed light quit working a few months later, I called him figuring to pay him to redo it -- he showed up, discovered the problem, quickly fixed it and didn't charge me. He stands behind his work!

12/17/2012

Philippe D.

Very friendly, competent. personable man. He answered the phone, took the job even when others were putting it off till after the week-end, and came at the time he said he would come. The work was performed in an expert manner, leaving absolutely no mess behind, and the result was exactly what I was hoping for. The price quoted was the price charged, and while it was not discounted, was set at a competitive rate. The only sticky point is that this professional wanted to be paid right away, and I was not expecting this. The only person at home was my elderly mother who did not have the ability to pay him on the spot. However, after a brief, pleasant discussion, he graciously agreed to bill me instead. I have just scheduled his check in billpay through my online bank. Considering how many places I had to call, how many quoted me more than he did, how many did not take my call or went to voicemail, or talked to me but did not offer to come right away or even soon, I would say this electrician demonstrated well above average professionalism and work ethic. He will be my first and only call from now on.

Description of Work
Replaced a 3-pronged wall outlet in order to plug in a new electric stove with a 4-prong plug. Provided valuable information about my new apartment which my building manager had not provided.

09/19/2012

Chris K.

There is nothing bad i can say about samir, he is AWSOME! Very honest, Nice, and the cheapest electrician i found( saved me over 1000.00) and quality did not suffer in the slightest. Not to mention he did all the work on a saturday. He is an absolute professional in his field and i finally found my new electrician for all me electrical needs. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using his services.

Description of Work
Samir replaced my entire service inside and outside including breaker box.

07/19/2012

Darla M.

Very well, prompt courteous service.

Description of Work
Replaced breaker switch

06/28/2012

R & J B.

Trouble shot everything and fixed the problem! Very thorough

Description of Work
Garage went out, 1/2 side of house and bathroom upstairs and hallway. These guys were super professional and friendly and very good at what they did! Thank you very much guys!!!!!!

03/26/2012

Kirsten B.

Called and they came over that day, took about an hour start to finish.

Description of Work
Circuit breaker needed replacing and he put in a new light fixture for us.

01/23/2012

rhonda G.

The serviceman arrived on time, and professional. He diagnosed the electrial issue quickly, reparied the main home circuit breaker. After the repair the electrician showed me the old circuit breaker, and discovered that it was burnt on one half. Now I feel confident there will not be a fire from the old breaker.

Description of Work
Main home outsied circuit breaker keep tripping, and losing all power to my home.

12/29/2011

Wendy G.

Overall my husband and I agree that the entire electrical aspect of the project could not have gone better -- ever these guys are fantastic, and we're pretty discriminating. We had over 5 quotes on our electrical. After our initial choice backed out on Christmas Eve we called Samir at AC Electrical at 9am for a quote on Christmas Eve. AC Electrical met us at the house 1 hour later. We already had 4 other bids but were not completely happy so called AC Electrical for one more additional bid. AC Electrical not only gave us the best bid, but was able to start the day after Christmas at 9am. A complete house rewire (think to the studs), meter upgrade (moving it across the house and yard) and panel upgrade (repositioning and adding an additional panel) was completed in 2 days. ALL workers involved with this company were exceptional. Great communication, education, polite, professional and a real sincere pleasure to be around. We worked side by side with these folks for two days. 18 hours total with them full time while we were working on other projects around our remodel. This is the best experience both my husband and I have ever had with contractors. Between the two of us this is our third house in addition to my being a caretaker for several years (for 14 apartments). Not only did all involved work very diligently but for lunch AC Electrical purchased a meal which was a real pleasure to share with this group. Both my husband and I are more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our experience. I can be reached at wendygingell@hotmail.com. These folks are the best we've found in Anchorage. Exceptional quality, they deliver what they say they are going to do, are very friendly, and most important very smart.

Description of Work
Samir and Nick gave us an estimate for a complete electrical rewire of our home built in 1959, completely redid our electrical box and also did a complete upgrade of our meter box.

09/24/2011

ozzie S.

it went great called them up the came and they asked for our address they called a tow company to come out and get our car then they fixed it we went and got it payed for it was good from then on

Description of Work
change an alternator on a dodge grand caravan

04/16/2011

Laura W.

The job went very well. Contractor not only wired all rooms within code but he also replaced the old electrical in my 1954 home. I also added hooking up an outdoor shed to the job. He accomplished all work and added ideas that made the project better. I appreciated the contractor's responsiveness to my needs and a few changes I needed.

Description of Work
Remodeling and revamping a bathroom, bedroom and closet (walls and doors moved and rebuilt).