When it's time to sell a house, there are definitely mistakes sellers should avoid. Check out these 5 mistakes that are sure to keep your home from selling.
Get matched with top home stagers in Saint Louis, MO
There are 10 highly-rated local home stagers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Staging Reviews in Saint Louis
- Design Solutions by Mimi, LLCwonderful however, she stopped abruptly. her friend said they thought i was looking for someone cheaper but i was not! Cheaper doesn't mean better. my mom has dementia and my health is not good since i lost my job. I had her 12 times and the difference in the lower level was amazing but broken hearted she stopped. the dementia foundation was offering inexpensive help while i was in the hospital and i returned their calls . Idid not want to be unappreciative to the Alzheimer association they have been very kind to my mom. I also had mimi and sue do paperwork and they found $181 in old checks.. Their time frame is 9-12 or 1-4 . KIND,CONSIDERATE,EFFICIEN
- Handyman Construction & RehabVery professional and personable. On time; fair pricing; quality work; cleanup afterwards. Will employ again and have already recommended him to my neighbor and friends. He knows his trade.
- Position Home Staging LLCClay was always prompt and worked on the weekend and the evening to squeeze me into his schedule. Has great taste, house looked fantastic. The price was was high but I needed a lot of furniture and the price was for 4 months. I didn't need the entire four months, house sold quickly.
- Design Solutions by Mimi, LLCWhile initially we only used Mimi "from time to time," after we brought out things out of storage out of state, we really needed to downsize and organize what we wanted to keep, what needed to go. By ourselves, the job always seemed too overwhelming. We just never made enough progress and it got us down. Enter Mimi, with her gentle, focused and friendly approach, and we were able to do massive amounts of downsizing--and feel good doing it! She just seems to know what to do and what to say as you process through even the toughest decisions. After each session, she would even do the drop-offs for us, freeing us of yet another extra task. When we decided to move to quaint but smaller and older home in the city, she not only helped us downsize our previous home for storage, but used her considerable design skills to stage our home for selling! (Got five offers the first day.) Since older homes often lack adequate storage and closet space, she has helped us come up with new solutions. I can't believe the difference she made in our aged St Louis basement, making it a place I actually like to be in! She recommended affordable shelving units and transformed a pile of boxes into an easy to use space where we can find things at a glance. I can't say enough about Mimi - she is one of a kind. She is so easy to have around -- which is important when you consider how much time you may potentially be spending with an organizer. I have recommended her to a lot of families in transition -- moving, selling, perhaps dealing with the belongings of an elderly relative. Her patience, tact and approachability are phenomenal. Mimi, you've changed our lives
- The Nett Group Real Estate AdvisorsOur home sat on the market for three months with no results. The NETT Group stepped in. We did what they advised and they sold our home in SEVEN HOURS!
- PURE Home DesignDavid and Liz came out to give me a quote on how much it would cost to fix up a house I was buying out of foreclosure. I was within a week of when I was supposed to close, and had had multiple contractors come out, all of whom had given me completely different quotes. David and Liz were unique: they had a long questionnaire to fill out before ever meeting with you to help gauge your decorating taste and personality. When I met with them, it was clear to me that they had actually taken the time to read over this multi-page questionnaire! When I met with them, they spent hours with me walking around and inside the home, giving me very helpful suggestions and recommendations about what they thought would be the best way to fix up the house. However, at one point, David took me aside to talk to me about my reasons for buying this particular home. I told him, and he said that he hoped he wasn't overstepping, but that if I still could, he thought I should run from this house. He used to be a real estate agent himself before he got into remodeling and design, and he was telling me to run, because he saw the house becoming a complete money pit. I was not expecting this kind of behavior out of a contractor, but I was exceptionally appreciative of his candor. He went out of his way to recommend a current agent he knows, who he felt would take better care of me, and an environmental inspector he trusts (there were mold issues that developed at the house), and even went so far as to call both to get second opinions and let them know to expect calls from me. David was hugely helpful, and I walked away from the house. He was the only person among the contractors who was honest with me about the extent of damage and told me to get out while I still could. He also charged me less than he ordinarily does for a consultation because I had already lost so much money in the house. Great company, very honest... Good people. I will DEFINITELY be contacting them again when I buy another house. I highly recommend them
- PURE Home DesignAll the work David and his crew have done for us has been beautiful! Our home is warm and colorful and interesting, not "the norm"--we're very happy with it. David is a pleasure to work with and is very detail oriented and very "hands on," even when the work is being done by one of his crews, rather than himself. He's generous and open with his ideas and suggestions and also willing to listen to the clients and incorporate their ideas. The crews that David brings in are also top-notch people that you can trust--even enjoy--having in your home. One of the things I appreciate about David is that, if there is a glitch in the project, he will bend over backwards to make sure things come out right. An example: We had our living room chairs reupholstered and there were a couple of problems with the outcome. One of the problems (a flaw in the fabric) David noticed himself, but we hadn't. He still made sure it was made right, and the chairs are lovely. The only surprise for us in working with SKD was that the decorating portion of the project was much more costly than we had anticipated, and it was difficult for us to keep a handle on just what things were costing as the project went along. Even so, I would definitely recommend David's work--he'll do a wonderful job for you
- PURE Home DesignI am extremely pleased with everything. We have used David Schneider before and never regretted it for a minute! As usual, this job has been great!!! David's workers showed up when they said they would and did the work. David organized all jobs with his workers and checked on their progress. The floors are gorgeous. I absolutely love them! The quality of the work is "top notch". I like the color he selected to paint our interior, it really pulls our house together and compliments our furniture. His suggestions about adding extra can lights in the living room and bedroom ceiling lights were terrific and just what we needed. David also noticed the unfinished tile work in the kitchen and bathroom and was able to get tile to match what was already there. The finishing touch was helping us with furniture placement and hanging art work. He has a keen eye with color and space. He always kept us informed as to what was going on with the project. His budget was right on target. I will continue to use Schneider Kennedy Design for any work I need in our new home
- PURE Home DesignWe had used David for design work a few years ago. We were missing the accessories that really make a room. Removing all the personal photos, etc. for showing the house made it even more obvious we needed help. Using most of what we had, David helped with furniture re-arrangement and purchasing of accessories to finish off 7 rooms. We bought anything from low priced items at discount stores to quality purchases from his design resources. The rooms have a good traffic flow and look inviting. I wish I had accessories sooner. Everything looks great in the home. I spent between $10 and $250 per item. Most items were under $30. It was our decision to make a few quality purchases of ?basic? items like lamps and mirrors that will easily find a place in our new home. I believe we have negotiated a favorable hourly rate compared to other staging services in the St. Louis area. The cost shown is for David?s advice and time and does not include items purchased
- PURE Home DesignAs discribed above SKD did all the above and I sold my home in 6 days. That's do to their work no doubt.
Last update on July 5, 2019
Home Stagers in Saint Louis
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home stager articles
No one wants their rental property to sit vacant. Read on for a few simple tips to make your rental stand out so you can find a tenant quickly.
If you're selling a house in a neighborhood populated with children, it's a good idea to highlight the family-friendly features of your house. Here's how.
Find home stagers in
home stagers in Saint Louis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ALLTREE CARE INC13328 WESTERMAN RD
Saint Louis, Missouri 63122
- Bath & Kitchen Refinishing St Louis Llc2518 Lemay Ferry Rd Ste 1108
Saint Louis, Missouri 63125
- CJ Knapp Interiors11622 Page Service Dr
Saint Louis, Missouri 63146
- CURTAIN EXCHANGE OF ST LOUIS8119 MARYLAND AVE
Saint Louis, Missouri 63105
- RE/MAX Results4700 Hampton
Saint Louis, Missouri 63109
- Realty Executives of St Louis12016 Tesson Ferry Rd.
Saint Louis, Missouri 63128
- Sisters Stage St. Louis7110 Winona Ave
Saint Louis, Missouri 63109
- ALLTREE CARE INC
- Baker Exteriors18 Lamplighter Ln
O'fallon, Missouri 63368
- Baker Exteriors
- Caroline Wefel-Fort13718 Olive Blvd
Chesterfield, Missouri 63017
- Caroline Wefel-Fort
- Fixed Assets LLC7537 Parkdale Ave Apt 2
Clayton, Missouri 63105
- Fixed Assets LLC
- Interior Makeovers By Anne OCallaghan265 Indies Way
Naples, Florida 34110
- Interior Makeovers By Anne OCallaghan
- Kevelynn, The Professional Organizer6953 Stone Breeze Dr
Stone Mountain, Georgia 30087
- Kevelynn, The Professional Organizer
- S&K Interiors4660 Maryland Ave 260 C
St. Louis, Missouri 63108
- S&K Interiors
- The Nett Group Real Estate Advisors16690 Swingley Ridge Rd Suite 240
Chesterfield, Missouri 63017
- The Nett Group Real Estate Advisors