Use this cost guide to learn what you can expect to pay for a phone jack installation. The cost depends on labor rates, the intricacy of the wiring, and wall access.
Get matched with top phone companies in New York, NY
There are 11 highly-rated local phone companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Phone Company Reviews in New York
- Volt CommunicationsWas a professional, all wiring worked, was done quickly and cleanly so that unnecessary wires weren't hanging around or showing, I would use again.
- Integrated Electrical SolutionsWe were having problems with our business phone system and could not find anyone that would do the work that we needed. I figured it was a long shot but we turned to Angie's List in hopes of finding someone that would be able to help us out. Within 30 minutes I received a phone call from Cory, the owner of Integrated Electric. I explained the problem that we were having and he told me that he actually lived in the area and that he could stop by on his way home to take a look at the problem. He had told me that he was not a tech guy by trade but he would take a look and if it was something that he could fix he would gladly do the work and if not there would be no charge. Needless to say it was more involved than just a simple fix and we wound up having to install a new phone system but Corey went above and beyond to get the job done! He was very professional and the work he performed was A+++ I would definitely recommend Integrated Electric and Corey gained a customer for life
- Verizon WirelessOur television, phone and internet went out on a Wednesday afternoon. They only problem we had is it took an hour and five minutes to get a live person on the phone. She took us through some troubleshooting steps which nothing worked. They sent a worker out the next day and did an excellent job changing the junction box in our garage. Everything works beautifully now, I will recommend them and continue to use them
- Telecom Analysis Group LLCAndy was amazing! He really knows everything about this type of service request. He was punctual, courteous, and professional. He identified very quickly where the problem was and corrected it immediately. I am so very pleased with the service and would highly recommend him to anyone who needs telephone line repair service
- Beneffy TelecomVery friendly customer support, help with all set up, fast and easy. Gave us great recommendations how to set up our phone network and choose feathers. Great people, good prices!
- Neighborhood Telephone ManGeoffrey did a thorough investigation, and concluded that the outside line needed to be replaced. He got on the phone with Verizon and, speaking their language, convinced them to replace the outside line (our experience has otherwise been that Verizon will do a makeshift patch, and service will go out again). The line replacement was indeed what we needed, because the signal is much clearer now, without the static and other interference we'd been getting. Geoffrey called a few days later to follow up. He's a retired telephone man, and really knows his stuff. He's also a real gentleman. We can't say enough good about him
- Neighborhood Telephone ManWell Mr. Brunkhorst is an excellent in house phone repair person. He came on time to the house, greeted my mother and I in a friendly manner, and got straight to work. he quickly identified the problem and solved it in a short time. He was extremely thorough with checking the jacks, following the lines where they connected to, and knows his stuff. If we have another problem, we would definitely call him again
- Neighborhood Telephone ManI called Geoffrey on a Saturday and made an appointment for him to remove an old phone system and install some phones that I bought. He was very punctual, did the work and his price was very reasonable. I did have a problem with one phone and it turned out that I was using the wrong telephone wires. Geoffrey was very nice and came back as soon as I called. I would recommend him for any phone work that one need
- Neighborhood Telephone ManGeoff is the consummate professional. He is personable, knowledgeable and committed to getting the job done right. He clearly is concerned with satisfying his customers. He's welcome in our home at any time.
- Neighborhood Telephone ManImagine that you had a friendly, professional, and supremely-competent neighbor who worked for the phone company, had all the tools and meters and wires and ladders and stuff, and who was willing to come over and deal with your phone needs if and when you ever had problems, because he was your nice neighbor. That's the experience that The Neighborhood Telephone Man provides. Having experienced his service, the business title is just perfect. As noted above, I was really at a loss as to how to fix what was plainly an inside-wire problem (i.e. our responsibility), after we had traded Verizon service for Cablevision. The Cablevision phone signal was nice and clear coming off their modem; things just got screwed up after being connected to our house telephone wiring. This pernicious problem had previously been very intermittent, and we had learned to live with it because Verizon had never been able to get it completely-fixed. However, when we had the house power washed, water must have gotten into the wire wherever, and the problem became much more frequent and really impossible to live with. I had no idea who to call -- I didn't even think Angie's List would have a category for this -- so I did a google search on something like private inside wire maintenance or something. I was shocked to see a description of The Neighborhood Telephone Man, who seemed to be exactly what I needed. I then went to Angie's List to see if this business had a listing and it did, and positive reviews. I called Geoff, and was referred to his cell phone. I reached him while he was in the attic of a house in Old Brookville installing a system, and he agreed to come over and look at the problem. His background is that he worked for Verizon for many years, and so has lots of experience and has seen and solved lots of problems. He is a real gentleman: nicely-groomed, nicely-dressed, professional, polite, calm -- just the kind of person you are comfortable having in your house. Geoff will do everything from installing a fancy phone system to installing a new jack or diagnosing and fixing a real problem like ours. He carefully-analyzed the problem, and finally traced the problem to a piece of wire on exactly the opposite side of the house than I had expected. I thought the problem must be on the exterior because it happened when it rained or was moist, but the only exterior wiring I knew about was on one side of the house. Ultimately, after much tracing of wires, Geoff found the faulty exterior wire that we didn't know about and that Verizon had never found. Then it was just a jiffy to replace, and we were done. While he was here, Geoff put in an extra jack so that we would have both telephone numbers available in a room in which we had previously only had one. The man clearly knows what he is doing, couldn't be nicer or more knowledgeable, is a calming presence because he himself is calm-but-quick, and charges a fair price for his service. We really are delighted that he has chosen to set up this small business, and would recommend him to anyone with a telephone issue of any kind, business or residential. He's the kind of man who is just happy to help, so I would gladly call him with a problem whether it was big or small. (By the way, I think The Neighborhood Telephone Man's services are usually a little less-expensive, but he had to make two trips because we had to leave on the first day before he was finished, and he spent just hours and hours here examining a phone-line setup that went all over this very large house; I am sure that for most installations things would be much, much simpler. We felt we got a great deal given that he solved a pernicious, annoying problem and found the problem when years of phone company people coming out had not.) UPDATE: Just wanted to say that it has been a week since the work was completed, and that the second line still works flawlessly and doesn't have a hint of static. It is finally and correctly fixed better than it has worked in recent memory. We had a gigantic wind and rain storm last week, which always would have put the line out of service in the past, and this time, it just kept on working. Thanks, Geoff! He really did correctly-pinpoint the actual problem and took effective steps to completely and permanently fix it
Last update on May 12, 2021
Landline Phone Service in New York
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful phone company articles
Most phone repairs come from water damage from slipping out of a pocket into the toilet or a pool. To save your phone, pluck it out quickly and don’t turn it on. Get more tips for increasing the chances of your phone surviving its dip.
Do you still need a landline? There are certain instances where you may still reap the benefits of having a landline, but alternatives are usually cheaper.
Find phone companies in
phone companies in New York
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 911 Communications187 MILLBURN AVENUE
Millburn, New Jersey 07041
- 911 Communications
- Bergen IT LLC42 Henry St
Glen Rock, New Jersey 07452
- Bergen IT LLC
- Digital Security ConceptsPO BOX 750190
Forest Hills, New York 11375
- Digital Security Concepts
- Illiryan Electrician30 E Hartsdale Ave
Hartsdale, New York 10530
- Illiryan Electrician
- MicroSky Managed Services900 South Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10314
- MicroSky Managed Services
- Refresh Computers820 E St Rd 434
Longwood, Florida 32750
- Refresh Computers
- Venture Maintenance Services464 Van Duzer St A3
Staten Island, New York 10304
- Verizon55 Us Highway 9
Englishtown, New Jersey 07726
- Verizon556 Route 17
North Paramus, New Jersey 07652
- Verizon - West Islip420 Montauk Hwy
West Islip, New York 11795
- Vetstelecom255 Bailey Plantation Dr
Richmond Hill, Georgia 31324
- Vincenzo Home Technologies67 Lois Ave
East Brunswick, New Jersey 08816
- Venture Maintenance Services