From contracts to closing costs, buying a new home can be daunting. Once you settle in, keep these new homeowner tips on hand for an easy transition.
Get matched with top property appraisers in Nashville, TN
There are 0 highly-rated local property appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Real Estate Appraising Reviews in Nashville
- Aegis Appraisals IncExtremely professional and courteous. They also went above and beyond to help me make an educated decision as a first-time homebuyer. One of the friendliest companies I've come across!
- Bradley Inspection ServicesThey came when they said they would. They did a thorough job and explained everything to me. They were recommended to me by my friend.
- ROBERT M COLLIER COWe need to have another appraisal done and are planning to call him again. Why mess with such great success.
- HAYES APPRAISAL GROUP INCI called for an appraisal and left a message and received an immediate call back, which was more than I can say of another company I contacted. Also, Mr. Hayes was easy to schedule a with and was very professional. On the day he came he was punctual and polite. We had no problem at all with his report, it was just what we needed
- Berenice Denton’s Estate Sales & AppraisalsBerenice is the expert in the area doing estate sales. I met with her about a month before the sale at my parents house. After that we set a date for a Friday and Saturday. On Monday of that week, her organizers came to the house and we all worked all day. At one point there were 6 of her staff there working. They kept in touch with me the rest of the week, so everything went smoothly on the sale days. I talked to many of her staff at different times and they were all very nice and kind
- Bradley Inspection ServicesIt started out well and Brad was very nice and responsive. However, once the inspection was complete that changed and he returned one phone call. After that, he did not return my phone calls or emails. And I did send several. After the inspection was completed and we moved in, we immediately had a 2 separate leaks from our shower down through our basement ceiling. One was in a concealed wall; however, the other one was in the open area of our basement where it really ought to have been seen. The plumbing costs and dry wall costs were well over $2500, not to mention the anxiety caused by leaks, not being able to use showers, and having at one point raw sewage into our basement. When asked about it, Brad would not take any responsibility nor would he refund our $350 inspection fee. Furthermore, he didn't complete the inspection himself but rather hires firemen who "he trains" and says he "knows they do a good job because he trained them". However, our real estate agent said they have also had a recent problem with an inspection carried out by one of his "trainees". All in all this ended quite poorly and I think this reflects on the type of business he runs. I would strongly recommend against using him
- Anchor Estate Sales LLCHow'd it go? Not sure how to answer this one. Overall, very unsatisfied with the service. I understand t is hard to let the possessions from a departed parent go. Putting those emotions aside I'll review best I can. Denise initially showed respect in my feelings. However, I did not approve when I came in and found she and her daughter going thru and hand picking things to keep for themselves, (later she gave me what she thought they were worth). Before the sale day, and before things were "inventoried" I withdrew some antiques (family cut glass and silver plate items) from the sale. Denise complained with the premise that it was cutting into her profits. The day of the sale, I came over to do a walk thru and discovered she had included some items she had "purchased" from other estate sales so sell at my sale. (Makes me wonder about items she allotted to herself and her daughter earlier). It was apparently a "successful" sale as 90% of the items were gone. Goodwill removed the remainder. Overall, it was a bad experience. Not from the fact of letting my Mothers items go, but the uneasiness I got from Denise. I would not use her again nor recommend Anchor Estate sales to anyone else..
- Berenice Denton’s Estate Sales & AppraisalsExtremely disappointed with this sale and how it was handled. In our opinion and after talking with several buyers that came by the sale, the items in the sale were exorbitantly priced, 2-3x higher than they should have been. They were priced so high that many people just left the sale. This resulted in many pieces of furniture, many antiques and other items that were not sold. When we arrived back to the house after the sale, it was a total mess. There was sale merchandise covering the floors which was left for us to pickup (I didn't expect everything to be neatly organized but this was a shocker). This company unlike other Estate Sale companies, do not arrange for donation of the remaining items, it is left up to you. There was so much leftover, we let 5 neighbors take whatever they wanted, then it took us 3 days and 9 trips to Goodwill and 2 trips to a consignment shop to get rid of the rest since there was no time left for a yard sale. The house keys were never returned to us. We had arranged for the old mattresses to be picked up for a fee from someone they contracted to do this service, when he was called for a pickup, we were told he really didn't want to pick up mattresses and that I should get a truck and haul them to the dump myself! I was really excited for this sale and now just feel sick to my stomach at the outcome
- HAYES APPRAISAL GROUP INCDuring the course of a refinance, my mortgage company hired Hayes Appraisal Group to appraise my home. Unsure if there was an existing relationship between the two companies, but the appraisal performed by Chad Hayes was completely unrealistic. As my home was the model in the neighborhood, it has thousands of dollars worth of upgrades most comp homes in the neighborhood did not, but this was not considered in his appraisal which came in $17k less than the appraisal performed 2 years prior at purchase, and $30k less than the recent sale price of a neighborhood home most similar to mine. The Nashville market has done nothing but appreciate during the last 2 years and additional upgrades were made to the home during this time. When asked to provide background on what logic/methodology he uses in his business, Chad refused to answer. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for an accurate appraisal of your Middle Tennessee home
- Fisher AppraisalsHe had a good rating on here and on Home Advisers so I went ahead paid him $400 while he was here on Dec 27, 2019. He said it would take a week and would send in an email. After about 1 1/2 weeks it was not done, I sent email and he replied it should be done by Friday, at about 2 1/2 weeks it was still not done. I sent him an email telling him if it was not done in 2 days I would contact the board of appraisers. He called me the next morning appologizing and said he'd have it done by Saturday, he said he had to get it done because he was going out of town the next week. So Saturday (Jan 18, 2020) came and still no appraisal. Now it's Sunday the 19th and I've already sent a complaint to Home Adviser and now Angie's List. I will be contacting the Board of Appraisers tomorrow. Thank you, Nelda Buchana
Last update on August 17, 2022
Real Estate Appraisers in Nashville
Explore our Solution Center for helpful real estate appraiser articles
Whether you're planning to sell in the near future – or you just want to grow your investment – these seven easy adjustments will make your home worth more.
A home appraisal is an important document that could change the course of your home buying, selling, and refinancing plans. Don’t move through a real estate transaction without reading how home appraisers calculate the value of your investment.
Find property appraisers in
- Belle Meade,
- Oak Hill,
- Forest Hills,
- Whites Creek,
- Old Hickory,
- Green Hill,
- La Vergne,
- Shackle Island,
- Mount Juliet,
- Ashland City,
- Kingston Springs,
property appraisers in Nashville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Berenice Denton’s Estate Sales & Appraisals6309 Charlotte Pike
Nashville, Tennessee 37209
- Berenice Denton’s Estate Sales & Appraisals
- Bradley Inspection Services1013 Tower Hill Ln
Hendersonville, Tennessee 37075
- Bradley Inspection Services
- Camelot Roof Cleaning & Exterior Solutions425 North Thompson Lane 88
Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37129
- Camelot Roof Cleaning & Exterior Solutions
- HAYES APPRAISAL GROUP INCP O BOX 8178
Hermitage, Tennessee 37076
- HAYES APPRAISAL GROUP INC