Installing solar panels can vary in cost. The panels themselves and the operating system comprise half of the price, while the rest comes from labor, permits, inspections, and operational expenses.
Get matched with top solar panel companies in Louisville, KY
There are 8 highly-rated local solar panel companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Solar Companies Reviews in Louisville
- Solar Is FreedomMy husband was very interested in obtaining solar for our house in Louisville. I was very hesitant given the arrangements/permits/pricing that comes along with solar. Shelby helped ease us through the process. The initial call does seem scripted but it it to get to know you, your family and your wants and needs. The presentation was through zoom. Once we committed Shelby took care of our homeowners paperwork, zoning, electric company documents and stayed in contact with us the entire way. The guys who placed the panels and wiring were extremely respectful and helpful. Would absolutely recommend this company and Shelby to anyone who will listen
- Solar Is FreedomThe sales team walked us through the process, answered all our questions and made sure we understood the pros and cons of a solar system (and its limits). They checked in with us every week till the installation was done (government permit process gets an F but not their fault). The install team was on time, and went right to work. They answered all our questions and were very friendly. They did not leave till it was all done and tested. They also cleaned up very nicely
- Solar Is FreedomFrom the first call the experienced and helpful staff guided us through the process taking time to answer all of our questions. We never felt pressured to commit to anything. They kept us up to date through the entire process and were always easy to get ahold of if we had any further questions. I can't recommend this company highly enough! Andrew was super helpful. Solar is freedom really came through for us
- Solar Is FreedomHighly recommend! I thought getting solar panels would be expensive, but it's not! They're actually SAVING me money. If I could afford it, you can too! Quick, painless installation. Paper signing was over Zoom (it's 2020). My representative, Andrew gave me his phone number so I can call with questions or help any time
- Solar Is FreedomKarim Kimble was our guy. He helped us as best he could. We are 27 panels installed. And yes our electric bill has gone down.
- Fafco Solar EnergyThey were fabulous. They analyzed the system, got it working and even got it set up for online monitoring. They were fabulous, easy to work worth. If you are thinking of installing solar they are great.
- SunWind Power Systems, IncWe had a fabulous experience with SunWind Power. All expectations were met or exceeded. We love the look of our panels and are thrilled with the quality. Jeremy worked with us through every part of the process, and was a pleasure to talk to. He was very responsive by email and phone and took the time to answer all of our questions. SunWind Power uses high-quality materials that have a 25 year warranty, and that makes us rest easy that our investment was worth the cost. We highly recommend working with this company and have already recommended them to many of our friends. Solar power is possible in Kentucky
- SunWind Power Systems, IncIf solar installation were an event in the 2016 Olympics, the team from SunWind Power Systems of Floyds Knobs, Ind., would win the gold medal. Granted, I’m not a real judge in the world’s biggest sports spectacle. To be honest, I have only a dim grasp of athletics. But I am very discriminating when it comes to hiring people to work on my home, and I know good work when I see it. Several months ago, after 10 years of dreaming about adding rooftop solar, I finally decided to go for it. A work colleague recommended Jeremy Coxon at SunWind, so I contacted Coxon to see if he would design and install a solar PV system for my 1,300-square foot, all-electric home. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Coxon and his associate, Trent Winlock, are exceptionally good at what they do. Coxon, an engineer, is a seasoned project manager who knows solar PV systems and out. Winlock is a talented, versatile craftsman and problem-solver. Both are hard workers who take professional standards to heart and who share a commitment to sustainable living. Unlike some companies that slap solar panels on the roof, collect their money and drive away, SunWind approached my project thoughtfully and strategically. They reviewed my annual power usage. They searched every nook and cranny of my house for air leaks, showing me where work was needed and prompting me to seal a crawlspace that had sucked out air for years. They used scientific data to determine where my panels would get maximum sun exposure. They even considered where to mount my inverter so it wouldn’t be an architectural eyesore. Then, and only then, they created a written plan for my approval, climbed atop my house themselves and made things happen. My 5,000 kW system began generating power in early May, and Duke Energy signed off on my net metering agreement soon after. Everything is working flawlessly. My most recent Duke bill (for usage May 17-June 16) was $3.45 compared to $92.95 for the same period last year. Hard to believe, but true. What’s more, SunWind made it possible for me to do something on an individual level to chip away at the problem of climate change. Every kilowatt hour I generate from the sun equals one less kilowatt hour generated by fossil fuels. That’s no small thing, and it gives me a wonderful feeling. If you’re thinking about adding solar, now or later, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone better than SunWind. Coxon and Winlock may not be actual Olympic athletes, but believe me when I say they will go the distance on your project, and you and the environment will be the winners
- Solar Energy Solutions LLC - LexingtonVery good process from start to end. Easy to understand estimate and quotation process, emphasis on what what was right for me vs. the most expensive system, well trained and diligent install team and a very high standard of work over the 2 day fitting process. This is the second system I have had Solar Energy Solutions perform for me and I would not hesitate to return to them for other jobs or recommend them to others. They have the habit of being able to demystify the solar (PV or Hot Water) process and guide you through it in a painless way. The staff are nationally accredited for this job type which they do full-time, a big selection criteria for me vs. others who as plumbers or electricians do this part-time or as a side line. The completed job was done on time, the results looked good on the house, all plumbing and electrics have been fault free and the job site was kept neat and they even cleaned up well after themselves (how often does that happen?). They even solved a couple of other electric problems I had in my basement along the way which was a great bonus! I also was appreciative of the handover process where they ran me through system operation in detail to ensure I was comfortable with the small amount of management or maintenance that will be required over the years. Now all I have to do is enjoy the free hot water. Very happy; now for the PV project
- SunWind Power Systems, IncWe've been very pleased with the products and we were very pleased with the person who did the work. He was not a hard-sell person. He was not trying to sell us. He could have put up additional panels although I could not have afforded much more but he was honest about the fact that he felt like because of some shade that we had on a part of our roof that we would not get our money for it. He was very honest about things and pretty much has been accurate as far as how much it would be able to generate. He worked when the weather was not exactly at its best and I felt like he pretty much did everything by the book and was careful about not doing things that would be detrimental to our health in the process. There were times when he couldn't get out here when we wanted to but there were times he would get out here before we even expected him. We have encouraged people to use his services
Solar Panel Installers in Louisville
- Business Description:Solar Is Freedom is based in Cincinnati, Ohio and services the greater Cincinnati area (including northern Kentucky, southwest Ohio, and southeast Indiana) and Dayton. SIF has offices in Columbus, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky that service the greater Columbus and Louisville areas as well. Through the installation of a solar array powered by photovoltaic solar panels, Solar Is Freedom enables homeowners and businesses alike to achieve energy independence. SIF offers a free consultation to de..Recent Review:We worked with Sonny and he is wonderful. He is professional, honest and very prompt. He answered every question we had honestly. Unfortunately for us we are not able to make this work do to our electric company having some ridiculous fees. If in the future things change we will definitely be calling Sonny or Solar is Freedom. Great company to work withKelly T.
- Business Description:Cornett Roofing Systems is a proven Midwest leader in the installation and repair of permanent roofing systems, including metal, slate, tile, and copper. In addition, we are a premier installer of solar energy panels and systems. Using only the highest quality materials, Cornett Roofing Systems delivers beautiful, permanent roofing systems that offer a lifetime warranty. Financing options are available to qualified customers. Cornett Roofing Systems has offices in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio ..Recent Review:They were absolutely awesome. The crew was fantastic and hardworking. They were meticulous including cleaning up absolutely everything in the yard. We would give them an A+. It was a little pricey. We would recommend them to anyoneCarol G.
- Business Description:Icon Solar is one of the largest providers of solar power in the Midwest. As proven experts in renewable energy, we deliver innovative, practical solutions for residential and commercial customers since 2009. To ensure that all homeowners and businesses can reap the benefits of solar technology, we offer flexible financing alternatives. With years of experience and hundreds of installations, we are the qualified, trusted and local source for residential solar panel installation. We continue t..Recent Review:We started with Icon due to the recommendation of a friend who had done a lot of research on Solar panels as well as providers. I contacted them via the internet, then discussed on phone after they looked at a Google earth image to see how much sun my roof might have. The next step was a visit from Nathan who did a great job of explaining the advantages of a solar system and a very detailed analysis based on our exact situation. We spoke to neighbors who had solar, which led us to ask several questions which were answered well by the Icon engineers and others and we chose to go ahead. Next step was a site evaluation in which all roof surfaces are measured, attic spaces checked to determine roof strength etc. Efficient crew here as well. Last step was installation which could not have gone better. The electrician (local guy hired by Icon) was there by 7:45am, we walked around and through the house to determine how to run wires from roof attic spaces to the panel in the basement. They started working right away followed a few hours later by the Icon crew from Ohio (where the company is based). By approximately 5pm the whole system was started up and was generating power. All phases were very professionally done and well coordinated so as not to waste any of my time away from work. I really appreciated the detailed analysis of the amount of time it would take for the system to pay for itself (much less than I originally thought) and answering all of the questions we had not thought about that they brought up so we would be informed. Excellent company that does plenty of business in the Indy area as they seem to be here frequently. Top notchJEFFREY C.
- Business Description:We provide the most reliable and efficient solar energy systems available. Our lowest total cost of ownership approach will lower your energy bills for a generation. We supply and install all forms of solar panels and provide consultation and design services including site assessment, specification writing, system design and installationRecent Review:This owner-run independent business is an ideal partner for solar installations. I have installed three residential solar systems, and two were done by SunWIndPower (I now wish the st one had been as well). Jeremy the owner involved our family in every major decision, explained this complicated technology well and in simple, clear terms, and was present throughout. His final contract with us has changed we use the property in addition to making this house nearly energy self-sufficient. Without hesitation, SunWindPower Systems is the partner to choose for this kind of workMartin C.
- Business Description:Automated Living provides superior electronic, automation, and integration services for all of our customer’s residential, commercial, and marine needs and desires. From simple home television installations, to installing complex pro audio/video/lighting systems for houses of worship; our knowledgeable and experienced professionals will work hard to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied. Automated Living proudly serves the Kentucky and Southern Indiana regions. However, our speci..Recent Review:Excellent job by Jason. <br /> He was on time,and got the job done very professionally,and advised me on what needs to be done to have a great home theater experience . <br /> Will definitely call him back for more work in my living room. <br /Anil B.
- Business Description:Third Sun Solar is a woman-owned business founded by Michelle and Geoff Greenfield two decades ago that is dedicated to using business as a force for good in the world. Our mission-driven business is a certified B-Corp, existing not just for profit, but for people and the planet as well. Please call or text today to schedule your free solar evaluation: 740-249-4533Recent Review:Third Sun Solar did such a great job on the first 16 panels we had installed in 2018, so we decided to build another building in 2020 and we added 16 more solar panels on the new structure. Third Sun Solar also installed a Tesla power wall in our house in 2020. Now we are mostly self-sufficient for all of our electric needs on most daysAlan S.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:The job went extremely well. I started out deleting from a stand alone hard drive and unbeknown to me I was actually deleting from my computer as well. To make matters worst, I deleted from my recycle bin as well. At this point, I thought it was a lost cause. I had great success working with Spencer in the past and decided to call him and see if anything could be salvaged. Spencer reassured me that something could be done and would ask Thomas to call me that evening. Thomas is very professional and exceeded my expectations. He has tremendous patience and easy to talk with. He explained what was happening in great detail. He loaded software on my computer and restored almost everything. He actually restored everything that I wanted to retrieve. Then he showed me how to execute the software and selectively restore just the things I was interested in. I will definitely use them againCurtis W.
- Business Description:Parsons Construction Group is Cincinnati's premier insulation and coating specialists. PCG is a company built on a solid foundation committed to building relationships with its clients and known for its reliability and trust. Through the past fifteen years, Parsons has carefully aligned itself with three of the most trusted and respected manufactures of their kind in America. The first being Florian Greenhouse made in the USA known nationally and internationally for its unsurpa..Recent Review:Everything turned out very good. My blinds were put up incorrectly but he will fix it if I call him. They have done other painting services in the past and I have always been pleased. They are not cheap but they do a very good job. Everyone is very professional and very educated. They always show up on timePATRICIA H.
- Business Description:Jarboe's is the most comprehensive, client-focused home service company in the Louisville area. Our process-driven team of experts is connected through a commitment to excellence, and a passion for serving others. We earn trust by educating on options, working in the best interest of every client, and backing up everything we do – in writing. Our goal is to exceed your expectations to provide a true comfort experience that feels right, because you know it’s rightRecent Review:The technician explained everything he did in the process, even taking pictures and sharing with me. He thoroughly explained his recommendation for further maintenance and listed several options. He was very professional and pleasant. (Technician was John Christian.Jeannie L.
- Business Description:Thanks for allowing us to serve you and your community for over 15 years. We are Lexington, Owensboro, and Central Kentuckys Award Winning Design/Build Remodeling Company. Design/Build is having Professional Interior Designers on staff to show you what your home remodeling project will look like (even in 3-D), guide you in selections and hand hold you throughout the project. Then having project managers, lead carpenters, quality craftsman and trade partners to build and remodel your dream. We..Recent Review:It always seems to take forever with remodeling, as was the case this time. However, I believe things went as well as possible considering the sequential installation nature of the different elements. Quick to address any concerns during the processLiz V.
Deals in Louisville for Solar Panels
Explore our Solution Center for helpful solar panel installer articles
Leasing solar panels has several pros and cons. While you save money upfront, you also forfeit the benefits that you’d get with purchasing solar panels. Here’s what you need to know to decide whether or not you should lease or buy solar panels.
If you’re making the switch to solar energy, one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is choosing between solar panels and solar shingles. Here’s what you need to know before you decide which option is right for your home.
solar panel companies in Louisville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A Assurance Construction Co3937 Central Ave
- AAA Contractors LLC5917 Bardstown Rd.
- ADD-A-ROOM LTD CO6021 COOPER CHAPEL RD
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- AMTECK11441 Blankenbaker Access Dr
- Automated Living LLC1739 W Market Street
- A Assurance Construction Co
- Fackler Homes Inc1504 Polo Fields Ct.
- Fackler Homes Inc
- Icon Solar Power LLC50 W Techne Center Dr. Suite K
- Icon Solar Power LLC
- National Roofing Solutions3011 Wirth Avenue
- National Roofing Solutions
- Radiant Solar LLc5700 Wooster Pike
- Radiant Solar LLc
- Secure Stat HVAC210 Sherwood Ct
- Solar Energy Solutions LLC - Lexington1038 Brentwood Ct. Ste B
- Solar Energy Solutions LLC. Louisville10370 Bluegrass Pkwy
- Solar Is Freedom 4007 Bach Buxton Rd
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Star Solar Specialists6612 Longview Beach Rd
- SunWind Power Systems, IncPO 856
- Secure Stat HVAC
- THIRD SUN SOLAR762 West Union St. Suite C
- THIRD SUN SOLAR
- Watts Your Project?313 N. Bonner Ave.
- Watts Your Project?