How do you pick the best leather furniture? Genuine leather and faux leather options offer different perks for price, durability, and comfort. Here's a guide to choosing good leather when decorating your home.
Get matched with top leather repair shops in Houston, TX
There are 6 highly-rated local leather repair shops.
Matching on Angi
Recent Leather Repair Reviews in Houston
- Mundae Cleaning & Restoration ServicesThe appointment was for am on saturday 17 September. However, on Friday evening, the serviceman called to indicate that he would be tied up on saturday and request permission to come on Friday evening to perform the services. Permission was given and the serviceman showed up on time. He confirmed the quotation that we had received for the cleaning / polishing of the two leather sofas ($185.00) and gave us an estimate to clean the carpets in the living room and entrance. We agreed that the price was reasonable and we authorized the work. He began with the leather sofas and we were very pleased with the results. I assisted the serviceman to move the living room furniture out of the way and he proceeded to clean the carpets. It was all done within an hour approximately.The work was very professional and the serviceman was very attentive to our furniture and our two dogs' curiosity...
- STITCHES AUTO TOPS & UPHOLSTERYWhen I found the car of my dreams, a 1997 Jaguar XK8, I searched for a shop that was up to the challenge of restoring the car to its pristine state. I can report that Stitches Auto Tops and Upholstery exceeded my expectations. My Jaguar XK8 is a joy to behold. This is what Joel Hutchinson and his team accomplished: Hand-tooled leather upholstery in both front seats; re-dyed leather and vinyl interior to match; powder coating on the original wheels; re-anodized alloy wheels; and newly installed top and liner. Joel is a master craftsman who convinced me he cherished my car as much as I do. His pride in his work instilled in me the confidence to leave my treasured car to his labor of love
- STITCHES AUTO TOPS & UPHOLSTERYMy SUV looks like a new car inside. I am very happy with the results. They installed as promised and they did great work. Thanks Joel and Brad!
- STITCHES AUTO TOPS & UPHOLSTERYMade an appointment 10 days in advance (due to my schedule, not the shop's) and the owner called to confirm on the morning of the scheduled day. Very professional. They did a nice job, on time and at the quoted price. I thought the pricing was a little on the high side, and was willing to pay up in order to obtain a quality job with convenient service. The owner is a bright guy who knows his business and was helpful in providing directions to the shop. He also gave me a bottle of Lexol to treat and help preserve the new leather. One reviewer commented that he was a little "rough", but I found him to be pleasant and businesslike - definitely a Git-R-Done type of person. Would use them again
- STITCHES AUTO TOPS & UPHOLSTERYThe work was completed in 1 day; I had expected 2-3 as it is a small shop and everyone was working when I walked in without calling first. The guys were very helpful, and then I noticed the Angie's List sign on the door, and got a bit of a discount on top of the good (and fast) repair.
- STITCHES AUTO TOPS & UPHOLSTERYDon't let the cost scare you. I had a lot of work done, and I chose top-quality leather instead of any of several cheaper alternatives. How I ended up at Stitches is a story in itself, but briefly it started with recommendation from the auto body shop owner that I frequent. He led me to an auto interior specialist but to this man's credit he knew when a job was too big for him, so he referred me to Chico's Auto Upholstery, apparently a premier shop. Chico's obviously was too busy for my business because I had to keep chasing him for follow-up. After 5 times I gave up on Chico. Not long after I spot Stitches on Hwy 6 and researched them. I decided to give Stitches a shot and it turned out to be a home run. I've been to a few "great" auto interior shops in Houston over the years but none of them compare to the quality and service I received at Stitches. The owner, Joel, is very knowledgeable. Final scope of work was quite substantial: repair/repad/upholster all seats, replace deteriorated seat lumbar air bags with new padding, replace material on 2 door panels, restore all 4 door panels (color, scratches, some rust). Front seat configuration is the typical Ford 40/20/40 with the middle jump seat; rear seat configuration is full bench seat with middle arm rest. Seat upholstery was the original gray cloth and was replaced with new gray Katzkin leather. I dropped the truck off on a Monday afternoon and picked it up the following Monday afternoon. For the scope of work, I thought this was a quick turnaround. To my astonishment, the quality of the work was unbelievably exceptional. Magnificent. Stunning. This is my truck? Wow! See attached pictures. Stitches' attention to detail is unsurpassed. I now sit slightly higher because the seats are not collapsed. The new padding in lumbar area is remarkably more comfortable than previous. The stitching, seams, and restorative padding are impressive workmanship. And the door panels . . . what a transformation! The color is restored to what looks like factory-new, the scratches and gouges are gone as is the rusting on the speaker grills. I am speechless on the quality. They did miss one minor item on both doors, but Joel had me bring it back a few days later and it took about 30 minutes waiting time to get finished. You can't ask for better service. Thanks, Joel, and to all your staff that transformed my truck! You are my shop from now on
- Dye Guy IncShane came out TO my work location, took the entire car seat with him, and returned it before my workday was over. He had knowledge enough of cars to know my model should not be started back up without the seat in it and warned me. It was really important to me not to have to miss work to have this done, and I did not have to rent a car either. Also, even coming to me their price was competitive with others I priced against. Also, my leather interior is a rust color - very nonstandard. You cannot tell the panel was replaced the match is so good. I would recommend these guys to ANYONE. Very happy
- TOTAL LEATHER CARE INCWent well. They charge $90 to pick and deliver (total round trip cost). They will also come to your site and provide an estimate for $45. They also told me that I could send them digital photos and get an estimate that way to avoid charges. This is what I am in the process of doing now.
- Dye Guy IncJoseph, the owner, estimated the repair via photos (long scratch on internal leather seat). Since I was traveling throughout the city, Joseph made arrangements at an auto dealership my the Astrodome on 610. I was greeted by one of his technicians, Joe Martin. For the work performed, one word, "awesome". Joe was very consciencious and somewhat of a perfectionist. Joe was very concerned in matching the color just right. He constantly worked on it until the color was just right. I was very pleased. This company is definitely the one source I will consider for any interior auto leather repair for this point on. Highly recommended
- Color Glo InternationalGreg came in right on time and set up outside in the driveway. He went right to work. He took the cushions and ottoman outside to clean and match color. All the work on them was done outside. The work on the rest of the sectional was done inside. He brought in blankets and pads for the floors and cleaned up afterward. He brought the cushions inside and laid them in the hallway to dry for 24 hours. The next day I put the cushions back on the sofa and it almost looks like new. If it last, I will be really happy with the job. $500 compared to buying a new sofa and ottoman. I will let you know how it works out. Right now, I'm totally satisfied
Last update on March 10, 2019
Leather Repair Specialist in Houston
Explore our Solution Center for helpful leather repair articles
Leather couches can obtain unsightly scratches, particularly from our furry friends. Follow this guide and learn how to fix scratches on a leather couch on your own.
It can be tricky to decide between reupholstering an old piece of furniture and buying something new. Learn how to make the right choice for you in this comparison guide.
Find leather repair shops in
- West University Place,
- Southside Place,
- Spring Valley Village,
- Bunker Hill Village,
- Hedwig Village,
- Piney Point,
- Hunters Creek,
- Jacinto City,
- Galena Park,
- South Houston,
- Jersey Village,
- Meadows Place,
- Brookside Village,
- Deer Park,
- Missouri City,
- Sugar Land,
leather repair shops in Houston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- AHM Furniture Service10825 Barely Ln Unit N
Houston, Texas 77070
- Color Glo International5315 Cypress Creek Pkwy # B-184
Houston, Texas 77069
- CW Home Service14134 Sandfield Dr
Houston, Texas 77077
- DR full services 12002 Soft Pines Dr
Houston, Texas 77066
- Guardsman-In Home Furniture Repair Houston2424 Chapman St
Houston, Texas 77009
- Honey Would Ya?5757 Guhn Rd
Houston, Texas 77040
- john schmieg furniture1919 west sam houston pkwy. north 103
Houston, Texas 77043
- Mundae Cleaning & Restoration Services6101 Maple St
Houston, Texas 77074
- Otto Remodeling7510 Burgoyne Rd
Houston, Texas 77063
- Sunnyroad Interiors3111 Fondren Rd
Houston, Texas 77063
- TOTAL LEATHER CARE INC9220 SUMMERBELL LN
Houston, Texas 77074
- AHM Furniture Service
- Dye Guy Inc11601 Shadow Creek Pkwy Ste 111, 177
Pearland, Texas 77584
- Dye Guy Inc
- Fitly Joined Together17808 Villa Way Dr
Spring, Texas 77379
- Fitly Joined Together
- Mathis Home Services12306 Westwold Dr
Tomball, Texas 77377
- Mathis Home Services
- Texas finest roofing511 Main St
Sugar Land, Texas 77498
- Texas finest roofing