Lead exposure causes a host of ailments, from developmental issues to common fatigue. Read this guide to find any hidden lead sources in your home.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Houston, TX
There are 6 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Houston
- Integrity Lead-based Paint Services LLCI just had the best experience with Steve Veedell and want to recommend him strongly. I asked my husband to refinish our tub this weekend and completely didn't think about the fact that our home was built in 1945 and there may be lead in the tub. After he sanded the tub and painted it, I realized I couldn't bring the baby back home without knowing whether we had just kicked up some lead dust or not! Steve had quoted some remodeling services for me before and I remembered he had tested every area of the job thoroughly for lead due to the age of my home. I called him up this morning and he was over at my home within the hour to test the tub (which tested negative for lead, thank goodness)! He didn't charge me a dime for his services today. He is a great guy to work with so if you also have a home that is older, give him a call before doing any remodeling to check for lead, especially if you have littles in the home as I do! He does a lot of services including mold remediation, too
- Integrity Lead-based Paint Services LLCSteve was very professional, very knowledgeable and gave us detailed information about our results. He explained things to us and took time to walk us through each area going over the values of the readings and how they would determine the progress of our repairs. He was very pleasant, positive attitude and friendly demeanor! Great service I highly recommended!
- Integrity Lead-based Paint Services LLCFirst off let me say that I signed up for Angie's list just to review this company. I had remembered Steve asking my husband as he left if we found him on Angie's list and my husband saying oh ya. Which I knew wasn't true because we didn't have an account and my husband probably didn't know what Angie's list was and said ya not realizing that we really should get on here and write a review! Anyhow, Steve came out to perform a lead inspection. He was on time, friendly and very very informative. He went through the entire house with his lead gun device and took a reading from every surface. He answered multiple questions along the way and took extra time to ease my anxieties. This was a very very time consuming inspection, but I say that in a good way. We wanted thorough, we wanted peace of mind and we wanted to be informed which was exactly what we got. If I remember correctly he was here about four hours, well after dark, and made sure the entire job was complete before he left. Within a couple days we received a full report by email detailing every surface tested (he also shared this information while doing the process). I don't think I have ever had someone do work of this nature that I felt had this much integrity. He was honest and definitely knew what he was talking about. When Steve left I felt completely confident about the knowledge I had pertaining to lead in our home. I knew how to maintain surfaces to keep things safe and what steps would need to be done if remodeling was done in the future. My husband and I even remarked that we wanted to remodel something just so that we could hire Steve to do more work for us. I know this sounds like an embellishment but its the truth. When all other sources were lacking real knowledge and information Steve made us feel like we finally had the information to make informed decisions about our home and keep our family safe
- Integrity Lead-based Paint Services LLCWonderful! The only complaint was that he was running a little late from his morning appointment across town, but the communication was excellent and he still arrived within a reasonable time frame and provided outstanding customer service, explaining everything he was doing and providing his professional expertise to help me make the most informed decision in my home-buying adventure
- Integrity Lead-based Paint Services LLCI called Integrity to come inspect my house for lead based paint as I was planning to do a bunch of remodeling. Knowing my house was built in 1967 made me a little paranoid that remodeling would release a bunch of lead dust into the air and make us all sick.
- Integrity Lead-based Paint Services LLCFirst contacted Steven Veedell on 2/5/15 via email about an estimate for lead-based paint remediation for the upstairs window and door trim where there was extensive peeling paint. These areas tested positive for high levels of lead using a home lead test. Steve came to our house on 2/7/15 and verified there was lead-based paint in these areas and other other areas of our home using an XRF analyzer gun. Steve stated he would provide a remediation quote for these areas. Steve did not provide a quote after 2 follow-ups (one email, one voicemail). I switched tactics and contacted Steve again on 4/27/2015 via email for a paid formal lead assessment/report. He agreed to do this the fee of $650. He arrived at our home on 4/29/2015 and spent several hours testing the lead levels in various areas using the XRF analyzer gun. He was paid in the $650 in full by check at the conclusion of the testing. Steve verbally agreed to provide two items while at our home performing the testing: 1) a remediation estimate and 2) a detailed report that specifies the lead-levels in each area. After three follow ups (two emails, one voice mail), Steve provided a remediation quote via email on 5/23/2015. The quote did not include any details on the lead levels in specific areas of the house. In his email on 5/23/2015, Steve stated " I will be out of town for a week. When I get back, I will put the Lead Inspection data into a format that will be useful for the next step.". That was the last time I heard from Steven Veedell. I have followed up several times since and he has never responded. So at this point, I've paid $650 for abatement estimate. I cannot recommend Steve Veedell/Integrity Lead-Based Paint Services
Last update on May 27, 2018
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Houston
Deals in Houston for Lead Paint Removal
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
Code violations can be a problem when upgrading your home. But we’ve got you covered—here are seven common building code violations and how to avoid them.
Before you buy an older house, there are certain things the seller or real estate agent are legally required to tell you about potential lead paint hazards.
Find lead abatement contractors in
- West University Place,
- Southside Place,
- Spring Valley Village,
- Hedwig Village,
- Bunker Hill Village,
- Hunters Creek,
- Piney Point,
- Jacinto City,
- Galena Park,
- South Houston,
- Jersey Village,
- Meadows Place,
- Brookside Village,
- Deer Park,
- Missouri City,
- Sugar Land,
lead abatement contractors in Houston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Brown Sterling Builders Inc5750 N Sam Houston Pkwy E Ste 405
Houston, Texas 77032
- Dri-fix Water Restoration of Houston16030 Sommerall Lake Ln
Houston, Texas 77084
- Integrity Lead-based Paint Services LLC1607 Vermont Avenue
Houston, Texas 77006
- Paul Davis Emergency Services Of West Houston11875 West Little York Ste 1002
Houston, Texas 77041
- Robert J Reda & Associates LLC5341 Nolda St. Unit D
Houston, Texas 77007
- Brown Sterling Builders Inc
- Absolute Perfection Inc842 Brookline Dr.
Katy, Texas 77494
- Absolute Perfection Inc
- Battle Plumbing Company741 W 1462 S
Rosharon, Texas 77583
- Battle Plumbing Company
- GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering600 N PEARL ST
Dallas, Texas 75201
- GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering
- Itech Environmental Services2121 Grandview Dr
Fort Worth, Texas 76112
- Itech Environmental Services
- Resto Medic14699 Brown Rd
Tomball, Texas 77377
- Resto Medic
- Texas finest roofing511 Main St
Sugar Land, Texas 77498
- Texas finest roofing